Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally understand your POV. But like all criminal cases, motivation is key. For Lori, it seems to be money and some sort of deviant fan girl cred at being Chad’s wife. As phony as Chad appears to be, I believe he lived a somewhat nerdy small town sheltered life. It is my understanding that Springville is an idyllic version of small town America. They have a beautiful little museum, a strong local community. I think Chad never met anyone like Lori before. Pretty, fawning, determined- she validated him in a way that he probably never had been before. When given the opportunity to be tempted to stray from his wife and their quiet life - he took it, which is not unlike a lot of men or women looking for more excitement in life. But Chad was raised with a strict moral code and by his continuing to enter a house of worship confuses me. I cannot understand his rationalization. If harm has come to the children, he has abandoned every single principle he was ever taught and offended the God he is waiting for.
Yes...many a man (or woman) has suddenly and hopelessly "been lusted" out of a more simple life.... But one of my other questions eating at me....... WHY oh WHY did CD seem to "need" to go to Rexburg. I know I had read they had a bankruptcy, and I know TD did not want to go to Idaho at all..... Did they restart their book business in Rexburg or was it just all about him moving to Rexburg??? Oh how I wish TD's parents would talk...they too must know so much more...

iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts
Case Information

CV33-20-0088 | In the Matter of the Guardianship and Conservatorship of: Joshua Vallow, A Minor Child.

02/26/2020 Status Conference

Judicial Officer
Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time
9:00 AM

Comment
Telephonic
  • 03/04/2020 Civil Hearing

Judicial Officer
    Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time
    9:00 AM

Cancel Reason
    Vacated

Comment
    Guardianship

• 03/12/2020 Appointment of Guardian/Conservator

Judicial Officer
    Eddins, Faren Z.

Hearing Time
    10:00 AM

**This was added last night. If you click on the link you can read the full summary
Edit I added what is coming up. I think the 3/12/2020 is a biggie

So a telephone conference on the 26th Feb and appointment of guardian on the 12th Mar.

So a telephone conference on the 26th Feb and appointment of guardian on the 12th Mar.
That's what I thought too, but who is the teleconference with? Hopefully with kay so they don't have to drive but it couldn't be Lori could it? She had no representation in court so I am thinking not.

Yes...many a man (or woman) has suddenly and hopelessly "been lusted" out of a more simple life.... But one of my other questions eating at me....... WHY oh WHY did CD seem to "need" to go to Rexburg. I know I had read they had a bankruptcy, and I know TD did not want to go to Idaho at all..... Did they restart their book business in Rexburg or was it just all about him moving to Rexburg??? Oh how I wish TD's parents would talk...they too must know so much more...
I assume he moved to Rexburg because he saw it as a “safe” place or place of gathering in connection with his beliefs of the last days. I had an acquaintance that moved to Rexburg for the same reasons based on an online forum which I am now thinking might have been AVOW. Though I had never heard the name of that forum before this case. MOO just piecing things together that make sense to me

Good info about the reasons why TD's autopsy may take so long. Also, BB mentions that he baptized Lori's son (has to be referring to Colby), which makes me wonder if there were times during their marriage that Charles was not able to go to the temple. That could have caused quite a rift between the two if that was the case. This also could explain the string of divorces for Lori. If her husbands suddenly became "unworthy" she may have moved quickly to get rid of them. After getting rid of a husband, she would move quick to marry a temple worthy member because without a temple worthy husband, she can't get to the highest degree of glory...IMO

Charles and Lori got married a year or so after Colby turned 8 and could be baptized. I don't think there was anything more to Charles not baptizing Colby than the fact that Lori was still married to Joe when Colby turned 8. Charles wasn't in the picture yet.

That's what I thought too, but who is the teleconference with? Hopefully with kay so they don't have to drive but it couldn't be Lori could it? She had no representation in court so I am thinking not.
I am wondering if it is with Lori and the Woodcocks and the court - a 3 way/state teleconference perhaps. There's probably no way we will find out though I guess.

I assume he moved to Rexburg because he saw it as a “safe” place or place of gathering in connection with his beliefs of the last days.
RSBM.

Bingo! MOO.

At least one of the bigwigs of that site/prepper movement also lives in the general area and CD may have wanted to be close to him for any perceived/real advantages that close association could bring him. MOO.

I am wondering if it is with Lori and the Woodcocks and the court - a 3 way/state teleconference perhaps. There's probably no way we will find out though I guess.

I was thinking the same thing. That might be why the Woodcocks didn't have much to say after the custody hearing. It would be SO frustrating to see Lori in a teleconference and walk out of the meeting without any more information than they had before the hearing

If I were the parents or LE, I wouldn't offer a reward at this point. I think the entire community of Colorado Springs, if anyone has any information, is willing to give it for free. I think there may be someone who knows something, but ought not to be offered a reward (at least, I wouldn't want to if I were the family).

MOO.

Good info about the reasons why TD's autopsy may take so long. Also, BB mentions that he baptized Lori's son (has to be referring to Colby), which makes me wonder if there were times during their marriage that Charles was not able to go to the temple. That could have caused quite a rift between the two if that was the case. This also could explain the string of divorces for Lori. If her husbands suddenly became "unworthy" she may have moved quickly to get rid of them. After getting rid of a husband, she would move quick to marry a temple worthy member because without a temple worthy husband, she can't get to the highest degree of glory...IMO
CV and Lori did not marry until 2006, making CR around 11. I don't know everything that went on in their marriage, but I doubt BB baptizing CR had anything at all to do with CVs "worthiness" since that should have taken place years before, especially if she was devoutly practicing. Moo.

Attorney quote day after search warrants were served in Kauai.

"He said he didn't know where the kids were or if they were even alive." BBM

Police confirm Vallow search warrant served - Local News 8
Thank you!

Interesting. So, assuming he is telling the truth, then Mr. Bartholick is either not doing his job and pushing them for information so as to build a defensive plan to help them, or Lori and Chad are stonewalling him. He's had two full moths to find out from them what's going on and he appears to be just as clueless as the rest of us. I would have to assume any decent lawyer worth their salt would be pushing their clients for answers, so I can only assume Lori and Chad are the ones stonewalling him. How bizzare.

I guess they're enjoying their lovely vacation too much to take this case seriously.

I know it's a stretch but AC died dec 12th and I really think in my gut Lori had something to do with it. She could easily have been with AC when he married, (while Chad was vacationing with his family), and could have gone back to Arizona with him while waiting for Chad to finish up with family. Maybe Alex threatened her for money etc either way I believe Lori decided "to tie up loose ends" Maybe she tampered with something she knew he would eat or drink. Hopefully LE checked that out. Jmo
There is so little discussion about IP and MBP... WHERE are they living, and where in Dec??? She was trying to get to her kids at her inlaws outside of phoenix, right??? Does anyone have that date ??

There is so little discussion about IP and MBP... WHERE are they living, and where in Dec??? She was trying to get to her kids at her inlaws outside of phoenix, right??? Does anyone have that date ??

IP is off limits. MP is only what is in MSM. Check the timeline for her arrest at the in laws. I think it's there.

All of this

Judges are not idiots and cannot be mugged off by libertarian claptrap in relation to kids at risk

When one party comes to Court with all of the above, and the other party ....

1. Refuses to say what the situation is
2. Breaches a court order to prove the kids are safe

----> direction of travel is obvious
Judges are not idiots and cannot be mugged off by libertarian claptrap in relation to kids at risk

It might depend on jurisdiction. If the judge in a particular jurisdiction, has strong personal or professional opinions regarding the appropriate disposition, it could certainly influence their decision.

I've been thinking about this all day and hope it will post.

That text Lori sent to KW peeves me. You know the 5 kids, no money, sister gets it all text.

For starters Lori has 3 children, not 5. And one of them was a legal adult when CV was shot dead.

While it would have been nice for her to have set something up for all the children, CV was responsible for any bequests to his 2 biological children from a previous marriage. So Lori's little whine has no impact on me. I don't get the feeling she was close to his son's. And I doubt they would have seen a penny from her.

I've been a bonus mom previously. I had zero legal obligations or rights to my other "kids". The whole thing is kind of unfair, but I digress. Jmo.

Because CD had been so devout with LDS, I cannot figure out if he is "reconstructing history through scripture" or has denounced his beliefs.?? Is there a way CD and LV can interpret the deaths and the missing children through scripture to be OK, and still go to heaven??. 2) I believe some up-threads have indicated that Chad has actually NOT been excommunicated because he was never in the church with church leaders to face that music....so is that why he can still go to temple services? The Daybell and Douglas side...just seem to have been so devout and would never have done anything against the Church..ever. The spiritual side of this is just so heavy... IMHO.... Could leaders in the HI Temples excommunicate him...or speak to him in a judicial way of what he has to do to keep his faith???????? oh my...so hard to understand
BBM
Maybe (or not) this is causing confusion; going to the weekly ward/church meetings (what he and Lori have been doing, open to anyone) is MUCH different than going to the temple (what the discussion about having a temple recommend is about). Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard