Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tresir2012
If I remember right she stated in that document that she lived several lives on this world, and several on other worlds, and that she was sealed (which also implies marriage and then some) to Moroni in one life, was Joseph Smith's grandmother, Fanny in another, and the wife of James the Just, brother to Jesus Christ, in yet another. I don't recall her saying she was sealed to Joseph Smith himself.

Reading a Nate article right now, so I have it handy like Holy Writ (lol):

Mother (Lori Vallow) has recently become infatuated, at times obsessive, about near-death experiences and spiritual visions. Mother has told Father (Charles Vallow) that she is sealed (eternally married) to the ancient Book of Mormon prophet Moroni and that she has lived numerous lives on numerous planets prior to this current life. Mother also believes that she was married to James the Just in a past life and also lived as Mary French in the 1800s, who was Joseph Smith Jr.’s natural grandmother. Mother also informed Father that she is a translated being who cannot taste death sent by God to lead the 144,000 into the Millennium. Mother believes that she is receiving spiritual revelations and visions to help her gather and prepare those chosen to live in the New Jerusalem after the Great War as prophesied in the book of Revelations.

Currently up here:

A look at the religious circle surrounding Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

Yes but seriously who really gets promptings from the Holy Spirit or God,? It is surely just used to get your own way, like Chad and his visions to get Tammy to stop playing Frontierville. MOO.

I just realized why it seems such a foreign concept to me. For background: I'm a non-denominational Christian (I've been in several different churches over the years) currently living in the Southeast US. In my religious circles it wouldn't be at all strange to hear someone say "I feel like God is leading me to do X" or "I've prayed about it and I feel lead to do X" but it's never acceptable (at least in my culture) for someone to tell another person outright "God told me to tell you that you should do X". I would run the other way from anyone who says something like that. They are either putting themselves in the place of God or claiming to have some special revelation about MY personal situation without me even asking their opinion? No way. I simply can't wrap my mind around why Jessica was so easily drawn in by a man telling her that he was "prompted" to tell her she should come work for him. I agree, tresir2012, that this prompting stuff sounds like a way to get others to do what you want under a cloak of spirituality.

Posting links for reference in case anyone is lost on what we are discussing:

A look at the religious circle surrounding Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

Yes she is in Kauai DOC fighting extradition to Idaho on identity and arrest grounds. $5 million bail. Next extradition hearing is on 2nd March. Has not talked AFAWK but some others in the case have apparently talked some. Kids are still missing.

No news on her talking, currently in Hawaii in Jail waiting extradition hearing on March 2.
Apparently,
Vallow has three defenses against the charges she faces, according to Leroy.
"One, she can produce the children at her own custody," he said.
"Number two, she can show they're in a lawful and proper custody,
being duly cared for by a third person or in the alternative if the children are no longer living,
they don't have to be anybody's care or custody or control,
but of course that raises substantial legal questions."

above snipped from
Court documents: Lori Vallow's niece allegedly knows where JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan are

Thank you very much for the update!

I was just wondering if there is a legal reason, or some other important reason, why it would matter if their marriage had been "sealed"? As far as the court is concerned, wouldn't a marriage certificate from the court house be enough?
I read in a post, many threads ago, that we weren't certain there was a marriage certificate, and their marriage was a ceremony of commitment. If this has been answered already, I apologize. Thank you.

I'm very familiar with this tactic of his and it's NOT normal. He often talked people into it. He did not often have them come to him. I guess this is his way of soliciting business? It has always creeped me out that of the 4 authors (besides himself) that I know of... 3 of them I know were approached just like this. He hunted them down.

More like, he knew that these people would be receptive to his cult beliefs, so he cold called them, not unlike LDS missionaries visit people who indicate an interest in the LDS church.

To change the topic slightly from the temple sealing speculation discussion. I'm reminded of something that keeps bothering me from Chad's blog posts. Almost every author he signed he first met and communicated with on an unnamed forum or website. Then he describes how he went to the forum member's home and convinced him or her to write books.

Here's one example:

"I visited a website in early 2015 where HS* had shared a few dreams he had experienced throughout his life. More recently he had been having dreams about his family’s future. I read them with interest..."

[...]

"Then one Friday night in January I was talking with my family at home in Springville when the Spirit said, “Go knock on HS’s door right now. He needs to write a book.”

I really hate receiving those kinds of messages. I know how writing a book can change a person’s life completely, for good and bad. I had never met HS or even sent him an email message, but I went to the computer and found his address. I was happy to see he also lived in Springville. At least the Spirit knew it would be a short trip. I was expecting him to live in Provo or even farther.

I grabbed my jacket and told my wife Tammy, “Uh, I need to go tell someone they need to write a book.” She is fortunately accustomed to this kind of thing. She said, “Okay. I’ll see you when you get back.”

It was dark by the time I got to HS’s home. I rang the doorbell, and HS opened the door a bit tentatively. I said, “Hi, I’m Chad Daybell. I publish Julie Rowe’s books. You’ve heard of her, right?”

HS nodded. “Yeah, I’ve read her books.”

“Can I come in for a minute?” I asked. HS graciously allowed me in, and I explained I had read some of his dreams on a website. He shared more details about them, and we really felt like old friends right from the start. I met his wife, who is also named Tammy, and I thought that was a good sign. After an hour and a half, I finally broached the subject of writing a book. HS looked shocked. “Me?” he asked. “Wow, I don’t know.”

I figured that answer was better than “No.” So I explained how I would help assemble it. He soon agreed to do it, and I made sure Tammy was on board as well. They are a great couple, and she has been a huge support every step of the way."

8- Halos and Hector Sosa | cdaybell.com

*Changed name to initials. BBM.

There's something so off about this whole thing but I'm struggling to put my thoughts into words... It's freaky to me that Chad looked up HS's home address, knocked on his door without ever having met him and as a total stranger Chad was let in to talk to HS for an hour and half... And then out of the blue Chad convinces HS to write a book. For one thing, I thought the publishing world usually worked the other way around and authors sought to get themselves published or get a contract to write book. But even putting aside the claim that Chad convinced HS to write a book, I can't make this story match up with any world or culture I have ever lived in. I feel like I'm reading an episode of the twilight zone every time I read this... it seems so.. unreal is the best word I can come up with. Is it just me?

MOO.

The only thing this reminds me of is a double glazing salesman.

To change the topic slightly from the temple sealing speculation discussion. I'm reminded of something that keeps bothering me from Chad's blog posts. Almost every author he signed he first met and communicated with on an unnamed forum or website. Then he describes how he went to the forum member's home and convinced him or her to write books.

Here's one example:

"I visited a website in early 2015 where HS* had shared a few dreams he had experienced throughout his life. More recently he had been having dreams about his family’s future. I read them with interest..."

[...]

"Then one Friday night in January I was talking with my family at home in Springville when the Spirit said, “Go knock on HS’s door right now. He needs to write a book.”

I really hate receiving those kinds of messages. I know how writing a book can change a person’s life completely, for good and bad. I had never met HS or even sent him an email message, but I went to the computer and found his address. I was happy to see he also lived in Springville. At least the Spirit knew it would be a short trip. I was expecting him to live in Provo or even farther.

I grabbed my jacket and told my wife Tammy, “Uh, I need to go tell someone they need to write a book.” She is fortunately accustomed to this kind of thing. She said, “Okay. I’ll see you when you get back.”

It was dark by the time I got to HS’s home. I rang the doorbell, and HS opened the door a bit tentatively. I said, “Hi, I’m Chad Daybell. I publish Julie Rowe’s books. You’ve heard of her, right?”

HS nodded. “Yeah, I’ve read her books.”

“Can I come in for a minute?” I asked. HS graciously allowed me in, and I explained I had read some of his dreams on a website. He shared more details about them, and we really felt like old friends right from the start. I met his wife, who is also named Tammy, and I thought that was a good sign. After an hour and a half, I finally broached the subject of writing a book. HS looked shocked. “Me?” he asked. “Wow, I don’t know.”

I figured that answer was better than “No.” So I explained how I would help assemble it. He soon agreed to do it, and I made sure Tammy was on board as well. They are a great couple, and she has been a huge support every step of the way."

8- Halos and Hector Sosa | cdaybell.com

*Changed name to initials. BBM.

There's something so off about this whole thing but I'm struggling to put my thoughts into words... It's freaky to me that Chad looked up HS's home address, knocked on his door without ever having met him and as a total stranger Chad was let in to talk to HS for an hour and half... And then out of the blue Chad convinces HS to write a book. For one thing, I thought the publishing world usually worked the other way around and authors sought to get themselves published or get a contract to write book. But even putting aside the claim that Chad convinced HS to write a book, I can't make this story match up with any world or culture I have ever lived in. I feel like I'm reading an episode of the twilight zone every time I read this... it seems so.. unreal is the best word I can come up with. Is it just me?

MOO.

Definitely not just you! And I have no better descriptive terms than you have suggested.

In the LDS community, this wouldn't be weird at all. It's common terminology.
makes sense, is same within EV world as well. would have never troubled me... i probly would have in fact leaped at the chance to have a job that G*D TOLD an employer to offer me. (of course i realise now how nutty that sounds and naive that thinking really is, just as the lady being interviewed also said)

This case gets weirder by the day. At this point I really don’t know but anything’s possible. I have said before I really don’t want to discount anything until we know 100% where the kids are and what happened to them. The adults in this case weren’t thinking rationally so what we expect to happen rationally possibly is as far away from reality as it gets.

With regards to the dog...if JJ were alive and in hiding. Not everyone likes dogs. Peoples opinions on them are very different and it’s possible if they were alive whoever took them didn’t like/was allergic/scared of them. I suspect they got rid of the dog though as it’s natural instinct would be to protect the kids.

The service dog was trained so that protective behaviour could have been even more intense? Labradoodles are strong dogs, they’re highly strung, intelligent, the only dog that’s ever knocked me off my feet twice in a row tbh. I wonder if the dog didn’t like LV as it would sense she was a danger? My own dogs have done it with people and they’re not service dogs, they’ve always been right in the long run though. Maybe it shows an element of premeditated behaviour as she couldn’t do whatever she had planned next with Bailey around? MOO

BBM

The story about the dog is heartbreaking but I was considering a possible, more practical reason why the dog had to go away. LV had been asked to move out of the Chandler rental by the landlord after CV was killed. I think whatever plans had been made were accelerated by having to vacate by the end of August. Is it possible the new rental in Idaho was not pet friendly? Just exploring different angles...MOO

More like, he knew that these people would be receptive to his cult beliefs, so he cold called them, not unlike LDS missionaries visit people who indicate an interest in the LDS church.
Mmm... no, not really. I wouldn't say that anyone who published books through him is involved in his cult or any cult. I know my friend felt pushed into it, later regretted it, but she's been outspoken against Chad for at least the 5 years I have known her. She's never been a prepper. She's never been involved with any of that ans is actually EXTREMELY outspoken about Julie Rowe saying she was very cultish and that people listening to her should stop.

@tresir2012
If I remember right she stated in that document that she lived several lives on this world, and several on other worlds, and that she was sealed (which also implies marriage and then some) to Moroni in one life, was Joseph Smith's grandmother, Fanny in another, and the wife of James the Just, brother to Jesus Christ, in yet another. I don't recall her saying she was sealed to Joseph Smith himself.
I may have misinterpreted some of the details but I think it comes from the divorce document or from KVW but wasn't Joseph Smith's grandmother also married or sealed to him later? My only point really is if multiple sealing is ok for Joseph Smith then prophet Chad and Lori could have thought it OK too. MOO.

BBM

The story about the dog is heartbreaking but I was considering a possible, more practical reason why the dog had to go away. LV had been asked to move out of the Chandler rental by the landlord after CV was killed. I think whatever plans had been made were accelerated by having to vacate by the end of August. Is it possible the new rental in Idaho was not pet friendly? Just exploring different angles...MOO
I thought about that actually, but then when it's an actual service or therapy dog, by law, most landlords have to accept the animal. Usually they desire an extra fee, and maybe she didn't want to pay that?

Mmm... no, not really. I wouldn't say that anyone who published books through him is involved in his cult or any cult. I know my friend felt pushed into it, later regretted it, but she's been outspoken against Chad for at least the 5 years I have known her. She's never been a prepper. She's never been involved with any of that ans is actually EXTREMELY outspoken about Julie Rowe saying she was very cultish and that people listening to her should stop.
So he exploited his authors you mean?

I may have misinterpreted some of the details but I think it comes from the divorce document or from KVW but wasn't Joseph Smith's grandmother also married or sealed to him later? My only point really is if multiple sealing is ok for Joseph Smith then prophet Chad and Lori could have thought it OK too. MOO.
Sealing is a family linking... it can be children sealed to their parents, or spouses sealed together. So far today we have only discussed sealing regarding spouses. But yes Joseph was sealed to his parents who were in turn sealed to his grandparents. That is how families are linked eternally in our beliefs. I haven't seen anything about a sealing to Joseph Smith, even though that would be obvious to any LDS person... but most LDS people do not believe that we live multiple lives, and that's where it would be disbelieved by most.

So he exploited his authors you mean?
In my opinion - yes he has exploited authors, and he hasn't done business in a very legal way. He's in breach of contract with my friend not having given her back her legal rights, and not paying her royalties since he said he would and didn't. He's horrible at the business end of this.

Tylee is young beautiful and blonde, they probably kept her and married her off, does anyone else think this is possible? Why would they have let the dog go and not get rid of him too ?
i think its possible, not likely, but yes possible... becoz i once knew a girl who had fled from PRECISELY that scenario. she told me some horror stories of her confinement in her Sealed Marriage to some big head in her families culty sect, and how she'd fled several times allready only to have brothers and inlaws track her down and drag her back home. which, eventually, happened again. NOT SAYING THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO TYLEE-- only that its possible. Depends how much worth her mother and CD's cult place on keeping breeders for repopulating the New World, which at this point, we have no idea. It certainly wouldnt be the most convenient route for Lori to go, and if that gal has one MO it sure seems to be whatevers most convenient to her in the moment.

Notice that of all the books he published, very very few were not oriented to his own interests in NDE's (Near death experiences) or to other aspects of his fringe type beliefs. He went after those people he felt would further this agenda of his and pushed them into writing books even if they were disinclined to in the beginning.

I just realized why it seems such a foreign concept to me. For background: I'm a non-denominational Christian (I've been in several different churches over the years) currently living in the Southeast US. In my religious circles it wouldn't be at all strange to hear someone say "I feel like God is leading me to do X" or "I've prayed about it and I feel lead to do X" but it's never acceptable (at least in my culture) for someone to tell another person outright "God told me to tell you that you should do X". I would run the other way from anyone who says something like that. They are either putting themselves in the place of God or claiming to have some special revelation about MY personal situation without me even asking their opinion? No way. I simply can't wrap my mind around why Jessica was so easily drawn in by a man telling her that he was "prompted" to tell her she should come work for him. I agree, tresir2012, that this prompting stuff sounds like a way to get others to do what you want under a cloak of spirituality.

Posting links for reference in case anyone is lost on what we are discussing:

So, out of curiosity; if Chad had actually said something like "I felt led to offer you this job", you would still think it weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23