Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s 40 miles from me according to maps. I’m only 2 miles from GS’s neighborhood. Garden of the Gods is half that distance. There are a lot of good hiking spots on the west side of town.
. Yeah but he didn’t live close to GoG, or the west side of town. I wasn’t exactly sure where he lived. Or how far it Paint Mines was from him. Was simply a question. That place is more isolated so I thought *maybe* the young child went over there. Jeez.

Ugh that press conference. The whole time I was watching all I thought was "I can't even imagine their pain". It literally hurt me to see the parents expressions. I agree that they looked like they knew the chance of finding him alive was slim. I just wish someone could bring him back and spare this family anymore heartache!

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO
But investigators said they had checked home security cameras in the neighborhood and had not identified images of Gannon on any of them.

Also on Thursday, several people searched through and around a vacant house on Fountain Mesa Road, in case Gannon was hiding there. No one was found.

BOY3-scaled.jpg

Xavier Hannah and his wife, Jessalynn Nostrum, were among the searchers.

BOY5-scaled.jpg

"You can never really take anything for granted," Hannah said. "There are a hundred places he could be hiding. He could be anywhere, really--nationally, even. It's kind of sad. I just wanted to help out as much as I possibly could. There are child molesters around, too. Someone could have taken him.

IMO. He left in a car.

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO
But investigators said they had checked home security cameras in the neighborhood and had not identified images of Gannon on any of them.

I'm pretty new to the home security arena, having just received my first Ring cam for Christmas, so I'm only a month into the experience. That said, I find it really odd that it's been reported he walked from the house, and yet there is no image of him on any of the cameras in the neighborhood? My doorbell cam picks up my cats wondering around in the front yard off and on all night long - as the motion detection is VERY sensitive (and I prefer it that way, but you can modify the settings and make it less sensitive). If none of the neighborhood cams picked up his image, then he didn't walk away - he had to have been in a vehicle.

moo

:( Just signed up for this so apologize if I I’m doing this wrong. This case concerns me as I’m local to the area and live roughly 1 mile away. I personally sell building materials to this area and my companies trucks are there daily. This is a very large area with a ton of new homes being built!! I can’t overstate this enough... If GS is actually a runaway there would be plenty of places to seek refuge with the number of new homes in the area that are vacant. As of late this particular subdivision called Lorson Ranch has been plagued with car thefts, burglaries, assaults, etc. It’s considered Colorado Springs but truly is closest to Fountain. With that being said nothing is really close to this place especially via walking distance for a child. As another poster stated you go where the evidence points and the evidence points back to a child whom is sick, stayed home from school, and yet was allowed to walk to a friends in inclement weather... I can’t help but scratch my head at this! Yes, everyone parents differently however based on the last job history available for SM someone whom works in a school district or at least did should understand the importance of
not spreading germs especially since currently everyone I know has been sick over the last few weeks( hit both my office locally and in Denver) I’m leaning towards something happened on this “hike” with the SM. It doesn’t look good...
Agreed.
Good post, and welcome to Websleuths, @KCJRCSC !

We have security cameras on our attached garage. You can see the driver & passenger clearly when leaving/entering garage. You can not clearly see into the back seats. Our back seat windows are tinted also further obstructing the view. If our garage is closed, no one sees the back seat passengers enter/exit vehicle. So IMO it may very well be that Gannon is not seen from cameras due to the reasons above. Does anyone know if the vehicle SM was driving on Sunday had tinted windows? MOO

Who here lives in the area where Gannon lives? Is it a new neighborhood? On the first page in this thread it says he lives on Mandan Rd. near Marksheffle and Fontaine Blvd. When I pull up google maps, it shows no homes on Mandan, but it looks like it has been cleared and new streets are in. I don’t know when the google map photo was taken.
Playing Devil’s Advocate: LE says Gannon was not picked up on neighborhood video cams that day. If he did go out when stepmom says he did, and if he was running away, could he have gone out the back of his home to an open area where he would not have been picked up on camera?
Trying to narrow down possibilities.....

Who here lives in the area where Gannon lives? Is it a new neighborhood? On the first page in this thread it says he lives on Mandan Rd. near Marksheffle and Fontaine Blvd. When I pull up google maps, it shows no homes on Mandan, but it looks like it has been cleared and new streets are in. I don’t know when the google map photo was taken.
Playing Devil’s Advocate: LE says Gannon was not picked up on neighborhood video cams that day. If he did go out when stepmom says he did, and if he was running away, could he have gone out the back of his home to an open area where he would not have been picked up on camera?
@PawneeDew @Pianoturtle @PrayingForMissing Can you guys help with this? Please & thank you:)

As a follow up to my last post:
LE says they did not catch Gannon on neighborhood video on the day he was reported missing. LE did not say if they caught the stepmom’s vehicle or any unidentified vehicles entering or leaving the neighborhood that day.

The impression I received was that cctv had not been useful in locating him.
Since his disappearance.
I'm not sure it referred to the alleged day he went missing or whether that is the same day he was reported missing or a day earlier or later.
Some people had doorcams but I think a cctv search would have involved cameras from a much wider area and include all public cctv systems.

I’ve only driven through the neighborhood a couple times. Yes, it’s new construction. I’m not exactly sure how long they’ve been building down there. Maybe 2-3 years? (It’s down a hill from my house. That’s why I say down there.) There’s a K-8 school in the neighborhood that just opened in August. There’s is a definitely a lot of open space, but I’m not familiar with his street to be able to tell you if it backs up to it.

ETA: so I just looked at the satellite image of the street. That looks like it’s some of the newest building going on in the neighborhood. I noticed that Mandan backs up to Marksheffel which is a well traveled road. So it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he could’ve gone out the back and down the road if they live on that side of Mandan.

Last edited:
After getting way too investing in the Harley Dilly cause, I don't know if my heart can handle another child taken way too soon. I really hope he is found alive, but its been 4 days, we all know how slim the chances are :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheSolver