Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
6-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead after disappearing from front yard in Cayce, S.C.

February 13, 2020 at 8:32 AM EST - Updated February 13 at 4:09 PM

Thursday, Faye’s body was found somewhere in her neighborhood. Officers have launched a homicide investigation related to her death, but did not share how she died.

Police also said the body of a deceased male was found in the same neighborhood, and an investigation has started in that case. They did not, however, directly relate the cases at this time. That person has not been identified.

There is no danger to the community, police said. No arrests have been made at this time.

WIS will have special coverage throughout evening newscasts to share the latest on this tragic case. Watch those in the video player above.

Faye Swetlik’s grandmother shared this beautiful memory with us today @foxcarolinanews

My mom always sang this song to me as a child ☀️

God bless this sweet, innocent soul

Victoria Carmen on Twitter
OMG.
big-smiley-crying.gif

ABC7 Eyewitness News on Twitter
Our thought and prayers are with the family of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik, whose body was found four days after she went missing from her South Carolina home https://abc7.la/3byS56M
EQrhXbmU8AE6unw.jpg

2:42 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
Director Byron Snellgrove updated community and media that the body of #FayeSwetlik has been found.
The investigation into her homicide begins as @Cayce_DPS, along with local, state and federal partners, will work together to bring this case to a close.
Director Byron Snellgrove just updated... - Cayce Department of Public Safety | Facebook
3:34 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
If you have any information that would assist in our homicide investigation, the #FayeSwetlik Hotline is still operational and our work is ongoing. 1-803-205-4444.#PrayforFaye
Director Byron Snellgrove just updated... - Cayce Department of Public Safety | Facebook
3:35 PM - 13 Feb 2020
Just heartbreaking.

My heart can’t take listening to that precious little girl singing right now. I burst into tears when I was finally able to hug my 7 and 9 year old boys today. I was sitting in carline to pick them up when the press conference live streamed on my phone. God bless this poor family. My heart aches.

Just heard this very sad news. I have to catch up but felt the need to share my condolences to those who loved Faye - her classmates, her bus driver, friends, family. To those who extended themselves on this site and IRL to search for Faye - I'm so very sorry. I will light a candle tonight in honor of another beautiful young life lost way too early and senselessly.

WIS News 10 on Twitter
This news is hitting the entire community very hard. Little Faye Swetlik was found dead after disappearing from her front yard while she played. This is what we know >> http://bit.ly/39vp75P
3:13 PM - 13 Feb 2020

6-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead after disappearing from front yard in Cayce, S.C.
JGWZN3DRIJD6DFPMBVV5GJV3ZQ.jpg

Faye Swetlik disappeared from her Cayce, S.C., home on Monday afternoon.
(Source: Cayce Department of Public Safety)

[...]

Thursday, Faye’s body was found somewhere in her neighborhood. Officers have launched a homicide investigation related to her death, but did not share how she died.

Police also said the body of a deceased male was found near Faye’s body and an investigation has started in that case. They did not, however, directly relate the cases at this time. That person has not been identified.

There is no danger to the community, police said. No arrests have been made at this time.

Bold and red by me. More terrible reporting. LE did NOT say the deceased male was "near" Faye's body. I suppose it's all subjective. I mean, if "near" means in the same town as opposed to in San Diego......

February 13, 2020 at 8:32 AM EST - Updated February 13 at 4:09 PM

Police also said the body of a deceased male was found in the same neighborhood, and an investigation has started in that case. They did not, however, directly relate the cases at this time. That person has not been identified.

WIS will have special coverage throughout evening newscasts to share the latest on this tragic case. Watch those in the video player above.
Where does it say two vehicles were towed?
I don't see that either.

It doesn’t sound like that’s the case. They appear to have been focused on the neighborhood, and it would appear they were right.

An Amber Alert wouldn’t have changed anything.
I agree, amber alert wouldn’t have changed anything. She was probably no longer with us by the time she was reported missing.

Also, the comments criticizing LE and the mother have to stop. Facebook is out of control. People always think they can do such a better job. Well, I hope this never happens to you.

I cannot imagine the level of aggravation one may encounter on Facebook. I don't have a profile. Individuals always make comments about how a family is raising their children after cases like this. Anyone can experience their child going missing, even the most cautious paranoid of parents, because all it takes is one quick distraction and the child is gone. Also before judging, consider all the factors that go into parenting, family structure, financial circumstances, etc Parental worries and concerns also differ among race, so very complex topic. Also the world is made up of random events. There are more than enough sick individuals on the hunt for human weakness.

Where does it say two vehicles were towed?

The linked DM by O/P did not initially state two vehicles towed. **

However, there were two vehicles removed/towed from in front of the residence on Londonberry Square on Feb 11, 2020.

Emily Wakeman‏ @emily_wakeman_
Two cars near the home of missing 6 yr old Faye Swetlik just towed away. About 10-20 officers and investigators going door to door of neighboring homes as it happened. @wis10
[embedded video of two cars towed at tweet - red & silver]

2:27 PM - 11 Feb 2020

ETA: ** DM has been revised to include 2 cars towed!
PUBLISHED: 14:12 EST, 13 February 2020
| UPDATED: 16:41 EST, 13 February 2020

Last edited:
Bold and red by me. More terrible reporting. LE did NOT say the deceased male was "near" Faye's body. I suppose it's all subjective. I mean, if "near" means in the same town as opposed to in San Diego......
Adam Myrick is a Captain and the PIO of the Lexington County Sheriff's Department.

Adam Myrick on Twitter
Snellgrove says a deceased male was also found near Faye’s body. That investigation is in its early stages.
2:06 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member