Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
A person without a support system, no employment, and home all of the time would lose their damn mind. She probably had displaced anger and had taken it out on Gannon. And taking care of someone with ADHD isn't easy. Kids with ADHD function differently than non-ADHD children. (My son has ADHD and my daughter has ADD, I speak from experience).

I think LS was symptomatic before her move to Colorado. I believe the move had triggered her in someway (lack of support, loneliness, stress, etc, had pushed her over the edge. I think she didn't want to be in Colorado and it is possible she no longer wanted to be in the relationship. And, stuff went downhill from there.... MOO

I have heard being a step-parent can be frustrating and difficult at times. I can somewhat sympathize with her there. But, I think if being a step-parent or parent, in general, was too much for her. I think Gannon and his sister should've gone to live with an aunt/uncle or grandparent if it was possible. I wonder if LS had voiced her opinion about Gannon and his sister. How she didn't want to take care of them or whatever else. I bet there have been times when LS felt like a single parent, too
RSBM
I have a son, 7, with ADHD as well and you are correct. My son is medicated and does really well on his medication but part of the diagnosis is impulsivity and high activity. He is like a puppy with extra energy and lots of curiosity. If he doesn’t have exercise and creative outlets, he can be destructive. I share custody with my ex husband and his step mom is a saint and loves my son like her own. She’s nothing like LS but I imagine that if you take someone like LS (selfish, unstable and abusive) and mix in a child with high needs, it’s going to be explosive. Add in the fact that they were renting that house and there probably was a fair amount of stress to keep destruction to a minimum.

In thinking back to the video that LS released after the alleged candle incident, it’s hard to fathom that she was an educator because you’d think she’d have a better grasp on ADHD symptoms like impulsivity and at times destructive tendencies. ADHD kids don’t have malice in their hearts- there just is not always the forethought and ability to pause and consider before making choices.

None of this excuses TS but may explain the events leading up. Gannon needed a step mom with an extra large heart and he got an abusive one who is clearly incapable of empathy or attention to anyone outside of herself.

LS likely didn’t feel a need to over-explain during the 911 and/or in-person interaction with LE that Monday... he ran away, he searched google regarding cell phone tracking, a description of the so-called unknown friend and initially left it at that. she also might have included the physical damage of an item in the house to further sell her runaway story.

even if le thought her claim was bogus they still had to perform due diligence while also attempting to verify the story

<modsnip: quoted post was removed due to rumor>

Gannon is my hero!
I think you are onto something, her interview could be her way of splaining a lot, why bring up GoG, at this point she wanted Gannon found , if she were smarter, he is w/ in walking/ running away distance from home in direct line w/ GoG... how to explain injuries?...at GoG, how did he get there? Easier to splain w/ first, he met foul play, but she did not do it...arrrrggggggggg, trying to get into her evil, devious, but not very bright mind is making my brain ache...w/ all the CSI and true crime shows, why would any sane person attempt to get away w/ this... NM, AMOQ, MOO , it is a puzzle, Gannon is the final piece, we will know the answer, but never understand the why

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an Amber Alert right now in Ontario, Canada. There was a vehicle seen in the same area that a child went missing along with eye witness accounts of the child being put into the vehicle.
My understanding is that an Amber Alert will not be issued unless there is a known or suspected vehicle involved.

There is an Amber Alert right now in Ontario, Canada. There was a vehicle seen in the same area that a child went missing along with eye witness accounts of the child being put into the vehicle.
My understanding is that an Amber Alert will not be issued unless there is a known or suspected vehicle involved.
Yes I got that alert last eve. It's my understanding that different States have their own criteria.

Its not that they aren't allowed. If it is determined a confidential communication, the defendant can try and exclude them from testifying about it. But if it is not confidential, the non defendant spouse can testify if they want to against the defendant.

Yes, and even all that goes out the window when the victim is a child.

LS likely didn’t feel a need to over-explain during the 911 and/or in-person interaction with LE that Monday... he ran away, he searched google regarding cell phone tracking, a description of the so-called unknown friend and initially left it at that. she also might have included the physical damage of an item in the house to further sell her runaway story.

even if le thought her claim was bogus they still had to perform due diligence while also attempting to verify the story
I would be very interested in hearing that 911 call.

I think this is okay to post as she is a journalist for several new stations. If not please let me know.
Carol McKinley
@CarolAMcKinley

·
6m
NEW: Leticia Stauch's advisement will be done by video Friday afternoon, per family source. She is in the El Paso County jail after being transported overnight from Kansas. She is being held on various charges including murder. #GannonStauch
@ABC

Im confused on what youre getting at. Just got lost in the pages. Can you explain?

I do want to add though that never was an Amber Alert put out. That should tell you something.

Here are the Amber Alert requirements for Colorado specifically.
Im confused on what youre getting at. Just got lost in the pages. Can you explain?

I do want to add though that never was an Amber Alert put out. That should tell you something.

Here are the Amber Alert requirements for Colorado specifically. Each state may have slightly different policies than each other

Colorado has strict requirements for issuing and AMBER Alert. They are:

• The abducted child must be 17 years of age or younger
  • The abducted child must be in immediate danger of serious bodily harm or death
  • There must be enough descriptive information available to believe a broadcast will assist or aid in the recovery
  • The activation must be requested by a local law enforcement agency or AMBER designee from another state
I dont think Gannon was ever believed to be a runaway. TS doesnt seem capable of selling a solid story. I imagine the over explaining was worse than what we've seen since we are getting talked at vs sitting down with the ability to ask very pointed questions that must be answered on the spot.

In my opinion, if Gannon was believed to be a runaway he would have been in danger as an 11 year old with no street smarts and the cold so he would have gotten an Amber Alert.

The reason they never did an Amber Alert is because they believed he was dead based on what they guessed and then found upon looking in the house. Probably also things Tee said to the police that we have never even heard. She probably used past tense like she did in the video too. Then upon looking they found enough to not think he is in danger only because it was too late and she had killed him.

Even after the upgrade to Endangered child, he still did not get an Amber Alert. Why wouldn't he if there was hope he was alive?

The reasoning they used for the upgrade was idiotic too. They said "due to his age, medication, and weather we have upgraded it" ALL of those things were true when he went missing. The weather is cold. Its winter in CO. He was 11 on Monday. He was on meds on Mon. Vyvanse also isn't a life or death medicine either so I just found that to be an excuse.

Just my opinion though
yhe article I posted was a correction in the timeline OP was suggesting in when LE changed this case from runaway to missing /endangered. The purpose of the post was to put the correct timeline of events as stated by LE.

So, she told us he cut his foot in the garage. AS told her they found a bloody sock and a bloody board. That's why she told us that story.
Who would feel the need to dispose of the sock and board if it was an innocent injury?
I've said it before and I'll say it again. She's an idiot!
I fully expect her to give an interview while in jail. She just can't help herself imo.
Also, I'm leaning more towards TS having planned this. It seems like causing AS to suffer immensely was her goal. jmo

And another question about her "treatment of the foot cut" claim, why would you bandage your kid's injured foot IN THE TRUCK? That's just ridiculous. I don't even treat my dogs in the yard, much less a little human. I, for one, cannot WAIT to read those arrest documents.

All I know is that married couples aren't allowed to testify against each other in court. Marital Privileges

This may or may not be an issue in this case.

I think it's that they can't be forced to do so, not that they aren't allowed to. A divorce after the fact wouldn't change that for what happened during the marriage.

But I don't think it will be an issue in this case. AS holds the privilege, not TS. And he's free to do as he wishes.
JMO

Booking Detail for 2000003896
Name: LETECIA LEANN STAUCH
DOB1983
EyesBrown
HairBrown
Height5'04"
Weight135
SexFemale
RaceWhite
Scars/Marks
LocationCJC

Charges
Court DateCourt DivDegreeCourt Case NumberBond TypeBond AmountRelease Date
03/06/20 9:0020CR1358NO BOND$0.00
03/06/20 9:00None20CR1358NO BOND$0.00

Holds
DescriptionHolds Code
AdministrativeADMINISTRATIVE
AdministrativeADMINISTRATIVE

Warrants
NumberDescriptionLevel
20CR1358Arrest WarrantFelony
20CR1382Arrest WarrantFelony
| El Paso County Sheriff

<modsnip: quoted rumor post was removed and quotes too broken to fix>

I wonder if Gannon had symptoms from the Vyvanse? My son was on Vyvanse it made him violent (he broke his sister's head open with a stick) and did other stuff. The violence stopped after switching the medication.

Anyway, LS should have been more sympathetic towards Gannon. But, I wonder if LS was more of a Jekyll and Hyde. She was kind to her students and then mean to her daughter, Gannon, and Gannon's sister.

Last edited by a moderator:
LS has been lying so much that I'm not even sure if AS really even asked her. She may have been throwing that out there for her own personal narrative, etc. And if AS really did ask, I wonder if LE told him to just to see what response would be given ? Every time she brings up these random details, I only think she has her own reasons for doing so.
I know. It's like that thing they say about nailing jello to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500