Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what he told his mom about how he was treated. He may have told her and she did confront TS or Albert about it. It may have made things even worse for him at home so he learned not to say anything more.
I do think some family members were aware that TS possibly mistreated him because they seemed to suspect her right away.

Imo

To be fair, ( and I hate defending TS), we don't even know that she did mistreat him prior to these events. She might have just "snapped". She might have participated in some verbal or emotional abuse, which is horrible, but not as easily recognized, especially by a child. If that is the case, he may not have know there was anything to tell. He might have just thought that is her personality or blamed himself.

We don't know if or why adults suspected her right away, but I would suspect if they did, it has more to do with the details of this case or what she was saying than past behavior.

Trying (again) to catch up. Can someone confirm she's set to be in court at 1:30? And we'll be able to see it - or will it not be live-streamed?

And this is when her atty will ask for the involved affidavits to be unsealed? Anything else to expect at this hearing?

Thanks to anyone that can answer these for me. I don't have the time to skim the whole thread today.
At this point all we know is a video advisement hearing tomorrow at 9 a.m.

Maybe one is a fugitive warrant? She did make a point in her last court appearance that she wasn't "running" from LE. Jmo

I don't think so. I think the fugitive warrant simply allowed her to be taken into custody in SC and held for 20 days for CO. And IF she had tried to evade arrest in SC, that wouldn't be a CO charge I don't think. My suspicion is the two warrants relate to the original charges.
JMO

Thank you and good to see you too. I agree. It will be terrible and so hard to hear the details that led to this sweet boy's death. It'll be heartbreaking. Still, I hope it will be released soon. The public, the community needs to know and I think the courts will agree. The first case I followed through to the end was Kelsey Berreth's . I'll never forget how shocking and horrifying the details released at the preliminary hearing were and there was way more evidence than anybody imagined. This case will be the same, but with different circumstances. I think they will go harder this time, because it's a child murder. I feel sure Dan May will nail it. No doubt at all. She's definitely looking at lwop.
This is what we have so far
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/mm-jpg.236434/

If you believe the Monday video of Gannon not returning then how would that not fit then? Step parent claims to lose the childEvelyn Boswell didnt have a car or description of an abductor.

When you say "oh we felt we needed to upgrade bc x, y, z" and those things were always true. He was always 11 years old not a new fact, he was always on medication not new, and the weather being cold also not new.

See what I mean? Day 1 when Gannon was reported missing those were all the same factors for this new need to upgrade. I'm just saying that it wasn't a believable reason they now felt the need based on the reasons they gave.

This is just my opinion. They needed to state these reasons as a justification for why they didn’t label this case as missing/endangered from the get go.

There are many missing children’s cases of children who just vanish, with no descriptions of possible abductors, that are considered endangered/missing/abducted from second 1.

I don't think so. I think the fugitive warrant simply allowed her to be taken into custody in SC and held for 20 days for CO. And IF she had tried to evade arrest in SC, that wouldn't be a CO charge I don't think. My suspicion is the two warrants relate to the original charges.
JMO
I agree. One for S. Carolina to scoop her and one for Colorado initially.

This is probably selfish on my part, but as I made my Cuban wrap to go with my Chambourcin for lunch, I thought how TS has seen the last of her favorite meal and delicacies. And I liked that thought. Here's to Tee.
Thank you for double posting this so I could "Like" it twice;) That is not selfish BTW That is more than Gannon will ever have again:( MOO

My first thought upon entering a jail for the first time was, "holy s***, how could anyone ever sleep or rest in here?" It was brighter than a surgical ward, it stank like hell and there was a constant cacophony of disturbing screams and mutterings. Fortunately I was just passing through on the other side, but it sure scared the hell out of me.

Not gonna lie, I take a lot of pleasure imagining T losing sleep in that sort of hellhole right at this moment.

This was my favorite thing to think about when I couldn't sleep last night. I work at an award-winning jail and it's still...so awful. Its sister jail (where I rarely work - it's so awful) is the intake jail. SO noisy. Everything echoes and there are so many very angry, unhappy people shouting and making other noise. The longterm jail (the nicer one) is quieter, but oh my gosh, is it unpleasant if you're in there for more than an hour. It's one of those pod style jails, but no one like TS would be there - they have to do time at the main jail and behave themselves.

Main jail no longer has weekly visit times and they are citing people who stand outside and shout up at the cell block. I think they get one visit a month (not counting attorneys of course).

The women's area of the main jail is super noisy and no one likes working there. It's where all the new hires start out though - 2 year stint at the jail. If they lose it with the prisoners, they get one more chance to do training and then the officers have to maintain their patience (they aren't supposed to yell at the prisoners and they wear body cams so that if they have to get physical with a prisoner, it's recorded). But what the prisoners do at the jail (to the staff) can be really awful.

Even inside the main jail, there are areas that are quieter that prisoners can be placed in, if they behave. But due to the small number of cells for women, that doesn't always work out for them (CS seems to have ample space for women, though - would love to hear an inside perspective there).

I'm not sure I understand the continued insistence and minimization of this woman's crime towards Gannon by saying this was an accident. The charge is a first-degree murder charged, pre-meditated. I draw several conclusions from that.

1)That Gannon left that home alive, as per the video, and he did not die in the house.
2)That Gannon did not return to the house that day.
3)That LE believes Gannon is dead, and it happened outside the home, hence the extensive searches and murder charge.

Thus, even if she hurt him Sunday "by accident", he was still alive when he got in that vehicle. She had the choice to take him to the ER, to get him medical help, to return home and care for him. But clearly, she did none of those things, and LE is fairly certain that she chose to take him somewhere and kill him. Or let him die of his injuries, but if that were the case, it might be a neglect charge. To me, this woman has proven herself a liar, mean, and vindictive sadist who likes to inflict emotional pain on others and lashes out when she is thwarted. Why is crossing the line to her deliberately murdering Gannon so hard for some? Just trying to understand.

I would say that she’s not going to be very popular in prison but with all the cases we’ve had recently involving mothers harming their own or step children I’m thinking she’ll probably find a crowd to fit in with. That being said, TS is imo one of the worst we’ve had in a long time. She shows absolutely zero emotion (apart from amusement) and is so incredibly self absorbed that she’s probably complaining to the guards and anyone else she speaks to about how she’s being treated. To her it’s the TS show.

| El Paso County Sheriff

Hiya, Inmate #

Actually, I should probably ask whether you prefer the term prisoner or inmate.
"Detainee," maybe?

Also, would you prefer to be addressed as "Dr. Prisoner 200003896", or "Inmate 2000003896, PhD," or what?

Then again, as Shakespeare famously said, "What's in a name?"

You're in the hoosegow any way you slice it.

So excited to see you've finally arrived!
And it's not just me who's excited, either...

Word has it that Dan May can hardly wait to do a meet and greet with you over at the courthouse.

Lucky you.

Last edited:
I wonder if Gannon had symptoms from the Vyvanse? My son was on Vyvanse it made him violent (he broke his sister's head open with a stick) and did other stuff. The violence stopped after switching the medication.

Anyway, LS should have been more sympathetic towards Gannon. But, I wonder if LS was more of a Jekyll and Hyde. She was kind to her students and then mean to her daughter, Gannon, and Gannon's sister.

Do we know that Gannon was indeed diagnosed with ADHD, or that he was taking Vyvanse or any other ADHD med?
I don't think we should speculate about his behavior either way. Plus not all children (or adults) with ADHD behave the same, nor do they all behave the same way on medication.
Maybe I'm defensive since I have ADHD and have taken various medications for it but to me it borders on victim blaming. Do we know Gannon was "naughty" and difficult to deal with? Not all kids who have ADHD act out. We've not heard anything to indicate that Gannon had behavior issues. In fact, by all accounts Gannon was a sweet, mild mannered young man.
Imo

Edited for odd quote insert

I'm not sure I understand the continued insistence and minimization of this woman's crime towards Gannon by saying this was an accident. The charge is a first-degree murder charged, pre-meditated. I draw several conclusions from that.

1)That Gannon left that home alive, as per the video, and he did not die in the house.
2)That Gannon did not return to the house that day.
3)That LE believes Gannon is dead, and it happened outside the home, hence the extensive searches and murder charge.

Thus, even if she hurt him Sunday "by accident", he was still alive when he got in that vehicle. She had the choice to take him to the ER, to get him medical help, to return home and care for him. But clearly, she did none of those things, and LE is fairly certain that she chose to take him somewhere and kill him. Or let him die of his injuries, but if that were the case, it might be a neglect charge. To me, this woman has proven herself a liar, mean, and vindictive sadist who likes to inflict emotional pain on others and lashes out when she is thwarted. Why is crossing the line to her deliberately murdering Gannon so hard for some? Just trying to understand.
I don't understand it either. She is charged with murder, not causing an accident or negligence.
I don't have much patience re-thrashing the obvious.

JMO
Yeah, I don't really know how it works when it comes to warrants. Couldn't they just include all the charges in one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean