CA - Amie Harwick, Former Fiance of Drew Carey's, was Allegedly Murdered by her Stalker, 2020

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dr. Amie Harwick, a Hollywood sex therapist, and ex-fiancée of comedian Drew Carey was allegedly thrown off her balcony by her stalker.

Amie was a friend of Websleuths good friend Producer/Writer/Filmmaker Jessica Everleth.

Jessica told me tonight that the last time she spoke to Amie she said that people were not taking her seriously about her stalker who was also an ex-boyfriend. She knew he was going to try and kill her and it appears he succeeded.

Amie seems to have been going through hell with this stalker.

Below is an article with the basic facts.
Amie Harwick, sex therapist and ex-fiancée of Drew Carey, killed

"Amie Harwick, a Hollywood sex therapist and ex-fiancée of comedian Drew Carey, was killed over the weekend, Los Angeles police said. An ex-boyfriend has been arrested as a suspect in her death, police said.

Harwick, 38, was found unresponsive in her home early Saturday with injuries consistent with a fall, according to a statement from the LAPD.

An FBI-LAPD Task Force arrested Gareth Pursehouse, 41, on Saturday afternoon, the statement said. He's being held on a $2 million bail, according to jail records."

In the days to come, we will hear more details about Amie's stalker I'm sure. In the meantime take a look at the petition started by Jessica in Amie's name. Please sign and pass it along.

JUSTICE FOR AMIE - DEMAND CHANGE FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & STALKING LAWS | MoveOn

Our deepest condolences to Amie's loved ones and her friend Jessica. No one should ever die at the hands of a stalker. More needs to be done.

Tricia

I think what makes this even worse is that she made moves to get away from him in 2011 - nearly a decade ago, and then they encountered each other recently. He couldn't let her live her life and move on with his own? He had to hold onto this rage for that long? But DV is all about control, so I guess it makes sense that he claimed the ultimate power over her, after losing it a decade ago. Rest in Peace, Amie.

What a terribly sad story. It seems she did all the right things as far as reporting his behavior and filing restraining orders.

I lost a dear friend to DM three years ago. Her husband was convicted of her murder. She was so young and full of life! The mother of two young children. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around these types of things. Of all the people in the world, how can someone who supposedly loves a person (or at the very least ONCE loved) kill them?

Many prayers for her family and friends. May justice be swift and severe! I'm happy to sign the petition.

Tonight on 48 Hours on CBS they will be reporting on this story. Our friend Jessica was interviewed for this show tonight.
Thank you Tricia for the heads up. I'll be watching.

STALKING LAW REFORM – Laura Richards Interviewt

In the wake of Dr. Amie Harwick's murder by her alleged stalker and ex-boyfriend Gareth Pursehouse, there's a call for new legislation to protect victims from stalkers through two online petitions and the #Justice4Amie movement. Tricia Griffith speaks with Laura Richards, a former investigator from Scotland Yard, who is a world-renowned expert on stalking including stalking law legislation.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO WEBSLEUTHS RADIO PODCAST ON ANCHOR

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN ON APPLE

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN ON SPOTIFY

You can get Websleuths Radio Podcast at wherever you listen to podcasts.

For more about Laura Richards, go to:

About us - Paladin Service

To sign the petitions to change the stalking laws, go to:

Sign the Petition

Justice For Amie - Demand Change In Domestic Violence & Stalking Laws | MoveOn

If we're going to hold police officers liable for murder, then we need to hold judges and lawyers accountable for murder too.

"Oh, hi Judge, you let a violent stalker out of prison without bail and he went on to murder his girlfriend? Guess what, Judge, you're now an accessory to murder. That's a felony and an end of your career."

"Oh, hi Defense Attorney, you defended a violent stalker, got him off on a technicality because you broke down a 12-year-old witness on the stand and *advertiser censored*-shamed her, abused her in public, but hey -- it's okay! That's the process. You did what had to be done. But oops, your client went back out and raped and killed another kid. Guess what, we're hanging you, too. ."

Obviously, I'm being facetious here, but it's worth thinking about. Certainly judges, lawyers, parole board members, and especially "expert witnesses" and other psychologists who take blood money to let violent felons go need to be held accountable -- criminally and civilly liable -- for the subsequent crimes committed.

There will be a trial in this case

Criminal Case Calendar

Defendant Name: GARETH PURSEHOUSE (Exact Search)
Hearing Date: 02/14/2022 to 03/16/2022 New Search

Jud Dist Case NO Def ID Name Arrest Date Location Dept Hearing Date Hearing Time Type of Hearing
XCN BA485380 01 PURSEHOUSE, GARETH 02/15/2020 Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 107 02/22/2022 08:30 AM PRETRIAL CONFERENCE

This is the docket next court date Tuesday a week from tomorrow

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993