Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re spot on about the cut story, in that she was trying to protect herself in the event law enforcement found blood in the garage.

In regards to that alleged Google search, her motivation would have been different. She was trying to leave a false trail, and guide law enforcement to the conclusion that Gannon ran away.

It appears to have worked, if only briefly.

Ironically, it was hearing about that search that immediately pushed me to the conclusion that he didn’t run away, and SM had staged the scene.

“Gannon didn’t come home from his friend’s house, let me check his Google history...” Just way too damn weird and convenient.

That’s why I thought she was lying, even before she ever spoke.
I think the Google search was a) to position runaway story and b) she wanted to know the answer for her own phone

I think there are multiple reasons for publicizing the tip count. LE are the first to state that they investigate every lead or tip while having to also remind the public that social media is not a source for credible information and how reporting tips from alternative news sources takes a lot of valuable time and manpower away from an investigation.

Personally, I don't think a perp listens about the tip count and only counts the number of days they are getting away with a crime and how time will be their friend with both for destroying forensic evidence determining manner and cause of death. MOO

Agreed. If anything, a perp might actually find the spiralling tip count reassuring. It just creates more fog and indicates that LE just don't have the answers yet. And yes just as the chances of finding a missing child diminish by the minute, the chances of getting away with a crime increase with each day you spend at liberty.

I
Why is LE so pushing the tip count with each update point? A tactic to attempt to rattle a perp?

just my opinion: 1) I think LE wants to give the impression that active tips are coming in. Why? Perhaps to rattle any unnamed POIs. Perhaps to reassure others who think they have relevant info, that others are talking and therefore, it’s safe for them to do the same. An increase in the number of tips suggests that new info is still coming in.

Thanks, I was not aware of that (regarding Peter Hyatt). Actually I have no experience with any of this sort of thing and most of what I post is likely to be typical of newbies. I just watch far too much crime stuff on Youtube, when I should really be doing something more productive!

If established members of the forum want to pass on what I wrote to suitable members of Websleuth's staff then by all means do so. It's likely to carry far more weight if delivered by old hands, rather than a Johnny-come-lately poster.

I think it's something that would take a lot of work, as some red flags are presumably far more important than others and so any scoring system would have to be weighted. That, I'm sure, would involve a great deal of heated debate. It's not something I am at all qualified to contribute to.
I don't favor it personally. There are way too many variables. I know I am frequently understood here because of the way I use language.
Different cultures, accents dialects means that for me statement analysis is only of very minor interest to no interest at all. It's value is extraordinarily limited.
In relation to other kinds of data bases, I suppose we have them in cases and we learn a lot from each case we work on. The ethos here is victim friendly and it keeps us on the straight and narrow, working with facts and speculating on facts. I suppose we learn to think in certain ways.
You're really welcome to Websleuths and I hope you enjoy it here.

Lol! If you think about it, how does she know she was the last person to see him?

° Went to a friend's
° Think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching
°From day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with.

HOW does she know she was the last person to see him?

Because she WAS the last person to see him, and those 3 bullet points above are lies.

I’ve been saying this from the beginning. For me the case was closed that moment. But we need to wait for LE to compile the proof. It may take time but it’s coming.

Why is LE so pushing the tip count with each update point? A tactic to attempt to rattle a perp?
I think it's just standard procedure for LE to include the amount of tips with every update.
It does seem like there has been a significant increase in the last few days. I don't know what that means but I hope it's a good sign. Jmo

SM could have driven to many locations that Monday, stopping at each for a period of time (10-20 minutes each?) and maybe only one location might contain precious and/or relevant evidence.

The *advertiser censored* and Go report: I am not sure who originally reported the sighting. Given what little has been reported about it I can only assume LE drove SM to the store to view surveillance video to confirm whether or not it was GS. There was video of a child at the location so I wonder by whom and how that 'sighting' was reported?

Was it a friend or stranger who contacted SM or LE about the sighting? If so, how did they know GS was missing?

My post regarding that supposed sighting should have been that the release was made by the Sm, however LE stated both report and release were false

I think there are multiple reasons for publicizing the tip count. LE are the first to state that they investigate every lead or tip while having to also remind the public that social media is not a source for credible information and how reporting tips from alternative news sources takes a lot of valuable time and manpower away from an investigation.

Personally, I don't think a perp listens about the tip count and only counts the number of days they are getting away with a crime and how time will be their friend for both destroying forensic evidence and determining manner and cause of death. MOO
I would think a perp might get a little nervous after seeing what LE added to their tip count yesterday (2/15) :

“ These tips include possible sightings, search suggestions, social media related information, suspicious activity, found property/possible evidence and video/photo/drone evidence.“

Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case

I think including the tip count gives the public two things: 1) the investigation is active and no stone will be unturned to find this young boy, and 2) combined with the targeted search area it does let any bad actor know that they are getting information (and adding to their evidence possibly) to keep narrowing their timeline, search area and they will connect any information to other information to find this boy. It is also effective because so many people want this to be over with finding Gannon.

My post regarding that supposed sighting should have been that the release was made by the Sm, however LE stated both report and release were false
I know the reported sighting turned out not to be GS. My point is, who reported it originally? How did they know GS was missing? I did not locate any MSM or LE statement that indicated who was the original reporter of that sighting.

Lol! If you think about it, how does she know she was the last person to see him?

° Went to a friend's
° Think of any suspicious cars that may have been in the area watching
°From day one the Sheriff's office has known a description of the person/friend whom Gannon left with.

HOW does she know she was the last person to see him?

Because she WAS the last person to see him, and those 3 bullet points above are lies.

This got me thinking. If she believes he ran away, then why had she never made any appeals for him to come home, offering him assurance that no one is mad at him?

If she believes he was kidnapped, then why no appeals to the kidnappers to release him?

Instead, she’s gone from he ran away, to implying that he was kidnapped. It’s nothing if not half-assed.

She knows exactly what happened, because she did it to him. And she’s not fooling anyone.

When I was a kid, a babysitter was watching me and two siblings at her home while our mom worked. My 5yo brother and the babysitter's son had some sort of altercation, and the babysitter punched my brother in the stomach. The babysitter made a deal with my brother that she would take us to a nearby amusement park if he promised not to tell our mom. He agreed and she took us. He told our mom anyway, later that night (good job, brother). This story came to mind while I was thinking of Gannon... because it seems like maybe he is missing because someone was afraid he would tell on them, and made sure he never got the chance. I wish he'd gotten a trip to Disneyland and a chance to tell his story.

My nephew lives 40 miles away from Gannon's home. He starts his vacation tomorrow for finally a 3 week break from work that he hasn't had in 4 years. He also has 8 other good friends that want to volunteer to help out with any search starting tomorrow.
For a 26 year old young man, no children that wants Gannon found an giving up his vacation speaks volumes.
He is overwhelmed with sadness over his disappearance. He says a vast majority of people do believe that SM is to blame.
He has been praying like all of us that Gannon is found one way or another. He says Everyone needs to keep hope alive for Gannon.
❤❤❤

I know the reported sighting turned out not to be GS. My point is, who reported it originally? How did they know GS was missing? I did not locate any MSM or LE statement that indicated who was the original reporter of that sighting.

LE didn’t say who made the initial report, just that it was false.

This got me thinking. If she believes he ran away, then why had she never made any appeals for him to come home, offering him assurance that no one is mad at him?

If she believes he was kidnapped, then why no appeals to the kidnappers to release him?

Instead, she’s gone from he ran away, to implying that he was kidnapped. It’s nothing if not half-assed.

She knows exactly what happened, because she did it to him. And she’s not fooling anyone.

Spot on. Every word.

JMVHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members