Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this crime was planned. I get the feeling it was just a crime of opportunity . JMO

RIP little Miss Faye[/QU

News articles show the path she took from the bus. She would have walked in front of him daily according to diagrams. There is probably a good chance he was aware of her schedule and path, imo, based on proximity. He obviously knew where she lived as well. Click on the diagram to enlarge.

Lord hold this family and community together.

24758574-8004725-image-a-33_1581718841794.jpg

It just sounds too easy the evidence found in the trash can and the suspect dead.
If (IF!) CT was responsible the <modsnip: the item has not been specified in MSM> in the bin might have been his undoing. He wouldn't have been on the radar of police considering his lack of a criminal record imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
If (IF!) CT was responsible the <modsnip: the item has not been specified in MSM> in the bin might have been his undoing. He wouldn't have been on the radar of police considering his lack of a criminal record imo.

But why kill himself? Anyone could have planted <modsnip: item not specified in MSM>. It just sounds too easy, especially now with the interview surfacing with Taylor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct for CT however results for a minor are not publicly available so its up to Faye's family to reveal her cause of death and/or other details. Honestly if she was my daughter I wouldn't want the public knowing how my angel died.
That's a tough one for sure. Curiosity overcomes most of us at times. And to people who have followed the case both here and in the surrounding area, I suppose it's a matter of a "need to know." I'm glad the family is the one to decide what should and should not be available for the public.

Someone murdered her, homicide has been stated, and that's pretty much it. IMO.
I do confess to being curious as to the cause of CT's death.

Last edited:
I wouldnt be surprised if the murderer of little Faye had kiddie *advertiser censored* on his communication devices.

The link I provided earlier concerning 775 cases of child abduction, and murders stated LE is seeing more *advertiser censored* possession by the offenders than in past studies.

Usually these kind of pedophile murderers (and yes, imo, this is the motive in Faye's murder) have long fantasized about sexually assaulting a child. If the offender turns out to live close by he most likely had been surveilling Faye for some time..maybe even taking videos or photos of her with his phone.

I don't think he did this without any premeditation. I think he had been thinking of doing it for some time, and like all these kind of offenders do... he seized on the opportunity when it presented itself when he saw her playing in her own yard.

It wont surprise me either if he was known as a loner or that the neighbors who knew him thought he was a nice guy. They are very crafty in hiding what is really in their sick deviant minds.

As far as him possibly killing himself, imo, he did not do so out of guilt. He took the cowardly way out rather than all of the facts becoming known at trial about what all he made a little tiny girl endure before he murdered her.

Imo, if the offender was able to possess compassion, and empathy he couldn't have kidnapped Faye, defiled her, imo, nor would he be able to look into her sweet face, and murder her.

Imo, it takes the coldest of cold souls to do this to a very innocent terrified child. Imo, he enjoyed the power he had over her.

If it's a suicide which I believe will be the case, he knew they were closing in, and he was going to be exposed as one of the worst of the worst in our society.

He knew it was just a matter of time so he had to control even how his life ended. At least he knew he wouldnt be strapped to a gurney someday, hated just as much then as the day he knew he would be exposed to all as the suspect. He also knew he would be a target when he went to prison.

So while he was strong minded enough, and physically capable to kidnap a small defenseless child..then brutalizing her imo, but he was a coward of what was to come for HIM afterwards.

He knew it wasn't going to be good, and he knew he wouldnt have any control anymore over anyone, most especially himself so he conveniently offed himself rather than facing the truth he knew was coming.

Jmho

Exactly, nearly word for word the conversation my hubby and I had about this guy, right down to the vile contents of his computer/devices. Many of us have seen this too many times. It's like there's a template for this sort of evil act and all these guys follow it.

My heart goes out to her family, and his family too.

I'm curious if the woods where Faye was located are public property or who they belong to? Do they belong to the owner of those apartments/the place where CT lived? Do they belong to Napa?

I don't know that it really matters at all now, but just curious if LE would have even needed a search warrant to search them or if they were public property.

I'm curious if the woods where Faye was located are public property or who they belong to? Do they belong to the owner of those apartments/the place where CT lived? Do they belong to Napa?

I don't know that it really matters at all now, but just curious if LE would have even needed a search warrant to search them or if they were public property.
I assume NAPA only on a hunch as they were forced to close I believe whilst the search was being completed.

I wouldnt be surprised if the murderer of little Faye had kiddie *advertiser censored* on his communication devices.

The link I provided earlier concerning 775 cases of child abduction, and murders stated LE is seeing more *advertiser censored* possession by the offenders than in past studies.

Usually these kind of pedophile murderers (and yes, imo, this is the motive in Faye's murder) have long fantasized about sexually assaulting a child. If the offender turns out to live close by he most likely had been surveilling Faye for some time..maybe even taking videos or photos of her with his phone.

I don't think he did this without any premeditation. I think he had been thinking of doing it for some time, and like all these kind of offenders do... he seized on the opportunity when it presented itself when he saw her playing in her own yard.

It wont surprise me either if he was known as a loner or that the neighbors who knew him thought he was a nice guy. They are very crafty in hiding what is really in their sick deviant minds.

As far as him possibly killing himself, imo, he did not do so out of guilt. He took the cowardly way out rather than all of the facts becoming known at trial about what all he made a little tiny girl endure before he murdered her.

Imo, if the offender was able to possess compassion, and empathy he couldn't have kidnapped Faye, defiled her, imo, nor would he be able to look into her sweet face, and murder her.

Imo, it takes the coldest of cold souls to do this to a very innocent terrified child. Imo, he enjoyed the power he had over her.

If it's a suicide which I believe will be the case, he knew they were closing in, and he was going to be exposed as one of the worst of the worst in our society.

He knew it was just a matter of time so he had to control even how his life ended. At least he knew he wouldnt be strapped to a gurney someday, hated just as much then as the day he knew he would be exposed to all as the suspect. He also knew he would be a target when he went to prison.

So while he was strong minded enough, and physically capable to kidnap a small defenseless child..then brutalizing her imo, but he was a coward of what was to come for HIM afterwards.

He knew it wasn't going to be good, and he knew he wouldnt have any control anymore over anyone, most especially himself so he conveniently offed himself rather than facing the truth he knew was coming.

Jmho

i agree with this 100%. This sounds about right. I know the whole “looks can be deceiving” BUT looking at his recent photo news has shared he appears to be the type that would be targeted in prison and he had no chance on a cushy life behind prison walls. So he took the only easy way out.

Also, IMO... he was quite smart. Like... really smart. He’s a math major.. graduated top of his class. 2 colleges. He’s not your typical predator/offender. But that’s jmho. Hope I don’t get in trouble for that. It’s what my gut tells me.

Do you have a link to the news interview with CT? Was it an interview with him or was he just in the background?
Antley said investigators had talked to Taylor and had been inside his home after Faye was reported missing.
Post #106
Piece of evidence that helped find body of 6-year-old was linked to man also found dead, police say
Faye Swetlik found dead near her home, authorities say

The "critical" piece of evidence that helped authorities find the body of a missing 6-year-old in Cayce, South Carolina was found in a trash can that belonged to the man also found dead in the neighborhood, Sgt. Evan Antley, with the Cayce Public Safety Department, said Friday.

Antley said the cases are linked, but would not go into detail. He did say the evidence that led them to Faye's body was found in a trash can that belonged to Taylor. He would not say what that evidence was, but said it was something that would have been listed on the missing person's flyer.

Antley said Taylor has no criminal history and was not known to law enforcement officers.

"He was not a relative, he was not a friend, he was merely a neighbor that lived in Churchill Heights," Antley said.

Antley said investigators had talked to Taylor and had been inside his home after Faye was reported missing.

Update on 6-year-old Faye Swetlik who was found dead Thursday

i agree with this 100%. This sounds about right. I know the whole “looks can be deceiving” BUT looking at his recent photo news has shared he appears to be the type that would be targeted in prison and he had no chance on a cushy life behind prison walls. So he took the only easy way out.

Also, IMO... he was quite smart. Like... really smart. He’s a math major.. graduated top of his class. 2 colleges. He’s not your typical predator/offender. But that’s jmho. Hope I don’t get in trouble for that. It’s what my gut tells me.
If (IF!) he was the perp I have this feeling he's one of those people who are completely obsessed with crime, serial killers, etc (above and beyond how we all are here on Websleuths) and just wanted to know what it was like to kill someone. I just have this feeling this was not a sex related crime. He may have been delusional and thought he could get away with it. Targeted a child because he is a coward and would be an easy kill compared to someone his own age. But he was in over his head, didn't realise how serious police take missing children cases, didn't realise that his house may be searched, didn't realise that a hair or even one singular drop of blood could do him in, didn't realise child killers are beaten, raped and murdered themselves even in prison, got overwhelmed to the point where suicide was the only escape.

Ted Bundy is an example. Charming, good looks, excelled in law school. His childhood wasnt great though. JMO

I agree that math majors generally are pretty smart and in high school he did well. But I think the bigger issue is why he dropped out of college after 2 years. One year at the local branch of Univ of SC and one year at the main campus in Columbia from what I understand. There are lots of reasons for having to leave college; finances, grades, family issues, personal issues, etc. What exactly was going on with this guy? I fear that unless he left a note behind we may never know why he did this.

Stating that "not all killers are monsters" does not necessarily indicate a defensive element or compassion towards a killer. I read the posts and did not see any indication of that.

If you were not talking about the ability to feel empathy or emotions, then I'm not sure why you would say he is a "monster." I thought that was the part you were not agreeing with.

I just don't think it's fair to call out a particular poster and accuse them of having "compassion" for a child murderer. IIRC, the OP is an anthropologist, so it's not likely their purpose was to "defend" the killer.

Jmo

An adult murdering a six year old is what my nightmares are made up of (I have ten and eight year old daughters). If you don’t call someone who willingly takes the life of a child a monster, I don’t know what one is.

It just sounds too easy the evidence found in the trash can and the suspect dead.

MOO only, I think he saw them find Faye and search his trash before pick up and he knew they were closing in.

Ted Bundy is an example. Charming, good looks, excelled in law school. His childhood wasnt great though. JMO

Ted Bundy was unknown to LE too and he confessed to 30 murders. His girlfriend called LE several times asking if it could be him and they said he had been cleared. Then felt guilty thinking that about him because he was so charming.

Just because CT hasn’t been caught, doesn’t mean he’s never committed a crime. MOO

Last edited:
Ted Bundy was unknown to LE too and he confessed to 30 murders. His girlfriend called LE several times asking if it could be him and they said he had been cleared. Then felt guilty thinking that about him because he was so charming.

Just because CT hasn’t been caught, doesn’t mean he’s never committed a crime.

I wasnt talking about that. Plus, no sp has been named yet so no one can be discussed yet in posts. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998