NE NE - Larry Hardenbrook, 78, endangered, Beaver City, 14 Jan 2020

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Larry Hardenbrook, 78, was last seen at 9:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of 10th Street in Beaver City. Hardenbrook left on foot with no coat, he does wear a bracelet with his name on it. Hardenbrook suffers from Alzheimer's. He is a white male, approximately 6'1" tall, approximately 190 pounds, with white hair and blue eyes, and wearing a dark colored sweater, jeans, and brown dress shoes.

EMA activated for missing 78-year-old

82857421_2593698410860992_8467765660309520384_n.png

Endangered Missing Advisory | Nebraska State Patrol

NEStatePatrol on Twitter
ENDANGERED MISSING ADVISORY: Please RT
Larry HARDENBROOK, 78, w/m, 6'1", 190 lbs, with white hair, blue eyes, wearing a dark colored sweater, jeans, and brown dress shoes. HARDENBROOK is missing from the 600 block Tenth Street in Beaver City, and last seen at 9:45 pm on Tuesday.
EOUyZc-XUAIoAxa.jpg
EOUyZc9XUAA3svE.jpg
EOUyZiPX0AELhAb.jpg

8:13 AM - 15 Jan 2020

NEStatePatrol on Twitter
HARDENBROOK left on foot with no coat. He does wear a bracelet with his name on it. HARDENBROOK suffers from Alzheimer's. If you have any information, please call 911, or contact the Furnas County Sheriff's Department at 308-268-2245 immediately.
5:15 AM · Jan 15, 2020

How sad and concerning that he left without a coat. It was -4 in eastern NE today. If someone tried to help I am sure they would have contacted authorities already especially seeing the bracelet. However, it’s possible he may have been/is resistive to help depending on the progression of his Alzheimer’s. I hope his loved ones hear something soon.

JAN 17, 2020
Search for Furnas County man with Alzheimer's continues

fa262cf2-9aa6-4c69-a0f8-25e48d487faf-large16x9_ManmissinginBeaverCity.PNG

[...]

On Friday, January 17, the cold and ice caused authorities to suspend their large scale search. Still, some agencies continue to coordinate, not giving up.

Furnas County Sheriff Doug Brown said 1,300 man-hours were put in and 500 miles have been covered by foot in Beaver City and surrounding areas.

"Tuesday night, he was going to go home because this isn't his home and he walked out the front door. I put my boots on, my coat on, picked up my keys, backed out of the driveway and by that time he was gone. Couldn't have been more than three minutes," said Larry Hardenbrook's wife KH.

[...]

"I'm so blessed to have such a support group around me and all the towns around us," said KH.

JAN 17, 2020
Beaver City man still not located, search area expanded
[...]

After more than two days with no sign of him, the sheriff's office has expanded the search to include all areas located within a 15 mile radius of Beaver City.

They are asking that all property owners and tenants will search all area, including those that have been previously searched. Adding that it possible that Hardenbrook, due to his mental condition and medical status, may be actively avoiding contact.

[...]

It is a very rural area so there are a lot of places to be searched, including abandoned buildings, overgrown shrubbery. And for people who live in town, be sure to check your garages, cars or any outside buildings.

They said they've had people out on horseback, ATVs and troopers with Nebraska State Patrol. They brought out K9s and their helicopter and still nothing.

[...]

JAN 21, 2020
Search for missing Beaver City man scaled back, but still active
The Furnas County Sheriff’s Office and Beaver City Fire and Rescue have scaled-back large-scale search efforts for Larry Hardenbrook. Sheriff Doug Brown gives an update…

Per audio file in the article:
  • All large-group/large-area searches have been suspended.
  • Small groups of two to three people will continue to check outlying buildings within miles of Beaver City.
  • Sheriff wants to be able to say that they have checked all barns, bins, hay piles - anything of that nature where somebody could have hid themself.

The alert has been cancelled due to missing longer than 72 hours, automatic cancellation.

Authorities say Hardenbrook was last seen on January 14th leaving his home at around 9:45 at night.

Authorities say Hardenbrook also suffers from Alzheimers.

This advisory was for the following State Patrol Troop Areas: Troop C, Troop D.

You are asked to call 911 or the Furnas County Sherrif's office if you have any information on his whereabouts.

Cancellation of Endangered Missing Advisory issued by Nebraska Law Enforcement

Eta: details of article
*And...I do not understand the “automatic” cancellation if he is still missing.

Beaver City is about 50 miles southwest of Kearney.

Department officials said he didn't have a coat and was traveling on foot. He's described as being 6 feet, 1 inch tall, approximately 190 pounds with white hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a dark-colored sweater, jeans and brown dress shoes. Authorities also said Hardenbrook wears a bracelet with his name on it.

On Jan. 24, NSP again sent the information out to media outlets.

"Mr. Larry Hardenbrook was the subject of an Endangered Missing Advisory last week. He is still missing," they wrote.
Endangered Missing Advisory cancelled for missing Central Nebraska man with Alzheimer's

The alert has been cancelled due to missing longer than 72 hours, automatic cancellation.

Authorities say Hardenbrook was last seen on January 14th leaving his home at around 9:45 at night.

Authorities say Hardenbrook also suffers from Alzheimers.

This advisory was for the following State Patrol Troop Areas: Troop C, Troop D.

You are asked to call 911 or the Furnas County Sherrif's office if you have any information on his whereabouts.

Cancellation of Endangered Missing Advisory issued by Nebraska Law Enforcement

Eta: details of article
*And...I do not understand the “automatic” cancellation if he is still missing.

Snipped
And...I do not understand the “automatic” cancellation if he is still missing

:eek:Right! That's what I thought too. Wouldn't he be more endangered over time? :confused:

Search suspended for missing Beaver City man with Alzheimer's

Jan 21, 2020 Updated Feb 3, 2020

The large-scale search for a Beaver City man missing since Jan. 14 has been suspended, the Furnas County Sheriff's Office said.

Snip

Members of the public who own property in Beaver City or within a 15-mile radius are asked to search any property that has not previously been searched.

Any person with information should contact the Furnas County Sheriff's Office at 308-268-2245.
#

Search for missing Furnas County man suspended

Jan 20, 2020

The Furnas County Sheriff’s Office and Beaver City Fire and Rescue have suspended large-scale search efforts for Larry Hardenbrook. Future search efforts will be organized and search parties will be re-equipped and rested, according to a press release from the Sheriff’s Office.

Snip

More than 1,300 man hours were contributed to the search by Furnas County law enforcement, fire departments and EMS crews from Cambridge, Arapahoe, Holbrook, Wilsonville, Oxford, Edison, Beaver City and Red Willow Western, according to the press release issued Saturday. Ground search teams covered more than 500 miles on foot in extreme weather conditions. Volunteer mounted horse patrols searched remote areas and river bottom.
#

NSP looking for elderly man missing from south-central Nebraska
By 6 News |
Posted: Fri 11:04 AM, Jan 24, 2020 |
Updated: Fri 11:12 AM, Jan 24, 2020
MISSING-HARDENBROOK-FURNAS-COUNTY-20200124.jpg

Hardenbrook is described as 6-foot-1 weighing about 190 pounds, according to the NSP release. He has white hair, blue eyes, and a beard.

Hardenbrook was last seen Jan. 14 wearing a gray sweater with black stripes, jeans, and brown dress shoes, the release states.

Any news on this. Cant fi d anything even on granddaughters fb page

Larry is still missing. No recent update on the Nebraska State Patrol page, or on the Furnas County Sheriff's Office page. There were 4 posts about Larry being missing on the FCSO page--I'm including all of them, as you never know which one the FCSO will update:

Nebraska State Patrol (permalink)

Furnas County Sheriff's Office Jan 15th (permalink)

Furnas County Sheriff's Office also Jan 15th (permalink)

Furnas County Sheriff's Office Jan 16th (permalink)

Furnas County Sheriff's Office also Jan 16th (permalink)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back