Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it says 3/5 - which is today.... isn't it??

Thursday, March 5th:
*Hearing (@ 1:30pm MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs, not found) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch aka Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin & Letecia Lynn Hunt (36) arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. 3/2/20) & charged (1/27/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. Held without bond.
Monday, 1/27/90 left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home. LE calling him a runaway because allegedly the last search on his phone was “can my parents track me if my phone is off.” His phone was left at the house. A little after 10 p.m. on Tuesday, 1/28/20 the El Paso County Sheriff's Office showed up at Gannon's home. Law enforcement walked up to the home and appeared to be searching in the backyard with flashlights. The garage door was opened and a car was pulled out. On Monday, 2/3/20, Roderrick Drayton, a neighbor of Stauch’s, shared surveillance video from his home that captured footage of what he says shows Stauch and his stepmother, Leticia Stauch, getting into a red truck in the driveway of their Colorado Springs home on Monday, Jan. 27 @ 10:13am – the day the boy went missing. The video later, Drayton said, shows the truck returning hours later (@ 2:19pm) but with only the stepmother appearing to get out.
3/2/20 Update: Stepmother, Letecia Stauch, arrested on suspicion of murder in Myrtle Beach, SC. Charges: 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse leading to death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with evidence. Held without bond. Extradition hearing appearance via jail video on 3/3/20.
3/3/20 Update: The judge told LS that she is a fugitive. The judge also warned her about talking, after she claimed the date on whatever paper he has, is wrong. Stauch waives extradition. Colorado has 20 days to get her. Multiple Colorado LE officers were in Myrtle Beach on Monday for Stauch’s arrest. Arrest affidavit under seal. Arrived in Colorado Springs at 10am 3/5/20. Request for expanded media coverage filed by KOAA-TV for the advisement potentially scheduled for 3/5 @ 1:30pm. The defense filed an objection which the Court has considered. The Court grants the request for media coverage. Advisement hearing on 3/6 @ 9am.

Do we know that Gannon was indeed diagnosed with ADHD, or that he was taking Vyvanse or any other ADHD med?
I don't think we should speculate about his behavior either way. Plus not all children (or adults) with ADHD behave the same, nor do they all behave the same way on medication.
Maybe I'm defensive since I have ADHD and have taken various medications for it but to me it borders on victim blaming. Do we know Gannon was "naughty" and difficult to deal with? Not all kids who have ADHD act out. We've not heard anything to indicate that Gannon had behavior issues. In fact, by all accounts Gannon was a sweet, mild mannered young man.
Imo

Edited for odd quote insert
I was wondering about the vyvanse too? Is this confirmed?

How many mug shots are there now? I've seen at least three. It's almost like they're taking one everywhere she goes during transfer and releasing it to the media -- knowing that would displease the woman who didn't want to be on camera during her interview... lol

The limitations set forth in “Conditions for Coverage” in Rule 3 apply subject to any specific policy set forth by the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center. Further, recording will be solely of the advisement in this case and will take place from the lobby of the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center.

I just realized the media coverage granted to KOAA-TV tomorrow is at the jail (El Paso County Criminal Justice Center) not in a courtroom/courthouse per se. So the advisement hearing is at the jail? I had to look up 'advisement':

In the context of criminal law, an advisement hearing may be held early on to allow the Court to advise the Defendant of his rights pursuant to the rules of criminal procedure.

This 100%. Just look at the Thomas Valva case. On top of the obvious neglect and physical abuse, dad and stepmom were emotionally abusing them and brainwashing them against their mother. Parental alienation was real in that case.
Unfortunately, personality disorders like NPD are not taken seriously by many people. Especially when physical abuse is not present. Victims are not believed or are told he said / she said, and children are manipulated by the abuser and not believed by others. People just don’t view emotional abuse as serious as sexual and physical abuse, out of ignorance really. JMHO.
You are so right. As the survivor of a parent with NPD, I was both physically and verbally abused.

There is not treatment for NPD, so they never get well. They are always right, even in proof that they are wrong. I was manipulated into not talking about what went on at home (what goes on in this house, stays in this house) and I had a real fear of getting hit if I did. So I kept it to myself.

And back then, parents had autonomy. They could do what they wanted with their kids.

IME

Thank you for double posting this so I could "Like" it twice;) That is not selfish BTW That is more than Gannon will ever have again:( MOO

Haha. I didn't know it double posted but glad you got to like it twice.
My thought exactly. No sadness at all for her. Gannon was robbed of his precious little life. He won't be allowed to grow up and do kid things. Nothing. His parents have been robbed of their lives too. They'll never be the same again and they will never know true joy again. My heart is broken for all of them.

I've seen American Indian on some forms.

I figured that's what she might be getting at. I have a feeling that just like the names, TS wasn't always consistent with how she classified herself in various places/applications. (Yes, as I'm sure many people will be quick to point out, different forms/applications offer different options, and some might not offer that type of option at all, but that's irrelevant to my point here.)

I was wondering about the vyvanse too? Is this confirmed?

Not that I am aware of. I've heard he has IBS and ADHD but not from any reliable source. Imo it was all speculation due to his needing medication but it was never confirmed what medication he was taking or for what.

Do we know that Gannon was indeed diagnosed with ADHD, or that he was taking Vyvanse or any other ADHD med?
I don't think we should speculate about his behavior either way. Plus not all children (or adults) with ADHD behave the same, nor do they all behave the same way on medication.
Maybe I'm defensive since I have ADHD and have taken various medications for it but to me it borders on victim blaming. Do we know Gannon was "naughty" and difficult to deal with? Not all kids who have ADHD act out. We've not heard anything to indicate that Gannon had behavior issues. In fact, by all accounts Gannon was a sweet, mild mannered young man.
Imo

Edited for odd quote insert

The stepmother told us that Gannon was taking Vynayse, which is what supposedly gave him issues with his stomach and nausea. She said he was also on a prescription-based medication for IBS.

Can someone tell me where the idea that AS was wanting a divorce before leaving? Is that supposition, rumor, or confirmed? Sorry, it's just hard to keep up with these threads moving so quickly, lol! TIA

We don't know what he told his mom about how he was treated. He may have told her and she did confront TS or Albert about it. It may have made things even worse for him at home so he learned not to say anything more.
I do think some family members were aware that TS possibly mistreated him because they seemed to suspect her right away.

Imo

There was a conversation about this! There were texts between Landen, TS, and Al in which Al was saying their daughter (the youngest) claimed TS was hurting Gannon and so Landen asked about it. It is believed that TS was texting from Al’s phone because the text read that TS was owed an apology for her stepdaughter making false claims against her to Landen.

The limitations set forth in “Conditions for Coverage” in Rule 3 apply subject to any specific policy set forth by the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center. Further, recording will be solely of the advisement in this case and will take place from the lobby of the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center.

I just realized the media coverage granted to KOAA-TV tomorrow is at the jail (El Paso County Criminal Justice Center) not in a courtroom/courthouse per se. So the advisement hearing is at the jail? I had to look up 'advisement':

In the context of criminal law, an advisement hearing may be held early on to allow the Court to advise the Defendant of his rights pursuant to the rules of criminal procedure.
"Advisement hearings" in Colorado criminal court cases.

Apparently in CO an advisement hearing is so a judge can advise of the charges, ask about an attorney, etc

Arraignment is where the prosecution will present case behind the charges.

the link explains the entire process for anyone interested in seeing extactlu how this process will play out.

I was confused why she would be via video for this, but now I understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven