Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not. It’s supposed to clear up in the area they were searching yesterday and not snow there again until Wed afternoon/evening. IMO they may have a slow start today because of road conditions & wrecks ..not snow. This video is from a Denver station. The search area, Larkspur is halfway between Castle Rock and Monument .
Marty Coniglio on Twitter
It's snowing heavily.

On intact remains, what is metallic and what is not?
Metallic:
  • Shoe lace eyelets
  • Jewelry
  • Coins
  • Keys
  • Electronic components to include cell phone, game systems, headphones, game module (switch), etc.
Not Metalic:
  • Buttons
  • Shoe lace
  • Credit card
  • Access card
You all can add to the list.

Assuming there was already snow on the ground in the "sifting area" at the time Gannon went missing, it could be there were matching tire tread patterns (SM's red truck) in that little drive. Possibly faint footprints leading up that little bank behind the fence. That little green fence is not shown on Google maps. It might have been placed by the searchers to contain anything sliding off that snowy hill. I'm wondering if that private driveway just south of the search at Perry Park/Sierra Pines has a camera on it. If so, it's likely pointing right towards that area.

I haven't heard anything regarding the whereabouts of AS and SM's youngest daughter on the day of disappearance. Surely she wasn't left home alone..... Thoughts?

On intact remains, what is metallic and what is not?
Metallic:
  • Shoe lace eyelets
  • Jewelry
  • Coins
  • Keys
  • Electronic components to include cell phone, game systems, headphones, game module (switch), etc.
Not Metalic:
  • Buttons
  • Shoe lace
  • Credit card
  • Access card
You all can add to the list.

Thanks for that. I would add that the original "missing posters", sketchy as they are, contained the information that Gannon was not known to have a bank or credit card on his person when he disappeared.

Assuming there was already snow on the ground in the "sifting area" at the time Gannon went missing, it could be there were matching tire tread patterns (SM's red truck) in that little drive. Possibly faint footprints leading up that little bank behind the fence. That little green fence is not shown on Google maps. It might have been placed by the searchers to contain anything sliding off that snowy hill. I'm wondering if that private driveway just south of the search at Perry Park/Sierra Pines has a camera on it. If so, it's likely pointing right towards that area.
I believe that green fence has been in place for months, well before the search. Someone can correct me if not.

Where would TS obtain a wood chipper?
I should have clarified my post. I don’t think this is a likely scenario due to time constraints and availability of resources. I was searching online for times when law enforcement has used the forensic tool of “sifting snow” for evidence addressing the thread’s current topic . The linked article popped up as the only reference I could find. I apologize I wrote a post offending Gannon’s family, friends and online supporters. This wasn’t my intent. I’m trying to help.

They could be sifting for anything related and not one thing in particular. She could have thrown certain things out the truck window because the searchers are looking so close to the road. Does anybody know if they're using metal detectors?

That poor little boy and what he must have gone through. She's wicked and evil and is a pathological liar from what I've read about her.

Here for Gannon.

So, assuming that CO would get only the finest metal detector operators (as I am saying here), what, in your experienced opinion, is the point of the sifting search, if it is not to look for only organic material?

Yes, this has been my point from the beginning regarding the sifting. I believe they were sifting for hair, fiber, cigarette butts, tissue, rags/cloth, clothing, plastic, wood, foreign dirt or organic material.

I should have clarified my post. I don’t think this is a likely scenario due to time constraints and availability of resources. I was searching online for times when law enforcement has used the forensic tool of “sifting snow” for evidence addressing the thread’s current topic . The linked article popped up as the only reference I could find. I apologize I wrote a post offending Gannon’s family, friends and online supporters. This wasn’t my intent. I’m trying to help.

Fret not, ima. I understood perfectly well that you meant that LE could be searching for strands of hair, teeth, etc., brought in and left over by any reason; not that the hair, teeth, etc. could only have been brought to the place where they were, via a woodchipper having been employed. Good Lord.

So, assuming that CO would get only the finest metal detector operators (as I am saying here), what, in your experienced opinion, is the point of the sifting search, if it is not to look for only organic material?

Respectfully snipped.

Most LE departments have a very basic Garrett CSI or CSI Pro. They are good for shell casings and other items on or near the surface. Generally very basic training if any.

I have been here for many years but rarely jump in on the conversations. Just wanted to let you all know that I read every thread, every day, and that I'm here for Gannon!
There are many of us that read and don’t comment. I am always so far behind. I should do what someone else suggested..start at the newest and read backwards on the pages. Also here for Gannon. May today be the day and hoping the searchers are not hampered by the weather.

I can't be sure as I don't pay that close attention to highway plowing but the plows come through, bank up the snow, that's it. Certainly there is someone who knows more than I do. People just need to drive 105, not park on it, so I have only seen snow plows.
It works here the same way - plow & bank, all from one pass. Once in a blue moon I'll see smaller plows working on the banks but that's not a common thing.

Replying to myself to add that NOW all schools have updated their status to Closed. We have 5 inches so far at my house in Security.
More time for some people" who watch crime shows" to stay home, and be "internet detectives" and slueth,slueth,Sleuth. Maybe they'll catch something others haven't and call the tip line.
MOO

Good morning, WS. I'm here for Gannon and sending heartfelt thanks and prayers to all the agencies assisting in the search for him. May his parents find comfort, peace, and information soon!

I first woke up three hours ago and it had stopped snowing but my yard easily had 2 inches of fresh fluffy snow. It started snowing here again about an hour ago and now I'm up to about 5 inches. Still snowing but not frigid temps. Last I heard the college campus (my appointed place to go this morning) is only on a two hour delay so hopefully that means the weather will be clearing out, giving LE the ability to safely get back to work to finish their task at hand.

Edited to add: campus now closed for the day.. danggit, weather report must not be going to get better :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member