Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

Suicides are often done in unusual ways. There was a woman who shot herself after locking herself in the trunk before. Suicide by fire in a car is not something that doesnt happen either.

I see the words "most likely" being thrown out when referring to hollywood style car jackings. IMHO if that was the case, there would be evidence of such. And the fact the if someone was mad max and running women off the highway, car jacking them and lighting them on fire without even robbing them, that would be a public saftey issue that LE would need to let the public know.
It is not logical to take unique incidental examples of unusual suicides as a standard and Anna Oung was known to be in a psychotic state. Do you think all those gangsters in the 40s shot themselves twice in the back of the head too? Obviously no one ran Kathleen off the road or there would have been damage to her car. As I said I think that she was kidnapped in the city for some purpose and that happened to be the place where it went bad. Milwaukee has a known problem with kidnappings. They also have a known problem with slow investigation.

It is not logical to take unique incidental examples of unusual suicides as a standard and Anna Oung was known to be in a psychotic state. Do you think all those gangsters in the 40s shot themselves twice in the back of the head too? Obviously no one ran Kathleen off the road or there would have been damage to her car. As I said I think that she was kidnapped in the city for some purpose and that happened to be the place where it went bad. Milwaukee has a known problem with kidnappings. They also have a known problem with slow investigation.

This didnt happen in Milwaukee. So saying that city has a "kidnapping problem" (without providing any link or statistics) is irrelevant.

You might want to read the thread again. It seems like you missed all the discussion and articles where LE outright says they have no evidence that this was done by anyone other than Kathleen.

And im not only mentioning Anna Oung, you can easily google "suicide car fire" and click news and see incident after incident where people have killed themselves in cars by fire.

I fully disagree that a conspiracy theory where certain kinds of people are villainized (throughout this thread) without any proof whatsoever is vaild. I know this is sad and ppl want someone to blame, but the facts here point to suicide. Whenever something like this happens 46.4% of ppl are quick to blame certain other ppl with no proof whatsoever, only based on lies fed to them. IMO its very disrespectful to use Kathleen as a prop to push an agenda. The facts dont match the conspiracy theory.

No mad max gangs kidnapping and driving miles into another state, no running her off the road, no jumping from their car through her window and pushing her into the passenger seat.

But if you are an insider and have evidence of the contrary, please contact LE right away!!!

This didnt happen in Milwaukee. So saying that city has a "kidnapping problem" (without providing any link or statistics) is irrelevant.

You might want to read the thread again. It seems like you missed all the discussion and articles where LE outright says they have no evidence that this was done by anyone other than Kathleen.

And im not only mentioning Anna Oung, you can easily google "suicide car fire" and click news and see incident after incident where people have killed themselves in cars by fire.

I fully disagree that a conspiracy theory where certain kinds of people are villainized (throughout this thread) without any proof whatsoever is vaild. I know this is sad and ppl want someone to blame, but the facts here point to suicide. Whenever something like this happens 46.4% of ppl are quick to blame certain other ppl with no proof whatsoever, only based on lies fed to them. IMO its very disrespectful to use Kathleen as a prop to push an agenda. The facts dont match the conspiracy theory.

No mad max gangs kidnapping and driving miles into another state, no running her off the road, no jumping from their car through her window and pushing her into the passenger seat.

But if you are an insider and have evidence of the contrary, please contact LE right away!!!

Why are you saying 46.4% of certain people vs just people? If it is certain ppl, who are they? TIA

And no use of her credit cards or ATM transactions. It looks like an accident (cigarette dropped) or a suicide. If its not a crime then its none of our business and that may be why its so quiet.

What would make you say cigarette drop?

I think LE is keeping things close to the chest and informing just family of what they do have in hopes something comes up. I think this case went "cold/colder" after the first 48 hours and now they are trying to salvage anything they can. I see a lot of errors in this case from words spoke/released by LE and there are a lot of vague/grey areas I am concerned with. I hope the family is getting more details then we are.

I think LE is keeping things close to the chest and informing just family of what they do have in hopes something comes up. I think this case went "cold/colder" after the first 48 hours and now they are trying to salvage anything they can. I see a lot of errors in this case from words spoke/released by LE and there are a lot of vague/grey areas I am concerned with. I hope the family is getting more details then we are.

Except they said this:

"There is nothing that has brought us to any conclusion that somebody did this to Kathleen," said Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sgt. Christopher Covelli.

Sons ask for answers in Milwaukee mother's mysterious death

Sorry, there is no grey area in the statement above

The other alternative to suicide or random carjacking, is that someone close to Kathleen, someone she trusted to ride in the car with, etc., is responsible.

Except LE has explicitly said "There is nothing that has brought us to any conclusion that somebody did this to Kathleen," said Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sgt. Christopher Covelli.

My father doesn't want anyone to know he smokes so he keeps his cigarettes in the glove box of his car. When he is out of the house he sits in the passenger's seat and has a smoke. Because there are no ash-trays in cars anymore he sits with the door open so he can flick the ashes outside.

If he had a medical event while doing that and dropped his cigarette... the car would burn a few hours later. It would look just like this case.

My father doesn't want anyone to know he smokes so he keeps his cigarettes in the glove box of his car. When he is out of the house he sits in the passenger's seat and has a smoke. Because there are no ash-trays in cars anymore he sits with the door open so he can flick the ashes outside.

If he had a medical event while doing that and dropped his cigarette... the car would burn a few hours later. It would look just like this case.
This thought has come up by several folks. And I do not disagree that is it a possibility. However, I am curious as to why Kathleen would pull into someone's driveway. Even if she did not want people to know she smoked, she was not in an area where anyone knew her, she could have easily pulled into a gas station, shopping center, while driving, or just pulled on the shoulder of the road. She would not have to hide in someone's driveway. This case is very perplexing. Now if she was having a medical event while smoking and was trying to get off the roadway, but why was she in the passenger seat?

Why are you saying 46.4% of certain people vs just people? If it is certain ppl, who are they? TIA
I'd like to believe that as much as 46.4% of rational people can quickly recognize irrational people and be cautious of them but it sure doesn't seem like it.

When people start aggressively putting words into other people's mouths and then using those words as justification to act aggressively towards them, that's an indicator of a dangerous person and is an example of the kind of thinking that leads to what seems like "random acts of violence" to rational people. Someone who is irrationally aggressive in this way will often believe they are being unfairly discriminated against.

I'd like to believe that as much as 46.4% of rational people can quickly recognize irrational people and be cautious of them but it sure doesn't seem like it.

When people start aggressively putting words into other people's mouths and then using those words as justification to act aggressively towards them, that's an indicator of a dangerous person and is an example of the kind of thinking that leads to what seems like "random acts of violence" to rational people. Someone who is irrationally aggressive in this way will often believe they are being unfairly discriminated against.

I'm trying to follow your train of thought here, but having trouble. Are you implying that perhaps KR encountered an "irrational" person, made a seemingly benign comment to this person--a comment that they somehow interpreted as unfairly discriminatory--and was then (maybe) carjacked and (definitely) murdered by said irrational person (who was evidently "rational" enough to not leave even one tiny speck of evidence suggesting their presence at the crime scene)? If you think this was truly a random crime/crime of opportunity by an "irrational" person against a random individual like KR, then why would law enforcement not caution area residents/motorists to avoid engaging with possibly "irrational" strangers, lest they meet a similar end?

I'm trying to follow your train of thought here, but having trouble. Are you implying that perhaps KR encountered an "irrational" person, made a seemingly benign comment to this person--a comment that they somehow interpreted as unfairly discriminatory--and was then (maybe) carjacked and (definitely) murdered by said irrational person (who was evidently "rational" enough to not leave even one tiny speck of evidence suggesting their presence at the crime scene)? If you think this was truly a random crime/crime of opportunity by an "irrational" person against a random individual like KR, then why would law enforcement not caution area residents/motorists to avoid engaging with possibly "irrational" strangers, lest they meet a similar end?
you made way more sense of it than I could have.

I'm talking about irrational, aggressive people in general. They're everywhere. <modsnip> They are usually the perpetrators of what we see as "random acts of violence" of which I tend toward believing Kathleen was a victim

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't get where anyone got that KR smoked? Odd to randomly bring that up and a car doesn't burn in the middle of winter from a cigarette being dropped. I just don't believe that, but @rodneymullenmg, I am trying to wrap my head around other theories.

I truly believe if your committing suicide you don't drive and leave to head to an event, then are found in proximity of the event, but on a path you don't usually take. This all seems odd to me. I assume LE is tracking those who they believe are suspects and waiting for more information in order to prove they did this. Again all just my opinion here. Lastly, didn't KR's sister post on this site? Are family members allowed to release information?

I still don't get where anyone got that KR smoked? Odd to randomly bring that up and a car doesn't burn in the middle of winter from a cigarette being dropped. I just don't believe that, but @rodneymullenmg, I am trying to wrap my head around other theories.

I truly believe if your committing suicide you don't drive and leave to head to an event, then are found in proximity of the event, but on a path you don't usually take. This all seems odd to me. I assume LE is tracking those who they believe are suspects and waiting for more information in order to prove they did this. Again all just my opinion here. Lastly, didn't KR's sister post on this site? Are family members allowed to release information?
Family members can post, however unless they become a verified insider they need to follow TOS rules when it comes to posting. They would need to included an approved source, such as an MSM article, news report. If they are approved as a verified insider they do not have to include a source. Hopefully that makes sense.

I am just so perplexed by this case still. I know that we don't know everything about her, and even to family members, sometimes people who die by suicide shock those close to them. I am not saying that couldn't have happened here. But if so, why did she choose this method and this location? Or even just this location if we want to ignore the method?

If she had wanted to commit suicide by burning herself in her car, she could have done that in Milwaukee much closer to home. If the issue was her not wanting to be found, she would have not pulled into that driveway, so I don't think that's a reason to not do this in MKE. Additionally, it was a different route than she took but was in the general direction of where she was supposed to be headed, correct? Again, why pick this exact location when she didn't even have to leave her city to commit this act if that's what this was.

I don't know. I am still not personally convinced it was suicide because of what I listed above. That doesn't mean anything and I could be totally wrong, but this still stinks of foul play to me. I don't know that we will ever know for sure, sadly. My heart breaks for her family.

I am just so perplexed by this case still. I know that we don't know everything about her, and even to family members, sometimes people who die by suicide shock those close to them. I am not saying that couldn't have happened here. But if so, why did she choose this method and this location? Or even just this location if we want to ignore the method?

If she had wanted to commit suicide by burning herself in her car, she could have done that in Milwaukee much closer to home. If the issue was her not wanting to be found, she would have not pulled into that driveway, so I don't think that's a reason to not do this in MKE. Additionally, it was a different route than she took but was in the general direction of where she was supposed to be headed, correct? Again, why pick this exact location when she didn't even have to leave her city to commit this act if that's what this was.

I don't know. I am still not personally convinced it was suicide because of what I listed above. That doesn't mean anything and I could be totally wrong, but this still stinks of foul play to me. I don't know that we will ever know for sure, sadly. My heart breaks for her family.

some people intentionally try to make it not look like a suicide to fool those close to them. Look at Rita Maze. She pretended to be kidnapped but actually jumped in her own trunk then shot herself to death.

Very May as well be the be the case here

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen