Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, that's only two degrees of separation, as the "spokeswoman" for the El Paso LE and the "investigators" for the El Paso LE, work for the same employer:

Out of curiosity, on what other cases does WS have a policy of ignoring the words of MSM?
I haven’t seen anyone say there’s a policy like this. I do see in this case that police have never said a thing about the actual content of the video or whether or not they confirm what’s on it. In fact, they keep having to remind the press of what they actually said.
I believe it was on Friday in the Q&A that a reporter claimed they said Gannon was a runaway/on a particular timeline blah blah and the spokesperson stopped her and she wanted to make very clear that LE received a third party report of this.
I can only imagine how frustrating this is at this stage of this investigation.

I don't think he was ill and I think someone close and in power harmed him. But there have been many comments that have alluded to the sick and going out later in the day. I decided to weigh in here with some reasons that might change the "sick and can't go any where" thinking. This response is not directed at @Skillz but is more because I have been thinking about this for awhile.

I agree about home from school and you stay in with one or two exceptions. I have a child who has issues with constipation that are medicine related. When things are stopped up and we use medication to relieve, I might not send them to school because getting the bathroom when things kick in can be difficult in school and accidents might happen if there is a delay or my child is uncomfortable asking for a pass. Some school bathrooms are uncomfortable for kids with belly issues. It is not uncommon for my child to get relief and not go in late to school because of peer questions or having to have written excuse. Second reason my child(ren) might miss school is inability to sleep from anxiety the previous night. Like or not some children have issues that are related to medications or mental health that are not "in bed and sick" but chronic problems that might flare at times. They aren't contagious and when the issue resolves during the day it is not fair to punish them by saying, "You were out of school so you can't got to a friends after school." It is always important to balance avoidance of school, sick, and manipulation in regard to these kinds of issues but for some kids they do exist and are very real.

Would you think the selfsame kid with the same issues would be a good candidate for a four-hour car ride, though?

As someone who used to have terrible stomach trouble herself, I don't. It took years to find the right combination of fiber and softener (sorry for TMI), and really the only way I ever solved the problem was to move closer to my job, because experimenting much with these selfsame remedies when I was stuck on a minimum 25-minute subway ride commute and didn't know how I would react to them, was not an option.

Community members offering to help, in any way they can. Heartwarming to hear.

Neighbors in Douglas County willing to help in the search for missing Gannon Stauch

"Nick Gable lives next to the property where the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has set up a command post for all agencies involved in the search. He says they haven't been to his property yet, but he offered to help once he realized why they were in the area."

"I did go over to extend anything I could possibly do, extended my four-wheeler if they could possibly use it to cover more ground or anything like that," said Gable."
I wonder if he has WIFI and if it picked any devices searching for a connection, around the time Gannon went missing. If so if it would still be on record. Also interested if he has any video that may have picked anything.

I have a question, and please forgive me if this has already been discussed ad nauseum:

If other video or proof of GS not returning to the home after the 4 hours, wouldn't LE have changed the time frame of disappearance?
Again, very sorry if already discussed

bbm in red

That does not confirm that "Drayton's description of what the footage purportedly shows" is accurate to what actually occurred.

In essence, LE does not dispute that RD described what he saw, not that what RD described is actually what happened.

Upon initial review it appears only SM exits the truck, but if you go beyond basic viewing of the video and examine all areas shown in the video we do see other elements that might suggest things might not be what they seem (upon initial, basic review). I, and other individuals, see shadows both above and below the vehicle proper.

Therefore, I am reserved in defining exactly only what is directly observable (that only SM exited) and remain open to the possibility that someone (assumed GS since we assume it was he who entered the vehicle earlier) GS exited the other side.

LE has not definitively commented that GS did not exit the vehicle. If I missed that, please provide a link.

ETA: spelling
You missed the principle behind the paragraph that you cut off.

"A spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Department said investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton’s description of what the footage purportedly shows."

Good because last week is the first time I’ve ever tried to navigate on maps. I have no idea what I’m doing, how to drop a pin whatever that is. Or add stops in to show the whole picture. I’ve been hoping someone would jump in and help. Admittedly from the beginning, I’ve said east west north south. It’s all the same to me. I’m directionally challenged. My husband says I can’t find my way out of a paper bag. Here’s another stab at it to avoid the subtle approach I’ve been putting out for awhile. Here’s to throwing all that to the wind and going for it:

Mandan Dr to Petco

Petco to 2940 N Circle Dr

2940 N Circle Dr to Sierra Pines Ln
Nice work.Well done you! And, thanks.

I keep checking news reporters' twitter accounts, especially this one.

Her video from yesterday showing the search "in the same area, second day in a row" is in Nicole Fierro's twitter account ( below )

Nicole Fierro

@FierroNicole

·
19h

GANNON UPDATE: Sheriff’s office tells me more than 100 people are out here searching today. They are focusing on the same area as yesterday. The Sheriff's Office has received 540 tips to date.

Nicole Fierro on Twitter

Made what comment?
When the neighbor's video was leaked to the media, the very first response from the sheriff's office was that they do not dispute what the neighbor said was on the video. At first, all the MSM articles that were covering it, said the same thing, word for word (and all were linked here at the time).

THEN, they (LE) came out with another statement, saying they were not going to comment on the video, that they never wanted the video released to the media, and that it's a part of their ongoing investigation. At that time, some articles were edited to remove their first comment about it, and some news stations deleted the video from their articles. All of this was discussed at the time, and linked, etc.

I don't care to beat a dead horse any more than the next person, but I do believe it's important to post facts.
Which was the only reason I ever brought it up again today, because someone asked.
I hope that helps, and I hope now we can move on from this frustrating topic.
:)

Question for a local person..is there somw logical destination where would a person from Colorado Springs be going to driving north on 105?
Is there an attraction north of there? Special shopping? Would someone end up on 105 having missed a turn off for the Spruce Mtn. Open Space?

Just a reminder to those that are new, anything discussed in “the basement” (scanner threads, etc.) *cannot* be discussed here in the public forum.

Also, in the scanner threads, it’s best to avoid unnecessary chit chat. If you DO wish to make a comment on the scanner thread, it’s traditional to put parentheses or brackets around your comment [like this] so readers know these are your thoughts and not something heard on the scanner.

Hope this helps.

(That said, I just peeked. There’s doesn’t seem to be much happening on the public scanners. However, it’s not unusual for LE to switch to encrypted channels.)

If my child wants to stay home from school, sick or not, I usually let him. He doesn't ask often and he's not struggling academically. He could play at a friend's in the afternoon if he wanted. I'm not sure how relevant that is here, though. It seems this situation was much darker than a kid staying home with a simple stomach ache. MOO

Gannon, you deserve better.
I homeschool now, but I remember having several in school...it is often a highly stressful environment and kids need a break. I wonder though, was it G idea to stay home? Hers?

Hi chuck u seem to have all of WS disputing u today. Just curious does your theory leave open the potential for a happy ending? Or does even your personal theory still bring us to a very devastating ending?
At this point I can not fathom a possibility that GS might come home 'safe and sound'. My reasoning is I find it unlikely that a someone would be keeping GS 'safe' at another location in order to protect him from his home life. We have no long-term info on his home life. Also, if GS were outright kidnapped I can not imagine the perp would allow GS to return safe and report with whom he was with and for what purpose.

Then, we have the person who is reported to have last seen GS...

I do not dispute SM's presentations seem off-kilter, and I do not dispute the stories presented seems all over the place but I take all that in context of what is typical in most any such cases: LE keeps information close to the vest and what little we think we know typically is so disparate and disjointed that it is impossible to lay out a factual progression of a timeline, events, reasons and results of action so that we may factually conclude what occurred. What we think we know seems to tilt the responsibility of what happened to GS toward one individual and it may in fact be accurate, but IMO, that info is not yet verified to contain enough fact to accuse that someone of having committed such a severe crime.

The point is: We do not know. We do not know. We do not know. Everything at this point is speculation based on assumption sprinkled with highly-grated fact-pieces... fact-pieces not large enough with which to bake a full-sized evidence cake.

So many crumbs, and some of those crumbs might not even belong to this cake.

Opinions are a dime-a-dozen, and given with what little assumed-facts we have, are about as worthless as teats-on-a-bull.

Would you think the selfsame kid with the same issues would be a good candidate for a four-hour car ride, though?

As someone who used to have terrible stomach trouble herself, I don't. It took years to find the right combination of fiber and softener (sorry for TMI), and really the only way I ever solved the problem was to move closer to my job, because experimenting much with these selfsame remedies when I was stuck on a minimum 25-minute subway ride commute and didn't know how I would react to them, was not an option.

I am not asserting that this was the reason that Gannon was home. I am just saying that there are reasons kids stay home from school and are okay to play with peers in the afternoon. That's all.

We had days where the remedy has kicked in at 11 am. With constipation, there is no further need to be on bed rest. We have done errands after the bathroom issues was resolved. If it hasn't, my kid is not going anywhere.

As an adult, we don't get the luxury of staying home when things like constipation hit. We have to make do. But, for kids, it is very important to be supportive and help them out by changing diet, finding a balance with over the counter meds or prescription meds, and not creating shame about the situation.

I just wanted to add another voice to this belief that "out sick=not going out in the afternoon." That said, I don't think this was the issue in this case. I think he was harmed by someone close to him.

I further think that Gannon was not in the car for 4 hours. Unfortunately, I think he was out of that truck by noon.

And how did he leave the house without being picked up on neighbors surveillance video?

Through the side gate, since he had a key.

In this alternate set of events, Gannon leaves and is either picked up by someone he knows, picked up by a stranger, or goes to a friend's house and then leaves and goes somewhere else (all of this without anyone in the neighborhood noticing or if they noticed, LE has asked them not to talk about it).

How that led to the 5 days of searching in one locale is mystifying.

However, see this:

You missed the principle behind the paragraph that you cut off.

"A spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Department said investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton’s description of what the footage purportedly shows."

You may need to repost that about every 5 pages here...

When the neighbor's video was leaked to the media, the very first response from the sheriff's office was that they do not dispute what the neighbor said was on the video. At first, all the MSM articles that were covering it, said the same thing, word for word (and all were linked here at the time).

THEN, they (LE) came out with another statement, saying they were not going to comment on the video, that they never wanted the video released to the media, and that it's a part of their ongoing investigation. At that time, some articles were edited to remove their first comment about it, and some news stations deleted the video from their articles. All of this was discussed at the time, and linked, etc.

I don't care to beat a dead horse any more than the next person, but I do believe it's important to post facts.
Which was the only reason I ever brought it up again today, because someone asked.
I hope that helps, and I hope now we can move on from this frustrating topic.
:)

“I just kept searching and I saw where she came back,” Drayton recalled. “And he didn’t get out of the vehicle. So, she came back by herself about four hours later.”

Jackie Kirby, an El Paso County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman, did not dispute Drayton’s account of what was on the video but warned that is only a part of a much bigger investigation.

“This is just one piece in a very, very, very large puzzle,” she told ABC News.

Letecia Stauch has meanwhile repeatedly denied playing a role in her stepson’s disappearance.

“I would never ever hurt this child,” she told KKTV.

Neighbor’s surveillance video provides new clues in disappearance of 11-year-old Colorado boy

Proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member