Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to take a minute to welcome all the new members. Please stick around with us. It's really, really tough sometimes to watch the missing kids cases. I had pretty much all my posts deleted yesterday because I couldn't keep my suspicious thoughts to myself, but that is the GREAT thing about Websleuths. Thank you to the mods who keep this a victim-friendly and mostly drama-free forum even when our emotions are running high. (And I apologize for not keeping my hands off the keyboard.)

Ugh! Started reading this case and as I got closer and closer to this page, my stomach started getting into a really tight knot in the pit of my stomach. A knot of fear. Fear that someone did something awful to GS. I am also of the opinion this will not end well at all. IMO

Interesting... The article was posted about 50 minutes ago and the tweets announcing the presser were posted about 26 minutes ago. I wonder what changed?? Sounds bad IMO.

KRDO NewsChannel 13
@KRDONC13

27m
The sheriff's office is planning on giving an update at 5:15 p.m. We'll stream the news in this article and on Facebook.

So one of the local news stations announced around 3 pm that they would have an update during their 4 o’clock news. A few minutes later the sheriff announced they’d be holding a presser at 5:15. I’m guessing the station had planned the update, which ended up being rather uneventful, prior to the sheriff releasing info about the presser.

Is there a landfill in that area?
Yes.
Shared route
From Lorson Ranch Community to Fountain Landfill via S Marksheffel Rd and Squirrel Creek Rd.
15 min (8.2 mi)
15 min in current traffic
1. Head north on Lamine Dr toward Matta Dr
2. Turn left onto Fontaine Blvd
3. Turn left onto S Marksheffel Rd
4. Turn left onto Link Rd
5. Turn left onto Squirrel Creek Rd
6. Turn right
7. Arrive at location: Fountain Landfill
For the best route in current traffic visit Google Maps

Current Status: Trying to tell myself that what I think happened here, didn't happen here.

There's a knot in my gut, and a knot in my throat.

GS is such a winsome, likable little kid in those gaming videos.

I hate this case.

Absolutely Hate It.

Last edited:
I want to say thank you @Pianoturtle & @PawneeDew I’m out east & really appreciate your local insight to the surroundings, weather, etc. I find it difficult to sit here & not be close enough to help, to not know the area or weather patterns, etc. In every case I have followed here, I find the information given by locals to be invaluable. MOO

From presser:

In the early morning hours today, the case was upgraded from runaway to “endangered missing child.”

FBI CARD team has been requested.

What spurred this change? Cold weather, the passage of time, his age, and specific medication that he needs.

Reporter says he’s heard that stepmother hasn’t been cooperative and asks if it’s true.

Very tellingly IMO, that question was given the run around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark