Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #5

It's so hard to imagine that Faye was abducted, murdered and laid to rest all within a couple of weeks. I cannot imagine how her parents and loved ones are coping with the loss.:(

This perp lured or disabled Faye, took her to his apartment and murdered her. He's a child killer and needs to only leave prison in a pine box.

JMO

It's so hard to imagine that Faye was abducted, murdered and laid to rest all within a couple of weeks. I cannot imagine how her parents and loved ones are coping with the loss.:(

This perp lured or disabled Faye, took her to his apartment and murdered her. He's a child killer and needs to only leave prison in a pine box.

JMO
Erm he committed suicide the day they found her and the police were closing in on him.

JMO

When teaching 1st graders (sweet little Faye's age) a few days ago, the entire class was all agreeing, "Pinky Promise", that they would never, ever go with a stranger, or even help a stranger "look for a lost puppy", etc. (It's the *least* I can do, to try to help our youngest, most vulnerable ones to be safe from... "creeps".)

Right after we did the "Pinky Promise", all kinds of hands went up; nearly every student had a story to tell of adult strangers who came up to them, trying to lure them away, some of them, even with their parent nearby (and often these parents were... on their cell phones talking, and totally not watching their children -- this, directly from the 1st graders themselves). One student reported that he was at a local park last fall, and a stranger (male) came up to him, offering him a whole bag of Nerds (candy). The student's mom was nearby, but... said to the young boy, "Not to worry -- just a nice man..." :eek: (Am just *shocked* at such a comment, and by a parent, too...) What's even worse: the same strange adult saw the young boy again, and **again** offered him "free candy". Soo creepy, JMOO.

So hoping and praying that my repeated encouragements to these young children to not accept candy/treats/free "anything" from strangers, and to RUN away from them as *fast* as they can, will save a life -- maybe even many lives...

ETA: How can these sweet 1st graders not have a "hinky meter"? Have they never been told about "Stranger Danger"? How can we/those of us who know/interact with young children help them, I wonder?

I think more often than not we overdo it. It's not good for society for children to grow up learning everyone is a danger and people who are nice are probably trying to kill them. Children just need to learn to stay close to their parents and parents need to be held accountable for their childrens' safety. I hate to make that point in this thread because I do not believe Faye's parents/guardians were at all negligent. Faye probably did need a better "stranger danger" and automatic "check with mom". Some kids are just naturally friendly and it's heartbreaking to destroy that in the interest of their safety. We really just need a better way of identifying dangerous individuals but it really doesn't seem like there were any real flags at all with Taylor. One of the reasons I really really hate this case.

When teaching 1st graders (sweet little Faye's age) a few days ago, the entire class was all agreeing, "Pinky Promise", that they would never, ever go with a stranger, or even help a stranger "look for a lost puppy", etc. (It's the *least* I can do, to try to help our youngest, most vulnerable ones to be safe from... "creeps".)

Right after we did the "Pinky Promise", all kinds of hands went up; nearly every student had a story to tell of adult strangers who came up to them, trying to lure them away, some of them, even with their parent nearby (and often these parents were... on their cell phones talking, and totally not watching their children -- this, directly from the 1st graders themselves). One student reported that he was at a local park last fall, and a stranger (male) came up to him, offering him a whole bag of Nerds (candy). The student's mom was nearby, but... said to the young boy, "Not to worry -- just a nice man..." :eek: (Am just *shocked* at such a comment, and by a parent, too...) What's even worse: the same strange adult saw the young boy again, and **again** offered him "free candy". Soo creepy, JMOO.

So hoping and praying that my repeated encouragements to these young children to not accept candy/treats/free "anything" from strangers, and to RUN away from them as *fast* as they can, will save a life -- maybe even many lives...

ETA: How can these sweet 1st graders not have a "hinky meter"? Have they never been told about "Stranger Danger"? How can we/those of us who know/interact with young children help them, I wonder?
In a perfect world, being a 1st grade teacher would be my dream job. :) I can't thank our educators enough and wish they were compensated more appropriately than they are. Your service is priceless.

In a perfect world, being a 1st grade teacher would be my dream job. :) I can't thank our educators enough and wish they were compensated more appropriately than they are. Your service is priceless.

Thank you for your kind words, girlhasnoname!

(In the post I wrote earlier today, I only shared *one* story of about a dozen -- this, from a class of 23 -- of the many things that those young students shared the other day... -- and the story I shared here several hours ago was one of the "tamer" things that they shared. I could hardly sleep that night, after having heard those sweet children telling of the completely unknown people who had come up to them -- all in "flash moments" when a parent/adult with them just happened to step away to take a call, or to visit with a familiar friend, etc. in a store or at a park.

For the record, for whoever happens to be reading through these posts, never one time did I suggest, or even hint to those students that there were people "out there" wanting to kill those children/any children. My only hope is to help them to make wise choices in the future.)

ETA: Part of the general health curriculum includes various safety topics -- including fire safety, and making safe choices to not speak with strangers.

I think more often than not we overdo it. It's not good for society for children to grow up learning everyone is a danger and people who are nice are probably trying to kill them. Children just need to learn to stay close to their parents and parents need to be held accountable for their childrens' safety. I hate to make that point in this thread because I do not believe Faye's parents/guardians were at all negligent. Faye probably did need a better "stranger danger" and automatic "check with mom". Some kids are just naturally friendly and it's heartbreaking to destroy that in the interest of their safety. We really just need a better way of identifying dangerous individuals but it really doesn't seem like there were any real flags at all with Taylor. One of the reasons I really really hate this case.
The unfortunate truth is that children are trusting and innocent by nature. We can drill this stuff into their heads until they seem to understand it, but “in the moment” they are not always able to apply what they know. I have a school age daughter who is so much like Faye’s mom described her. She has been a ray of sunshine since the day she was born, and makes friends everywhere we go. I worry about her A LOT, because she often forgets that she needs to check in with me before she goes inside her friend’s house two houses down our cul-de-sac. They will be playing in our shared yard, and then suddenly they are not, and I have to go looking for her. We live across the street from a public park, and even though she KNOWS you aren’t supposed to talk to adult strangers, if someone came over and said their dog ran away - even though we have even played out this EXACT SCENARIO, and when asked why it is not safe, she said “because adults shouldn’t ask kids for help” - there is no guarantee that she wouldn’t go ahead and walk off to look for that dog. Kids of all ages, especially teens, are known for not being able to accurately predict the potential consequences of their actions, but young school age children like sweet Faye and my precious daughter aren’t even at the developmental stage where they can truly understand the concept of danger. :’(

MOO.

Thank you for your kind words, girlhasnoname!

(In the post I wrote earlier today, I only shared *one* story of about a dozen -- this, from a class of 23 -- of the many things that those young students shared the other day... -- and the story I shared here several hours ago was one of the "tamer" things that they shared. I could hardly sleep that night, after having heard those sweet children telling of the completely unknown people who had come up to them -- all in "flash moments" when a parent/adult with them just happened to step away to take a call, or to visit with a familiar friend, etc. in a store or at a park.

For the record, for whoever happens to be reading through these posts, never one time did I suggest, or even hint to those students that there were people "out there" wanting to kill those children/any children. My only hope is to help them to make wise choices in the future.)

ETA: Part of the general health curriculum includes various safety topics -- including fire safety, and making safe choices to not speak with strangers.

I hope teachers will also encourage children to report things said and done by family members that make them uncomfortable.

Most of the women I know who have been molested were groomed for some time by a family member before fondling or actual sexual acts were performed on them.

Many of them never told anyone until they were grown and/or the perpetrator was dead.

The unfortunate truth is that children are trusting and innocent by nature. We can drill this stuff into their heads until they seem to understand it, but “in the moment” they are not always able to apply what they know. I have a school age daughter who is so much like Faye’s mom described her. She has been a ray of sunshine since the day she was born, and makes friends everywhere we go. I worry about her A LOT, because she often forgets that she needs to check in with me before she goes inside her friend’s house two houses down our cul-de-sac. They will be playing in our shared yard, and then suddenly they are not, and I have to go looking for her. We live across the street from a public park, and even though she KNOWS you aren’t supposed to talk to adult strangers, if someone came over and said their dog ran away - even though we have even played out this EXACT SCENARIO, and when asked why it is not safe, she said “because adults shouldn’t ask kids for help” - there is no guarantee that she wouldn’t go ahead and walk off to look for that dog. Kids of all ages, especially teens, are known for not being able to accurately predict the potential consequences of their actions, but young school age children like sweet Faye and my precious daughter aren’t even at the developmental stage where they can truly understand the concept of danger. :’(

MOO.
Well, it's 2020 and we actually have access to literal tracking devices we can put on people. Someone in another thread said that there's a GPS with cellular data that goes in an insole you might think about looking into. It's not going to be too many more years until everyone carries a cell phone in some form factor even two year olds.

I hope teachers will also encourage children to report things said and done by family members that make them uncomfortable.

Most of the women I know who have been molested were groomed for some time by a family member before fondling or actual sexual acts were performed on them.

Many of them never told anyone until they were grown and/or the perpetrator was dead.
There's no doubt that children are hundreds of times more likely to be harmed by a family member than by a stranger. There are definitely established systems in place that get kids talking about their home life and in the United States teachers are mandated reporters - they actually do have legal consequence if they fail to report signs of abuse, unlike the parents as crazy as that seems.

Cases like this one with the perpetrator being a random nerd but if we look at it rationally, the fact that many of most students in a class have a story about someone offering them candy or trying to talk to them when their parent wasn't with them is actually proof that the overwhelming majority of people who are nice to children are just people being nice to children. That's why they weren't abducted, not because mom just barely made it back in time to put a stop to it or the would-be murderer got spooked and abandoned his nefarious plan.

There's no doubt that children are hundreds of times more likely to be harmed by a family member than by a stranger. There are definitely established systems in place that get kids talking about their home life and in the United States teachers are mandated reporters - they actually do have legal consequence if they fail to report signs of abuse, unlike the parents as crazy as that seems.

Cases like this one with the perpetrator being a random nerd but if we look at it rationally, the fact that many of most students in a class have a story about someone offering them candy or trying to talk to them when their parent wasn't with them is actually proof that the overwhelming majority of people who are nice to children are just people being nice to children. That's why they weren't abducted, not because mom just barely made it back in time to put a stop to it or the would-be murderer got spooked and abandoned his nefarious plan.

Yes, we are indeed "Mandatory Reporters". But even *before* I was a Mandatory Reporter, I was, and am, a caring, compassionate human being, and know very well how trusting and sweet most young children are.

What I did not share, evilwise, were the stories the students told of having been physically yanked by "nice" strangers -- the type you've described as being "nice to children". What I did not share were the stories of students who said that they physically kicked adult individuals in their scary attempts to get away from those adults, and to RUN away to safety.

These are sweet young children -- not perfect, but very sweet, and not at all the type who go around kicking people! That in itself should clarify the intensely nefarious nature of these "stranger danger" types of adults.

No one has stated AFAIK that anyone is telling young children that there are people out there waiting to abduct, abuse, or to murder them! But we would be ignoring reality, were we to simply tell young children to just "have fun, and run, play, accept treats ["bribes"] from any adult..."

ETA: No one doubts that there are, sadly enough, numerous cases of people who were abused by people close to them (i. e., immediate family members, or close relatives). The same advice goes to all young people, including with regard to the relatives of those young people, to be very, very cautious, if *any* adult is asking that young person to do something that is not normal.

What I did not share, evilwise, were the stories the students told of having been physically yanked by "nice" strangers -- the type you've described as being "nice to children". What I did not share were the stories of students who said that they physically kicked adult individuals in their scary attempts to get away from those adults, and to RUN away to safety.
Unless you're an elementary school teacher in the Congo I think it's unlikely that multiple children in your class have narrowly escaped abduction attempts by strangers and much more likely that their stories are a direct result of them having been taught to live in fear, a systemic element of societal collapse.

Lexington Sheriff on Twitter
A recent case involving a little girl by the name of Faye Marie Swetlik has touched our entire community; a situation that will likely be on our minds and in our memories for a long time to come.
8:50 PM - 1 Mar 2020

With a grateful heart - Lexington County Sheriff's Department
[...]

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who played a part in this case. I witnessed some of the greatest actions of support from many corners of our country. Local, State and federal agencies stepped in to offer investigative assistance and policing to the Cayce Department of Public Safety. It truly shows how powerful our community is. Over 250 law enforcement personnel were on-scene during the week searching for Faye.

[...]

May we never forget Faye and how she impacted all of our lives.

Unless you're an elementary school teacher in the Congo I think it's unlikely that multiple children in your class have narrowly escaped abduction attempts by strangers and much more likely that their stories are a direct result of them having been taught to live in fear, a systemic element of societal collapse.

With all due respect, I wonder if you are around young children daily, so that you would know and be aware of the current state of things with regard to unsavory adults. As a person who *is* around young children daily, and who works with others who are also around such young children, we know (and are, sadly enough, far from imagining) such things.

I pray that you never have to hear or learn of such a thing happening to a young child in your family or neighborhood. I rest my case.

With all due respect, I wonder if you are around young children daily, so that you would know and be aware of the current state of things with regard to unsavory adults. As a person who *is* around young children daily, and who works with others who are also around such young children, we know (and are, sadly enough, far from imagining) such things.

I pray that you never have to hear or learn of such a thing happening to a young child in your family or neighborhood. I rest my case.
Whether I am or not, I wouldn't attempt to use it to make an argument from authority, a logical fallacy - especially in an argument like this one where it would very obviously be subjective and anecdotal. What I can tell you is that in my state of Ohio, according to the most recent attorney general's report on the 19,397 persons of any age under 21 who went missing in 2018, 83 of them went missing under circumstances indicating that the disappearance may not have been voluntary. 48 were specified to have been abducted by a non-custodial parent and the grand total of children abducted by strangers was 6. Since we're discussing attempted abductions though, there were an additional 19 attempted child abductions (and to keep this all in perspective, there were only 2 cases in which a missing child was found dead which iirc makes it a relatively good year)

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...55cdfb16e200/2018-MCCH-Annual-Report_WEB.aspx

I can also tell you that as of 2020 there were 2,723,983 children in the state of Ohio.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/ohio-population/

So, now if hypothetically - hypothetically I were an Ohio official in a small city with an approximate juvenile population of 10,000 and my wife were a teacher in a district of about 2,000 at an elementary school of about 500 with a class size of about 20 and I had two sons in that elementary school in classes of about 25 each I can tell you that the statistical likelihood in a given year of...

A child in my city being abducted and killed is 1 in 140 - a little lower than the likelihood that I will ultimately fall to my death some day as opposed to the more typical ways people die

One of my children's classmates is abducted by a stranger is 1 in 27,239 - about the odds of spotting a literal white stag

More than one of the students in my wife's class having escaped an actual abduction attempt in their 6 years of life is 1 in 1,682,558 - about twice as likely as being attacked by a shark but hey, seems like there are lots of people on forums who say they were attacked by sharks so you never know.

With all due respect I wonder if you take the exceptionally rare cases you read about on websleuths and project them into your every day life. Furthermore with all due respect I wonder if you use tragic, horrible cases like this one as a platform to make appeals to emotion and validate this projection.

But what the hell do I know?

I'm sorry if you feel attacked by the general point I was making about hating to see children taught to live in fear. I very much want to give you and every other individual the benefit of the doubt. I certainly hope you (and every other person who teaches children) do not instill fear and devote appropriately proportionate time to teaching them about the astronomically more dangerous things around them like dogs and cars and firearms and bodies of water and household chemicals and the cold.

Well, it's 2020 and we actually have access to literal tracking devices we can put on people. Someone in another thread said that there's a GPS with cellular data that goes in an insole you might think about looking into. It's not going to be too many more years until everyone carries a cell phone in some form factor even two year olds.
The shoe tracker is a great idea- a phone or fitbit or necklace can be taken away quickly but a shoe is more likely to remain with a victim, imo.

Sold on Amazon too... GPS SmartSole®

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back