GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, 24, stabbed 16 times by Ezra McCandless, Eau Claire, Mar 2018

Well, there was the former roommate, but unsure if she considered Ezra a friend. There was also mention of two girls that worked at Racy's that had turned nasty on her shortly before this all went down so she must have had some kind of female relationships, just none of them close. One girl who was friends with her in school prior to her moving to Eau Claire had also commented on social media. I think EM likely gravitated towards men and male relationships and wasn't trusting of women due to being bullied in school by mean girls, being man-upped by dad, and having a stressed relationship with her very young mom IMO.

Sentencing is Feb 7.
Ezra McCandless found guilty of first degree intentional homicide

They (BPD women) don't have female friends

In my opinion, this case is nothing like the Jodi Arias trial. Jodi Arias's victim suffered nearly twice as many stab wounds, a gun shot to the face and a deeply slit throat. Jodi's story was also more Western based, she was very much identified as a female while Ezra often moved between gender expressions and in a rural Wisconsin town. Jodi Arias killed her victim in a bathroom, Ezra killed her victim in and near a car. I also think Jodi Arias is way more narcissistic, sociopathic and diabolical. It also seems the motive in this case had nothing to do with jealousy over a female rival, instead it seems Ezra had moved on while Jodi was very much a scorned woman. Overall, I don't see why the media is constantly comparing them.

I know everyone involved in this, and Alex was my friend. I don't have pictures with him or some definitive proof of that so I won't be able to be a verified insider or anything. I ran in the same circles as these people for 2 years. I haven't read through this thread because I feel like the speculation might make me upset. All I have to say is this:
Alex was an incredibly kind person. He loved reading and learning SO much. He wanted to be a professor. If you walked into a certain coffee shop in EC, chances are he would be there with his cup of coffee and a great big book open, and if you said hi he'd look up and smile big at you. He was a sweetheart. I miss him.

I can't believe we haven't seen any articles or even any posts on Court TV Facebook page about how Ezra's own mother said "I am Ezra's mother, but Ezra has always had a more evil soul than I." It was literally the first thing she said about Ezra.

I can't believe we haven't seen any articles or even any posts on Court TV Facebook page about how Ezra's own mother said "I am Ezra's mother, but Ezra has always had a more evil soul than I." It was literally the first thing she said about Ezra.
I hear "evolved", not "evil":
"Ezra has always had a more evolved soul than I."
2/7/20 WI v. McCandless Sentencing: Ezra's Mother Takes the Stand - Court TV

2/7/20 WI V. MCCANDLESS SENTENCING: EZRA'S MOTHER TAKES THE STAND

I know everyone involved in this, and Alex was my friend. I don't have pictures with him or some definitive proof of that so I won't be able to be a verified insider or anything. I ran in the same circles as these people for 2 years. I haven't read through this thread because I feel like the speculation might make me upset. All I have to say is this:
Alex was an incredibly kind person. He loved reading and learning SO much. He wanted to be a professor. If you walked into a certain coffee shop in EC, chances are he would be there with his cup of coffee and a great big book open, and if you said hi he'd look up and smile big at you. He was a sweetheart. I miss him.

So sorry about your friend:( Most people saw right thru Ezra's BS story about Alex.

So sorry about your friend:( Most people saw right thru Ezra's BS story about Alex.

Thank you. I am grateful for that. Alex honestly wouldn't hurt a fly. He was kind, moral, reflective. Great to debate with.
A side note: John is also a good person.
I have spent a lot of time with him and I know he must hate this entire situation, and he and his son's names being dragged into this mess. I don't understand why he was even talked about during the trial. I was scared to read this thread thinking that someone would try and sleuth him or tear him apart during this, and I am glad nobody did. He is good and deserves good things.
Good God, it is incredibly weird to read about people I know on this site. I hope it never happens again.

They (BPD women) don't have female friends

I don't think any of us are really qualified to diagnose her, having never sat down to interview her at length. The only diagnosis confirmed or discussed in court was PSTD (don't get me wrong, I believe wholeheartedly she is a cluster B, but more likely a good ol-fashioned psychopath but that is based purely on her court performance)
It is a generalisation to say BPD women don't have female friends, as sexual discrimination is not part of the disorder. It's not to say some BPD women don't like or trust other women (especially if they had an abusive female caretaker), but there are certainly some that do.

There is definitely a story there. It could be a mini series.

She didn't do herself any favors but the defense closing sunk it. I think if she hadn't testified and Vishny did the closing she could have gotten 2nd degree.

I found that odd as well, but in this case, because they didn't really have to prove she did it, it seemed the State focused instead on getting record of the facts t support the closing argument which told a far more convincing story. Court TV did have an expert on to go through the scene which was helpful for us at least: 10/21/19 WI v. McCandless: A Look at the Crime Scene - Court TV and 10/22/19 WI v. McCandless: Inside the Evidence Room - Court TV

i wonder about tactical decisions pre-trial and trial. After the experts hired by the defense could not back an insanity defense, were there negotiations? Maybe the DA was unwilling, but if they were willing to put ~ 30 years on the table, did the defense attorneys advise against it, or did EM just reject it? My guess EM would have rejected it.
And how was the decision for EM to testify taken? Again, I am guessing EM made that decision, likely against the advice of her attorneys. She foolishly thought she could manipulate the jury.

as to her recent apology, I translate that as “Alex needed killing. I thought that then, and I think that now. I am sad that he has ruined my life. Poor me.”

The narrative she gave makes no sense. Including him needing help to go to the bathroom after she stabbed him.

Obviously very very late to the party, but seconding how absurdly unbelievable this lie was. On every level: physically, psychologically, forensically, and in terms of the timeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back