Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I did actually mention Peter Hyatt in the post. The idea only came to me after watching and re-watching all of his videos, as I'm sure most of you have also done. Some red flags won't be covered by statement analysis though. An example would be refusing to show one's face on camera, when being interviewed.

To me that's a red flag, although an experienced sleuther might well disagree. My point was to ask if it would not be possible to create a scoring system based on all red flags that experienced sleuthers believed to be relevant (?). Much of this would be from statement analysis, but presumably not all. Some suspects may not even provide a statement.
I have some issues about statement analysis but IMO there are some "red flags" that appear frequently in cases we follow here. Declining to show one's face on camera while agreeing to an interview is one. Using past tense when referring to the missing person is another. I do believe there is such a thing as "leakage" and subconscious guilt admissions.

One that I don't hear in SA is when a person claims to be "a good parent" although I've seen it scrutinized in more subtle statements. I mention this because of LS's bashing of Gannon's bio mom, when she talked about LH abandoning Gannon, etc.

IMO there's no need to do such an awful thing unless it's highly sensitive in her mind. There's nothing to be gained by demeaning a biological parent in a missing child case. The priority should always be the missing child - not how social media is attacking or feeling pressured to explain or excuse one's action.

It's always about the child and no one else IMO! MOO.

One that I don't hear in SA is when a person claims to be "a good parent" although I've seen it scrutinized in more subtle statements. I mention this because of LS's bashing of Gannon's bio mom, when she talked about LH abandoning Gannon, etc.

IMO there's no need to do such an awful thing unless it's highly sensitive in her mind. There's nothing to be gained by demeaning a biological parent in a missing child case. The priority should always be the missing child - not how social media is attacking or feeling pressured to explain or excuse one's action.

SBM:

I call statements like that "telling not showing", to use a dramatic criticism; or for the non-writer, the "talk is cheap" principle. IMO, good parents don't need to be chirping about how they're good parents; their qualification as such should be shown in how the children under their care respond to and treat them.

I agree; I've used the term "good to go" in gaming also. IMO it doesn't mean anything nefarious.
I don't think it was being suggested that the phrase has any inherent nefarious meaning, nor that the person saying it was consciously giving any hidden clues.

What I think was being suggested was that, if that phrase "good to go" had been seen recently by that person, such as on the products of a company with that name, that the person might subconsciously use that phrase rather than any other similar-meaning phrase. I notice myself doing this -- using phrases that are on my mind for other reasons.

In that sense it could be a possible lead to track, though nothing tangible or accusatory (that's not the right word but I'm drawing a blank)

IMO MOO

would a 4wd such as hers or a vehicle such as the VW have been able to comfortably reach the site without having had to walk , did you notice by any chance, please?

That’s something that has bothered me about this location since the search began. Of course any vehicle would be fine on Highway 105, a two-lane paved road.

But all side roads where they are searching are driveways to private homes. The homes are on large acreage (35-40 acres) but it seems risky to dump a body or evidence (or heaven forbid, commit a murder) in that area in the middle of the day. There might have been isolated spots that wouldn’t be seen from the highway or a house but you would have to be fully aware of every line of sight to your location.

To answer your question, either vehicle would have been fine on the highway or driveways that day since the weather was nice and there wasn’t snow on the ground.

I'm curious if the rising tip count coincides with searches done farther away from the home and/or the neighbor's surveillance footage that was released? I'm curious if it could have prompted others farther away to have a look at their security footage for either Gannon himself or vehicles that matched those belonging to the family?

Also wanted to note from the last closed thread. Not all of us back in our trucks for nefarious purposes. Backing into a street, especially with others parked on the street is tough in a truck. You can't really see what's coming until it's too late. It's also easier to make sharp turns backing in than it is pulling forward. I can back the 4 door long bed truck on a dime, but I'll take out the neighboring parked cars on both sides if I try to pull in. However, I absolutely believe that there was a real need for the truck to be backed in that day and I suspect it was due to limit the number of eyes seeing him getting in the truck. Maybe I'm wrong, but I honestly don't feel like someone who had overreacted and caused harm would be thinking about that in the moment, but rather it points to a whole lot of premeditation.

And thinking in those terms made me wonder what the area they were hiking in was like. Is there any possibility the terrain was harsh enough that an "accidental" fall could be written off as an unfortunate tragedy? Yuck, I don't like where my thinking is on the possibilities.

all jmo but looking at the neighbors video on my big tv i noticed something i had never caught the other times i watch it..right as Gannon opened the door he clearly drops something..has anyone else caught that?
I did notice that I did notice that it look more like he was clearing out the back seat and stuff fell out of the car onto the ground

That’s something that has bothered me about this location since the search began. Of course any vehicle would be fine on Highway 105, a two-lane paved road.

But all side roads where they are searching are driveways to private homes. The homes are on large acreage (35-40 acres) but it seems risky to dump a body or evidence (or heaven forbid, commit a murder) in that area in the middle of the day. There might have been isolated spots that wouldn’t be seen from the highway or a house but you would have to be fully aware of every line of sight to your location.

To answer your question, either vehicle would have been fine on the highway or driveways that day since the weather was nice and there wasn’t snow on the ground.
Thanks Silverheels.
Yes, very strange indeed...
I cannot even begin to fathom .

Did a certain someone give her first broadcast interview with her back to the camera because she didn't want certain people to recognize her, and not necessarily because she might be recognized on the street in the future, but that she might be recognized from a previous encounter(s), as in, hiding from a past?

Just speculating. Speculating.........

I have some issues about statement analysis but IMO there are some "red flags" that appear frequently in cases we follow here. Declining to show one's face on camera while agreeing to an interview is one. Using past tense when referring to the missing person is another. I do believe there is such a thing as "leakage" and subconscious guilt admissions.

Yes, in fact just about everytime she talks about Gannon it's always in relation to what a good parent she is compared to his mom.

The kids make her flower pots so she must be a great mother. She bought Gannon a Sonic shirt to wear when he comes back. I think she only mentioned that because LH was the first to say that Gannon loved Sonic and wanted to see the movie. She was trying to upstage her by going a step further.

Even the statement about being 'kind to each other like Gannon would do' is about her. People are saying mean things about her on SM so she's calling on LE to put an end to it! How dare people criticize her after all she's done for this child?

Where is the concern for his safety and what he might be going through?
I can't imagine what it must have been like for Gannon to have such a vindictive selfish person as a parent for the last two years.

Imo

My personal belief is that that level of premeditation would imply a level of planning that would kind of negate the level of story-switching we're seeing here.

I wavered back and forth on that thought too, but just because it was planned beforehand wouldn't necessarily mean the entire process was planned or if it was, planned well.

Could the stories be stemming from paranoia at all?

Early on, LE had enough probable cause to impound the white car. Why?

What's our theory?

JMO

She said something in her statement to the media about bandaging up Gannon's cut foot on the "edge" of a car. Maybe they swabbed something that looked like blood and then got lab results back that enticed them to take the car into evidence. Or maybe they uncovered evidence in the garage or home early on that made them want to look more closely at the vehicles. Possible theory? JMO
It would be interesting to know if they've taken any of the other household vehicles into evidence. Especially the one that they apparently left in on Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes