TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no, I didn't mean give the whole case to the public (especially not POIs information). What I meant is that there are certain parts of the case which might be beneficial to release (more details on circumstances, documents, ect.). Of course there'd have to be a system of vetting as well. The example we were discussing above were the submitted Missing Persons forms

Besides, whilst I fully sympathise with the falsely accused victim and don't support vigilantism I feel you are exaggerating slightly - as far as I'm aware public justice and fulfilling death threats (which have become very cheap to make nowadays) rarely ever happens (please do disprove that statement if it is false). Take the case of Sylvia Likens where one of the convicted torturers became a teacher's aide under her new identity. When she was found out the only punishment she received was getting fired - no lynch mob or anything of the sort.
Well, you don't always hear about vigilantism in the media. For instance, a girl was raped at a bus stop in Naples, Florida, back in the 80s. She was able to identify her attacker. Suffice to say, the perp will never be arrested; there will never be a trial; the case will never offocially be solved. But no one else will ever be raped by that perp.

Last edited:
Well, you don't always hear about vigilantism in the media. For indtance, a girl was raped at a bus stop in Naples, Florida, back in the 80s. She was able to identify her attacker. Suffice to say, the perp will never be arrested; there will never be a trial; the case will never offocially be solved. But no one else will ever be raped by that perp.

Sad but that made me high five myself .

Well, you don't always hear about vigilantism in the media. For instance, a girl was raped at a bus stop in Naples, Florida, back in the 80s. She was able to identify her attacker. Suffice to say, the perp will never be arrested; there will never be a trial; the case will never offocially be solved. But no one else will ever be raped by that perp.

Smart, you exploited a loophole in my argument! Really, I should have seen that one coming. I must admit I smiled at the way you explained the outcome. I expect he met his match at the hands of a family member (not a lynch mob, I expect), and in fact, I know a few similar situations myself - Gary Plauche - Wikipedia (a classic) and Father Who Beat Son's Accused Rapist Speaks Out - YouTube. BTW I honestly cannot fault the latter - the father seems to have managed to find the perfect line between enough and too much and I really admire him for that

Let me clarify my argument for more data freedom - if, like I'm quite sure of, the rapist's sentence was hastened at the hands of a family member, then I don't think it is a relevant counter-argument, since the "jury" (in this case) would have learnt the information regardless of my proposal or not. What I meant by a lynch mob is a group of people unrelated to the case who (by my proposal of more data freedom) learn about a(n inoccent, perhaps) suspect and go and do something stupid.

I guess what I am proposing could be called "responsible vigilantism". I think there is a balance - "responsible vigilantism" would be a system where police and sleuths work together on the raw clues and don't really get into the conviction side of things (which even the police don't, so for the sleuths it should be even less). And a prime example for "responsible vigilantism", you may ask? Don't **** With Cats (Don't **** With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer - Wikipedia), as I said before. I find that there is very little to fault them for. As soon as they found Magnotta they handed him over to the authorities and washed their hands of it. They didn't even go looking for him (or initate the mystery in any way as some other vigilantes do) - he posted a video which came onto their feeds, effectively forcing their involvement into the case (and I think most people would have felt compelled to something in such a situation).

Also, I don't know much about bounty hunters, but from what I have seen and know about them, I honestly would be more worried about the level of power they are given than my proposed system. They are literally given the go-ahead to capture a criminal dead-or-alive. And apparently that has also lead to some terrible outcomes too:

Several bounty hunters have been arrested for killing the fugitive or apprehending the wrong individuals, mistaking innocent people for fugitives.[26]
Bounty hunter - Wikipedia

My point is - if we can have bounty hunters with quite significant amounts of power, why can't we have some co-operation between police and sleuths on cold-cases, some of which are so old that there wouldn't even be chance of mistaken identification of a suspect.

P.S. Sorry for the slightly rambling post. I'm trying to improve my argument for my proposal with your constructive criticism but find that I can't seem to keep up with my thoughts/ideas at times![/quote]

I understand both sides of the argument but after 45 years its time to show what you got FWPD.I'm very much about putting what I think happened on any given case I am convinced of of what happened out in public.It makes me a lot of enemies but if the victims families like it I have no problem with it.These people in this case need pressure on them whether it be from law enforcement or the public.

I understand both sides of the argument but after 45 years its time to show what you got FWPD.I'm very much about putting what I think happened on any given case I am convinced of of what happened out in public.It makes me a lot of enemies but if the victims families like it I have no problem with it.These people in this case need pressure on them whether it be from law enforcement or the public.
Could they be petitioned to release more information?

Another cold case in Fort Worth.Rachel's new stepfather found the victim.[News Clip: Murder (McGee girl)]
I hadn't ever heard this! This would be a step-father after the Rachel's disappearance right? I'll have to assimilate this twist into my thinking. I'd thought LM's murder might be linked to the owner of the dna found on that cigarette butt.

I've talked to LM's sister and she is sure the guy who the cigarette bud belonged to is the killer but to me and granted she is a lot closer to the case than me I have a lot of questions about how she was found.I have an article that Rachel's step-father was driving by and noticed blood on a drainage pipe.I mean he was looking for I think but to just happen to see blood and he also found her wallet and keys in different places.

After reading the article and the news report not having all the audio.I'm wondering if maybe he didn't just find the blood two blocks away and the keys and wallet still very interesting either way.He also looks like someone I can't quite figure out who.

here is the article about his discovery

Attachments

• 53888999_10157093392274621_4831535850892296192_n.jpg
    53888999_10157093392274621_4831535850892296192_n.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 49
I've talked to LM's sister and she is sure the guy who the cigarette bud belonged to is the killer but to me and granted she is a lot closer to the case than me I have a lot of questions about how she was found.I have an article that Rachel's step-father was driving by and noticed blood on a drainage pipe.I mean he was looking for I think but to just happen to see blood and he also found her wallet and keys in different places.
Didn't he notice the car first? That's so very fishy. Do you think he'd have planted the butt? I think the DNA donor is in jail already so maybe LE figures the case won't stick and he's off the street Still it seems like they'd want to solve it. This info about the guy who found it---well I think there's no such thing as a coincidence.

The DNA matched that of Robin Carter. I believe he is in jail but not for the Mcgee case. He is up for Parole this year.

TL finding the evidence was not a coincidence, he and several others were out looking for evidence. It's my understanding that he and other CB'ers patrolled their neighborhood somewhat similar to todays citizens on patrol.

The DNA matched that of Robin Carter. I believe he is in jail but not for the Mcgee case. He is up for Parole this year.

TL finding the evidence was not a coincidence, he and several others were out looking for evidence. It's my understanding that he and other CB'ers patrolled their neighborhood somewhat similar to todays citizens on patrol.
Robin Carter indeed is the name of the the guy who left DNA on the butt.I wonder if any evidence is left from the crime scene.Finding a car is not a coincidence but noticing blood on a drain pipe two blocks away is a bit much.The CB club is something I have sleuthed as much as possible with the connection to CA and TL being long time friends and members.

Meh, when you look for evidence where do you look? Trash cans, drain pipes and the like. Places where someone could conceal or discard evidence where it will be later carried away or further destroyed. JMHO

Sorry, some of the terminology escapes me. Sleuthing the CB club as in determining if it was real or just if the two were members/friends?

Here is a bizarre story about a guy from Hawaii coming to search for the girls by dowsing like you would a water well and the CB group was on the search.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 17.09.13.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 17.09.13.png
    595.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 53256227_10157094104124621_634781937122148352_o.jpg
    53256227_10157094104124621_634781937122148352_o.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 41
Robin Carter indeed is the name of the the guy who left DNA on the butt.I wonder if any evidence is left from the crime scene.Finding a car is not a coincidence but noticing blood on a drain pipe two blocks away is a bit much.The CB club is something I have sleuthed as much as possible with the connection to CA and TL being long time friends and members.
I know it was real but to see what other people may have been in the club and how many victims TL found.I know at least two other people who have suspicions of him.He was already in the picture and picked as the replacement for CA.

The coincidence was in who found it, Rachel's stepfather. He was tied to both although in different ways. But maybe his stepdaughters disappearance had an effect on him and he therefore helped the search for LM.

The coincidence was in who found it, Rachel's stepfather. He was tied to both although in different ways. But maybe his stepdaughters disappearance had an effect on him and he therefore helped the search for LM.
He got divorced shortly before the girls went missing and married FA right after Cotton passed.He had always been around the family.

Attachments

• 53176129_10157063219374621_3543095784360640512_o.jpg
    53176129_10157063219374621_3543095784360640512_o.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 62
After listening to Nancy Grace babble on about what the zip code on the letter was and if it could have been in the mail or not while not letting Mr.Wilson or Julie's aunt explain it again I ask what is her appeal.What a disappointing two hours.We know who wrote the letter.We know it was mailed from Fort Worth move on.

I've been following this fascinating case for quite a while. It's difficult to get a real handle on what is fact, what is conjecture and what is theory. Even dated articles from newspapers have conflicting information. Information that should be concrete and verified.

I have some questions.

Did Rachel look a lot like her sister?

The Arnold's owned a transmission shop. Who were the mechanics that worked there? Did they deal in motorcycle parts? Did they have business dealings with other vehicle repair shops?

Why is it thought that the 3 girls drove to the top level of the parking garage? If art imitates life, suspects in crime usually park a car as far away from the entrance they can.

Bikers have been mentioned. What clubs? Bandidos, Ghost Riders, Banshees? There was lots of criminal activity in the early 70s in Fort Worth regarding bikers; rival gangs, strip clubs, shootings, theft of property. Retaliation.

This question is for the insiders here. The car they were driving was a really big, flashy car. Was it a two door or four? Would you say the car stood out? That people familiar with your family would recognize it as yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname