Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booking Detail for 2000003896
Name: LETECIA LEANN STAUCH
DOB1983
EyesBrown
HairBrown
Height5'04"
Weight135
SexFemale
RaceWhite
Scars/Marks
LocationCJC

Charges
Court DateCourt DivDegreeCourt Case NumberBond TypeBond AmountRelease Date
03/06/20 9:0020CR1358NO BOND$0.00
03/06/20 9:00None20CR1358NO BOND$0.00

Holds
DescriptionHolds Code
AdministrativeADMINISTRATIVE
AdministrativeADMINISTRATIVE

Warrants
NumberDescriptionLevel
20CR1358Arrest WarrantFelony
20CR1382Arrest WarrantFelony
| El Paso County Sheriff
Two different warrants? Wonder what that is about?!

<modsnip: quoted rumor post was removed and quotes too broken to fix>

I wonder if Gannon had symptoms from the Vyvanse? My son was on Vyvanse it made him violent (he broke his sister's head open with a stick) and did other stuff. The violence stopped after switching the medication.

Anyway, LS should have been more sympathetic towards Gannon. But, I wonder if LS was more of a Jekyll and Hyde. She was kind to her students and then mean to her daughter, Gannon, and Gannon's sister.

Possibly. Its not a good fit for everyone. I doubt it caused violence though. They would take him off of it if that were the case. I think Gannon was probably just a bit spacey and rambunctious like a lot of 11 year old kids. My daughter is his age and she doesnt have ADHD, but at this age she's almost hard of hearing when its time to do required stuff or remember what we agreed to. Im guessing Gannon had that kind of stuff like every kid. It does make me want to rip my hair out sometimes, but thats the way it is at this age. Wouldnt trade it for anything

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you and respectfully shortened your quote.

IMO, the neighbors video is a big deal but I don't at all believe it's the the most damming piece of evidence that they have. No way. If they did not have this video, I believe we would still be looking at the arrest and murder charge of the stepmom. I do believe the video helped with a timeline and to compare her initial statements to police when she reported Gannon missing. But that video alone, IMO, would have never resulted in her arrest.
Agree. Typically it's never just one thing but the sum of it all.

im just thinking with all the investigation and everything that has gone on I would think that LE would know by now what her true legal name is!!

What I was trying to say in my previous post was that although they may be aware of the error by now, they may opt to keep it consistent in the subsequent paperwork chain so everything has consistent information, until/unless they reach a point where they can change it all (including retroactively), or file a change request to start using different information going forward but still keep the older records connected to the new ones. Then again, it's also entirely possible they're not aware of the error. She's used multiple variations over the years, in multiple places.

I've been through the DV process here unfortunately more than I wish to discuss because I married NPD borderline like my mother. My experience was that even with years of audio, video, electronic documentation of communication, over 100 authorities involved, restraining orders, character witnesses and professional testimony is that they simply revert back to a "He said/She said" and a child has less chance of being believed than an adult with documentation and evidence. People look the other way unfortunately. "Not getting involved" was the most common thing I heard during those years. It's a broken system and victims of abuse truly have no support. What could Landen have done to navigate this based on something he said when she lived so far away and court costs in Family court top $10K for uncontested custody cases? Nothing. It's so important to me that people wake up and become aware of ignoring signs of abuse that I'm writing a book recounting the journey hoping it will inspire others to step in when they witness abuse.

We don't know what he told his mom about how he was treated. He may have told her and she did confront TS or Albert about it. It may have made things even worse for him at home so he learned not to say anything more.
I do think some family members were aware that TS possibly mistreated him because they seemed to suspect her right away.

Imo

Very interesting!

I wondered why Gannon never told his mother about they way TS treated him? Perhaps that was a non issue as a result of TS's harsh judgement of her. I can't help but think Landen's life fell apart only after TS and AS began their affair. There is a place in my heart for her.
Maybe she was a decent step mother, caring for the 2 steps/1 bio kids, and she pushed/hit him in the wrong way, he got hurt, and eventually died. Maybe she saw the possibility of the home going up in fire and really freaked out (or some other major trigger). That would be Occam's simplest solution. Didn't she say she helped AS get custody by going to court many times? (insert big story we can't talk about ie the "whys"). Two years is a long time without other children telling tales. JMO, but I don't think her actions in the case of Gannon have to be "supported" or "justified" or "predicted" by some long period of stepmom abuse. I think it will turn out not to be premeditated, at least over a period of time, (because there are too many loose ends) and the result of some over reaction she had in pushing or hitting him. (BTW I have a bunch of wicked stepmother tales of my own, it's not all black and white between step relatives and I see that only now that I am old).

Last edited:
If they believed that he was alive, it was under the care of an adult or left by an adult in an unsafe place which is an abduction. They did not believe he was a runaway according to the LE tipster that talked to MSM. They believed foul play. If you believe foul play AND he is potentially still alive it is an abduction. It doesnt matter if TS isn't there watching him. If she say left him in the woods, thats still an abduction and they would Amber Alert. They know she didnt have him and wouldnt say out loud that he had passed away. Wouldnt it be prudent to cover bases and put out an amber alert in case the child you still think is alive is out there? A kid is abducted at that point bc they have been prevented from returning to their parents and are unsafe

I contend they suspected her and confirmed to their own satisfaction almost immediately that he had already passed away so they werent going to use an amber alert.

The law must be different by state then. Failure to take care of one's child/step-child or placing one's child in danger wouldn't be an abduction in my state I don't believe. (Based on missing children cases in my state, not legal knowledge)

Here an Amber Alert requires suspicion that a stranger, "friend," or non-custodial family member has taken the child without permission from a custodial parent. It also requires that enough descriptive info about a possible abductor be available to justify the alert. CO seems to require that too.

In any case, I'm not sure how any alert would have helped in this case. And I'd hate for the reaction to this tragic case
to be that LE needs to issue them much more often. It's thought using too many Amber Alerts will dilute their value.
JMO

I've had to skip pages here and there to stay reasonably caught up. Thanks everybody for your posts and updates. I appreciate them even if I missed them. Hopefully I won't get as behind today, but these threads moves so quickly.
Hi Anna, playing catchup myself today.. was hoping to find an unsealed case ready for reading, still have an intact bottle of Jameson if it's gonna be harsh. It WILL be harsh.
And I know in my heart every single word written will impale my heart and mind and I will refer to it over and over and over again...
And It hurts more to know the parents that bore and loved him will be reading it for the first time too and their broken hearts will be stabbed again and shattered again in a million fragments and That's the hardest thing.
May they be surrounded and protected in a cloak of Divine love and protection is all..

Good to see your sweet gentle presence.

When you're arrested you can give a false name. When I had taken a tour of the jail in St. Paul, MN the booking guy said, people often use the name, Santa Claus, when they don't have ID on their person. But, LS should have an ID, so who knows...

So true. A family member got arrested for shoplifting, told police she didn’t have her ID, gave them her sister’s name AND DL#. Sister didn’t know know until she got a notification months later that she missed a court date, or something. Offender ended up doing time for identity theft. I still wonder why police didn’t pull up info with her DL# during the arrest and realize it wasn’t her.

Maybe she was a decent step mother, caring for the 2 steps/1 bio kids, and she pushed/hit him in the wrong way, he got hurt, and eventually died. Maybe she saw the possibility of the home going up in fire and really freaked out. That would be Occam's simplest solution. Didn't she say she helped AS get custody by going to court many times? (insert big story we can't talk about ie the "whys"). Two years is a long time without other children telling tales. JMO, but I don't think her actions in the case of Gannon have to be "supported" or "justified" or "predicted" by some long period of stepmom abuse. I think it will turn out not to be premeditated, at least over a period of time, (because there are too many loose ends) and the result of some over reacting she had in pushing or hitting him. (BTW I have a bunch of wicked stepmother tales of my own, it's not all black and white between step relatives and I see that only now that I am old).
Given her behavior, pattern of lying, and her pinky swear moment, I think Occam points to her being a psychologically violent abuser first and foremost. Now she’s actually killed someone, and as in the case of her kind, no one really sees it until there’s a casualty. Including the victim.

The Ph.D. is considered the highest academic degree.

Doctor of Philosophy - Wikipedia

Schools of medicine, law, business and education are considered professional degrees. One can get a Ph.D. in those fields (at certain universities) but they still walk behind the Ph.D.'s at most ceremonies. Bigger unversites certainly maintain the practice, worldwide, of treating a Ph.D. as the highest degree. It is generally understood that a Ph.D. candidate will write a dissertation (book length manuscript that requires approval by a committee of Ph.D.'s) whereas one can get a professional degree without such writing or defense of the writing.

This is not to say that reputable Ed.D. programs don't require writing and approval of the writing. A PhD generally takes longer and often requires a committee of experts that go beyond one discipline. It's also usually easier to get into an EdD program than a PhD program and the college where I teach does not, in fact, confer PhD's at all. Just professional degrees.

The EdD program does not require a competitive process for admission (at my college) but rather, if a student completes a bachelor's with a GPA of 2.5 or greater, they are admitted to the program (which has options starting year round and is designed to fast track people into the EdD, which takes a well prepared students about 18 months. Their dissertations are "approved" not "defended." These are subtle differences, to be sure but in academic hiring they make a big difference.

I'm in an Ed.D program...my proposal must be approved by AQR, then defended, then approved by IRB to allow me to do my research. Then, when complete my dissertation must go to AQR again, I must then defend my completed dissertation, and then again go to IRB and then to dean for signature...I'm sure some programs are different but mine is no cakewalk.

EPCSheriff (@EPCSheriff) on Twitter
Letecia Stauch is in our custody in the El Paso County Jail. Charged with: Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust), Child Abuse Resulting in Death Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, and Tampering with Physical Evidence. #FindGannon #GannonStauch
Isn’t that tampering with a deceased human body charge new?

Can I ask where the Bloody Board, Sock and puddle of blood information is coming from? I can't seem to find it mentioned other than on message boards.

I've been through the DV process here unfortunately more than I wish to discuss because I married NPD borderline like my mother. My experience was that even with years of audio, video, electronic documentation of communication, over 100 authorities involved, restraining orders, character witnesses and professional testimony is that they simply revert back to a "He said/She said" and a child has less chance of being believed than an adult with documentation and evidence. People look the other way unfortunately. "Not getting involved" was the most common thing I heard during those years. It's a broken system and victims of abuse truly have no support. What could Landen have done to navigate this based on something he said when she lived so far away and court costs in Family court top $10K for uncontested custody cases? Nothing. It's so important to me that people wake up and become aware of ignoring signs of abuse that I'm writing a book recounting the journey hoping it will inspire others to step in when they witness abuse.
This 100%. Just look at the Thomas Valva case. On top of the obvious neglect and physical abuse, dad and stepmom were emotionally abusing them and brainwashing them against their mother. Parental alienation was real in that case.
Unfortunately, personality disorders like NPD are not taken seriously by many people. Especially when physical abuse is not present. Victims are not believed or are told he said / she said, and children are manipulated by the abuser and not believed by others. People just don’t view emotional abuse as serious as sexual and physical abuse, out of ignorance really. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea