Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the opening post here still say he ran away? That bothers me! He did not run away!

I do think it’s an important part of this one though, because SM showed police something that led them to believe he ran away.

The truck might be an indicator of the terrain she was headed to.

Just an FYI- there may be some undercarriage, strut, differential, transfer case, oil pan, etc damage if she took it too far "off road". 4x4 big 4 door trucks are meant for towing, not for off road, no matter what a commercial shows- no matter if you add a leveling kit or lift and mud tires. You can't take it or drive it like an ATV (4 wheeler).Well you can, but it will tear up.

There are trucks with "off road" packages on them ( this truck is not one of them). Off road in the sense of being on dirt roads and mud- not climbing rocks type thing.

This truck will have dirt and mud way up and in things underneath if she took it off road- as it does not have the shield and other things to protect it.

Edited to add-there is a GPS fuse in the fuse box

Last edited:
What we don’t know either way is that the FBI etc. missed the footage until it was pointed out to them. We don’t know that. The neighbor appears to believe so. But he isn’t aware of what the investigators were doing.

Maybe they missed it. But maybe they also saw it and began to develop a new strategy. Maybe the withholding of the video while mentioning it and the subsequent “unauthorized” release was strategic and meant to exert pressure on someone.

When we’re talking about timing this is a short span of time since Gannon went missing. It would be more telling if it had been months, the neighbor spoke up and then immediately there was a CSI search.

I for one don’t think the FBI and local LE are keystone cops that were neglectful one their duties. Local LE pretty quickly got experts out to help, like the FBI and NCMEC.

If the video is accurate, SM lied plain and simple. I can only think of one reason to be untruthful to LE. We've been down this road countless times. We know the signs. The only hope I have is that shes a spiteful biotch, and has Gannon hidden out somewhere. That doesn't seem likely, but it's all I can think of. She took him somewhere ...
I agree!

Oh! Can you cite to where LE stated that what was seen on the neighbor’s video led to renewed crime scene work at the house? I didn’t see that.

What we don’t know either way is that the FBI etc. missed the footage until it was pointed out to them. We don’t know that. The neighbor appears to believe so. But he isn’t aware of what the investigators were doing.

Maybe they missed it. But maybe they also saw it and began to develop a new strategy. Maybe the withholding of the video while mentioning it and the subsequent “unauthorized” release was strategic and meant to exert pressure on someone.

When we’re talking about timing this is a short span of time since Gannon went missing. It would be more telling if it had been months, the neighbor spoke up and then immediately there was a CSI search.

I for one don’t think the FBI and local LE are keystone cops that were neglectful one their duties. Local LE pretty quickly got experts out to help, like the FBI and NCMEC.
I was looking through the media thread - hunting for that info
ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy missing 1 week
updated today and includes a timeline
Monday, Jan. 27
- Last seen in the afternoon when he went to play at a friend's house down the street.
- 6:55 p.m., El Paso County Sheriff's Office dispatch receives call of runaway child, 6600 Block Mandan Drive.
- 7:32 p.m., Gannon Stauch entered into state and national databases as active runaway
- Last seen between 3 and 4 p.m. on the 27th
- Nothing found on initial search

Tuesday, Jan. 28
- 12:29 p.m., case turned over to EPSO investigators
- Detectives conduct interviews, collect surveillance, follow up on additional leads

Wednesday, Jan. 29
- Investigation continues

Thursday, Jan. 30
- Upgrade case from runaway to endangered missing child
- EPSO requests resources from NCMEC and FBI Crimes Abduction Rapid Deployment Team

Search efforts

As of Feb. 2, the sheriff's office says it has received more than 130 tips in the case. The office says it continues to vet and follow up on each lead that comes in.

Effective Sunday afternoon, incident command was moved to the EPSO training facility at 2743 Las Vegas St. The sheriff's office says the decision to move incident command was "based on information gathered from the investigation."

I think people forget about a couple of things when it comes to home security footage. First off, LE cannot make you give them your footage. Second is the time that it takes to review the footage.
Now, most people are honest and want to be helpful. They will turn it in voluntarily or watch it themselves and notify LE if they see anything suspicious. However, what if you’re dealing and people are coming to the house at all hours? What if you’re having an affair with a married man or woman? These are a couple of reasons why you might not be as forthcoming with your video.
As for timing, if you want video from roughly when they got home from their hike on Sunday until he allegedly left on Monday afternoon, you are talking at minimum of about 24 hours of video by the number of cameras in the neighborhood. Doing the math, if you have 20 cameras times 24 hours, you have 240 hours of video to go through. That is 10 days of manpower. It is very tedious work and then you have to decipher what you are seeing and track down a person or vehicle.
Even seeing what we’ve seen on the neighbor’s video, do you know what happened to Gannon?
The number of houses with a potential view toward Gannon’s driveway AND a camera are highly unlikely to be 20. And the number of homeowners to refuse to allow LE access are likely to be close to zero for a child on their block. Many home cameras are motion censored - reducing the number of hours to watch. Anything is possible, yes. But what is probable and likely is what I was discussing. As for knowing what happened to Gannon from the video, I have a much better idea that searching for a boy who left on foot from this location is highly likely to be a waste of time, and I know where to next concentrate my efforts as LE. MOO

Last edited:
Lot of cameras?. Too many? Common man has this kind of money for this?. New neighborhood, nice houses but protected his house like fort knox?. Video missed by L.E?. who finds the new video? What does he do with it? What should he have done with it? How did he find it again? Oh - just exploring various options - She know him? IMO

What? What are you suggesting about this concerned family man next door? It’s very common for people to have those cameras and they’re not that expensive.

All I’ve heard of is one camera facing his driveway where I’m sure his car is. Probably has one at his door as well. That’s reasonable. Probably about $1,200 for that.

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO
But investigators said they had checked home security cameras in the neighborhood and had not identified images of Gannon on any of them
snipped
They did check early on apparently

and a refresh on SM
Tecia Stauch stood with her back to the camera while she was speaking with CBS 11 on Friday afternoon, in connection with her missing stepson, Gannon Stauch. She was insistent that she would never harm the child, who vanished while under her care.
Tecia Stauch explained that on Sunday, she took Gannon and his younger sister hiking at the Garden of the Gods Park. Afterward, they stopped by to eat at Burger King, she said. Gannon reportedly did not attend school the following day.
Reportedly, Tecia did not know which friend’s house the boy went to on Monday, according to Al Stauch, who said his wife told him that Gannon didn’t specify which friend he wanted to visit, NBC 5 reports. The stepmother said she couldn’t comment on the details of the case at this time.
“My husband’s ex-wife is living in our home,” the woman complained. “I took care of Gannon for the last two years in our home because his mother didn’t want to do it…OK, and I would never, ever hurt this child.”
“I was denied, I was told I couldn’t get nothing to drink, I couldn’t go to the bathroom. I mean it was continually that my constitutional rights were violated,” she explained.
Gannon Stauch: Stepmother speaks out, says her rights were violated after little boy, 11, mysteriously disappears while in her care
———neighbor with video——-
"I just hope they find him alive and they return him home safe," said Roderrick Drayton, neighbor.

Drayton, who lives "two houses down," said the minute Stauch went missing -- he began trying to do everything possible to help.

"We don't know exactly what happened, so we are looking through our cameras to see if we can pick up anything," said Drayton.

Drayton said investigators spent several hours at his home, looking through video.

"They came and were looking through the video to see if our camera caught any movement or anything suspicious," said Drayton.

"People in Lorson Ranch, to be mindful of the things on their property, where a child may play or hide," said Jacqueline Kirby with the ECSO.

"Right now, we don't have a date in mind that it will end," said Kirby.
‘300 citizen volunteers’ ready to help search for Colorado boy, missing 6 days

Oh! Can you cite to where LE stated that what was seen on the neighbor’s video led to renewed crime scene work at the house? I didn’t see that.

I agree. I don’t necessarily believe this was wrong-doing of LE. I think that when they initially looked through neighbors video surveillance, which I believe they did, as RD had said they had previously, the LE was looking at this as a runaway situation. They were specifically looking for Gannon at the time period SM had said he went missing. I think things changed when SM’s stories were changing.

Right. I mean something caused them to change him to endangered missing 3-4 days later. Dad kicked her out long before we heard about the video. So he had some inkling already of something, maybe due to LE telling him “We don’t believe she’s truthful.”
Dad remained in the house with his ex wife and their youngest daughter. Maybe that little girl felt safe with them and told them what had gone down that weekend until they got there.

I still find it a bit creepy. It can view other folks coming and goings in their own home, Some creepy neighbour could set it up to stalk someone, see when they are alone.
off topic
When I was visiting my aunt, her neighbour,an old lady who lives alone has several cameras that can see my aunt's coming and going as well. When she came back from vacay she told my 11 year old cousin she saw him sitting on her porch lol. My aunt says she does not mind her having that many so she does not have to get one herself. :)
This is true. I find it creepy myself. On the other hand, a friend of mines car got stolen from her driveway, she didn’t have a ring, but her neighbor did, and because of that they caught the bastards! Guess there are pros and cons to everything.

I’ve seen her shirt mentioned before, can anybody share a pic of what they’re talking about? I missed it
I have a few just like this...the thumb holes are bigger than the fitness ones. I believe they are wider for comfort. Fitness ones are smaller for a tighter fit for movement. JMOO

Attachments

• SMthumbhole.png
    SMthumbhole.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 43
Might not be criminal? But I guess they are just covering all bases.

They're just being circumspect in their public statements. It's smart on their part.

The last thing they want to do is give the appearance of having made a "rush to judgment" in this case. (Man, I hate that stupid phrase).

No need to hand the defense attorneys their argument on a silver platter.

JMO.

Lot of cameras?. Too many? Common man has this kind of money for this?. New neighborhood, nice houses but protected his house like fort knox?. Video missed by L.E?. who finds the new video? What does he do with it? What should he have done with it? How did he find it again? Oh - just exploring various options - She know him? IMO
This is SUPER common in my neighborhood. Everybody has something. When one thing happens on NextDoor everybody gives feedback whether their cameras caught it. We have a Ring but I’d love an over garage camera like this one

Why does the opening post here still say he ran away? That bothers me! He did not run away!

I think it's important to recall how this case unfolded. For at least 24-48 hours, the entire area was looking for a boy who went missing. Police, neighbors, community - all of them thought it was a runaway boy case. The anguished appeals from the boy's mother do not make sense, as she speaks directly to him, unless we all realize that this started as a runaway case, in the dead of winter.

The video changed all that. But it doesn't change the fact that the dad came home from duty thinking he would help find a runaway and do all the things a parent might do to find a runaway. Dad would not have been paying the same kind of attention to certain details and as the days went by, evidence was surely obscured or lost.

I think it's important for sleuthers to factor in how this unfolded. Since we now know that Gannon stayed home from school, that video footage shows him getting into a truck driven by SM at around 10:13 am, and that video shows SM returning without him, and he did not show up on video walking to the friend's house nor did he arrive at the friend's house, we have an apparent cover-up. Why would SM jump to the conclusion he ran away, in the first place? Why would she tell her husband that he ran away? Kids get abducted. Kids go other places than the place they tell their parents. Unless Gannon said "I'm running away" in some manner, why did SM assume this? Well now that we know she took him somewhere...we have some guesses as to why she might need to explain herself.

LE are hoping that SM realizes that if she tells what happened, truthfully, things are going to go better for her. She apparently realizes that she needs to stay quiet and let her lawyer do the negotiating and talking for her. None of this bodes well for Gannon. I can't even imagine what his parents are going through, this is a nightmare. I don't want to lose sight of the twists and turns (and apparent deviousness) of certain parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member