Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm behind in posts but this really caught my attention.
... why?
Why would he have moved her out there?
Why not just leave her in the house if you're planning to do yourself in?
JMO.
At the time Faye was moved into the woods, it was likely that the perp was not planning on self harm. The perp may have thought since the woods had been searched and cleared that LE would move on and expand the search to other areas.
JMO.

Listed on Missing Poster is: "wearing polka dot rain boots, a pink flowered skirt, and a black t-shirt with a neon design and the word PEACE written on the front." So it was one of these articles that was found.
BBM
Whoever did this.....are illiterate bastards.........IDK HOW ANYONE could hurt a child & not SEE THAT & THINK TWICE:(:mad: MOO
:(:(:(:(

I agree that's possible. Putting evidence in his own wheelie bin? I mean. He was reportedly a clever guy so that just doesn't jibe.
But then Donald Smith took Cherish knowing there would be hours of CCTV footage of him with her and walking out of Walmart with her, and seemed to make very little effort to hide what he'd done afterwards. Perps sometimes dont even care about their own lives I guess.

I'm guessing when backed into a corner, so to speak, it was better to risk putting it in his trash that would be taken away quickly and possibly not searched at all, than risk something being found in his house or being caught walking with it to put it in someone else's bin. Of course, assuming he was responsible in any way.

FWIW the officers in Cayce did an amazing, thorough and fast job yesterday. Looking at timeline, we have them emptying trash cans on WIS TV feed at 945 am. Presser at 1045 am with progress report. Sweet Faye was found by the Chief at approximately 11 am after discovering compelling evidence to re-search the wooded area. At 1 pm, they held presser saying they had found Faye as well as not yet named CT. Two hours from discovery of not just Faye but also CT til presser. Assuming there was a search warrant issued in same time frame since they entered CTs home.

Fellow Sleuthers.....

I've been seeing A LOT of sleuthing type info about CT appearing here: photos, details of his life, his high school history, etc. This is sleuthing CT after the mods have clearly and repetitively said: DO NOT SLEUTH CT. This is the kind of thing that will get a thread locked down...lets not get the thread locked by posting banned info. I know a lot of you want to dive into his background but until he is formally named a suspect it's not permitted.

And trust me, you don't want SillyBilly coming back in here..

BBM

This guys. I know it's obvious but please don't until it's announced.

Can anyone speak to how it seems LE knew to close off and monitor neighborhood? They only searched a mile radius and it proved right. Is this normal or did they have a tip that caused this search radius.

Maybe the silver car they didn't get to question or ring cams showing her playing and then gone. They could have narrowed it to a very small time frame that she went missing and known that the perp couldn't have gotten very far.

I'm having feels about how they blocked the neighborhood in. Anyone seen that in a case before? I don't recall ever seeing LE do that?

What if they were desperate, moved her out there to a place that had already been searched, just temporarily, they thought, hoping the heat would be off the next day.
Just reading between the lines in the presser, I think it all happened very quickly, IMO. 1) evidence in bin 2) find her body 3) find his body. Maybe #1 and #2 were practically simultaneous. My own opinion: The officer seemed to imply that they were already searching that woods area again, that there were 2 groups of officers, one on the garbage detail, one planning the various areas to re-search. I bet we find in the end that it all came down so very quickly. That woody area was just off the back of the apartment building.

I have had this feeling all along that LE knew within the first day or two that she had be grabbed by someone in the neighborhood and they had seen no signs of her leaving. I think that's why they were so focused on the area in the neighborhood and why they never really expanded the search beyond it.

Perhaps he did it in a last ditch effort to keep his name clean, perhaps thinking the cops would never connect the two deaths. I know it sounds crazy but people do crazy things when they are panicking, not thinking clearly, etc.

Another idea is that he wanted to remove her body from his apt because he was so disgusted with himself for what he had done that he couldn't bear to leave her in his space, the presence of her body was a glaring sign, screaming at him "LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!" So he removed her and then killed himself out of self disgust.

Can anyone speak to how it seems LE knew to close off and monitor neighborhood? They only searched a mile radius and it proved right. Is this normal or did they have a tip that caused this search radius.

Hi all!
I would imagine LE had so much video from Ring doorbell, they could put a complete story on Faye's movement.

MOO, MOO

Last edited:
I'm behind in posts but this really caught my attention.
... why?

Perhaps he decided to off himself AFTER he put her outside, when he saw that LE was getting too close . He may have seen that the garbage wasn't going anywhere, even may have witnessed LE going thru HIS garbage.

I have had this feeling all along that LE knew within the first day or two that she had be grabbed by someone in the neighborhood and they had seen no signs of her leaving. I think that's why they were so focused on the area in the neighborhood and why they never really expanded the search beyond it.
So close to the interstate it was a big gamble. Someone either has an amazing gut sense or evidence we don’t know.

Maybe the silver car they didn't get to question or ring cams showing her playing and then gone. They could have narrowed it to a very small time frame that she went missing and known that the perp couldn't have gotten very far.

I'm having feels about how they blocked the neighborhood in. Anyone seen that in a case before? I don't recall ever seeing LE do that?
LE is getting better and more efficient in their investigations. Sadly, I think it's due to the volume of cases. :(

Hi all!
I would imagine LE had so much video from Ring doorbell, they could put a complete story on Faye's movement.

MOO, MOO
Yeah, I think that’s the most logical reason for their confidence. They seemed to know that someone had not transported her from the neighborhood, and she was close by.

There’s no way that was a guess.

FWIW the officers in Cayce did an amazing, thorough and fast job yesterday. Looking at timeline, we have them emptying trash cans on WIS TV feed at 945 am. Presser at 1045 am with progress report. Sweet Faye was found by the Chief at approximately 11 am after discovering compelling evidence to re-search the wooded area. At 1 pm, they held presser saying they had found Faye as well as not yet named CT. Two hours from discovery of not just Faye but also CT til presser. Assuming there was a search warrant issued in same time frame since they entered CTs home.

I agree they did an amazing job from start to finish. I believe your timeline is a bit off. They were emptying trash cans at 9:45....they discovered her at 11am, first presser was 11:45, they did announce a new conference for 1pm; however didn't actually start the conference until just after 2pm. Can anyone verify this?

While I understand the reasoning, I hurts my heart that they had already discovered Faye when they did the 11:45 presser, Thursday.

I agree that's possible. Putting evidence in his own wheelie bin? I mean. He was reportedly a clever guy so that just doesn't jibe.

If you are planning on killing yourself you probably don't worry about what you are putting in the trash.

My bigger question is that we have no idea who else might have lived in the home. A lot of the assumption here seems to be that whomever did this was living alone and could act freely. I'm not sure that's the case. If he lived with family or roomates and LE is surrounding you.... you are bound to do some things that make no sense at all.

Also, while I usually prefer to go with "the simplest explanation", I'm not 100% sure this is a murder suicide at this time. LE's comment during the presser that they want to make sure no one else is involved is interesting. If it seemed a clear cut case of murder - suicide why would they say that? Could someone else in the home be being held for questioning? Could someone have killed someone that walked in on something? I think those answers are yes and that's exactly the reason we can't sleuth CT.

I agree they did an amazing job from start to finish. I believe your timeline is a bit off. They were emptying trash cans at 9:45....they discovered her at 11am, first presser was 11:45, they did announce a new conference for 1pm; however didn't actually start the conference until just after 2pm. Can anyone verify this?

While I understand the reasoning, I hurts my heart that they had already discovered Faye when they did the 11:45 presser, Thursday.

We live in the middle of nowhere IN and I pretty much let my children roam the same way I did growing up. We live too far away from everything for them to go far, but they do walk down to the park/baseball field about 1/4 mile from the house and frequently traverse between our property and the neighbors' house sitting a bit behind ours. The back corner of ours touches the back corner of theirs and we keep a 4-wheeler trail mowed between houses just to make the walk/ride a bit easier. There are definite ground rules they have to follow, like no 4-wheelers, trampoline, zip line, playing in the front yard, or leaving the property without a parent at home. Also no playing in the creek solo. I realize there is always going to be a risk that something could happen, but I figure it's so tiny that I'm willing to let them be independent. I bought a house in a rural town (vs middle of nowhere) this summer and my kids walk all over the place, however, they are all older (10-13). I'm far more worried about them finding trouble themselves vs trouble finding them there. I feel like there are far more eyes around and lots of kids out playing.

That sounds like a lovely way to live, Hoosier952. Like many New Yorkers, I often think of packing it in and moving to a quiet and uncrowded lifestyle elsewhere. (I'm sure I never will, though).

If I swivel my head around from my terrace, there are about 20 residential buildings within two blocks of me, all with 23 stories divided into several different sections. There are five schools within those two blocks. All the kids walk to school except those with special needs. There are just too many strangers here to allow a child to go anywhere without a trusted adult. No doubt 99.9% are wonderful people, but as we all know too well, it just takes that one.

I'm thrilled that your children and their friends can grow up more unfettered than ours!

BBM Yes. They said 1:00pm presser and it happened closer to 2.
IMO and in things seen on SM the delay was notifying family members before the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500