Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is plausible. But why wouldn't she just leave him home in bed sick. Say she needed to run errands like Petsmart and then grocery to get him meds, chicken soup, popsicles and sprite or something? Go out and see her boyfriend and return to give DS lunch.
Could it be that he was sick or injured at her hands - and kept home from school to hide his illness/injuries because a teacher would notice? I'm assuming as an employee of the school system (iirc), she would be aware that teachers are required to report suspected abuse. And, her own job in the school system would be in jeopardy, I would assume, if she were accused of abusing a stepchild in her care.

My current theory is that she took him somewhere because her deeds were about to be exposed.

Total speculation, not fact, opinion subject to change at any time.

I hope today is the day Gannon is found. So many dedicated people are looking!

jmo

You’ve never used your foot or leg to push a door open all the way? I have. Especially since it can swing back and hit your leg as you’re getting out, especially if you’re not on completely flat ground. I have a suburban and a sedan and have done it in both vehicles. Anyway, this is a super minute detail that doesn’t mean anything.

Yes - but just wondering what she would have been holding that needed both hands.

It's Friday - usually a good day for an arrest IMO. Since they are searching in water and other areas I wonder if they now have evidence that indicates he is no longer with us?
Either that, or covering all the bases.

As we used to say in the A&L thread, may today be the day!

In this video, there is another person who appears when the truck has backed into the driveway. That person appears to vigorously wipe (the windshield?) as the driver gets out of the truck.
View attachment 230562 View attachment 230563

Speaking of this video, those still shots are good for a theory I had.

Doesn't everyone open the driver's door (from inside vehicle) with their left hand? I think she opened it with her right hand and and then kicked it open. This is why it bounced like that.

Why didn't she use her left hand? Because she was holding a rag (or something) in it up by her shoulder (as seen in still shots). You can see the rag as soon as the door opens. To me, that means she didn't open the door with her left hand.

Why was she holding the rag? My THEORY is that her hand was bleeding and she didn't want her blood evidence getting on the truck.

Just a theory.

IMO.

The only reason I bring this up is because if AS and LE watched the original version of the video, and if it's even close to the quality of a Ring video, there would be zero mistaking who was captured on the video. We have to speculate because of the poor video quality but I am 100% certain neither the neighbor, AS, LH or LE are speculating at all.

jmo
RSBM
This is what I think too. I believe the copy we got was a recording of a recording of a recording. I think the original video was really clear. They showed the camera on the news the first night it was stated they had that footage, and it looked like a really good camera IME. I fell that is why he broke down and cried. He could see exactly what was happening, no speculation needed.

IMO it's either her beanie or a plastic bag (possibly Rx or other item from store).
Also, for those who are saying her adrenaline was rushing and she kicked door open.... idk. The driveway is on an incline, so the door would naturally "fly" open and also why would she take 2-3 times to backup the truck just right if she was in a hurry?
The only thought I have about the 2-3 time back up of the truck could be an attempt to park it just as it had been- to make it appear she had not been driving it. Maybe it was a cover tracks move that overrode a need for haste?

Do we know the day and time of the Google search when Gannon supposedly asked if he could be tracked by his parents if the phone was turned off?
BBM;

No, we don't, but we sure wish we did!

That Google search is likely going to be a key piece of evidence.

If that search was done after TS returned home alone in that truck Monday afternoon, she's toast.

JMO.

Last edited:
Sorry - I'm catching up so I may have missed this. Stepmom mentioned that Gannon didn't say which friends house - if i were a kid (i was at one point at least) I don't think I ever would have worded it "mom/dad, can i go to a friends house?" and then leave. I would ask "Can I go to (so-and-so's) house?". It seems like the dad and Gannon were close so I would think Gannon would have been forthcoming and mentioned the friends name without any hesitation. This makes me think it was stepmom who sent that text to push the -I don't know where he is/he didn't tell me where he was going so maybe he ran away- narrative. If and when this plays out, where it seems to be headed, she might claim it wasn't premeditated. That's blatantly false at this point.

Yes!,she would have been much better off saying that she went to work out in the basement and he was gone when she got back,and she should really have had the forethought to pack a few clothes in a backpack with his switch!,she thinks shes so clever but her story is amateur hour!

Sorry - I'm catching up so I may have missed this. Stepmom mentioned that Gannon didn't say which friends house - if i were a kid (i was at one point at least) I don't think I ever would have worded it "mom/dad, can i go to a friends house?" and then leave. I would ask "Can I go to (so-and-so's) house?". It seems like the dad and Gannon were close so I would think Gannon would have been forthcoming and mentioned the friends name without any hesitation. This makes me think it was stepmom who sent that text to push the -I don't know where he is/he didn't tell me where he was going so maybe he ran away- narrative. If and when this plays out, where it seems to be headed, she might claim it wasn't premeditated. That's blatantly false at this point.
I agree. My kids would never say that. It is always. *advertiser censored* is home, can I go to his/her house.

They must be doing the tedious and methodical work of getting the surveillance footage of every business along multiple routes (she turns left, get footage from these business/homes, she turns right to get footage on this route) to see where she went with him. I think they are putting this very big puzzle together one piece at a time. This work is so time consuming but I think they will get there.

ETA: clarification
It was the Nathan OBrien case here in Canada that I was rather impressed with all the surveillance footage LE were able to obtain. From private homes to businesses, the suspect's truck was captured down this street, around that corner, parked here, driving there, etc. And that's exactly what they did, obtained and painstakingly watched video after video, to put it all together. Just like investigators will do in this case, with any evidence they uncover.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says crews are out near Big Johnson Reservoir next to Powers Boulevard south of the Colorado Springs Airport using new equipment to continue the search.

According to a tweet from the Sheriff's Office, search crews are using a submersible remotely operated vehicle to search bodies of water.

"Our search and rescue team with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, we have Douglas County Sheriff's Office search and rescue, as well as Fremont County Sheriff's Office search and rescue, as well as volunteers from the National Guard out today, we also in addition to that have four of our mounted unit, El Paso County Sheriff's Office mounted unit team out here, and two search and rescue dogs, as well as a Razor... Kind of like a utility vehicle or ATV," said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt from the Sheriff's Office.
Search for Gannon Stauch continues into 10th day
Quoting myself to ask locals if this might fit description of current search area described. Remember the only thing I know of geographical details is I know my right from my left. Hubby says I can’t find my way out of a paper bag.
https://coloradosprings.gov/sites/d...mages/bluestem_final_new_trails-12.2.2019.pdf

What else would they call Gannon? He is endangered and missing.

LE always prefer to find a body before pressing charges. Sometimes no body case charges aren't filed for years if ever.

You are correct. Until the police have evidence to change his status this is how missing victims are listed...especially at his vulnerable young age.

However, waiting years to find the bodies of missing victims before bringing charges is no longer the case in recent years.

More than ever before missing body murder cases are being brought much, much quicker now, and are successfully won at trials by DAs all across our nation.

Imo, LE is gathering all of the needed evidence, and charges will be brought after the investigation is complete, whether they ever find Gannon or not.

While I wish more than anything Gannon will be found safe, and alive the odds are truly against it....especially with the amount of time which has passed. Plus the circumstances surrounding his disappearance. :(

Jmho

BBM
Oh I hadn't thought about that. But along with that line of thinking, she had to have touched the steering wheel to drive, so whatever it was would have transferred at least there. Unless she was wearing gloves and when she pulled in to the driveway and parked she removed them not wanting any neighbors to see she was wearing gloves. But that then leads me to think that it is winter time, a lot of people wear gloves while driving/exiting their vehicle. Unless they were rubber gloves. MOO
I think maybe she drove with one hand. It's just weird how she appears to be holding her hand by her shoulder when the door opens.

Elevate a cut to stop the bleeding......

IMO

It could be (amongst other possibilities) that
1) she backed in because she had to turn around anyway
2) she didn't want anyone to notice how poorly he was walking (if he was, I don't know that I see that) or as you say, hide from cameras, but then why didn't he get in the other side, that would have put him between 2 vehicles, hidden even better.
3) she needed to put something in the back
4) she didn't want to stay parked in the street and have doors open with even the little traffic they had there, (we did see a vehicle go by)
5) As to why she backed in when returning, I always back into my driveway as I can see better when pulling out (kids on scooters, pets) and usually have something to lift like dog food bags into the garage, but then I am used to driving a stick shift (is it verified that it was stick)? and can drive a few yards backwards without seeming to be taking my first practice driving lessons.
She might have backed in so that she can easily get in and out from the driver's side of the car. The driveway looks very narrow and there was another car in the driveway. I don't even see that you can open the passenger's car door at all with the other car there.

I agree. My kids would never say that. It is always. *advertiser censored* is home, can I go to his/her house.

My kid says "can I go to my friend's" but they are the only friends in our neighborhood so I know who she is referring to.

This was my thought too. I'm not very big, a little over 5 foot and truck doors are heavy. I have done exactly what she did a few times, not meaning to kick it open so hard, when my hands were full holding stuff while getting out of the truck. And my door will bounce a couple times and stop. I always cringe thinking I'm muscle woman and going to break the door lol. She either didn't mean to kick it open so hard or she had adrenaline going and was going b*lls to the wall.

Rag used to wipe prints? Just wondering.

Also, I wonder if LE is searching her texts in the months leading up, because human trafficking, while rare in involving someone "selling" or "giving" a child to a perp, is a reality. Usually it's runaways, those abused, substance abuse, etc. but sadly we on WS remember several horrible cases of men abducting boys about this age to be held captive. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420