Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as leaving for Mexico, I believe Dateline caught them leaving the hotel and trying to catch the airport shuttle. They only were trying to appear like they were going to the beach. You can see the airport shuttle there on the right and Chad looks at it an mouths “sh#t” as he glances at the shuttle bus. I can also make out a lap top computer and items that are very un-beach like in his canvas bag. This is IMO.
Here’s the video
DATELINE NBC EXCLUSIVE: Friday Special Features Footage of Mother of Missing Idaho Children in Hawaii with New Husband

Also LV has a empty water bottle with her. Too fill after security check at the airport on the way to Mexico maybe? Usually you take a full bottle of water to the beach. And we all have heard about drinking the water in Mexico.. IMO

Why in the world would this woman go public w/her story? Especially since she’s supposedly trained and more informed than the average citizen. I understand that she’s frustrated it took so long for anyone to take her seriously. She should be. But if that was Tylee or any other girl in trouble, she’s now given the captors notice that LE is on to them which may make them harder to find. Even worse, she may have set that girl up for a beating or even death.

She says she’s all about helping victims but clearly cares more about getting attention. The FBI has followed up w/her. LE and possibly family are the only ones who should have this information. Stupid, stupid woman. She is not helping.

MOO

Last edited:
As far as leaving for Mexico, I believe Dateline caught them leaving the hotel and trying to catch the airport shuttle. They only were trying to appear like they were going to the beach. You can see the airport shuttle there on the right and Chad looks at it an mouths “sh#t” as he glances at the shuttle bus. I can also make out a lap top computer and items that are very un-beach like in his canvas bag. This is IMO.
Here’s the video
DATELINE NBC EXCLUSIVE: Friday Special Features Footage of Mother of Missing Idaho Children in Hawaii with New Husband
I believe so too. His whole body language changes from the start of the video until it cuts out. At the beginning he manages to briefly smile and nod to the cameraman, but in the brief time he follows them asking where they're going and where are the kids, and by the time they pass the shuttle Chad's become as stiff as a board and Lori is practically dragging him along with a death grip.

I believe so too. His whole body language changes from the start of the video until it cuts out. At the beginning he manages to briefly smile and nod to the cameraman, but in the brief time he follows them asking where they're going and where are the kids, and by the time they pass the shuttle Chad's become as stiff as a board and Lori is practically dragging him along with a death grip.

Thinking about it now, he smiled because he was most likely happy to be approached by a cameraman at that moment and not by LE. IMO

Here’s the video

Hmm... You might be right, although I can't tell what Chad is mouthing. Lori seems to be carrying an empty water bottle. Why would she carry that to the beach instead of discarding it at the hotel? Many people take an empty water bottle through security when they fly so they can fill it up near their gate and not pay airport prices for a tiny bottle water. Seems like Dateline kept Lori and Chad from catching their flight to Mexico. MOO.

Here’s the video

Prepper types of people are more aware than the average public that if they were to fly to Mexico the FBI would know it. I don't think if that was their intent that a camera crew would stop them. They are blatantly flouting the law, they aren't scared of camera crews. I think plans changed for another reason, maybe LE took their passports? Maybe they think that leaving the country might instigate an arrest?

Also LV has a empty water bottle with her. Too fill after security check at the airport on the way to Mexico maybe? Usually you take a full bottle of water to the beach. And we all have heard about drinking the water in Mexico.. IMO

Oops, I totally missed this when I posted the same thing after you. Great minds think alike. ;)
And it must be time for me to go to bed. :p

I don't know. Based on some information available, theoretically it's possible as cadaver dogs are said to be able to detect the presence of a corpse even it's been removed from the location.

However, I don't know how long removed they're able to detect the presence - 1 hour? 1 day? A week? A month? Also how does the environment affect the dog's capability - I've heard that scent dogs (not cadaver dogs specifically) have a harder time accurately finding/tracking a scent trail through a cityscape as opposed to an open field, for example. If there's a lot of foot traffic in and around the storage unit, would that affect things? And could someone hide/cover the scent with harsh chemicals?

I don't know if it applies to people not buried but there are dogs called historic dogs or something like that and they have proven they can detect unmarked graves of people buried 100-3000 years ago.

Friend of Chad Daybell blames Lori Vallow's extreme religious beliefs for the disappearance of her kids

15 Feb 2020

[...]

In the two-hour special, Morrison spoke with one of Chad Daybell's old missionary friends, Benjamin Hyde. He told 'Dateline' that he blames the disappearance of JJ and Tylee on the couple's extreme religious beliefs which focus on a looming doomsday that is predicted to happen this summer.

"I mean imagine what you would do if you had a god speak to you would start feeling a little bit empowered and it looks like that is exactly what happened," he said.

[...]

"It's like why would you stay in this mess of reality if the next life is better," Hyde told 'Dateline'. "That's why I am really afraid for Lori's kids, I would like to think that they are on some kind of compound in a bunker somewhere hunkered down safe but it doesn't look that way does it?"

Friend of Chad Daybell blames Lori Vallow's extreme religious beliefs for the disappearance of her kids

Prepper types of people are more aware than the average public that if they were to fly to Mexico the FBI would know it. I don't think if that was their intent that a camera crew would stop them. They are blatantly flouting the law, they aren't scared of camera crews. I think plans changed for another reason, maybe LE took their passports? Maybe they think that leaving the country might instigate an arrest?

I didn’t say they were afraid of a camera crew , I said it may have stopped them from boarding the shuttle. I heard a rumor today they are now staying at the Marriott. The only hotel on the island with a beach. I just hope they don’t hire a private charter and book it out of there. IMO.

15 Feb 2020

[...]

In the two-hour special, Morrison spoke with one of Chad Daybell's old missionary friends, Benjamin Hyde. He told 'Dateline' that he blames the disappearance of JJ and Tylee on the couple's extreme religious beliefs which focus on a looming doomsday that is predicted to happen this summer.

"I mean imagine what you would do if you had a god speak to you would start feeling a little bit empowered and it looks like that is exactly what happened," he said.

[...]

"It's like why would you stay in this mess of reality if the next life is better," Hyde told 'Dateline'. "That's why I am really afraid for Lori's kids, I would like to think that they are on some kind of compound in a bunker somewhere hunkered down safe but it doesn't look that way does it?"

Isn't this someone who knew him a long time ago? Is there any indication they had still had contact? I find it hard to believe and cannot be convinced, based upon his AVOW group that this is all her. I think his "friend" didn't know him too well.

Isn't this someone who knew him a long time ago? Is there any indication they had still had contact? I find it hard to believe and cannot be convinced, based upon his AVOW group that this is all her. I think his "friend" didn't know him too well.

Correct. I believe BH said he knew Chad for approx 1 year sometime between 1987 and 1989 while Chad was on his Mission in NJ.

The case in Idaho that generated the order to produce the children came from a case where the State of Idaho is the adversarial party to Lori. It is not a case for or by the Grandparents. We have not seen the docket of that case by the State because such proceedings are non-public. It is separate and distinct from the Guardianship case that was filed by the Woodcock's several days after Lori was served. Under Idaho Statutes only State Attorney's (elected in each county) have standing to initiate a Child Welfare case. The Department of Health and Welfare which has the CPS function in Idaho does not have standing to do so. So, this is an action by the State and has nothing to do with Grandparents' rights which is an entirely different matter.

Re: possible scenarios and charges, I'm no attorney, but I wonder if there might not be a different statute under which maybe at least Lori could be charged (kind of like going after Al Capone for tax evasion..)

I think in most states when it comes to child custody there is a legal difference between "legal custody" and "physical custody".

I also think that under certain circumstances (such as the death of both parents at the same time) some states have laws allowing the state to assert a claim of "emergency temporary legal custody" to protect a child from imminent harm.

IF Idaho had such a law and it was applicable, the state may already have "emergency temporary legal custody" of the children - even if they don't have physical custody in the legal or conventional sense. We wouldn't know, as the documents are sealed.

The court's "order to produce" also included an order that the State's Dept. of Health and Welfare produce a report by 2/10.

Lori violated the court order by failing to produce the children on 1/30, which probably only resulted in a contempt of court charge.

But once the Health and Welfare report was received on 2/10, I'm sure the State's Atty considered it (along with other evidence) to determine whether additional charges should be filed against Lori.

IF additional charges were (or are to be) filed, I think it's possible they could be based on Idaho's statute pertaining to "interference with custody" (18-4502).

IF the state had "emergency temporary legal custody" of the children beginning sometime around 2/10, then every day after that which Lori failed to produce the children, she may have been "interfering with custody" - a crime which according to the code is a felony.

In reading the statute, it wasn't clear to me what the specific penalty was for interference with custody, but it's worth noting that the larger section of code under which the interference statute falls pertains to kidnapping. Penalties listed for kidnapping include from 1 to 25 years, life in prison, and even the death penalty, depending on the circumstances. I wonder if a continuing "interference with custody" could be considered kidnapping?

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members