Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC7 Eyewitness News on Twitter
Our thought and prayers are with the family of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik, whose body was found four days after she went missing from her South Carolina home https://abc7.la/3byS56M
EQrhXbmU8AE6unw.jpg

2:42 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
Director Byron Snellgrove updated community and media that the body of #FayeSwetlik has been found.
The investigation into her homicide begins as @Cayce_DPS, along with local, state and federal partners, will work together to bring this case to a close.
Director Byron Snellgrove just updated... - Cayce Department of Public Safety | Facebook
3:34 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
If you have any information that would assist in our homicide investigation, the #FayeSwetlik Hotline is still operational and our work is ongoing. 1-803-205-4444.#PrayforFaye
Director Byron Snellgrove just updated... - Cayce Department of Public Safety | Facebook
3:35 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Wonder how long before they start releasing additional details. Age of suspect, was it a neighbor, etc. It's been a big news day already, I wonder if we'll even know tonight.

EDIT: Sorry, I misspoke. We don't even yet know if the deceased male is a suspect. This site has really taught me to evaluate my assumptions (and judge everyone else's, of course).

WIS News 10 on Twitter
This news is hitting the entire community very hard. Little Faye Swetlik was found dead after disappearing from her front yard while she played. This is what we know >> http://bit.ly/39vp75P
3:13 PM - 13 Feb 2020

6-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead after disappearing from front yard in Cayce, S.C.
JGWZN3DRIJD6DFPMBVV5GJV3ZQ.jpg

Faye Swetlik disappeared from her Cayce, S.C., home on Monday afternoon.
(Source: Cayce Department of Public Safety)

[...]

Thursday, Faye’s body was found somewhere in her neighborhood. Officers have launched a homicide investigation related to her death, but did not share how she died.

Police also said the body of a deceased male was found near Faye’s body and an investigation has started in that case. They did not, however, directly relate the cases at this time. That person has not been identified.

There is no danger to the community, police said. No arrests have been made at this time.

If this turns out that she was infact in a vehicle prior I hope the amber alert rules are changed. I don’t live in America but by god.
It doesn’t sound like that’s the case. They appear to have been focused on the neighborhood, and it would appear they were right.

An Amber Alert wouldn’t have changed anything.

6-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead after disappearing from front yard in Cayce, S.C.

By Kiana Miller
|
Posted: Thu 10:59 AM, Feb 13, 2020 |
Updated: Thu 1:49 PM, Feb 13, 2020

CAYCE, S.C. (WIS) - Police just shared the tragic news that 6-year-old Faye Swetlik was found dead Thursday, not far from where she was last seen.

Faye disappeared from the front yard of her Cayce, South Carolina home while she was playing outside after school Monday.

Her family reported her missing at 5 p.m., saying they had last seen her at 3:45 p.m.

Thursday, Faye’s body was found somewhere in her neighborhood. Officers have launched a homicide investigation related to her death, but did not share how she died.

Police also said the body of a deceased male was found near Faye’s body and an investigation has started in that case. They did not, however, directly relate the cases at this time. That person has not been identified.

There is no danger to the community, police said. No arrests have been made at this time.

ETA: CBS/7 News first reported FMS body was located in the home of a deceased male. This report has been revised as noted above.

Curious to see if there will be a connection between Faye’s death and the other person found dead.

Also curious to see if there is any connection with the NAPA store, the local businesses and the crime.

I am not seeing a teen responsible. I am seeing someone familiar to her. Neighbor. Maybe someone known to the mother or grandmother. Youngish, maybe late 20s/early 30s. Possibly rents nearby home/moves around a lot. Truck driver? Bit of a loner. Maybe something from the NAPA store was the murder weapon, found in the trash. That sort of thing. But only if there is a connection between the two, which I suspect there is.

moo.

It doesn’t sound like that’s the case. They appear to have been focused on the neighborhood, and it would appear they were right.

An Amber Alert wouldn’t have changed anything.

Of course just the fact that the owner of one of the cars hadn’t been identified(as far as I am aware according to LE).

LE done their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member