Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally had a chance to watch this video and I'm still trying to understand everything she said. I felt like I was watching a clip from a completely different case. Because I was totally lost and confused for most of that video. Part of it was a lack of names and concrete dates, I think. But also the content of what she was saying was so... out there...

Also, I feel like I need a lexicon for this interview explaining and differentiating between:
A. Cult terminology
B. Common Church of LDS terminology
C. Words and phrases without a specific religious context/culturally normative words

One word/phrase that stood out to me:

She says her future boss was "prompted" to call her and offer her the job. Chad also wrote on his blog about "feeling prompted" - This phrase is foreign to me, at least the way it is being used by both Chad and Jessica. The implication seems to be that God or an angel or spirit "prompted" the person to tell someone else to do something. Is prompted an LDS word/concept? Cult word/concept? Or is it common Idaho/Western US terminology regardless of religious background?

I need to watch this again in the morning when my brain is sharper... I'm falling asleep now.

MOO.

I personally think it is manipulative behaviour. Saying you have been prompted to do something (by God, spirits, dreams, visions etc) is used so that the listener signs up to the bullcrap, whatever that may be, ie tents, water containers, a job with no pay, offing someone.....

Which reminds me I love that CP does not know how to spell etc. He spelt it wrong three times.
ECT
ECT
ECT

He clearly DOES NOT study LATIN.

Et cetera.

I finally had a chance to watch this video and I'm still trying to understand everything she said. I felt like I was watching a clip from a completely different case. Because I was totally lost and confused for most of that video. Part of it was a lack of names and concrete dates, I think. But also the content of what she was saying was so... out there...

Also, I feel like I need a lexicon for this interview explaining and differentiating between:
A. Cult terminology
C. Words and phrases without a specific religious context/culturally normative words

She says her future boss was "prompted" to call her and offer her the job. Chad also wrote on his blog about "feeling prompted" - This phrase is foreign to me, at least the way it is being used by both Chad and Jessica. The implication seems to be that God or an angel or spirit "prompted" the person to tell someone else to do something. Is prompted an LDS word/concept? Cult word/concept? Or is it common Idaho/Western US terminology regardless of religious background?

I need to watch this again in the morning when my brain is sharper... I'm falling asleep now.

MOO.

I personally think it is manipulative behaviour. Saying you have been prompted to do something (by God, spirits, dreams, visions etc) is used so that the listener signs up to the bullcrap, whatever that may be, ie tents, water containers, a job with no pay, offing someone.....

Which reminds me I love that CP does not know how to spell etc. He spelt it wrong three times.
ECT
ECT
ECT

He clearly DOES NOT study LATIN.

Et cetera.

Not sure if these fonts and type choices are so much sinister as appealing to old people...

Explain please to this old person :)

ETA I know you weren't answering me but to explain my large capitals, I was mocking/parrotting CP. I don't use caps willy nilly like he appears to LOL.

Last edited:
I could believe they did it once, but to then return and do it a second time is just stupidity. Also, the one kid remaining would remember what happened at Yellowstone the first time and surely would not go. Unless they were fooled into thinking they were going to grandma's. Have to say though it would explain why Lori needed a babysitter up to the 19th Sept with no Tylee around.
I say the same thing. Can't go back and do it again. My feeling is that poor JJ was being destroyed after Tylee disappeared. This kind of child abuse deserves maximum sentencing.

Yep. Midlife crisis. Money Grabber. Mix. Explode.

I'll see your midlife crisis blended with money and raise you pathological lying and sociopathic behaviors. But in the end, I agree with you. It will just be a tale as old as time: Aging, plain (sick) man meets flirty, pretty (sick) girl, both with well-insured spouses, one with inconvenient children but a willing brother. Hundreds of lives damaged, some lost, because luvvvers gonna luv.

After yesterday’s news article I’m wondering if CP will send out another newsletter to clarify to his members. He seems like the kind of guy that needs to get the last word in and won’t take well to negative press coverage. I know we cannot sleuth non POIs here but in the interest of the kids safety it might be worth keeping an eye out for a response in case it has any clues in it. If anyone has access to his site please will they watch out for it? It can always be sent to Nate Eaton to put it in MSM. Just thinking aloud tbh and grasping at straws. MOO

I’m sure this is old news but I’m just finding this out, she gave away JJ’s service dog because of a ‘change in life circumstances’!? Would the ‘life’ in question be JJ’s planned lack of one?
[snipped for focus]

:mad::mad: The two of them couldn’t care less about the anguish they are causing relatives and friends. They exude selfishness.
'Cult mom' Lori Vallow appears in Hawaii court after arrest over disappearance of children | Daily Mail Online

Even worse, before giving the dog back to the trainer she attempted to sell him for $2500, saying that the dog's owner died. Here's the ad she placed found by diggndeeperstill:

I found a listing where it looks like Lori has the service dog for sale. The listing date was August 9, 2019. Where was this dog July 11, 2019?

Golden Doodle, Fully Trained Service Dog, Golden Doodle, Dogs and Puppies, Chandler, Arizona

https://animal.direct/pdf-export.html?listingID=20875

Golden Doodle, Fully Trained Service Dog, Dogs and Puppies
$ 2,500
Reference Number
RF748730
Title
Golden Doodle, Fully Trained Service Dog
Breed
Golden Doodle
Description
Bailey has such a sweet spirit- he has brought so much love to his home, but his owner recently died and he needs a new home. He is fully trained with certification as a service dog. Up to date on vaccinations. Has been trained with children in the home, non-smoking home. Bailey is sweet and friendly around other dogs. Looking for new owners who will appreciate and love him the way he has been loved! Spent 7,000 on service training, he is a full bred golden doodle, has experience on airplanes, has experience with people with autism.
Posted
Aug 09, 2019
United States
State/Province
Arizona
City
Chandler
ZIP code
CONTACT INFORMATION
Phone
(480) 692-9562

I guess she could not sell the dog because she later called the trainer the day before they left AZ and told him he had to come get him "right now". She lied to the trainer then saying that her daughter was already in college in Idaho. And she asked the trainer to lie to Tylee and say the dog already had a good home lined up. Bailey kept JJ from wandering and helped him sleep at night. He kept JJ calm and safe. And she got rid of that support for her child less than a month before the child disappeared. :mad::(

Some more interviews with Bailey's trainer:
Dog trainer: Lori Vallow gave up JJ's service dog just before Idaho move
Trainer of service dog that Lori Vallow gave away says missing JJ Vallow would sometimes wander off; family had to lock doors to keep boy from going out into the night
Missing Idaho kids update: Gilbert dog trainer may have been last person to see missing kids in Arizona

Can couples get sealed in a temple despite being married to someone else? For example, could Lori and Chad have been sealed to each other before Tammy and Charles had even died?

Only in their cultish minds! They would have to be card carrying members of the LDS church. I am pretty sure Lori is not.

I found a listing where it looks like Lori has the service dog for sale. The listing date was August 9, 2019. Where was this dog July 11, 2019?

Golden Doodle, Fully Trained Service Dog, Golden Doodle, Dogs and Puppies, Chandler, Arizona

Golden Doodle, Fully Trained Service Dog, Dogs and Puppies
$ 2,500
Reference Number
RF748730
Title
Golden Doodle, Fully Trained Service Dog
Breed
Golden Doodle
Description
Bailey has such a sweet spirit- he has brought so much love to his home, but his owner recently died and he needs a new home. He is fully trained with certification as a service dog. Up to date on vaccinations. Has been trained with children in the home, non-smoking home. Bailey is sweet and friendly around other dogs. Looking for new owners who will appreciate and love him the way he has been loved! Spent 7,000 on service training, he is a full bred golden doodle, has experience on airplanes, has experience with people with autism.
Posted
Aug 09, 2019
United States
State/Province
Arizona
City
Chandler
ZIP code
CONTACT INFORMATION
Phone
(480) 692-9562

86fef3ae-c92f-4fb4-a2eb-5a5738493602-jpeg.226934

@diggndeeperstill I'm so glad you did screenshots of the ad above when you first found it. I have just noticed that some info in the PDF changed. Under "breeder info" it still has "lolo ryan" but it says Tennessee and the phone number was cleared out. Could Lori have tried to change that info? Or maybe the breeder did to get his personal info removed? Very strange to me that it has Lori listed as the breeder now and Tennessee of all places... o_O:confused:

A. Cult terminology

MOO.

You'll see this word/concept or something close in both the LDS and LDS related cults context for sure.

86fef3ae-c92f-4fb4-a2eb-5a5738493602-jpeg.226934

@diggndeeperstill I'm so glad you did screenshots of the ad above when you first found it. I have just noticed that some info in the PDF changed. Under "breeder info" it still has "lolo ryan" but it says Tennessee and the phone number was cleared out. Could Lori have tried to change that info? Or maybe the breeder did to get his personal info removed? Very strange to me that it has Lori listed as the breeder now and Tennessee of all places... o_O:confused:

This whole thing with Bailey is so upsetting on top of everything else with this case. I wonder why she listed the dogs age 2 days old?

Last edited:
MOO but I think it was because the church Ex'd her so these others on the fringe cut ties with her. The church appears to be tolerating the others to a degree but Chad did lose his executive secretary position didn't he? Why was that ? Do we know the exact reason?

I don't think we know, but what evidence we have would, at least IMO, indicate it was because he changed wards which would have the effect of resigning his position in his old ward.

A. Cult terminology

MOO.

"Prompted" isn't unique to LDS. I've heard it all my life. Jmo

@raysgirl1126 I broke your quote. Anyone can go to a Sunday service or other activities at a wardhouse. I am not LDS and have been welcomed graciously numerous times. But you do need a Temple recommend to participate in Temple activities. A married couple being sealed is one of those.

Again, I am not LDS. So someone who is, is welcome to correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99