Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there's no person of interest doesn't mean the case is wrapped up. You don't know if they are still searching for someone unknown who will become a person of interest.
You may be right but stressing that the public had no reason to be concerned caused me to think this was not so.

It seems that LE would be warning people to lock up tight and be on alert if there was a search on.

Looks like we'll know next week.

Websleuths on Twitter
THIS WAS RECORDED ON FEB 14TH 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-FCJUbogxg …

@LeighEgan and @SherylMcCollum join me on the latest
Websleuths YouTube Video. We discuss the cases of Gannon Staunch and Faye Swetlik. These two incredible women do not hold back.
EQ2iMn-U0AcmAVG.jpg

6:04 PM - 15 Feb 2020

Last edited:
You may be right but stressing that the public had no reason to be concerned caused me to think this was not so.

It seems that LE would be warning people to lock up tight and be on alert if there was a search on.

Looks like we'll know next week.

LE almost always says the public is safe. I don't think it means anything. They just do not want to cause a bunch of chaos

The same was said in Delphi and we still don't have an arrest in that case.

This shows one of the windows from CT's address (screenshot from a rental listing). Wonder if anyone watched the police searching trash from this window... or saw LE heading toward the woods.
(edited taking into account no confirmation who is perp)

You need to provide a link to where you found this photo. We have no idea where this picture came from without a link. Thank you.
It's from this rental listing for the 602 Picadilly address mentioned in the news reports. Apologies if this isn't allowed.
602 Picadilly Square, Cayce, SC 29033 - Townhouse for Rent in Cayce, SC | Apartments.com

With respect to darling Faye's dignity, I hope her autopsy report is never released. It would serve no purpose. IF CT is responsible, he's dead and can't be charged so no point in releasing details of the crime other than morbid curiosity. Moo
I really can't imagine the reports being released. I expect the coroner to reveal the cause and manner of death for both Faye and the deceased male on Tuesday. I'd be very surprised if they went into any more detail than that. But, I agree with you 100%.

I guess the coroner can release the autopsy findings of both .

How do you think the male died? I think it was by hanging or gun shot.
I was thinking of something silent -- hanging being the main thought. Seems to me the smallish neighborhood is fairly close, house/apartment-wise, and businesses are also close by -- and then there's the search parties, etc. Someone, IMO, would have heard a gunshot. I feel sure the whole neighborhood would be on high alert for little Faye's return or cry for help, etc. A silent death, IMO, and if done correctly, probably wouldn't take too long. Maybe a voluntary, self-administered OD of some kind -- but I have no idea what would be used to do that. Alcohol OD perhaps. Purposeful allergic reaction -- peanuts, etc., if not hanging.

Adam Mintzer on Twitter
Community members hugging Faye’s Dad and Mom. A family spokesperson tells me they’re incredibly grateful for all the support and prayers. @wis10 #FayeSwetlik
EQ2vitMW4AAvxnu.jpg

EQ2vitoUYAAiwn_.jpg

6:59 PM - 15 Feb 2020
What an amazing turn out. What a wonderful town Cayce is. I think the support and love from the community will so help to comfort the family right now. What has been taken from them is beyond measure.

LE almost always says the public is safe. I don't think it means anything. They just do not want to cause a bunch of chaos

I completely agree. I can't remember a time when LE has stated that a killer is on the loose, so the public shoud be afraid. Like you said they want to avoid mass panic and also maintain the appearance that everything is under control.

That's simply not true. Law enforcement will try to be reassuring when the facts warrant it. If they say the public is safe, as they did in this case when they found Faye, they have good reason.
They may not explain every detail immediately for reasons that should be obvious. In this case they probably had strong reason to believe they knew who committed the crime and that the perpetrator was no longer a threat. They would not be able to share their reasons for those conclusions until more evidence is gathered and confirmed by additional professionals.
As for other cases, provide evidence if you're going to disparage professionals. You might have misunderstood or jumped to the wrong conclusion due a preconceived bias.
If you check carefully, you'll find it is very very rare that law enforcement will behave as you allege. They prepare their whole careers for a tragic day like this, and they want to get it right... as I believe they have here.

With respect to darling Faye's dignity, I hope her autopsy report is never released. It would serve no purpose. IF CT is responsible, he's dead and can't be charged so no point in releasing details of the crime other than morbid curiosity. Moo
I have to respectfully disagree. While I am most certainly 100% on board with respecting this sweet baby girl's dignity, releasing her autopsy report serves the purpose to factually inform the members of her community and the bigger community at large, of the type of crime that exists. The general public deserves to know the truth about crime (or lack of it) in their area.

jmo

I have to respectfully disagree. While I am most certainly 100% on board with respecting this sweet baby girl's dignity, releasing her autopsy report serves the purpose to factually inform the members of her community and the bigger community at large, of the type of crime that exists. The general public deserves to know the truth about crime (or lack of it) in their area.

jmo
ITA, even if it's painful. It's better to have the truth known and also not offer any hope to any criminal that their crimes will be hidden.

Plenty of crimes were "unspoken" over the years....and that doesn't help future victims, doesn't help public taken precautions in their personal lives, etc, etc.

I do understand the details of crimes are painful to learn.

jmo

I completely agree. I can't remember a time when LE has stated that a killer is on the loose, so the public shoud be afraid. Like you said they want to avoid mass panic and also maintain the appearance that everything is under control.

I disagree. There have been many situations when someone is a fugitive and LE warns the public, especially when they inform us that someone is considered "armed and dangerous." If I recall correctly, several years ago when those two prisoners escaped in upstate New York, near Canada, there were warnings from LE that the men could be anywhere, and billboards were erected to warn the public to keep a lookout but not to engage with them. It's not so the public should be afraid; it's rather to judiciously keep the public aware and cautious when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member