Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through song, spoken word, and written word, everyone prayed for Gannon to be found safe and sound. Andy Devenport was one of those attending and says for the last 48 hours everyone at their church has been heartbroken since hearing what happened.

"It's really been weighing heavy on all of our hearts just, what's going on?" Devenport says, "Where is he at? Why has it been 48 hours? What're the answers?"

The vigil for Gannon took place hours after about 200 people searched the neighborhood where he was last seen on Monday. Most of the searching was done on foot, but one volunteer drove an off-road vehicle to cover more ground.

The crowd broke off into several groups -- walking through neighborhoods, across open spaces and looking into drainage ditches -- but found nothing.

"We covered a ten-mile radius around his home," says Sara Robertson, an organizer of the search effort. "He left his phone at home, so he can't call anyone. He could be cold, hurt or lost. Some of these volunteers took off from work to be here. We just felt that we needed to do something."

A small group of volunteers searched an open area dotted with homeless camps near the intersection of Platte Avenue and Wooten Road in east Colorado Springs, around 10 miles from the main search area. No specific reason was given for that search.
Prayer vigil held for missing 11-year-old in El Paso County - KRDO
Eta video:

Last edited:
Have dogs been brought in to try to track GS? Seems that if he did run away, that might be the first course of action.

I’m curious if FBI will be brought in, possibly the CARD team. 48 hours in this weather is too long if he did indeed run away - which I’m not convinced of, yet.

If he is out in the elements, they should be looking for signs of terminal burrowing in the searches. It’s really cold, especially for a little boy with no winter clothes on.

I hope that we get to learn more about the family dynamics.

Gannon was last seen by his stepmother between 3:15 and 4 p.m. Monday at his home in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood of southeast Colorado Springs before reportedly walking to a friend's house across the street, according to El Paso County sheriff's Sgt. Deborah Mynatt.
Mynatt downplayed both developments, saying investigators do not suspect foul play and still suspect Gannon is a runaway.
Deputies, too, continued to search for the boy, and his information has been added to the FBI's National Crime Information Center database, Mynatt said.
Sheriff appeals for help finding Colorado Springs boy, 11, missing since Monday

*Is running away from home considered an FBI national crime?

Gannon was last seen by his stepmother between 3:15 and 4 p.m. Monday at his home in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood of southeast Colorado Springs before reportedly walking to a friend's house across the street, according to El Paso County sheriff's Sgt. Deborah Mynatt.
Mynatt downplayed both developments, saying investigators do not suspect foul play and still suspect Gannon is a runaway.
Deputies, too, continued to search for the boy, and his information has been added to the FBI's National Crime Information Center database, Mynatt said.

Hmmm...maybe Gannon did arrange to meet someone (online?). It would all make sense...LE gathering devices, the FBI being involved, etc. You’d think this would be considered an abduction? Unless LE does not want to spook whoever is with Gannon while LE quietly scours the devices for info to track the possible “friend”? Once they figure out who it is, they can release a photo, description of a car, locations, etc.? IDK.....My question is WHY would Gannon run away?? An 11 yr old???
Just MOO & speculation

No, but:

"The National Crime Information Center, or NCIC, has been called the lifeline of law enforcement—an electronic clearinghouse of crime data that can be tapped into by virtually every criminal justice agency nationwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It helps criminal justice professionals apprehend fugitives, locate missing persons, recover stolen property, and identify terrorists. It also assists law enforcement officers in performing their duties more safely and provides information necessary to protect the public. National Crime Information Center (NCIC) — FBI

So it just sounds like they're using every resource available to assist in locating this boy.

The FBI seems to get involved whenever there’s a child this young. I pulled this from their website - I realize this specifically speaks of a possible kidnapping but I believe they’re involved due to his age and the circumstances of his disappearance... Being unknown.

“Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.“
Source- If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation? — FBI

I guess the price if this that really puzzles me is if Gannon was told he could go play till 6, ir street lights come on, why are they calling him a run away? If it's because phone searches, that makes no sense. He asked permission and was granted permission.

I guess the price if this that really puzzles me is if Gannon was told he could go play till 6, ir street lights come on, why are they calling him a run away? If it's because phone searches, that makes no sense. He asked permission and was granted permission.
If one of my kids asked to go to a friend's house, and then didn't come home when they should have, and I found such a search on their phone they left behind, sadly I would indeed think they might have run away.

Not pointed to this particular case. Important article posted today.

How to protect kids from kidnappers, predators, sex traffickers
Avoiding strangers will not help if the abductor is a family member, neighbor, or family acquaintance", according to Kid Smartz.

Here are a few tips:

Don’t say: Never talk to strangers. Say: You should not approach just anyone. If you need help, look for a uniformed police officer a parent with children.

Don’t say: Stay away from people you don’t know. Say: It’s important for you to get my permission before going anywhere with anyone.

Don’t say: You can tell someone is bad just by looking at them. Say: Pay attention to what people do. Tell me right away if anyone asks you to keep a secret, makes you feel uncomfortable, or tries to get you to go with them.

In addition, use role-playing scenarios to help your children practice their abduction prevention skills.
According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children:

Nearly 800,000 children are reported missing each year, that’s more than 2,000 a day.

More than 200,000 children are kidnapped each year by family members.

More than 58,000 are abducted by non-family members.

Many others are runaways or pushed out of the home by parents.
1 in 6 runaways will likely become a victim to human trafficking
In a "KSLA Cafe Conversation", Chris Cantrell, Supervisory Senior Resident Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Shreveport, joined Adria Goins and Domonique Benn to talk about keeping your child safe.

Cantrell brought up some important tips every parent or guardian should know:

*Please see much more at link. These are vital informative recommendations for every parent and grandparent.

From the moment he was missing on Monday -- LE needed to get SAR dogs on his trail.
If Gannon left walking from his house-- the dogs would show where.

I haven't gotten all the way thru this thread yet- but I don't think dogs would be that helpful if the boy frequently was out in the yard playing and walking over to neighbor's houses. His scent would be all over.

I haven't gotten all the way thru this thread yet- but I don't think dogs would be that helpful if the boy frequently was out in the yard playing and walking over to neighbor's houses. His scent would be all over.
Exactly. ^^^

LE keeps saying he ran away.
So why not start from the house with SAR dogs and move outwards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther