Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many questions: Did Faye go inside her home for an afterschool snack, which is normal for most her age.? Was she playing in the yard alone? What did the other kids see? Why were authorities alerted at almost dusk? Did Faye have a habit of hiding or running away and the family always found her? Hoping the public will be proved with more details as they become available.

Search continues for 6-year-old girl missing in South Carolina

In a news conference late Monday night, Capt. Adam Myrick with the Lexington County Sheriff's Department said they can confirm she rode the bus home from school and got off that vehicle near her home. He did not speculate on what may have happened next.

Myrick said the search area is all in about a one mile radius of where the girl was last seen.

Tuesday morning, Myrick said residents inside subdivision should expect another knock on the door and be prepared to be stopped entering and leaving in an effort to try and find Swetlik.

Officers say Faye Marie Swetlik was last seen around 3:44 PM Monday playing in her front yard at Londonderry Lane in Cayce just off Highway 302.

So bus driver might have been last to see her? If family realized she wasn’t home at 3.45, then none of them saw her. Wonder if she gets dropped off in a place where she had to walk a little ways to get home.

This article says she was seen playing in her yard at 4 PM: Search continues for 6-year-old girl missing in South Carolina

Regarding parents waiting for the bus--where I live, I never see parents waiting at bus stops. I have a lot of kids in my neighborhood who seem to be ages 5/6 and up who take the bus. The bus typically stops at the end of a road, so at most, kids are maybe walking 1-2 short blocks home. I always see kids around this age walking home alone (maybe with other young kids, but not adults).

That would be unusual here - the kids walking alone or in groups from a bus here are typically middle schoolers. We have a LOT of elementary schools here though and most are serving neighborhoods - so younger kids are typically walked or driven to school by their parents, and take buses to middle/junior/high schools which we have a lot fewer of. I see packs of middle school kids walking from the bus to home commonly. I'd definitely feel concerned if I saw a six year old walking alone here - it would stand out as very unusual.

What a terrifying situation. I hope today brings good news.

So many questions: Did Faye go inside her home for an afterschool snack, which is normal for most her age.? Was she playing in the yard alone? What did the other kids see? Why were authorities alerted at almost dusk? Did Faye have a habit of hiding or running away and the family always found her? Hoping the public will be proved with more details as they become available.

I used the address of an apartment on Londonderry Square (since I don’t know the true address) and found 18 registered sex offenders in a one-mile radius. :-( And that’s the ones who are registered.
South Carolina Public Sex Offender Registry
Oh no! I’m sure LE is aggressively looking in to that. Londonberry Lane is a tiny little street only about 4 blocks long. The end closest to the freeway about 500 ft from Sixmile Creek. A bit of a closed-off neighborhood with 4 roads in/out.

Oh no! I’m sure LE is aggressively looking in to that. Londonberry Lane is a tiny little street only about 4 blocks long. The end closest to the freeway about 500 ft from Sixmile Creek. A bit of a closed-off neighborhood with 4 roads in/out.
In that case, my gut reaction is to have boots on the ground looking along the creek. People were begging on SM to help search last night. I’m getting a terrible stalking vibe on this one. Very much MOO.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.islandpacket.com/news/state/south-carolina/article240181278.html

Anything is possible at this point,’ cops say in search for missing Cayce girl

After returning home from school Monday, the girl was last seen by family at about 3:45 p.m., Sgt. Evan Antley, of the Cayce Department of Public Safety, said in a

Tuesday morning news conference.

While law enforcement is grateful for the community’s help in spreading the word about the missing girl on social media, Antley said they are not currently asking for volunteers to help to search the terrain near her home.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.islandpacket.com/news/state/south-carolina/article240181278.html

After returning home from school Monday, the girl was last seen by family at about 3:45 p.m., Sgt. Evan Antley, of the Cayce Department of Public Safety, said in a

While law enforcement is grateful for the community’s help in spreading the word about the missing girl on social media, Antley said they are not currently asking for volunteers to help to search the terrain near her home.
They don’t want searchers because they don’t want potential evidence/ scent trails contaminated. Bring the dogs!

Last seen by family?

Search continues for 6-year-old girl missing in South Carolina

In a news conference late Monday night, Capt. Adam Myrick with the Lexington County Sheriff's Department said they can confirm she rode the bus home from school and got off that vehicle near her home. He did not speculate on what may have happened next.

Myrick said the search area is all in about a one mile radius of where the girl was last seen.

Tuesday morning, Myrick said residents inside subdivision should expect another knock on the door and be prepared to be stopped entering and leaving in an effort to try and find Swetlik.

Officers say Faye Marie Swetlik was last seen around 3:44 PM Monday playing in her front yard at Londonderry Lane in Cayce just off Highway 302.

BBM

Officers say Faye Marie Swetlik was last seen around 3:44 PM Monday playing in her front yard at Londonderry Lane in Cayce just off Highway 302

Reportedly last seen by family. In a similar case, 11 yr old Gannon (GS) was also last seen by family, going to play at a friend's house, and now it appears that never happened.

Last person to see a missing child.

IMO, last-person accounts should always be questioned and validated, even though these witnesses are usually just indirect victims along with the missing child.

In the case of GS, it looks like the stepmother led LE down a dead end for a day or more with her apparently false last-person narrative.

"Tuesday morning, Myrick said residents inside the subdivision should expect another knock on the door and be prepared to be stopped entering and leaving in an effort to try and find Swetlik.

He said a high level of activity would be present until further notice. Since she was reported missing, he said more than 100 personnel from multiple law agencies are part of the operation, and about 20 family members and neighbors have also joined the search.

Myrick said officers have been knocking on doors as part of the search, and News19 observed people yelling out the little girl's name in an effort to find her.

All known family members have been contacted and have not seen the child. She has also been entered into the National Crime Information Center database as missing.

Myrick said at this point, the case does not currently meet the qualifications for an Amber Alert, but he said that doesn't mean there isn't a hard push to find the girl.

He said that as morning breaks, law enforcement is making plans to move systematically through the neighborhood a second time."

Officials search for missing 6-year-old South Carolina girl

CJ5AJMCO2JFEDNXKTZUAQEZ4JY.png

Again, very much MOO, but I’d wager it’s usual for little Faye to get off the bus with a group of kids, walk to her house, and if the adult (or possibly older child?) in charge for the day is a little late getting home, she hangs out in the yard. I’m basing this on the fact that by all accounts so far, the one who was “in charge” (whoever that was) checked with “all the family” before finally calling for help at 5pm. It’s even possible/likely IMO that there was a miscommunication as to who would be in charge that day. It’s even possible that nobody even realized she was home by herself until closer to 5pm. It happens sometimes when you have multiple people who help care for a child. In that case, it could be an honest mistake. All my thoughts. In any case, I’m not buying the “last seen by family” until I see them reporting who it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500