Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has either hardwood or tile flooring in the main living areas (Where CV's body was located) and low pile carpet in the bedrooms: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5531-S-Four-Peaks-Pl-Chandler-AZ-85249/59261947_zpid/?mmlb=g,5

ETA: I found it strange in the bodycam video of the scene that there was nothing in the room where CV was located except huge mirrors on 3 walls. No rug, no furniture, nada. I know they only moved in 3 weeks before the shooting but to not have at least a throw rug to dampen the echo of that room seems unusual.... MOO.

This is speculation again but I wonder if that front room with the mirrors on the wall was a place of prayer and meditation for Lori. The infinity mirrors (reflecting mirrors) seem to be a part of LDS culture (to our LDS members if I am butchering this explanation my apologies and could someone please clarify) and she had yoga mats in her closet (they can be seen on the ground when the officer is clearing rooms. There may have been some spiritual significance to killing him in there. This is just a half-baked theory though. MOO

Utah doesn’t have this capability. The ME Office has been under-funded for years. They are just getting back up to speed. Privacy is a big deal here as well. A few years ago the University Hospital lost a ton of patient data that caused some serious issues. The Pathologists are great here. They generally are affiliated with the University Hospital and Med School.

Thank you for this information!

Could IP be working with authorities behind the scenes but still keeping a relationship with MBP as if nothing is going on?

Seems plausible (as someone with NO experience/background in investigations), but I would think that they'd have strongly warned BB not to "let the cat out of the bag" in the way he did.

It's entirely possible you're right. My only point is that (again, unless I've missed something), we only have BB's assertion about what IP said.

BB's assertion may be 100% true (and in some ways, I hope it is, as would seem to make the cases much tidier). But I don't think we've heard that LE has independently corroborated BB's claim regarding IP.

Perhaps I'm too suspicious of whether/why LE would reveal IP's testimony to BB.

Possibly because he was the victim of an attempted murder and one of the POI is now trying to regain custody of his children. They (meaning LE) may be walking a fine line between giving BB enough ammunition to keep the children safe without having to prematurely bring charges against her. Purely a theory and MOO.

Im not sure how much of brandons story i buy. He may have strong suspicions and they msy be correct but i would like to know how he knows some of the things he is claiming that he does.
One of the things he alleges is that peope associated with the cult are disapearing and turning up dead. We know about the ones we been discussing but I'd be curious if other members of other cult members are having similiar experiences.

Yes, in court documents Brandon said.. "adults and children alike have been being killed off like flies,.."
Investigators are saying they've not been able to substantiate Brandon's claims but are still investigating.

Seems plausible (as someone with NO experience/background in investigations), but I would think that they'd have strongly warned BB not to "let the cat out of the bag" in the way he did.
It was in his court case paperwork. I'd agree if he'd gone to the press with it, but I think he's fully justified to bring it up in his custody battle. That's where it's relevant.

moo

Wow.

Wowowowow.

So, MBP's defense, as it is, is basically going to be to throw Alex under the bus.

Will I be surprised if his wife-now-widow of 2 weeks' duration ZP, already called out as weird and sketchy by those interviewed on Dateline NBC, already holding MBP's hand; shows up to say that AC acted alone in shooting at Brandon? No I will not. :mad:

I'll be furious at lil' miss butter wouldn't melt in her mouth blondie (catch the smirk on her face at the end of the defense table); I won't be surprised.

Waitaminute now. Just because Alex was in Rexburg doesn't mean MBP didn't want BB dead. It just means Alex didn't shoot at BB. However, if MBP did want BB dead, she could have very easily pulled the trigger herself. I think the complete 180 as the perfect saint she's pulled with her statements and the prior actions of texting "going to Boise", tossing the kids' stuff to the curb, and moving to Rexburg with Lori show just how much her words can be trusted. She's trying to cover something, so she deflects not to the argue the verity of the substance of BB's claim: "MBP and Alex plotted to kill BB", but to the "Alex couldn't have done it, he was in Rexburg". It's deflection. It's misdirection.

Wow.

Wowowowow.

So, MBP's defense, as it is, is basically going to be to throw Alex under the bus.

Will I be surprised if his wife-now-widow of 2 weeks' duration ZP, already called out as weird and sketchy by those interviewed on Dateline NBC, already holding MBP's hand; shows up to say that AC acted alone in shooting at Brandon? No I will not. :mad:

I'll be furious at lil' miss butter wouldn't melt in her mouth blondie (catch the smirk on her face at the end of the defense table); I won't be surprised.

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't Melani saying that Alex was in Idaho at the time of the drive-by attempt? Brandon is the one claiming Melani and Alex conspired to try to kill him. Melani seems to be saying Alex wasn't involved (in the drive-by) and neither was she. I think that claiming Alex is innocent is going to come back to bite her in the butt later... Her lawyer only has Melani's word that she recognizes her uncle Alex on the storage unit CCTV from Oct 2, but we've examined those videos six ways to Sunday and we haven't been able to prove it with what has been released. Even though Nate Eaton and Dateline have said it's "believed to be Alex" or "possibly Alex" that doesn't prove it's Alex.... MOO.

I am so sorry that happened to you! I too have experienced the ugliness of greed in the family. Almost the same exact story, the son takes advantage of the mother. I think my mom was poisoned because of his greed. And in my grief, I threw out the evidence. But he has to live with that for eternity. It is sooo sad. Was it worth it, buddy? I pray he finds the Lord and repents before he goes. No amount of money is worth destroying relationships.

Yea, this is true. My dad who is normally a very serious and stoic man, told me this joke once.

He said "You'll never see a U-haul following behind a Hearse do you?"

The older I get the more I value time, and the less interested I am in money.

We can all get money, we can save it for a rainy day. Time though once it's gone it's gone.

As a single father what I regret the most looking back is related to how I spent my time. MOO

It's possible that DoctorAttorney was right in her claim that Mormons distrusted autopsies sometime in the past. And, MOO, the logic both you and her seem to point to -- that any distrust of cremation may also carry over to autopsies as both involving some kind of mutilation of the body -- is plausible. I just haven't been able to find evidence of this being the actual case.

My sense, and I suspect other LDS members may have a better view than I do on this, is that the LDS preference for burying over cremation derives from a general American traditional cultural disposition. As people started to ask questions later on, then some leaders or others may have argued that burying is somehow better for the body during the Resurrection than cremation. Then that kind of took on a notion that perhaps God prefers burial.

But as you argue, this ultimately doesn't make a lot of sense. Mormons believe that people whose bodies were blown up in war or lost at sea, for example, are in no worse of a position at the Resurrection than those who are buried. There's certainly nothing scriptural related to this. And the church indeed today accommodates cremation based on family desires.

Ashes to ashes: More people choosing cremation

"According to a statement provided to the Deseret News, the [LDS] church "does not encourage cremation but recognizes the practice is required by law in some countries. This, along with other burial decisions, is left to the family of the deceased." [BYU Professor Roger] Keller notes the practicality of the statement. "You know in Japan you're going be cremated no matter what you are," he said in an interview, "and the (LDS) church accepts that."

Yet cremation is somewhat "frowned upon" among Utah's LDS faithful and remains a rare choice here, he said, recalling one cremation in the past five years , when he was an LDS bishop. "They're dressed in their temple robes in the casket and you know there's a tie to the doctrine in the resurrection — in the resurrection, you will rise with family," Keller said. "But everyone knows darn well if you're buried at sea or the fish eat you or you're cremated, God can put you back together."

Still, the taboo remains for some, [Bountiful LDS resident] West says. "I think a lot of people looked down on us for having her cremated," West said. One man recently told him: "God's going to have a hard time finding all her pieces to put her back together." And West's grandfather was none too thrilled with his daughter's choice."I think it kind of offended him by (her) not wanting to be buried," West said. "He was old-school Catholic. ... I just don't think he was used to it."[/quote]

So, I don't think it's anybody's imagination, as the above was written in 2008. I'm mid-forties, and with a history of a lot of Mike Pence-esque fundagelicals in the family, I can guarantee that I've older family members who refuse to have their organs donated and have cringed at the grandparents' decision to be cremated, because they have the same worldview as the "pieces put together" man upthread - God needs an intact body to resurrect. I've never had to confront the "autopsy" decision, but I can't imagine them liking it much more than the "keep all my organs inside my body" decision.

Waitaminute now. Just because Alex was in Rexburg doesn't mean MBP didn't want BB dead. It just means Alex didn't shoot at BB. However, if MBP did want BB dead, she could have very easily pulled the trigger herself. I think the complete 180 as the perfect saint she's pulled with her statements and the prior actions of texting "going to Boise", tossing the kids' stuff to the curb, and moving to Rexburg with Lori show just how much her words can be trusted. She's trying to cover something, so she deflects not to the argue the verity of the substance of BB's claim: "MBP and Alex plotted to kill BB", but to the "Alex couldn't have done it, he was in Rexburg". It's deflection. It's misdirection.

Yep...Melani insisting Alex was in Rexburg as a defense does nothing to bolster claims of Melani's innocence in the drive-by. In fact, for me it has the opposite effect. Only so many people had access to Tylee's Jeep. Tylee has not been seen by anyone since Sept 8th. The Jeep ended up back in Rexburg but Tylee never did. The facts narrow down the suspect pool quite a bit. If Alex was in fact in the storage unit in Rexburg Oct 2nd then he wasn't in AZ shooting at BB. Why do I feel like Melani has just lit a giant flashing arrow pointing to herself while trying to claim her innocence? o_O

Anybody else really curious to see video of LV on Wheel of Fortune? Surely there's a Wheel fanatic out there who records it every day...

After seeing the Mrs Texas strut I'm not sure if I could handle seeing her flash a flirty smile at Pat Sajak and giving Vanna White a "leave my man alone" look. :)

MOO

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't Melani saying that Alex was in Idaho at the time of the drive-by attempt? Brandon is the one claiming Melani and Alex conspired to try to kill him. Melani seems to be saying Alex wasn't involved (in the drive-by) and neither was she. I think that claiming Alex is innocent is going to come back to bite her in the butt later... Her lawyer only has Melani's word that she recognizes her uncle Alex on the storage unit CCTV from Oct 2, but we've examined those videos six ways to Sunday and we haven't been able to prove it with what has been released. Even though Nate Eaton and Dateline have said it's "believed to be Alex" or "possibly Alex" that doesn't prove it's Alex.... MOO.

I'm sure you're both right, as there's a lot of stuff to keep straight here; but aren't LE/other TPTB sure that the shooter was driving Tylee's Jeep? I must admit I'm not as up on my Alex as I am on everybody else's movements, as I was mentally resistant for a long while to the "Alex as hit man" movement since it seemed too complicated and dire; but who else would have been driving the Jeep?

I'd never heard of those, even though one side of my family is LDS. I appreciated the post. Looked up the recipe and can't wait to make them!

I would think that no matter what your opinion of the Mormon church and their beliefs that funeral potatoes would be something everyone could agree were good, but ... well, I've said too much already. :)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member