Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be the type of place, but this location is illogical. From Lorson Ranch there is open land to the east, closer mountains to the west, and low population to the south. The search is north, having to go near Colorado Springs and heavy population. So this is illogical for a random spot.

Why here?

Logical conclusion, since we cannot discuss SM, is that LE must have good reason for searching there. My guess would be tips or evidence provided, video, pings, gps info, etc...

My guess at to why someone may have chosen that location? Driving far away from home, hoping future potential searches would be centered closer to home. Also to find a place not previously or logically connected to you. Build an alibi, then drive some more until you knew you would not be able to drive any further and still make it home in time for a school bus to arrive, finding an isolated road that looked like you could stash something and possibly not be noticed or seen, and drive in until you find a spot, do what you needed to do, and leave.
IMO JMO MOO

It may be the type of place, but this location is illogical. From Lorson Ranch there is open land to the east, closer mountains to the west, and low population to the south. The search is north, having to go near Colorado Springs and heavy population. So this illogical for a random spot.

Why here?

Imagine you wanted to hide something without being seen hiding it. And that you wanted an alibi at the time it was hidden. You might go to a shop in town and hang out awhile. Buy something. If you wanted to move without being tracked later, you might want to hide your phone in the shop And come back for it. Now where to? West side is populated. The Black Forest is East and would probably be your best bet, but you’d have to know your way around - and really most of the land is private property. Plus you’d have to drive through lots of town again. Cars, population- instinctively, you wouldn’t go South towards your own neighborhood for fear of being recognized. The one way to go from the University shops that feels quiet and anonymous is North. And everyone from here has been up there. In fact driving up Denver you pass all of that. So it’s familiar and looks very wooded from I-25. So where to go? If you had to be quick, you might pick someplace kind of familiar and yet off the beaten path. Like North to Palmer Lake. But if you live on the south side, by the time you got to Palmer Lake you’d be about an hour from home. And if you left your phone somewhere thinking you wouldn’t be trackable, you’d better make it quick. Imagine your time frame was 11-2pm. You make it up to Palmer Lake around 1130 or 12. Now, I just drove up on Highway 105 through Palmer Lake yesterday. I visit that area about once a month and in my mind I think of it as serene and wooded. The reality is that as you drive every street seems to lead to a house or a neighborhood. There’s lots of open space. It’s wide open. It feels wooded, but it’s not really. Even the lake has houses around it. The further you drive, the more you realize there is really nowhere you can pull over without being seen. Until... you get to the search areas. Those are the first available spots to get off the beaten path. Again, you’d think in your mind that there were lots of places as you’d picture all of the trees and the slower pace, but the actual layout is different. You have to get off of the road to hide in the daylight. And then- well, if you’re 30 minutes from your phone and another 25 minutes home and you have to be back home around 215- you’ve got a little over an hour to hide what you have to hide. Is that a lot of time? It might be enough. That spot makes a lot of sense to me if someone had not planned it all out and was halfway winging it. Especially multiple stops to find a place that you could be hidden.

Imagine you wanted to hide something without being seen hiding it. And that you wanted an alibi at the time it was hidden. You might go to a shop in town and hang out awhile. Buy something. If you wanted to move without being tracked later, you might want to hide your phone in the shop And come back for it. Now where to? West side is populated. The Black Forest is East and would probably be your best bet, but you’d have to know your way around - and really most of the land is private property. Plus you’d have to drive through lots of town again. Cars, population- instinctively, you wouldn’t go South towards your own neighborhood for fear of being recognized. The one way to go from the University shops that feels quiet and anonymous is North. And everyone from here has been up there. In fact driving up Denver you pass all of that. So it’s familiar and looks very wooded from I-25. So where to go? If you had to be quick, you might pick someplace kind of familiar and yet off the beaten path. Like North to Palmer Lake. But if you live on the south side, by the time you got to Palmer Lake you’d be about an hour from home. And if you left your phone somewhere thinking you wouldn’t be trackable, you’d better make it quick. Imagine your time frame was 11-2pm. You make it up to Palmer Lake around 1130 or 12. Now, I just drove up on Highway 105 through Palmer Lake yesterday. I visit that area about once a month and in my mind I think of it as serene and wooded. The reality is that as you drive every street seems to lead to a house or a neighborhood. There’s lots of open space. It’s wide open. It feels wooded, but it’s not really. Even the lake has houses around it. The further you drive, the more you realize there is really nowhere you can pull over without being seen. Until... you get to the search areas. Those are the first available spots to get off the beaten path. Again, you’d think in your mind that there were lots of places as you’d picture all of the trees and the slower pace, but the actual layout is different. You have to get off of the road to hide in the daylight. And then- well, if you’re 30 minutes from your phone and another 25 minutes home and you have to be back home around 215- you’ve got a little over an hour to hide what you have to hide. Is that a lot of time? It might be enough. That spot makes a lot of sense to me if someone had not planned it all out and was halfway winging it. Especially multiple stops to find a place that you could be hidden.
ITA

It may be the type of place, but this location is illogical. From Lorson Ranch there is open land to the east, closer mountains to the west, and low population to the south. The search is north, having to go near Colorado Springs and heavy population. So this is illogical for a random spot.

Why here?
The area they are searching in, and the surrounding area, has many places to hide whatever one wants, less eyes (although she wasn't thinking so much of security cameras is my guess) less populated. People have acres of space each. She could drive through Springs without being seen (or so she thinks. Again, cameras, I'm hoping.) She *could* think LE would start nearby, the reservoir, etc, or be thrown off by places that she mentioned (Garden of the Gods), but up north near Larkspur, Palmer Lake, etc? There seems to be nothing that would bring her up there. THAT might be the best reason to choose that area.
Everybody knows the area in general because you drive past it to go to Denver. You go down a few side streets, and you have peace, quiet and not so many people. Easily accessible from the interstate.

I think we wrote around the same time! ha!

Please let me start off with saying I am sorry if everything I am about to say has been mentioned. I skimmed the best I could to get caught up but decided to come to real time due to the speed of the threads.

I'm on the fence with this one. Completely torn unfortunately. I don't deep dive the kiddos often because they eat me alive. However, GS drew me in just like Lucas Hernandez, which is what brought me to WS. Sadly there are things with LS that remind me of EG. Both women had/have boyfriends/husbands with jobs that take them out of state often. They want the recognition of being sole caregiver and praise for doing so. Both children went "missing" while on their watch. Both women called 911 after the boys not being allegidly gone for long. EG told LE that she woke up from a nap and LS keeps obsessing over GS being the one who was in charge of the gate key which I find really odd tbh... Stories change and get weirder by the min.

I see this being like EG and where she put Lucas. Easy, fast, little effort - in and out. I'll never forget how much land we searched and had the most amazing WS bunch working to find him. I never knew how much trash really was as in ditches until I looked at every one while driving to work to find anything at all. 96 days. Our very own Pink was only 10-20 ft away. Can't remember exact distance but close. That's the good that WS does - why this is the place to go for info IMO. He was found under a bridge outside of town right off the road. Easy as can be hidden in plain sight. My ex in laws live a mile north, a road I traveled often. What concerns me is the open space with GS. However, I would imagine he would be close unless someone else was involved due to the timeline. Right off the road in a treeline, drainage ditch or bridge. I'd imagine the ground would make digging hard with it being so cold plus I go back to the timeline. <modsnip: removed info that is not supported by MSM> Ugh. I can't look at Lucas without getting a pile of tears built up and I'm afraid GS might have the same effect.

Here's where I struggle. Verbiage of multiple stories in MSM, interviews, the way searches are being done and with groups/agencies that are involved. Could verbiage be to see if guards will come down so they're comfortable and slip up? Absolutely. Per usual there's so much we don't know and for good reason.

The frequent mention of abduction in different ways. It sticks out to me like a sore thumb contradicting the way it is used. However, no threat to the public allegedly. Another thing that causes a case of mental gymnastics for me is the lack of family at searches from what I have seen. LE might have suggested they not be due to what could happen if they were found but if it were me and that was one of my boys - good luck keeping me from not searching.

Then I go to her interview, the bizarre one, with her back turned. The whole thing was strange. Her demeanor gave me a weird feeling. All of it. The message, body language, almost cocky saying things like "once you know the truth you'll be apologizing to me!" said with a slight laugh. All of it rubs me the wrong way.

I've watched the security footage multiple times at different speeds and angles. I swear it looks like GS has a backpack at one point. Maybe she carried it. I need new glasses so it could be that. However, IF that is a backpack why would he need that? He didn't go to school. Idk. Just seems odd. They also seemed rushed to me, at least she did. What was the hurry? <modsnip: removed info not in MSM > and why would he supposedly go play with a friend (that she didn't know - right) when he stayed home sick from school? In my house we have a rule. Too sick to go then too sick for friends. They didn't stay home often... We all parent differently though which is fine. Just adds another contradicting level to this situation. Her backing into the driveway seemed erratic to me and odd.

<modsnip: Please do not sleuth family members>

I'm not quite sure what to think at this point other than GS needs to be found. My heart hurts for his family. Just aches. Hate to see these situations over and over again. Sorry for the word salad - did this on my phone and trying to hurry in case it doesn't auto save. Been there more than once. Lol.

Main thing - where's GS? Someone knows...

ETA - Marshburn brought Lucas home. I pray he comes for GS. If he's out there I have faith in David and Marsha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member