Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was blood on the sock. The mystery to me is how the sock and the bloodied 2X4 were found together so far from home. And I wonder if it was blood drops, and for sure it was his blood.

RSBM
We know of the sock and board because of LE telling AL. LE could certainly have more than a board and a sock, more things which tie to Gannon or the family. ...a switch, device , other clothing, a T receipt, possibilities are endless

Why 2 years? Do you think the abuse started when they moved to Colorado?

Imo, we already know she has at least 2 assault related charges. I think it's a pattern and she is just an abusive person. People who have domestic and assault charges are repeat offenders. For every arrest there are usually 100 other incidents of abuse perpetrated by the person that they never get arrested or charged for, because they commit these acts on family members and spouses who are afraid to call police. So i believe she is an abusive person. Maybe narcissistic, but definately abusive. She is always the victim. It takes years and years of targeted therapy for batterers not to batter or abuse. Gannon probably didn't even do anything wrong to get in trouble. Abusive people live in their own reality where they are always in the right and they manipulate situations to justify what they have done.

It is a possibility that the abuse started in Colorado. If she was alone with the kids for long periods of time in Colorado. I wonder if they had a support system such as family/friends in Colorado? A person without a support system, no employment, and home all of the time would lose their damn mind. She probably had displaced anger and had taken it out on Gannon. And taking care of someone with ADHD isn't easy. Kids with ADHD function differently than non-ADHD children. (My son has ADHD and my daughter has ADD, I speak from experience).

I think LS was symptomatic before her move to Colorado. I believe the move had triggered her in someway (lack of support, loneliness, stress, etc, had pushed her over the edge. I think she didn't want to be in Colorado and it is possible she no longer wanted to be in the relationship. And, stuff went downhill from there.... MOO

I have heard being a step-parent can be frustrating and difficult at times. I can somewhat sympathize with her there. But, I think if being a step-parent or parent, in general, was too much for her. I think Gannon and his sister should've gone to live with an aunt/uncle or grandparent if it was possible. I wonder if LS had voiced her opinion about Gannon and his sister. How she didn't want to take care of them or whatever else. I bet there have been times when LS felt like a single parent, too. But, LS's feelings are no excuse for what she had done to Gannon.

Edited: Taken out ;) because, ya know, correct punctuation causes emojis.

Last edited:
Her first quest will be finding out her chances of getting off. This is where her PD's response can make a difference. I am unfamiliar with the methods of PDs. Is their only goal to get their client off? Is there a chance the PD will want to convince her to reveal Gannon's location?
Even tho PD is free, TS is now her client, and her goal will be to get her off.

edit to add- even tho she has a PD now, don’t be surprised if she soon has a higher profile attorney in future proceedings and trials.

Found the link TIMELINE: From Gannon's disappearance to an arrest

Relevant portion

January 29: News 5 Investigates receives a credible tip from law enforcement sources, alerting us that Gannon was not a runaway child and foul play is suspected. Our sources disclosed that Gannon's stepmom was considered a prime suspect. As part of our fact-checking process, Chief Investigative Reporter Eric Ross reached out to Jacqueline Kirby, the media relations manager for the El Paso County Sheriff's Office along with Sergeant Deborah Mynatt, a spokesperson for the office.

"We will not be confirming any information that you have in your email," Kirby said. "This is an active ongoing investigation in the search for an 11-year-old boy. Any information prematurely released that has not been confirmed by the El Paso County Sheriff's Office would greatly hinder this investigation and would be very irresponsible journalism."[/QUO
That may be the time line but I don’t think news 5 published it at the time.

And you just quoted me saying that the story DOES NOT say that. I AM SORRY I SCREWED UP in my original post.
I realized that and deleted my post. I think we have more than clarified at this point that it is not stated anywhere that the sock was found bloody. Some have that assumption, but it is not stated as fact anywhere.

How does that explain him walking to the truck on Monday?

I dont think the video shown is the correct day Gannon disappeared. There were issues with one news group getting it and LE asking them to hold off while they did something, then another group got it and aired it.

Time and date can be off based on a variety of factors. It can happen when the server date and time is wrong, the router date and time is wrong, stuff like that. It happened in Amber Guygers case and another case someone else on here mentioned. In Guyger it was off hours and minutes so an expert needed to authenticate and come in and explain correct times since that was crucial in the case.

Tee isnt shown loading up any boards before taking Gannon. She knew the boards had blood on them and she knew her story and when she would call to report him missing, the boards would have been gone before she called.

The neighbor found it 6 days later and said LE said it was the break they needed. However LE surely would have looked at footage that day especially since by the 29th an LE source had told the news that TS was the suspect in GS disappearance and foul play was suspected. I find it hard to believe LE didn't go through footage ASAP for a missing child. Thats 1000 times easier and more efficient as a start than say canvassing and walking down the street calling his name.

I dont believe that Gannon was injured 3 separate times. That would be once in his room to leave a saucer sized pool of blood, blood in the garage, and then the final injury Monday resulting in his death. I dont think a young child would be able to walk and I dont think TS would risk taking a severely injured child out in the driveway for neighbors to see or risk being pulled over by police to then do final damage. <modsnip: off limits in this discussion>

Last edited by a moderator:
EPCSheriff on Twitter

Letecia Stauch is in our custody in the El Paso County Jail. Charged with: Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust), Child Abuse Resulting in Death Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, and Tampering with Physical Evidence. #FindGannon #GannonStauch

Attachments

• ESW9-dtUcAEjGtP.jpeg
    ESW9-dtUcAEjGtP.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 148
Would it be customary for LE or its reps to inform the family of details prior to them becoming public (as is the case for withholding names of deceased until family is notified)?
I don’t think so. The family very likely has very little details of LE’s case. They were most likely given a broad explanation of their own reasons for the arrest and determination that GS is likely gone. LE has a case to protect and unfortunately that means even from victims families.

EPCSheriff
@EPCSheriff

·
35s
Letecia Stauch is in our custody in the El Paso County Jail. Charged with: Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust), Child Abuse Resulting in Death Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, and Tampering with Physical Evidence. #FindGannon #GannonStauch
Good. They got her up bright and early for her final trek.. And another glamour shot...

Yes, welcome home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member