Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he also said he (FD) didn't do it???
In seriousness, i think Fotis was parsing words in some way. I don’t remember the exact words of his note, but I think he left open possibilities, such as by saying, “I’m innocent of what I am accused of,” leaving a lot of room for interpretation. What was he saying he was accused of, and and what was he failing to deny? I remember there was room for parsing up his statements about MT and KM. IIRC he didn’t proclaim innocence for AT or AC, he only said they should be left alone.

I am sorry that this post is sloppy in that I don’t fall up to reading that sick note again. But when I read it, I found it to be a non-denial denial for the lot of them, each named in full unlike the true innocents, and I imagined Fotis felt smug about his cleverness and “honesty” as his composed it.

No idea on that but certainly there are medications sometimes used with patients with dementia that also can be abused by people recreationally or for other nefarious purposes. I am not saying anyone working there ever did or would have anything to do with sharing such items; it could simply be a meeting spot. There also are items used for restraint although let us hope very rarely and only ever to protect a patient. Could such things be used to restrain a person with dementia? Sure, although, again, we all would hope that never occurred. If I were LE, I would look for associates of FD, MT, and KM there especially given the dazed looks seen on their faces at times. MOO.
IMO
I agree...my first thought when I read that location, was a drug deal, possibly even just used as a meeting place, as it is not a busy spot. Someone might be able to conduct business there as the parking area may be away from public and cameras. Although nearby cameras could catch them coming and going.
Might be a know drug purchase point?
Could also be an employee that KM knew from a former client. That guy seemed to run in bad circles with his practice and his own alcohol abuse, possibly drug use.
But at the first arrest of FD and MT they looked zoned out. He especially looked maniacal in the photos...
I would be using drugs if I did what he has been charged with and shown on cameras coming and going, and then the coverups.
Not knowing what is going to come at him next ?
How to possibly get out of it?
Most likely regretting all of it?
Especially how it went down, too many trails led back to him....
He also knew his financial world was falling apart so making bail and paying lawyer fees was going to be impossible...
That is all a recipe for anxiety and as we have now seen, suicide as a means to escape a life in prison.
The professional mental health experts that were following this case probably saw the suicide coming, courts and his attorney also should have been well aware of his potential risk and addressed it more throughly.
IMO

@Dacaesar, I give you 10 pts and an A+ for your question to our favourite 'reposter' DA.

The thing I think with the DA articles when taken as a whole (I will take a big one for the team and go back and very painfully read them all again over the next couple of days and report back to get some meat around the idea of how Atty. P. used DA to 'front run' information to the Public) is to me one of perspective. IMO from DA and the HC we saw next to nothing about the VICTIM or even articles from the victims perspective. There was never any attempt to investigate anything or develop a perspective on the Dulos v Dulos cases in Family Court. IMO the reporting was slipshod and cut corners and wasn't based on any research or investigation or even reading the Family Court files. Nope, it was based on documents no doubt slipped his way via email and the reason I believe it happened this was was because of the lack of an overall context and perspective for all the articles. It was as if everything DA wrote was seen through the eyes of Atty. P. and Fd and then ultimately the "Greek Family". Maybe this is what he intended as it was certainly the easier path IMO. Sit in your office and wait for emails to show up! Much easier than beating the bushes to find out about JFd, her friends and her life with the children.

DA did little to nothing on MT other than via publicly available info online IMO. IMO this was the case because Atty Bowman wasn't leaking like a sieve to the Press as was Atty. P. in this case. But, DA IMO did a huge disservice to this case by NOT reporting actively on MT and figuring who she was, who her friends were, who was doing her blowouts and giving her weekly facials and what all these people who might have run into MT on her endless coffee runs said about her! Then there was the entire EW community that no doubt must have had a POV on MT. I find it fascinating that the article about MT being 'disinvited' from her daughters graduation from the EW School didn't come from a CT news outlet (if I recall it came from NY)! To me, this shows that DA and the HC weren't 'ON' the Dulos case other than to 'repost' what Atty. P. was saying and that they effectively invested nothing in covering the story IMO. If you compare this to say WFSB or even FOX61 or NBC CT and NY, these stations dedicated resources to following along with the narrative of the case. IMO the online publication newcanaanite.com did some amazing investigative work (in particular on Fd finances and Family Court situation) when DA and the HC were sitting in front of his computer waiting for an email from Atty. P.! Then we had the various Hearst paper entities following along the best that they could and providing consistent reporting on the news of the day and following the Court proceedings. But IMO very little investigation going on from Hearst and when we saw Atty. P. blowing 'air kisses' to 'Helen' outside Court my heart sank as I believe the person involved is the senior most person at Hearst in CT. UGH.......

IDK, I think the folks here on WS did the best with the info available and sought out source documents to create a narrative when oftentimes the Print Press was behind the ball. DA IMO seemed at times 'in front of the ball' only because the information or comments he was serving up came from the defense. The DA reporting makes me angry because he didn't research the Atty. P. comments to realise they were lies from the "Alibi Script" AND he never did any retractions to his reporting or revisions to his reporting to adjust it for the "Alibi Script" lies.

What seemed to emerge over time was that DA and the HC became the third leg of the Atty. P. defense strategy for their client Fd. It took awhile for me to pinpoint exactly what it was about the coverage which was simply 'off' IMO but I think it was the connection to the defense and lack of victim focus which convinced me the DA/HC coverage was for lack of a better word "cooked". The final article from the "Greek Family" blaming everyone but their brother and making horrible insinuations about the Farber wealth and connections simply cinched it for me that this was not 'fair and balanced reporting' or even a thinly veiled attempt at balanced reporting.

IMO DA doesn't deserve any 'softball' questions. I'm curious about the entire "Fudge" the homeless man storyline and how DA said he went to Albany. Really? What was the origin of this 'investigation' into Fudge? My guess is that the closest DA got to Albany was searching it out on google maps after the Atty. P. PI might have sent him some info or a HPD or FPD LE person leaked the info. Atty P was on the record saying that he was aware of Fudge and the Suburban liner left on Albany months before it showed up in an AW. Is this a coincidence that it showed up in DA 'reposting'? IMO, sincerely doubt it.

Hate to be cynical but this reporting has been some of the worst I've seen on a major crime case that is quite complex.

MOO
I don't recall where I read the story of the homeless man who found the knife and sold it to Fudge (HC or Hearst?), but I recall report that the hm said it had blood on it and that he wiped it on his pants. I wondered if LE asked him for those pants he was wearing so as to see if blood stains might yield DNA. Also thought it wd be odd to not wipe blood off a knife before disposing of it. Also wondered why a reporter wouldn't ask LE if they got the pants and tested them for DNA.

Atty Colangelo said at the last hearing that MT and Fd had been in contact via a 3rd party I believe. Per usual we got no details. But, MT is in Avon and Fd was in Farmington and its a small world. I don't think for a second that MT didn't realise AC had moved into 4Jx. Nope. IMO was teary eyed in October for a reason and it had zero to do with her latest AW as she has seemed absolutely disconnected from reality throughout this process of AW1-3, its been stunning to watch.

Wonder when the wake up call will come for MT?

MOO
If MT did have contact with FD (through a 3rd party), why wasn't she brought to court on violation of conditions of her bail bond release?

Atty Colangelo said at the last hearing that MT and Fd had been in contact via a 3rd party I believe. Per usual we got no details. But, MT is in Avon and Fd was in Farmington and its a small world. I don't think for a second that MT didn't realise AC had moved into 4Jx. Nope. IMO was teary eyed in October for a reason and it had zero to do with her latest AW as she has seemed absolutely disconnected from reality throughout this process of AW1-3, its been stunning to watch.

MOO
Ok, I see your point. I don't know how honest new attorney is being with her. Is he saying he can beat these charges against her? Actually in the pictures of the family at court with new atty. MT sisters face seem to register concern, not anyone else.

I don't recall where I read the story of the homeless man who found the knife and sold it to Fudge (HC or Hearst?), but I recall report that the hm said it had blood on it and that he wiped it on his pants. I wondered if LE asked him for those pants he was wearing so as to see if blood stains might yield DNA. Also thought it wd be odd to not wipe blood off a knife before disposing of it. Also wondered why a reporter wouldn't ask LE if they got the pants and tested them for DNA.
Not meaning to insult CT, but reporters writing about this case, either have a bias. Or are not asking the correct questions. MOO. Trying to remember every detail in AW is getting challenging. Did LE ever mention speaking to Fudge? Like Prosecutor keeps mentioning there's more evidence not released. Let's hope our questions will be addressed soon. Today I believe is KM day in court, wish I could watch.

After much thought today about where, when and how FD could have disposed of or handed off the body in NC before returning to Farmington, there are 2 pieces of evidence that make me think that he brought the body back to Farmington.

They are two items found in the Albany trash, described in AW3.

The first is the black taped together black plastic bags. There are 2 reasons I can think of for why he might have taped them together: 1. to make a larger "tarp" like surface, to protect either a vehicle interior or bed, or a floor or tub surface, from blood; or 2. as has been described here, taped end to end to wrap or enclose JD body.
Given there were 2 ponchos found I could also consider that he might use them as a coverall, etc but that seems redundant (and cumbersome) given that ponchos were also found.
If he taped them together to make some sort of protective surface/tarp, did he find the tape and the bags in JD house? Did he bring both bags and tape with him to NC? And if so, why did he need to make a tarp-like covering in NC, unless of course he did some sort of dismemberment in the garage, but one would think it would require far more than 10 rolls of paper towels and leave far more evidence.
Alternatively, if he used this taped together bag to somehow contain or wrap the body, then if he disposed of the body down in/near NC, why would the bag come all the way back to Farmington with him? Only if he emptied the bag of the body, I guess, which would mean in a grave or some other disposal site. But even then it might seem best to keep it all wrapped up in plastic, right, even in a grave it seems like less work and mess at the site to unwrap or empty the body from the bags, and being wrapped up might make it less likely to be discovered.

The second item is related to this line of thought. It is the black plastic bag, with both FD middle finger prints, tied in a knot on one side and ripped open on the other, with red/brown stains and black tape on the interior. This item again appears to have been tied shut and then ripped open, to perhaps empty something. The inside has blood (assuming red brown stains are blood) and black tape on it. Why would this item appear all the way in Farmington if it contained the body and then was emptied? Why was it tied shut and then ripped open? Wasn't FD wearing gloves, how did both of his middle fingerprints get on there?

The presence of her clothes in Albany also suggests that if he did bury or dispose or hand off down in NC area, then he must have taken the clothes off first down there. He had a short time to do the disposal if he did it between leaving Welles in Suburban and being spotted on Merritt parkway heading home, did he disrobe her in the garage? He would have needed to wrap a naked body in something to avoid it being seen as he drove away, maybe the taped together bags. But then how did he end up with those bags up in Albany?

Thinking this through I find it hard to believe that all that stuff of that nature would end up in Albany, if the body had been left down in NC.

MOO.
Could MT have ripped open the bag to make sure she put something in it, and was checking?

MOO
BBM
In the last hearing tape posted by @afitzy CoAngelo indicates that he “heard of contact
through a third party but that he was still trying to confirm”. So there was no confirmation yet that there was any third party contact /hence no details. He says this at approx 10:00 when he is going over conditions of release. Was there an update to that I missed? IMO

BBM
In the last hearing tape posted by @afitzy CoAngelo indicates that he “heard of contact
through a third party but that he was still trying to confirm”. So there was no confirmation yet that there was any third party contact /hence no details. He says this at approx 10:00 when he is going over conditions of release. Was there an update to that I missed? IMO

IMO only, I felt the prosecutor knew of attempted contact, but preferred to protect the investigation by refusing details. I had a feeling he preferred for her to bond out than to give up some source or method. MOO.

(edited to remove the ghost of my last post)

Last edited:
Curious, do we know if the Tacoma has a cap on the back? A tarp would seem cumbersome but I’m having trouble envisioning all the clean up stuff riding in the cab.

This leads me to believe that FD may have been a passenger in the Tacoma at some point and the blood stains found were transfer stains from his body/clothing perhaps. That would mean a third party rode with him to NC, drops him somewhere close to WC with the bike, then pulls up at WP to wait for him. “Radio silence” would mean there was probably a contingency plan — if FD and the Suburban aren’t at WP at x-o’clock, check again on the half-hours...or something. Finally they meet, things get swapped, and FD hops into the passenger seat. Only later does he realize he may have transferred blood to the Tacoma and starts trying to mitigate for that.

The poncho business still bothers me, though, since that indicates the anticipation of a messy situation. I presume those were used later, in the disposal process, somehow, and not at 69/71 WL.

As always, this is just conjecture and MOO...
@24Brix, no cab on Tacoma, open back. Check out pics in AW2 as it shows the tarp and if the pic is enhanced you can make out the bike outline IMO.

This says the crashed FD Suburban was seen in N.C. the day JD went missing, I don’t think that is publicly known, which date it was seen in NC. We discussed that at length here. Use caution with this source.
MOO.
@sleuth66, completely agree that there is ZERO confirm from LE as to when the Fd Suburban was seen exactly on Thurton in NC. Thanks for pointing out this weakness in reporting.

If MT did have contact with FD (through a 3rd party), why wasn't she brought to court on violation of conditions of her bail bond release?

Because this MT contact with FD through a 3rd party had just been revealed to the Prosecutor. He stated this at the hearing with MT’s new lawyer who wanted bracelet removed, more freedom, etc. The Prosecutor was investigating. IF this is found to be true then charges should be brought against MT.

I so agree with you that there’s no good explanation for everyone of those black trash bags why a knot tied in one side and ripped open and black tape inside it.And the two taped together. Myself and others have suggested as you did that the two taped together could have been used as a wrap for the body with the zip ties as handles.I believe he packaged her fully clothed with the bags and zip ties, in the garage at wells.If he buried her weather it was in nc or Farmington.he would of stripped the zip ties,bags and all her clothes off before Burial, the reason would be his fear of his dna or fingerprints being with the body of it was ever found. Separating evidence makes sense. The two ponchos scream accomplice, witch goes against how I feel,that Fotis murder and buried jd by himself in nc.Mt and km job was to establish a alibi for FD and themselves.and help with clean up of the Tacoma,and disposal of evidence.Moo.Maybe they wore the ponchos for the clean up of the Tacoma and packaging of evidence at 80ms? What also puzzles me is what happened to fd clothes from that day? I would expect when the clean up was done fd and MT would of stripped there clothes off and dispose of them as t well.They weren’t found at Albany ave or Mira as far as we know.again separating evidence makes sense so they could of dumped them in trash bins in Bristol,there were phone pings there.i don’t recall what time of day that was?
Moo
I guess what I forgot to emphasize in my post is the time aspect. He didn’t have a lot of time between Waveny and being spotted on the Merritt heading back, so in that time he would have had to drive somewhere for disposal and handoff, AND remove the body from the bags/wrap, bury or otherwise hide it, gather up the debris and drive back.
If he handed the body off to an accomplice, it wouldn’t make sense for them to unbag/unroll it and FD take back the debris. A handoff would presume the body was still in its bag or roll. I can’t see otherwise.

So I think when we are adding up the minutes during the “40 minute gap” it needs to include not just driving time, but also time to unbag or unroll, and gather the zip ties etc, given that he brought the bags and debris back to Farmington. Because if he did dispose in NC, then there wouldn’t be as much blood and bags generated in Farmington, just the materials from cleaning the truck, which likely wouldn’t cause large amounts of blood to get in the inside of a trash bag for example.

@24Brix, no cab on Tacoma, open back. Check out pics in AW2 as it shows the tarp and if the pic is enhanced you can make out the bike outline IMO.
If FD drove JD vehicle with the body and clean up bags + bike to where the Toyota was parked, moved her body to Toyota seat (reason why her blood was found inside & MT said in interview it's obvious JD body was in there), bike was seen in the back in video cams, where were the bags and Suburban cargo liner (liner could have been flat in back)?

Then if Toyota was driven back to 80 Mtn Sprg with everything, did he unload everything again just to swap his employees truck with his later in the day. Also then he loaded the bags back in his truck to throw in trash cans later that night?

I realize that there were probably only 2-5 (?) bags of clean up, but what luck he had that no one actually saw anything except on video cams! And what a stupid thing to keep loading and loading those bags.

Another question, if MT helped him clean up at JD's house, how did she get there? The only vehicle seen on video cam is JD's Suburban going in and then back out. Sorry I'm sure it's been discussed, but I've just spent a few hours getting to this point from the media thread.

Thanks MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member