Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicole Fierro
18 mins ago
“EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. -- Fifteen days after he disappeared, there is still no sign of missing El Paso County 11-year-old Gannon Stauch.

[
SBM]

While police continue their search and investigative efforts, neighbors are trying to show the Stauch family that they are supported.

Local baker and owner of Cake Fashion by Bella Marie, Isabella Telas, has never actually met the Stauch family but she has a 10-year-old daughter herself.

“I just feel very invested in him and doing whatever we can to support Gannon and his family,’ Telas said.

Telas and her daughter decided to donate 100% of their Valentine's profits from Cake Fashion by Bella Marie to the Stauch family.

From Feb. 12 to 14, every penny from macaroons, stuffed cheesecake donuts and cookie sales will be donated to Gannon’s loved ones. People can submit their orders on her Facebook page.

I just want them to know that we’re here for them -- that they do have people that support them 100%,‘ Telas said, adding, ’If that just means a few days of profits, that’s fine. That’s not a big deal compared to what they are going through.’
[SBM]”
Baker will donate 100% of Valentine’s proceeds to Gannon Stauch’s family

Heading over to their Facebook page to find out if they ship :).

It's all in the police report when he was reported missing. From the start. He went to a friend's house, 'Searched Google'. He was not seen leaving going anywhere other than getting in the Red truck at 10:15 am. Then POOF nothing.
MOO
And FWIW, I've seen LE stick to the original timeline in other cases even when information came out that changed it. I'm trying to recall a recent one where that happened and LE responded by asking for video and information from a broadened time frame, clearly indicating they no longer believed the original report. But they still stuck to the first report.

Whether there was a lie is the third-hand information - not what Drayton said about the lie. Drayton got that it was a lie from the dad, but has no way of knowing if there was, in fact, a lie (regardless of whether he believes the dad). Then the media got it from Drayton and WS got it from the media and I got it from WS. So whether there was an actual lie is probably more like 5th hand for me, and third- or fourth-hand to the general public. Even if it ultimately turns out to be true.
Somebody more zappy than me could no doubt provide a link but I believe LE communications have pointedly not discredited the neighbour's version of events. Which doesnt ofc mean they have shouted "yep! What he said!" But its an interesting stance

IMO regardless of LE's denial I do believe a criminal investigation is in progress. LE can spin it however they want to the press but a "parallel" investigation is exactly that - they're looking into all other possibilities and that must include foul play.

As for the Grand Jury what I've found from following cases here is that msm usually reports when a GJ finds a "true bill" i. e. indicts a perp and it usually comes from the DA's office. In some cases it takes a while.

But in felony cases I believe LE can make an arrest based on suspicion, usually after conferring with the DA. I don't know if that requires a signed warrant by a judge though. MOO.
Thank you. I was trying to remember when we first learned of the GJ indictment in the Savannah Spurlock case.

I'm assuming it is a criminal investigation as well. There have been other cases where LE stated they were running a parallel investigation and we later learned there was a criminal element all along although they never said so. Jmo

Local baker and owner of Cake Fashion by Bella Marie, Isabella Telas, has never actually met the Stauch family but she has a 10-year-old daughter herself.

“I just feel very invested in him and doing whatever we can to support Gannon and his family,’ Telas said.

Telas and her daughter decided to donate 100% of their Valentine's profits from Cake Fashion by Bella Marie to the Stauch family.

From Feb. 12 to 14, every penny from macaroons, stuffed cheesecake donuts and cookie sales will be donated to Gannon’s loved ones. People can submit their orders on her Facebook page.

I just want them to know that we’re here for them -- that they do have people that support them 100%,‘ Telas said, adding, ’If that just means a few days of profits, that’s fine. That’s not a big deal compared to what they are going through.’
[SBM]”

(Quote shortened by me)

This is the best news I have read all day.

Nicole Fierro
18 mins ago
“EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. -- Fifteen days after he disappeared, there is still no sign of missing El Paso County 11-year-old Gannon Stauch.

[
SBM]

While police continue their search and investigative efforts, neighbors are trying to show the Stauch family that they are supported.

[SBM]”

Heartwarming.
Let us know if they ship out of state. If they do, I would love to order as well.

Contrary to what some people think, the police are not who make the decision to charge someone with a crime. The Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution requires that all felonies (offenses typically punishable by at least a year in prison) be charged via an indictment by a grand jury.

Not true. California is just one state that reserves Grand Juries only for crimes and misdemeanors by holders of the public trust. In my county, all charges are brought by the District Attorney.

I have every reason to believe it's the same in Colorado, given that a Grand Jury actually brought bills against certain people and the DA then refused to file the charges. DA decides in Colorado (and can do so without a Grand Jury).

While any citizen can attempt to bring their complaint to a Grand Jury in California, the Grand Juries have wide discretion as to which cases they choose. Naturally, criminal indictments are filed by the hundreds throughout the state, daily, for felonies, without Grand Jury involvement.

>>Investigations may be conducted on public agencies, the administration and affairs of any city within the county, or to examine books and records of redevelopment agencies. It is also appropriate for any private citizen, county official or county employee to present a written complaint to a grand jury for investigation.

During its term, the grand jury may select the government affairs which it wishes to investigate. These investigations are conducted by Grand Jury committees in cooperation with the departments and agencies of the county. Committees may ask for support and advice from Superior Court, District Attorney's office, County Counsel or outside consultants.<<

If it were true that only Grand Juries could bring criminal matters, the people here wouldn't be wondering why charges haven't already been filed. I assume the Coloradans can say more about this process, but we're all sitting on this thread waiting for Dan May, not the Grand Jury.

It may be different in other states, of course.

You are correct-

We saw her leave, we saw him get in before she left.

We saw her come back 4 hrs later and we didn't see him get out of the car.

But- He may have exited on the other side, he may have exited later in the video, he may have been dropped off at the corner so he could walk to his friends house, there may be a gap in the video where he did come home with her...

I personally don't think he returned with her. We will see...
Where is any video showing him after 10:15 am????????????????????????

A couple recent cases were Harley Dilly and Heidi Broussard. In Harley case a good percentage of people where going after mom like she was directly involved with disappearance. Wrong. In Heidi's case a lot of folks went off on boyfriend as being involved. Wrong. One thing I learned in both cases is my personal hinky sensor can have strong false alarms. So there's that.

Couldn't it also mean that there is a criminal investigation along with the initial missing persons investigation and they just don't want to call it that yet?

Is it common to keep any information about a Grand Jury from the public or would we have heard something about that by now?

Imo
I am not an attorney, but based on following cases-
They can keep info about a GJ from the public while they are bringing the case to them.
I feel very positive LE knows what they are doing and are getting their ducks in a row, which they need to have, so there is NO chance of any Reasonable doubt.
Plus, JMO, with Dan May involved, they Will have their ducks in a row, every t crossed and i dotted to ensure that the info/proof of what they bring will stick.
All JMO

You are correct-

We saw her leave, we saw him get in before she left.

We saw her come back 4 hrs later and we didn't see him get out of the car.

But- He may have exited on the other side, he may have exited later in the video, he may have been dropped off at the corner so he could walk to his friends house, there may be a gap in the video where he did come home with her...

I personally don't think he returned with her. We will see...
Where is any video showing him after 10:15 am????????????????????????

I'm so happy to hear reports of how the Community is supporting. They need this. I cant even begin to imagine what their days are like. Kudos to LE and everyone out there working this sad case, this is a tough one. And yet sadly there will be another......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf