Coronavirus - Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC's political correspondent Iain Watson said the new measures were announced because a passenger on the first UK flight from Wuhan, who is currently being held in quarantine on the Wirral, "is threatening to abscond".

What a absolute twat this person is IMO

So we take the risk of bringing him back and he signs something and then he thinks he can threaten to just run.

Yet if he had left him out there he would been the one screaming about his so called “rights”.

MOO
IMO

Crew of Diamond Princess appeals for help

Several members of the Diamond Princess crew have appealed for help from the Indian government, and alleged that they are at risk of infection by not being segregated.

So far at least 135 people (including five crew members) have tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus on board the vessel, amid signs of a full blown outbreak -- one of the largest outside of mainland China.
The cruise ship passengers have been under strict quarantine for over a week now, confined to their cabins as medical personnel conduct tests on the 3,700 people on board.
“We are extremely scared at this point in time,” Binay Kumar Sarkar said in a video obtained by CNN. “Our request is to segregate the crew members from the infected.”

He said neither he nor his colleagues had been checked for the novel coronavirus.

65 new Wuhan coronavirus cases on cruise ship: Live updates

UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock has announced new regulations to keep individuals in isolation if health professionals believe "there is a reasonable risk" they may have the coronavirus in a bid to reduce the risk of "further human-to-human transmission"

It's just a matter of time.
Why would anyone consider going on a cruise right now no matter the destination. Flying doesn't seem too appealing either nor do sporting events, concerts, etc. Wonder of NYC residents are beginning to wear masks.

What's going to happen with the cruise ship off Japan? Every time a case is found it's another 14 days. This is a floating disease trap.

Last edited:
It's just a matter of time.
Why would anyone consider going on a cruise right now no matter the destination. Flying doesn't seem too appealing either nor do sporting events, concerts, etc. Wonder of NYC residents are beginning to wear masks.

I'm flying Wednesday for my FIL's 90th birthday weekend. I have no choice, but I am considering buying a mask to wear on the plane, since whenever I fly I also feel flu-like or have the sniffles afterwards.

In fact, in the next week with the President's Day holiday, a lot of schools are on break and most travel during this time.

Wonder of NYC residents are beginning to wear masks.
I live in Manhattan, and no.

I was in a predominately Asian neighborhood in Queens last week and didn't see an increase in masks. At one point I was on a very crowded bus and saw only one person with a paper mask, and she was wearing it hanging below her chin.

So no panic here - and really, I haven't noticed people talking about the virus either. (Just me talking with you guys!)

You do see masks on Asian people here - that happened even before the virus. Seems more common among tourists, imo. It's a polite thing to do in the culture when YOU have cold, to prevent from spreading it. But I haven't noticed an increase.

jmo

OMG. Twitter has a video of a diabetic on the stranded ship off Japan. He says passengers are not receiving food because there's a concern it could be the source of the virus. What is going to happen to these people on board?

I'm flying Wednesday for my FIL's 90th birthday weekend. I have no choice, but I am considering buying a mask to wear on the plane, since whenever I fly I also feel flu-like or have the sniffles afterwards.

In fact, in the next week with the President's Day holiday, a lot of schools are on break and most travel during this time.
Many people walking through airports are wearing masks

OT: It helps to keep hydrated, but don't wait until you travel. Start drinking plenty of water now. And on the flight, drink bottled water. Keep drinking while traveling to keep hydrated for your flight home too.

Safe travels to you. And happy birthday to your father-in-law.

some video's coming in, clearing out college dorms to make way for coronavirus patients:

WARNING: Entire family dragged into van for quarantine:
first welding doors shut, now blocking doors with HUGE PILE of ROCKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl