Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
If I’m not mistaken, the idea came originally from Joseph Smith when he was caught with another woman, received a revelation from Moroni that he (Joseph) was allowed to have another wife and his first wife had to be ok with it.
ETA link: Fanny Alger - Joseph Smith's Polygamy
I'm so glad someone else went there so I didn't have to this time :) moo.

Well, this is actually a "hotly" debated topic that even members don't agree on. There are those that claim that Joseph Smith introduced "polygamy" in secret, and that it was only after his death that it was taught publicly. There are also others that believe that Joseph Smith taught against this, and that BY was the one that started the practice.

It is a very hotly debated topic in LDS forums. Being that it happened over 100 years ago, who knows what really happened. MOO

I'll note that I was explicitly taught through my childhood in the church that it started with BY and I remember them using the Mormon Batallion taking away too many of the mariageable age men and the perception being the single women needed husbands as part of the justification. However, the church admits now that JS was doing this in secret.

Plural Marriage in Kirtland and Nauvoo

I actually remember that same statement about him not calling back CV’s sons. I’m not sure where it was, but I do remember as well. I’ll look.

Thanks! It could have been in the raw interview and I missed it. Or maybe from something Cheryl (mother of CV's sons) said? There's just so much info in this case, it's hard to keep it all straight.

If Chad believed that Lori was his "true" wife, cult beliefs, whatever. He would tell his "earthly" wife, Tammy, "I have met my "true" spiritual wife, and no longer want to be married to you. Sign off on the divorce proceedings.".

Instead, Tammy Daybell has an extraordinary amount of life insurance in the amount of $400,000 or more. It would be interesting to know when that policy was activated. And Tammy ends up dead. Chad is married to his "true" wife, Lori, less than 2 weeks later.

Which scenario sounds like a cult belief? And which one sounds like premeditated murder for cash?
oh shoot why not both?

If LE thinks they may be alive and if so in danger, what comes to my mind instantly is child trafficking.

Well, I didn't mean to go there. If you were going to traffik kids, a very well known and well educated autistic white boy and his seventeen years old white, precocius Mormon sister would be a big risk. The overwhelming majority of sex trafficking focuses on at risk and minority youths with little family oversight, so unless Lori or Chad were already involved in sex trafficking, it is unlikely that the kids would have become part of it all of a sudden.

I am so sorry you had to endure that. Hopefully, you are stronger and more aware of others' manipulations because of it.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am more aware of what people say versus what they really mean, but it's not a good thing. Mostly in my younger years it just led to me being combative and suspicious, and elitist because I hated letting people close to me. So I mostly just hung out with my grandma and her friends. I don't know if I'm more aware of manipulation or not; I know when someone is lying easier but that's not the same thing.

And I really, really don't think I'm stronger.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am more aware of what people say versus what they really mean, but it's not a good thing. Mostly in my younger years it just led to me being combative and suspicious, and elitist because I hated letting people close to me. So I mostly just hung out with my grandma and her friends. I don't know if I'm more aware of manipulation or not; I know when someone is lying easier but that's not the same thing.

And I really, really don't think I'm stronger.
sadhug:(

Are you an actual doctor or is that a lay-opinion? What are the chances of deadly interactions if the victims are given overdoses of both drugs? Increased risk then or still "very small"?

BTW, if you are a doctor/attorney as you username says, please consider becoming a verified professional here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

We have many valued Verified Professionals that weigh in on cases here and it's always enlightening to read their observations on how things work in the real world versus what we can find on the internet. Becoming verified allows you to state your opinion as a professional in your field without having to give a source for your opinion.

If you are a medical doctor, I would love to hear your opinion on the chances of certain substances being found at autopsy in the cases of Tammy and Alex. And also what you think about Joseph Ryan's autopsy report.

It's not a lay opinion, it's just that the very articles you listed said that the risk of interactions between the drugs you listed were rare. I think if you wanted to poison someone or cause an OD, you'd do it properly. Lori and Chad have zero medical knowledge between them. How could they even accidentally cause that kind of heart failure? For god's sake, the woman tried to fence a trained therepy dog on Craigslist. She's a dullard.

As for getting verified myself, thank you for the offer and I am honored, but... I was at one point a lawyer but my username is based on an inside joke between me and my husband. I actually don't even work anymore; I'm going back to school for something different. It's not like I want to give legal advice; mostly I'm comfortable where I am for now and I think I should lurk more here before I get too big for my britches... Plus also I have a lot free time, lol...

Last edited:
I have not seen that quote by his parents. I wonder if they think he is an innocent person hoodwinked by Lori who it turns out has a checkered past? Thus they think he will be okay. Or they are in his 144,000 cult and think that Lori has godlike powers to save him. I can't imagine the embarrassment and shame this has brought on all the family related to him and to his church and community. The loss of Tammy's life would be very painful for her family, in-laws, friends and community. To then have all of this confusion heaped on top must be devastating. I am sure there isn't a big enough wall to list the web of people damaged by just her loss alone.

MOO - If that was my kid I would tell him you made a choice, now prepare for the consequences. I love my children, but actions have consequences.

What we already know that Chad is guilty of:

- That he has been caught lying to LE
- That he lied about the kids to several people, including TD parents.
- That TD had been dead for less than 3 weeks, when he decides to get remarried.
- He called Melanie and asked her to lie to LE for LVD

Here's what we strongly suspect:

- He has been having an affair for several months. According to KW she sent a flirtatious video back in Jan 2019. So, the flirting has been going on at least that long.
- That he has some level of involvement with the kids missing.
- That his wife's death was not natural.

Am I forgetting anything?

If his parents think he is going to come out of this unscathed they aren't even paying attention to the facts. MOO

Ha!! I just choked on my water as I was scrolling and saw this! This is THE PERFECT title!!

lol, I thought it was fitting. I was thinking about how he said Tammy sent him a message from beyond to reconnect with Lori & man, if that wasn’t one of the main reasons why this is all being investigated then I don’t know what is. We hear you Tammy, loud and clear!

sorry about your water

given the current immense interest in apocalyptic prepping among certain circles, this site is quite the lucrative fear mongering lil money-maker yeah? not that CP et al are necessarily directly involved in anything beyond their own stuff, but the sleeze just oozes with this one
The doom *advertiser censored* is real among this group, particularly amongst the higher ups. Notice CP's tactics for controlling the narrative (as seen in the EIN article) is the same as found in the GRI - an overabundance of bold, large font, CAPS LOCK, red highlighting, underlining, etc., to create sensory overload and put fear into people. Not to mention suggestive innuendo of super secret insider information to keep the reader coming back for more.

lol, I thought it was fitting. I was thinking about how he said Tammy sent him a message from beyond to reconnect with Lori & man, if that wasn’t one of the main reasons why this is all being investigated then I don’t know what is. We hear you Tammy, loud and clear!

sorry about your water

I'm actually going to wait to say what Tammy's involvement in all this was. She did not deserve to die young, no matter the cause. But she did help her husband set up a deeply problematic brand around his book company. She also profited from AVOW forums income and books. It's not the time to pass judgement until we know more.

The Rexburg event was held in a Mormon tabernacle? How often do non-church events put on by other organizations get held in a wardhouse, stake house, or other non-temple church building like this? I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. If it happens, do the organization pay rent? I'd think organizations like PAP, in spite of their strongly worded disclaimers, would have a hard time convincing people they weren't semi-official in the church's eyes if they are holding things like this in church buildings. What am I missing? MOO

Well I know my kids go and play Basketball at the local LDS church all of the time. They only need a member that has a key. Apparently a lot of members have access to keys.

So, it might be as easy as just having a member that has access to a key. MOO

February 23,2020

Edit **Worth watching! MOO

I finally had a chance to watch this video and I'm still trying to understand everything she said. I felt like I was watching a clip from a completely different case. Because I was totally lost and confused for most of that video. Part of it was a lack of names and concrete dates, I think. But also the content of what she was saying was so... out there...

Also, I feel like I need a lexicon for this interview explaining and differentiating between:
A. Cult terminology
B. Common Church of LDS terminology
C. Words and phrases without a specific religious context/culturally normative words

One word/phrase that stood out to me:

She says her future boss was "prompted" to call her and offer her the job. Chad also wrote on his blog about "feeling prompted" - This phrase is foreign to me, at least the way it is being used by both Chad and Jessica. The implication seems to be that God or an angel or spirit "prompted" the person to tell someone else to do something. Is prompted an LDS word/concept? Cult word/concept? Or is it common Idaho/Western US terminology regardless of religious background?

I need to watch this again in the morning when my brain is sharper... I'm falling asleep now.

MOO.

Last edited:
The doom *advertiser censored* is real among this group, particularly amongst the higher ups. Notice CP's tactics for controlling the narrative (as seen in the EIN article) is the same as found in the GRI - an overabundance of bold, large font, CAPS LOCK, red highlighting, underlining, etc., to create sensory overload and put fear into people. Not to mention suggestive innuendo of super secret insider information to keep the reader coming back for more.

Not sure if these fonts and type choices are so much sinister as appealing to old people...

I am sceptical the new info of the past 2 days changes anything right now

We know LV and Chad have told people all kinds of stories over the months about where the kids are, including dead, or (Chad) that LV had no kids.

While our darling duo can refuse to give answers to LE, obviously that is more difficult in their day to day lives. So the fact that dear Chad has been telling his culty mates more nonsense means nothing IMO, unless specifics are given

Melani is more interesting but is hearsay as to content and doesn't actually suggest the kids are stashed in my view. Indeed it feels quite sinister. One possible explanation is Melani herself needing to explain things away.

So yeah - until LV herself puts a version on the record, I don't take the idea seriously.

Not strange. The purpose of the affidavit is NOT to prove anything. There is zero requirement to prove anything in an affidavit when presenting it for an arrest warrant. Evidence isn't being shown to the judge that signs the warrant.

All that is required is to assert sufficient facts that a reasonable person would believe that it is more likely than not that a specific crime was committed by a specific individual. That is the standard for an arrest warrant.

Proving anything comes later in the process. It isn't necessary to include everything law enforcement knows and law enforcement usually will only include enough to get the warrant. The State has no obligation to turn over every possible rock nor follow every single bread crumb. Also it won't be necessary to prove everything that appeared in the affidavit for the arrest warrant, that is, just because we see any specific fact stated in the affidavit it doesn't mean that same specific fact has to be proven later in court, let alone even mentioned in any further proceeding. And finally, if it turns out after further investigation that any specific fact asserted in the affidavit is no longer true it doesn't necessarily affect the validity of the warrant because the statement of facts are those facts that are believed to be true at the time the affidavit was presented and each and every fact stands alone.

Also important to keep in mind that the core charge is abandonment, so the affidavit is focussed on establishing a foundation of factual information that if later accepted, would establish a decent case

So the key allegation is that LV has apparently abandoned the minors she is responsible for. Not whether persons unknown might be caring for them.

Does anyone find it strange that a few things are missing from the PC affidavit? The purpose of the affidavit is effectively to prove a negative, to prove that Lori has not arranged for support. They did that by confirming she is not paying anyone. But wouldn't they talk to close relatives? I wonder if they talked with Lori's parents. They would be an obvious choice. No mention is made of that. I know they are not required to talk to people like taht but I would think that they would and would mention it.

As Admiral Akbar once said

"It's a trap!"

LE have of course already checked out obvious options and disproved LVs lies

Now they invite the dubious duo to either give up the game, or spread more falsehoods.

This is why Chads comments to his culty mates might turn out to be very very stupid if those witnesses were called

It reminds me of get rich internet marketing claptrap of the late 90s

But now instead of becoming an internet millionaire, you get to survive the end of times with a charcoal grill and some cans of cat food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH