Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nic Jones on Twitter
One of the last things six-year-old Faye Swetlik was seen wearing was polka dot boots. Someone has placed polka dot boots with flowers at a memorial in honor of the little girl @WLTX
EQxV_DDWoAIUoz2.jpg

5:50 PM - 14 Feb 2020

It just seems very odd that someone would jump from having no criminal activity to possibly being a murder suspect. That just doesn't normally happen. Even though everything so far is pointing at a single man, it seems weird.
My Opinion Only! He had been thinking about this a long time but never had the opportunity come up and when it did he took it.

"Coty Scott Taylor was found dead in his home Thursday morning shortly after police had discovered “a critical piece of evidence” in his trash, according to Sgt. Evan Antley of Cayce Department of Public Safety in a press conference Friday.
Faye’s body was found that same morning in a wooded area close to her home, which was next door to Taylor’s townhouse. The girl was last seen playing in her yard on the afternoon of Feb. 10, according to previous reporting by The State newspaper."

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article240305141.html#storylink=cpy

Police ‘link’ the death of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik to a neighbor found dead in his home
Investigators link death of 30-year-old neighbor to homicide of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik

They are investigating both Faye’s homicide and the man’s death as the same case. They said they are not looking for a person of interest and no arrests have been made in Faye’s death.
Even though we 'knew' the suspected outcome, I'm gutted. :(

Poor sweet Faye didn't deserve for her life to end this way, no child does. Much peace and comfort to Faye's family and loved ones during this unthinkable time.

I can't catch up with every post, sorry. Has there been any medical examiner info about Faye's time of death? I know they haven't released the man's TOD. I would hate, hate to think that she was kept alive for those three days because I'm sure she would have been brutalized during that time. JMO and I know this man is not yet necessarily the suspect.

I've lived all my life in a NYC apartment. I don't have a front yard. My daughter is 38 now, and my grandkids are 15, 7 and 5. I never took my eyes off any of them in the playground, store or anywhere. Etan Patz changed everything here, because my sister and I went everywhere in our Manhattan neighborhood when we were young, without parents. Adam Walsh, too. He died when I was pregnant and so I learned from that to never take my eyes off in any setting.

My sister does have a big suburban home and never left her daughter without supervision, even when she was riding her bike on the block or playing in the front or back yards. This is also post-Etan Patz. I'm assuming it's different in a rural town? Where you know everyone, maybe? Not blaming the mother! Just trying to understand the culture of allowing small children to play in the yard for an hour without an adult sitting outside. I know I've been a helicopter parent, which also has negative aspects, but it's my fear of the one instant like this that formed me this way. To reiterate, my heart dies for the family and I am not casting aspersions, just trying to understand cultural or regional differences.

We live in the middle of nowhere IN and I pretty much let my children roam the same way I did growing up. We live too far away from everything for them to go far, but they do walk down to the park/baseball field about 1/4 mile from the house and frequently traverse between our property and the neighbors' house sitting a bit behind ours. The back corner of ours touches the back corner of theirs and we keep a 4-wheeler trail mowed between houses just to make the walk/ride a bit easier. There are definite ground rules they have to follow, like no 4-wheelers, trampoline, zip line, playing in the front yard, or leaving the property without a parent at home. Also no playing in the creek solo. I realize there is always going to be a risk that something could happen, but I figure it's so tiny that I'm willing to let them be independent. I bought a house in a rural town (vs middle of nowhere) this summer and my kids walk all over the place, however, they are all older (10-13). I'm far more worried about them finding trouble themselves vs trouble finding them there. I feel like there are far more eyes around and lots of kids out playing.

FEB 14, 2020
If you think the case of missing 6-year-old Faye Swetlik sounds familiar, here’s why:

EQxRa2jWsAAaQSg.png

[...]

We have to go back nearly 40 years to another similar missing child case in Santa Claus.

Kathy Kohm was 11 years old when she vanished from her Christmas Lake Village home in Santa Claus, Indiana on April 5, 1981. It prompted a massive search and her remains were recovered two months later near an abandoned logging trail in a wooded area about a quarter mile from her home.

[...]

Years later, Gash had moved to Florida and authorities say he committed suicide as investigators were attempting get DNA evidence in the case. Kathy’s parents moved from Indiana to St. Louis.

Last edited:
Start about 2:40. The evidence led them to Faye's body. ie: She was found first. Following that, they found Coty's body.
Also, just after 2:10, he says that the evidence led them to an area to search again (paraphrasing). I think he was saying the evidence being in that particular bin made them decide to search apt. 602, and they were planning that search when her body was found. My opinion only, but I can see why so many think that means the woods. Maybe the evidence was her clothing with pine straw, other vegetation, clay, etc.

Alicia Neaves on Twitter
This is Coty Taylor's yearbook photo from 2007 Bluffton High Yearbook. He’s connected to the case of 6-year-old #FayeSwetlik
EQxU74-XUAAmhM5.jpg

5:45 PM - 14 Feb 2020 from Cayce, SC

This is why I love you from afar, PommyMommy. I tried to post this but knew I screwed it up. You are so consistently reliable that I secretly knew you'd be the backup when I messed up!

Bringing over from the media thread:
<modsnip: Not a known fact at this time.> It sounds like he did very well in school, graduating in the top 10% of his class.

Isn’t it unusual for a person to have no criminal record, be unknown to the local LE, and then commit such a heinous crime on a child?

It is upsetting that yesterday all reports said he was found in the woods and now today it is reported he was found in his house. Talk about first reports being misleading, well, this one is an excellent example!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else think a 3rd party might be involved? The circumstances seem weird to me, that or whoever the murderer is, isn't very smart.
I don't think they can rule out someone else being killer. Maybe CT was afraid of being arrested and killed himself. He might have had mental illness and fightened of detectives. Evidence can be planted as well. I know I watch too many crime shows.

This image shows what would be her front yard. This is the view if she was facing away from her house. The red dot is over the apartments the deceased male lived in.

Unreal. Absolutely unreal.
Thank you for posting that view though. I had looked from satellite image and was wondering if it was as straight of a shot as it seemed. It was :(:oops:

I have absolutely no doubt that LE in this case are 100 percent certain CT is connected to the crime or they would not have named him.

These are hardworking, experienced LE personnel who are operating under tremendous pressure and time constraints to find a missing child. They have been consummate professionals in their handling of this case from the beginning. God Bless Them for finding this little angel so quickly!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member