Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's another thing I missed, darn it. Please don't make me start over from the beginning...:eek::p MOO
I missed it too Pommy.

I have to ask, why was a 6 year olds hair dyed at all? Not judging, just inquisitive as to what the need would be? Halloween? A school play? Trying to change appearance for some reason. I dunno. IMO

Thinking more about this “helpful video.”

Obviously, you’re dealing with three potential scenarios:

She got lost.

She was kidnapped.

Foul play by someone close to her.

One doesn’t make sense, as we’re not hearing about large community searches.

If she was kidnapped, I think they would describe the contents of the video.

Law enforcement is being coy, and I think that’s because they are focused on the third option. That video helped them alright.
Crime scene tape on her house. The cars from that house towed. 2 + 2 still and only does = 4

6 years old..died red hair..and her own FB page. Different sort of parenting. IMO
I don’t read too much into the dyed hair (it is popular with the school age kids in my area, since last year) and it’s possible that the FB page was set up to help stay in touch with the other parent/family members, when mom & dad split up, with pictures and videos.

JMOO

Charlotte isn’t far from Cayce. Is there a reason Dad wouldn’t have seen her in 2 months or is that standars

Is dad in town? Cayce isn’t that far from Charlotte.

Charlotte, NC, is about 100 miles from Cayce, and the highways are good, so about 2 hours or less wouldn't be a very tough drive.

Police not thinking abduction. Two things left, she ran away or someone known killed her. Two choices. God I hate this case already. IMO
Third choice: the police believe abduction and have a possible suspect but will play coy as to not spook them into running away/hiding/killing either himself or Faye assuming she's still alive.

Crime scene tape on her house. The cars from that house towed. 2 + 2 still and only does = 4

Reminds me of the Bon Jovi lyrics:

"It's all the same, only the names will change…"

Or, as a wise man named Solomon once famously put it:

"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun."

We've seen this movie.
We know how it ends.
We can quote all the lines by heart.

Sick of watching the reruns.

JMO.

Last edited:
I don’t read too much into the dyed hair (it is popular with the school age kids in my area, since last year) and it’s possible that the FB page was set up to help stay in touch with the other parent/family members, when mom & dad split up, with pictures and videos.

JMOO

Super common here too for the past few years, even with younger kids -- and we live in hipsterville with a granola twist. Not sure why possibly dyed hair or a possible FB page that is highly unlikely to be administered by FS herself would be in any way a reflection of overall parenting choices/competence or specifically relevant to her disappearance. Folks is folks.

JMOO
Maybe. just a thought that 6 seems a bit young for that. Also her FB page shows no friend connection to anyone named Swetlik, assuming she has her dad's last name.

Having checked school schedules online, it looks like both the middle and high schools in Cayce dismiss at 3:25. The timing there could prove to be extremely helpful to LE.
They're going to need to check with all the middle and/or high school-aged kids that live in FS's neighborhood to find out if any of them can verify seeing her outside when they got home from school Monday. If not, well….
It really isn't looking like my man William of Occam's in for any big surprises here. Sadly. JMO.

This means that the older students would still be in school when elementary students dismissed.

Faye is a 1st Grader at Springdale Elementary -- starts 7:50 AM, Dismissed 2:25 pm. (School is about 2.7 miles from residence).

Policies and Procedures – Parents – Springdale Elementary

Super common here too for the past few years, even with younger kids -- and we live in hipsterville with a granola twist. Not sure why possibly dyed hair or a possible FB page that is highly unlikely to be administered by FS herself would be in any way a reflection of overall parenting choices/competence or specifically relevant to her disappearance. Folks is folks.
Understood. I'm not a prude at all. But even Facebook has an age limit of 13 and older.

This means that the older students would still be in school when elementary students dismissed.

Faye is a 1st Grader at Springdale Elementary -- starts 7:50 AM, Dismissed 2:25 pm. (School is about 2.7 miles from residence).

Policies and Procedures – Parents – Springdale Elementary

Correct.

But the older students would be getting home right around the time mom allegedly last saw her playing outside.

That's why I'm interested…their afternoon dismissals are almost perfectly timed to allow the older kids in the neighborhood to have seen what Mom reports seeing.

Or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members