Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know exactly why they do it, but several of our neighbors do it. I know why they don't want their trucks or cars on the street (several have been slammed into, plus, it's considered tacky - although tons of people do that too). It's often the newer big trucks that get backed in.

My daughter says her friends do it so that they can "get away" quickly from where they are and they won't run over anyone when they back out (!) It's true that when a truck is lifted, you can't see what's immediately below the bumper all that well - but backing in doesn't help much. Maybe the length of some of these vehicles means they can't see down the sidewalk so well? I wish I knew!

(I'm going to run outside and do a quick experiment to see if I could see down the sidewalk when backing if I had a longer vehicle...)

Appreciate your take. I see so many backing into spaces, whether it be a supermarket, mall, parking garage. Perhaps it is visibility. I don't know why it irritates me lol. Nefarious reasons aside of course.

I wonder if it would be possible to create some kind of scoring system for rating the level of concern that a suspect should create, based on red flags they have given out with their behaviour since a person went missing? Much of this would be based on the actions that Peter Hyatt looks for (although not all, as statement analysis is obviously only one aspect of investigating).

For example..

1. Speaks of victim in past tense
2. Shows disinclination to refer to victim by name
3. Shows no concern about what the person is currently going through
4. Is eager to self-justify behaviour
5. Draws attention to own acts of kindness
6. Does not want to be interviewed on camera
7. Draws attention to victim's traits
8. Mentions water when interviewed
9. Is disinclined to join any search parties physically
10. Changes story as evidence is uncovered

Etc, etc.

I'm sure that a group of experienced sleuthers, those of you who have been doing this sort of thing for years, could come up with a much longer and probably more relevant list of red flags.

Does anybody think that a system such as this could be, in some way, beneficial? At the moment, people just bring up individual red flags to support their argument in a post ('I think X is guilty, because they keep talking about Y and not Z').

A well-devised system would offer a degree of protection to accused individuals who have actually given off very few red flags, but who are perhaps facing unfair scrutiny due to having a personality that a lot of people just don't like.

Have we yet reached a point where we can look at this sort of thing in a more data-driven/scientific way, or do people prefer to trust their gut more than a set of numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard