Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she's entitled to an attorney until she's charged with a crime. She can HIRE her own attorney at any time. Time to put her money where her mouth is then.

She never stated she wanted anyone to pay for an attorney. She wanted to stop the interview and call one, which is her right. You don't have to be charged with a crime to have legal assistance -- to tell her that taped interview was a bad idea, for instance.

No doctor's appointment has ever been stated. It came up way back in speculation and has taken on a life of its own.[/QUOT
No doctor's appointment has ever been stated. It came up way back in speculation and has taken on a life of its own.
The doc's appointment came from a friend's messaging back and forth with stepmom, but it was SM, so I think it can't be shared here.

To be fair, she has been called a murderer and a lot of vile things have been said, incliding death threats (which I believe).

I'm not going to fault any person for asking for a attorney. That does not signify guilt, and she has a absolute right to request one.

Im also going to withhold judgment, because I'm not there, I don't know any of these people, and I'm not a cop. My interest is in finding GS; LE will determine who is to blame, if anyone.

I agree with you on the attorney, She most certainly should have one and let that person speak on her behalf. I agree on the probable death threats, we've seen this before. I am doing my best to withhold judgement and I'm not willing to come out and place blame yet but I am weighing all possibilities and I would be amiss to exclude SM as one of them. It's what we do here. IMO

Last edited:
El Paso County Sheriff is now opening up applications for citizens who want to join the search team. I am sending mine in right now. Hope to see some of you other locals out there. No matter what, BM asked us to have hope with her and I will.

At 02:39, SM says: "I've taken care of Gannon for the last two years, in our home, because his mother didn't want to do it."

VIDEO: Stepmom of missing Colorado boy speaks out

I don't believe that for one minute, SM. There's more to the "story" than what she is saying.
The cruelty of that comment was so off the Richter scale sadistic that I got a cold shiver. She would have seen the presser yesterday. She could not help but notice how destroyed his mother was and she used that vulnerability to take a pot shot at her.

Only my opinion...From the beginning, she had an opportunity to speak out to media for her stepchild, Gannon. At a time when Gannon could possibly have been still so close in the area. Perhaps able to prevent or retrieve Gannon from an unfortunate accident, misadventure or medical risk. At best, minimal consequences for Gannon.

Four days later. She speaks out for herself.

I don't think Bio Dad was wearing his in yesterday's PC either. I wonder if they normally wear rings. My husband and I don't so I never think that's odd but I know most people do.

I saw that dad does wear a wedding band in some 2018 photos that I saw of him. IIRC, they’ve been married since 2015.

JMHO

If he was supposedly sick enough to be home from school and needing a doctor's appointment, how does that fit with him being allowed to go and play at a friend's house? Wouldn't the friend have been at school? Wouldn't GS have been too sick to go play with a friend if he was home from school?

The stepmom's story just doesn't add up.

GS not being at school that day makes me very worried. All too often excuses are made in order to hide the true timeline, especially in abuse deaths involving children.

When was the last time a non family member saw this poor child alive?

The cruelty of that comment was so off the Richter scale sadistic that I got a cold shiver. She would have seen the presser yesterday. She could not help but notice how destroyed his mother was and she used that vulnerability to take a pot shot at her.

To me this is reminiscent of the biblical story of the two women who came to Solomon both claiming the same baby. He wisely tested them to see who truly loved the child by offering to cut it in half so they could each have some. The one agreed to that ; the other declined, saying she would rather give the child up to other woman than to see it cut in half. See the likeness?
MOO

Just to be on the safe side, I hope that searchers think outside the box, like in a chimney/ crawl space, winterized swimming pool,vacant buildings and sheds, vehicles that appear abandoned or parked in the same place for a long time, attractive nuisances, commercial buildings, utility trailers, old barns, tree forts, the base of tall climbable structures, etc. IMO.

Just on the off chance that what seems to be the case, actually isn't. Jmo

This case is a weird one for sure. I haven’t read through all the posts, but I watched that interview & am withholding judgement. IMO, I’m wondering if she argued with the boy and he stomped out the door, or she made some sort of poor judgement decision that could have contributed to a negative outcome (“fine, just leave!) It would explain the father being mad.

My gut is that she did not hurt him, but she’s holding details back because she doesn’t want to look worse. I’m afraid this is going to be an abduction off the side of the road or an injury he befell after leaving the house. All my opinion.

bbm
Agreed; but she was saying she has been denied an attorney.

That's not how it works.
You are entitled to a public defender if you cannot afford one; but that's if you've been charged or feel that you may be in the foreseeable future.
Afaik, step mom hasn't been charged.
So why is she saying she's been denied counsel ?

You do NOT have to be charged before you can hire an attorney to advise you. Public defender later if unable to afford to hire one if you've been charged (and she has not been, nor named as a POI).

It is a common occurence to have an attorney's help when overwhelmed by a situation of any type, which this woman obviously is.

Her rights do not disappear because people want to drag her. I'd say that it's in just such situations that one's rights need to be protected most, or we would become an actual mob instead of just an online one.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members