Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it say it's from the publishing business? That would include not just his own royalties, but all the revenue from all the other books, videos, speaking engagements, etc. Just looking at their website earlier, before all the stuff started being taken off, it looked like they had a pretty good stable of prolific authors and they could well have been bringing in $30K a month at the peak.

At some point, possibly gross revenue, yes. Not profit and it's extremely doubtful that has been the case since the two chains that specialize in Mormon books dropped his and his author's books.

The full story is at this link: Fremont County Sheriff's office investigating Tammy Daybell's life insurance policy

My apologies if it's already been posted.
In the 2017-2018 school year, under Fringe Benefits, the professional agreement the Sugar-Salem School District allocated for their employees was a minimum of $50,000 life insurance without any employee contribution. Employees could opt for higher amounts that they would contribute to. Source: https://www.sugarsalem.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Professional-Agreement-2017-2018-signed.pdf

Another thought - it would be interesting to know if Tammy increased her insurance and when that was done. Benefits for state employees can usually be changed once yearly, during an open enrollment period.

Last edited:
IMO Self publishing does not bring in anywhere near that amount of money. CD and TD went bankrupt a while back. Just makes no sense...even selling his wares after talks and podcasts.. Even successful writers don't make much money at book signings and whatevers. BUT there is money in this mix of mystery, and it nags at me a lot. Where is it really coming from.

It's not that easy and in reality I'm not sure whether it is fair to call what Chad and Tammy were doing self-publishing. The line is fuzzy here. They were the publishers, albeit small indie publishers as opposed to one of the Big 5. From Chad's books, if he did any kind of volume in ebooks via Amazon then it would have brought in some decent money. Not Stephen King money, but oodles more per book than Stephen King makes. But I really think where they made the most money was books, both paper and ebooks, sold through Deseret Book and Seagull Book, which stopped carrying them at some point in the past. Initially I think they just dropped Julie Rowe's books, but apparently all of Spring Creek Publishing's books were eventually dropped. That's where they might have been doing some volume. If you look at Amazon sales rankings it doesn't look like Spring Creek's books are moving very well there. Some of Julie Rowe's are, but via other publishers.

Edit: All that rambling and I neglected to say that assuming money is made if not self-published (not that you appeared to do that here, but many do) or that it isn't if self-published (which you did do) is inaccurate. Some authors do great and some do awful no matter which route they take although, TBH, I'd bet on motivated self-published author to make more than a equivalently motivated and skilled traditionally published author.

Doesn't it say it's from the publishing business? That would include not just his own royalties, but all the revenue from all the other books, videos, speaking engagements, etc. Just looking at their website earlier, before all the stuff started being taken off, it looked like they had a pretty good stable of prolific authors and they could well have been bringing in $30K a month at the peak.
MOO- I don't believe the publishing business was bringing him in a consistent $30,000.00 per month. Maybe a month here or there. Especially after Deseret Book and Seagull quit carrying his books. I think the salary is a fantasy of his just like his belief that he is a prophet and will save the Saints in the last days. I think the only consistent salary was Tammy's librarian salary. I bet she provided their health benefits and he brought in money here and there. Think about it. Why would they be living in a $100,000.00 starter home built in the 60's if he really made anywhere near the amount he claimed?

I also thank for the reminder of the BB shooting events. I would like to know if others agree that MB really does want those kids...is that not why she was arrested trespassing at the grandparents home?? As someone has written--kids are really a significant part of this "doomsday stuff"--which is why I get 50/50 on whether the kids are alive or dead. Is BB also in hiding?? One has to wonder how he is able to care for his family of four without a job too. I just have not heard anything about him lately. Do we know what kind of car BB owns? (again...I am astounded at how fancy and numerous the vehicles are with this group--which attaches to my belief that there is something about "money" that might connect all these folks).

Good question regarding whether MB really wants the kids, but I'm assuming that is why she was arrested for trespassing. Yes, BB is in hiding and MOO I'm assuming that his family is helping him. BBs car is a Tesla (that is the car that was shot).

MOO- I don't believe the publishing business was bringing him in a consistent $30,000.00 per month. Maybe a month here or there. Especially after Deseret Book and Seagull quit carrying his books. I think the salary is a fantasy of his just like his belief that he is a prophet and will save the Saints in the last days. I think the only consistent salary was Tammy's librarian salary. I bet she provided their health benefits and he brought in money here and there. Think about it. Why would they be living in a $100,000.00 starter home built in the 60's if he really made anywhere near the amount he claimed?

Maybe it was stashed in the bank? Jmo.

February 10,2020
UPDATE

https://mycourts.idaho.gov/odysseyportal/Home/WorkspaceMode?p=0

02/12/2020 Civil Hearing

Case Information

CV33-20-0088 | In the Matter of the Guardianship and Conservatorship of: Joshua Vallow, A Minor Child.

Case Number
CV33-20-0088

Court
Madison County Magistrate Court

Judicial Officer
Eddins, Faren Z.

File Date
01/29/2020

Case Type
G3a- Joint Petition Guard/Conserv (Minor) Same Party

Case Status
Active - Pending

Party
Subject
Vallow, Joshua

Petitioner
Woodcock, Ethel

Active Attorneys

Lead Attorney
May, Kyle Richard
Retained

Petitioner
Woodcock, Larry

Active Attorneys

Lead Attorney
May, Kyle Richard
Retained

Events and Hearings

• 01/29/2020 New Case - Both Guardian/Conserv (Minor - Same Party)

• 01/29/2020 Family Law Case Information Sheet

Comment
    FAMILY CASE LAW INFO SHEET

• 01/29/2020 GC Petition for Appointment of Guardian/Conservator

Comment
    Ex Parte Petition

• 01/29/2020 GC Petition for Appointment of Guardian/Conservator

Comment
    Petition for Appointment

• 01/29/2020 Acceptance of Appointment

Comment
    ACCEPTANCE OF APPOINTMENT

• 01/29/2020 Acceptance of Appointment

Comment
    ACCEPTANCE OF APPOINTMENT

• 01/30/2020 Order of Assignment TCA

• 02/05/2020 Acceptance of Appointment as Guardian Ad Litem

Comment
    Acceptance of Appointment as Guardian ad Litem

• 02/06/2020 Notice of Hearing

Comment
    Notice of Hearing

• 02/06/2020 Notice of Hearing

Comment
    Notice of Hearing

• 02/12/2020 Civil Hearing

Judicial Officer
    Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time
    04:45 PM
  • 03/04/2020 Civil Hearing

Judicial Officer
    Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time
    9:00 AM

Comment
    Guardianship
Does anyone know what all of this means?

29th Jan - petition for appointment of guardian
29th Jan - acceptance of appointment
30th Jan - order of assignment TCA - what is this?
5th Feb - acceptance of appointment as guardian ad litem
6th Feb - notice of hearing

12th Feb civil hearing at 4.45pm
4th Mar - civil hearing at 9am

guardian ad litem
"A guardian ad litem is a unique type of guardian in a relationship that has been created by a court order only for the duration of a legal action. [...] Such court-appointed guardians figure in divorces, child neglect and abuse cases, paternity suits, contested inheritances, and so forth, and are usually attorneys.

[...]

"Guardians ad litem have extensive power and responsibility. Their duties are greatest in cases involving children, where they investigate, attend to the child's emotional and legal needs, monitor the child's family, and seek to shield the child from the often bruising experience of a lawsuit. Their function as officers of the court is also extensive: in addition to compiling relevant facts, interviewing witnesses, giving testimony, and making recommendations to the court on issues of custody and visitation, they ensure that all parties comply with court orders. Given the rigors of the task, which is often voluntary or low paid, it is not surprising that courts have traditionally had difficulty finding adequate numbers of qualified individuals to serve as guardians ad litem."

I also thank for the reminder of the BB shooting events. I would like to know if others agree that MB really does want those kids...is that not why she was arrested trespassing at the grandparents home?? As someone has written--kids are really a significant part of this "doomsday stuff"--which is why I get 50/50 on whether the kids are alive or dead. Is BB also in hiding?? One has to wonder how he is able to care for his family of four without a job too. I just have not heard anything about him lately. Do we know what kind of car BB owns? (again...I am astounded at how fancy and numerous the vehicles are with this group--which attaches to my belief that there is something about "money" that might connect all these folks).

IMO, without trying to sleuth Melani, we don't have any idea what any of her motivations are. We don't know anything about her, except what Brandon has said she has said and done; and some bits and pieces we've got about her movements via hearsay/a private investigator.

Seems to me they don't trust the government and I would think they don't trust banks either. Especially because the world is going to hell come July 2020. I would guess if he has any money saved, it's been converted into silver coins. MOO

Well, he had some form of banking to sell on Amazon.

My point really was not everyone thinks you need to advertise your income via material possessions (as obviously opposed to Lori). We live way below our means. Jmo.

Did anyone notice MV comments on Tylee's aunt's timeline?

I just wanted to apologize for the confusion I may have caused!
I was up way too late catching up on whatever new stories were released on Sunday and when I saw the first and last name, my brain did not register that the last name cannot be the person I thought it was!!
Once again, I am so sorry for any confusion I had caused!
I am still so happy that her aunt is speaking up for her, and JJ, also!!
Really hoping that with the CPS deadline today that LE will be able to start doing what needs to be done with LV and CD so that Tylee and JJ can be found.

guardian ad litem
"A guardian ad litem is a unique type of guardian in a relationship that has been created by a court order only for the duration of a legal action. [...] Such court-appointed guardians figure in divorces, child neglect and abuse cases, paternity suits, contested inheritances, and so forth, and are usually attorneys.

[...]

"Guardians ad litem have extensive power and responsibility. Their duties are greatest in cases involving children, where they investigate, attend to the child's emotional and legal needs, monitor the child's family, and seek to shield the child from the often bruising experience of a lawsuit. Their function as officers of the court is also extensive: in addition to compiling relevant facts, interviewing witnesses, giving testimony, and making recommendations to the court on issues of custody and visitation, they ensure that all parties comply with court orders. Given the rigors of the task, which is often voluntary or low paid, it is not surprising that courts have traditionally had difficulty finding adequate numbers of qualified individuals to serve as guardians ad litem."

TCA ... Trial Court Administrator
Job Bulletin

The Trial Court Administrator assists in the overall management of district court operations in order to carry out the policy directives of the Idaho Supreme Court in the judicial district. The Trial Court Administrator is responsible for carrying out the Idaho Courts' mission and goals and those administrative duties of the district court that are established by statute, local rule, or inherent power of the court (Idaho Court Administrative Rule 43). The trial court administrator works under the general direction of the Supreme Court and the joint supervision of the Administrative Director of the Courts and the Administrative District Judge.

guardian ad litem

[...]

The state of Idaho is divided into seven judicial districts, each with an Administrative District Judge who is chosen by the other district judges in the district and a Trial Court Administrator (TCA) who is selected jointly by the Administrative District Judge and the Administrative Director of the State Courts.

idaho court what is TCA? - بحث Google

25th October was when Tylee's phone sent that message to her friend. I'm betting Lori Lolo was in Kauai at that point having a dress fitting, oh and topping up her tan. They will be able to pinpoint the location of the phone when it was used.

She wasn't seen at the storage facility from October 3rd until November 24th if Nate Eaton's report includes all the dates.
After seeing the photos of her in wedding garb and hair done and not in sunglasses in AZ morning flat hair, I'm nearly certain Lori was at Tammy's Memorial Oct 23rd talking to Chad in the aisle next to the West side pews of the chapel for at least 5-10 minutes. He seemed relaxed talking to her as opposed to his manner during the service. I think that fits his explanation of how quickly Tammy from the other side helped them "reconnect".

I have a different feeling about Tammy's involvement. She's guiding this investigation. As many coincidences there are in the unbelievable circumstances of crimes in this case, there are just as many, "whoah, how did LE or investigators find [new bit of the puzzle] out?" moments.

In regards to the question of why take the spare tire off of the Jeep: I did some searching and looked at a few videos of people removing the spare from a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. After the spare is removed there is a rack attached to the tailgate that the tire was on. Remove that rack and there is a rectangular vent under it. Pop out the vent and you could have a nice little window in the back of the Jeep tailgate. Here's what the vent can look like from inside the Jeep (stock image from a bing search):
View attachment 231269
2018 jeep wrangler sport tailgate vent hole - Bing images

Some companies sell custom covers for the hole for people who want to leave the spare tire off: https://www.amazon.com/removed-vent...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584482461738903&psc=1

My theory is that the shooter removed the spare tire, the carrier for the tire as well as the rectangle vent piece, and also removed the back seat so that someone could lay down and shoot through the tailgate "window". This could also explain why the shooter missed as I think it would be difficult to hit a moving target with that method while the Jeep was moving too. But if I'm right then it's pretty scary how close they got to taking BB out. :eek:

As soon as they realized they missed and that BB possibly saw the vehicle they would have wanted to hide the spare that they had left back at the townhouse garage in Rexburg. Whoever was down in AZ with the Jeep could call and tell someone in Rexburg (Lori and a man who resembles Alex) to take that stuff to storage and hide it while they drove back. That would be the Oct 2nd visit in the middle of the day. Next, when no police came knocking right away, they would want to get the tire and seat out of storage as soon as possible to put back on the Jeep. That would be the reason for Oct 3rd visit to remove items they had just placed there the day before. MOO.

Also I found this for the shooting out of the Jeep.

"Brandon was about to pull into his driveway when he saw a gun with a silencer poke out of the Jeep's window, he said. He heard a gunshot as his driver's side window shattered."

I myself drive a Jeep Wrangler and can tell you it would be hard to shoot out the back. If the hard top is on the jeep, the back window is actually shut in by the back door/tailgate. The glass part lifts up while the door/tailgate opens by a hinge on the right hand side. Now if the soft top is on they could certainly unzip it and shoot that way. However it seems like the gun was shot from one of the main front windows. Or wasn't a Wrangler. MOO

How a Gilbert drive-by shooting is tied to the Idaho missing children

I don't know if this is the same model but doesn't the rear window just open out like this -

iu

2020 Jeep Wrangler - Lease with No Money Down – Carlease.com

I think that could be done beforehand if they are lying in wait.

Some problems with this are:
1) Did the PI investigating misspeak on the Green Jeep Cherokee? I don't believe so. I asked about the color and LE confirmed it was in fact greyish green. I posted a link today to a Cherokee of a similar color. Again, I don't know of the year/trim package.
2) The dark grey Jeep 2018 Wrangler is a two-door, so while opening the rear window to shoot from sitting position is possible, laying prone is less likely for someone as tall as AC. More likely from the 2012 silver Jeep Wrangler Limited 4-door, but then the PI wouldn't refer to it as green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43