Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will separate it from Seattle’s
I did it! Lol Thank you

The word QUOTE in square brackets starts the quote and the /QUOTE in square brackets ends the quote.

Always remember to NOT type anything inside those square brackets. Do not mess with square brackets ;) Those square brackets contain the html language that determines how your post will end up. Go past that set of square brackets that contain the /QUOTE, drop down a line or two and type your response.

Please let me start off with saying I am sorry if everything I am about to say has been mentioned. I skimmed the best I could to get caught up but decided to come to real time due to the speed of the threads.

I'm on the fence with this one. Completely torn unfortunately. I don't deep dive the kiddos often because they eat me alive. However, GS drew me in just like Lucas Hernandez, which is what brought me to WS. Sadly there are things with LS that remind me of EG. Both women had/have boyfriends/husbands with jobs that take them out of state often. They want the recognition of being sole caregiver and praise for doing so. Both children went "missing" while on their watch. Both women called 911 after the boys not being allegidly gone for long. EG told LE that she woke up from a nap and LS keeps obsessing over GS being the one who was in charge of the gate key which I find really odd tbh... Stories change and get weirder by the min.

I see this being like EG and where she put Lucas. Easy, fast, little effort - in and out. I'll never forget how much land we searched and had the most amazing WS bunch working to find him. I never knew how much trash really was as in ditches until I looked at every one while driving to work to find anything at all. 96 days. Our very own Pink was only 10-20 ft away. Can't remember exact distance but close. That's the good that WS does - why this is the place to go for info IMO. He was found under a bridge outside of town right off the road. Easy as can be hidden in plain sight. My ex in laws live a mile north, a road I traveled often. What concerns me is the open space with GS. However, I would imagine he would be close unless someone else was involved due to the timeline. Right off the road in a treeline, drainage ditch or bridge. I'd imagine the ground would make digging hard with it being so cold plus I go back to the timeline. <modsnip: removed info that is not supported by MSM> Ugh. I can't look at Lucas without getting a pile of tears built up and I'm afraid GS might have the same effect.

Here's where I struggle. Verbiage of multiple stories in MSM, interviews, the way searches are being done and with groups/agencies that are involved. Could verbiage be to see if guards will come down so they're comfortable and slip up? Absolutely. Per usual there's so much we don't know and for good reason.

The frequent mention of abduction in different ways. It sticks out to me like a sore thumb contradicting the way it is used. However, no threat to the public allegedly. Another thing that causes a case of mental gymnastics for me is the lack of family at searches from what I have seen. LE might have suggested they not be due to what could happen if they were found but if it were me and that was one of my boys - good luck keeping me from not searching.

Then I go to her interview, the bizarre one, with her back turned. The whole thing was strange. Her demeanor gave me a weird feeling. All of it. The message, body language, almost cocky saying things like "once you know the truth you'll be apologizing to me!" said with a slight laugh. All of it rubs me the wrong way.

I've watched the security footage multiple times at different speeds and angles. I swear it looks like GS has a backpack at one point. Maybe she carried it. I need new glasses so it could be that. However, IF that is a backpack why would he need that? He didn't go to school. Idk. Just seems odd. They also seemed rushed to me, at least she did. What was the hurry? <modsnip: removed info not in MSM > and why would he supposedly go play with a friend (that she didn't know - right) when he stayed home sick from school? In my house we have a rule. Too sick to go then too sick for friends. They didn't stay home often... We all parent differently though which is fine. Just adds another contradicting level to this situation. Her backing into the driveway seemed erratic to me and odd.

<modsnip: Please do not sleuth family members>

I'm not quite sure what to think at this point other than GS needs to be found. My heart hurts for his family. Just aches. Hate to see these situations over and over again. Sorry for the word salad - did this on my phone and trying to hurry in case it doesn't auto save. Been there more than once. Lol.

Main thing - where's GS? Someone knows...

ETA - Marshburn brought Lucas home. I pray he comes for GS. If he's out there I have faith in David and Marsha.

Good post.

I couple of things: I think LE has never mentioned abduction. And in most similar missing person’s cases I haven’t seen family searching at this stage. It’s different when wandering off is a legitimate possibility. Then I’ve seen family involved early on. It in most cases where some form of foul play is thought to be involved the family are fairly frozen in grief and fear. Later, as the shock and terror wears some they will start to search more.

That’s what I’ve noticed for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post.

I couple of things: I think LE has never mentioned abduction. And in most similar missing person’s cases I haven’t seen family searching at this stage. It’s different when wandering off is a legitimate possibility. Then I’ve seen family involved early on. It in most cases where some form of foul play is thought to be involved the family are fairly frozen in grief and fear. Later, as the shock and terror wears some they will start to search more.

Also, it may be a factor for this family that they have another young child together who certainly has at least some understanding of what is going on. Not only are they having to navigate how to keep her safe and figure out the balance of normalizing her life as much as possible while still being involved in the efforts to find Gannon, she may also have information that LE needs. It could be important to preserve all of her memories and feelings so she can share them accurately without complicating them by exposing her to too much of the search, the vigils, and the drama, even second-hand through her parents. Plus, she might also just really need her mommy and daddy to be with her right now (and they might really need to keep her in their sight as much as possible).

JMO

Good post.

Yes for sure. I agree. Here's just a few articles that I noticed it and on HLN. Started noticing it last night outside of just LS. Not the logical explanation but not sure there is much logic happening here. Lol.

Jackie Kirby, media relations manager with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, responded to Letecia Stauch's statement Wednesday during an interview.
She said they cannot rule out the possibility that Gannon was abducted but would not say whether they've found evidence to support that theory.

Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance

The designation of endangered missing child means that the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office can request help from the National Missing and Exploited team and resources from the FBI crimes abduction division, which includes experts in the field of search and rescue.

Missing 11-Year-Old Gannon Stauch's Mom Pleads For His Return: 'Why Is This Happening To Him?'

HLN - Where is Gannon Stauch? HLN's Lynn Smith asks law... | Facebook

Also, it may be a factor for this family that they have another young child together who certainly has at least some understanding of what is going on. Not only are they having to navigate how to keep her safe and figure out the balance of normalizing her life as much as possible while still being involved in the efforts to find Gannon, she may also have information that LE needs. It could be important to preserve all of her memories and feelings so she can share them accurately without complicating them by exposing her to too much of the search, the vigils, and the drama, even second-hand through her parents. Plus, she might also just really need her mommy and daddy to be with her right now (and they might really need to keep her in their sight as much as possible).

JMO

I don't disagree at all. I probably didn't come off right in my word salad regarding the family or searches. I've never been in that situation and pray I never am. Ever. What i meant was you couldn't keep me away from searching but that's just me. I'm sure LE would ask me to leave. I don't think what they're doing isn't right or criticizing which might not have come out right in my word vomit. My heart aches for them all. I can't imagine.

Yes for sure. I agree. Here's just a few articles that I noticed it and on HLN. Started noticing it last night outside of just LS. Not the logical explanation but not sure there is much logic happening here. Lol.

Jackie Kirby, media relations manager with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, responded to Letecia Stauch's statement Wednesday during an interview.
She said they cannot rule out the possibility that Gannon was abducted but would not say whether they've found evidence to support that theory.

Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance

The designation of endangered missing child means that the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office can request help from the National Missing and Exploited team and resources from the FBI crimes abduction division, which includes experts in the field of search and rescue.

Missing 11-Year-Old Gannon Stauch's Mom Pleads For His Return: 'Why Is This Happening To Him?'

HLN - Where is Gannon Stauch? HLN's Lynn Smith asks law... | Facebook

I wish I could take much comfort in the "have not ruled out abduction" statement. Of course they can't rule it out. They don't know what actually happened yet. :(

With the probes they were using, and the shovels, and now reports of using shovels at this newest location, I speculate they are probing beneath the snow for a container, possibly buried shallow, or simply covered with evergreen needles, limbs, etc. A quick burial, in a sealed tupperware container, or some such non metallic container, in an attempt to prevent wildlife access. MOO
Like a matching duffel bag, similar to the one still hanging in the family garage...similar to ones used for softball ?

I wish I could take much comfort in the "have not ruled out abduction" statement. Of course they can't rule it out. They don't know what actually happened yet. :(

I know, me too. Sadly statistics aren't in favor most of the time and then I think of Elizabeth Smart and Jayme Closs cases and know it does occasionally happen. So incredibly sad.

I think they do know what happened, atleast in terms of a general outline. It’s a matter of proving it.

"I don't want to wait another day," Hiott said. "He is mommy's little man. If he is not with me, he is hurting."

She said her life was finally getting on track when she got a call that her son was missing. She immediately flew in from South Carolina.

This is the longest time that I have not heard his voice, and the only thing I could do is just keep playing video's back and forth of, 'Mommy, I love you,'" Hiott told ABC News.

She admits she gets emotional and angry when she overhears people speculating on the case. But she said she's doing her best to stay focused despite all of her questions.

"The only thing I can question is like, 'Why? Why Gannon? Because he does not deserve this at all," Hiott said. "I need my boy like, more than air, more than life."

Bubba, if you see this, mommy wants you home," Hiott said. "I know that you want to be home, and I will do anything in this world to make sure that I can get you. You are my hero. You are my baby. And I want you to come home so bad."

She said she wants everyone to know her son's face and added that she won't let his story die until he comes home.
Exclusive: Mother of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch pleads with public to help bring her son home

"I don't want to wait another day," Hiott said. "He is mommy's little man. If he is not with me, he is hurting."

She said her life was finally getting on track when she got a call that her son was missing. She immediately flew in from South Carolina.

This is the longest time that I have not heard his voice, and the only thing I could do is just keep playing video's back and forth of, 'Mommy, I love you,'" Hiott told ABC News.

She admits she gets emotional and angry when she overhears people speculating on the case. But she said she's doing her best to stay focused despite all of her questions.

"The only thing I can question is like, 'Why? Why Gannon? Because he does not deserve this at all," Hiott said. "I need my boy like, more than air, more than life."

Bubba, if you see this, mommy wants you home," Hiott said. "I know that you want to be home, and I will do anything in this world to make sure that I can get you. You are my hero. You are my baby. And I want you to come home so bad."

She said she wants everyone to know her son's face and added that she won't let his story die until he comes home.
Exclusive: Mother of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch pleads with public to help bring her son home

She's so much stronger and well spoken than I would be. Has an incredible way with her words at a time when most wouldn't be able to find any. My heart breaks for those parents.

Embedded video of mom’s interview: remember to turn sound icon on.
ABC News Video

eta: I can’t stand this. Poor mom. She needs her baby back. She is so clearly hurting. She is fierce in her desire to speak out for her child.

Yes - LS: Confess! Give Gannon’s parents back their little boy. Let them all have some peace.

Last edited:

I'm confused by these words. Gannon was not living with Hiott when this happened, correct? I thought she was remarried and lived in SC with her current husband and a younger child and that Gannon and his sister (Hiott's older daughter) lived in Colorado with the dad and stepmom. Am I wrong? Does she mean he was always hurting even before this horrible turn of events??

Oh boy!!! I've just seen Landen's interview. Absolutely heart wrenching. As I've seen it mentioned here already the bit that stuck out to me was when she said 'I knew something was wrong as soon as I heard he had run away' I thought that statement was pretty telling!! I don't know how she managed to hold it together. She is brave and determined to do whatever it takes to find Gannon!!

They said they were releasing a short segment of the interview, is anyone here aware of a longer version to be aired at any point..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl