Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet children can appear happy in pictures and still be suffering from physical or mental abuse.

It's not from Gannon himself, but from the stepmother's own words that indicate her lack of concern for him. If she can be so emotionless about her missing stepson when she doesn't know if he is suffering then how did she treat him when he was around?

Jmo
I just can't make that leap MsBetsy. She could have been a cold stepmother who was ultimately glad when he disappeared. She could have been hurt and scared to have been essentially made a persona non grata at her own home, by her own husband, and having biomom move in when she may have had a colored past with biomom, and biomom with her. She could have beaten him up all the time, which I doubt because little sis would have told Dad. She could have turned into a complete monster over the weekend (insert things we can't mention here), and hit him, pushed him in the wrong way. Or not. I just think that something would have surfaced before 2 years if there was abuse in the home. So I can't make that leap from the apparent lack of concern she showed in the video for assuming she usually treated him badly.

One thing I did notice in the video is how close SM pulls in to the other car in the drive way when she and GS both get into the car. Possibly why GS has to get in on the driver side? When SM returns, she has to back into the spot several times before she finally parks and she appears to be further away from the other vehicle in the drive way. I agree, I don't see any shadows, but why take such care to park further away from the other vehicle if no one else was exiting the truck?
Yes about the positioning of the truck to allow for someone getting out that side. And I don't know if the truck was hers or AS's, same with SUV, but some people go ballistic if doors get dings in the paint job. (Insert another very long story here, re men going ballistic at paint dings!)

I doubt we would be here at this juncture of the investigation if he did get out on the other side of the truck. Especially if it was picked up on other video. I also doubt AS would have had the reaction he had. I also doubt LS would have so many different versions of one story if Gannon did get out on the other side of the truck. I guess it depends on which version you choose to buy.
MOO

Exactly. Gannon was never seen again and LE is searching for him in another county. I think we can assume he did not get out.

LE also has access to CLEAR and CONTINUOUS video.

We can speculate or quibble all we want. LE knows WHAT WE DON'T KNOW. They don't have to guess.

JMO

THANK YOU. I have full confidence in LE on this particular item. Why are we second-guessing this when we don't have the information or view they have?
(edited to add we)
MOO

This might not be who you’re talking about. Ayla Reynolds
immediately came to my mind:

“We don't know what happened other than we know Ayla didn't walk out on her own, and we have grave doubts she was abducted because there were three adults in the home that night (and) it's a very small house."
No one has been arrested in the case, and police have not identified Justin DiPietro or anyone else as a suspect.
"We're not ruling anyone in or anyone out," McCausland said.
Police confirm that Justin DiPietro took a polygraph test, but won't reveal the results. Lie detector evidence is not admissible in court. He told Waterville's Morning Sentinel newspaper that police wouldn't show him the actual polygraph paperwork to show him how he did.
"I know I went in there and smoked it," Justin DiPietro said. "I told the truth, and that's it."
Blood found, suspicion cast in missing Maine toddler case - CNN

I remember this case so well! I had a newborn and was in bed watching the Today Show and heard the mother say "he was the last one to see her alive" and I just got chills. Reminds me of the feeling I get when SM talks about Gannon in the past tense.

“We don't know what happened other than we know Ayla didn't walk out on her own, and we have grave doubts she was abducted because there were three adults in the home that night (and) it's a very small house."
No one has been arrested in the case, and police have not identified Justin DiPietro or anyone else as a suspect.
Police confirm that Justin DiPietro took a polygraph test, but won't reveal the results. Lie detector evidence is not admissible in court. He told Waterville's Morning Sentinel newspaper that police wouldn't show him the actual polygraph paperwork to show him how he did.
"I know I went in there and smoked it," Justin DiPietro said. "I told the truth, and that's it."
I found a great article about the Polygraphs on the American Psychological Association. It is an interesting read if you have the time but I will add one quote from it that kinda sums up the whole article "For now, although the idea of a lie detector may be comforting, the most practical advice is to remain skeptical about any conclusion wrung from a polygraph."

Edited from wonky previous quote that no idea where it came from

Good morning, I'm up from my nap. No it's not this case, after seeing pics from the news about Ayla Reynolds case it triggered my memory, a little girl in FL. Before Nancy Grace left Headline news. Haleigh Cummings. I believe that exact statement came from mother or stepfather. "Smoked" it was def not the phrase used. ;) I also need to add: I'm not interested in polygraph at all, don't care what I care about is the need TS has to blab about it.

I am torn between not wanting to step away for fear of having to catch up on 289374 posts if anything happens, and wanting to step away because scrolling and rolling past the same arguments over and over is making me nutty. Please let there be some (good!) news today!
same as that. i'm very tired too.. this case hurts deeply.. maybe i'll give myself a break..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FOGLIGHTINVESTIGATIONS