Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

How? I'm not following why the assault on a deputy would mean the media should be granted expanded coverage vs traditional coverage. I'm not from CO but so far as I can tell, the defense objection to expanded coverage is that it could interfere with the defendant's rights. If she really did attack the deputy, that's awful but she is still presumed to be innocent and is entitled to a fair trial. She may have made that harder to achieve by her own alleged actions but the court still has a responsibility.

What am I missing?JMO
The defenses request was posted earlier and explains much more detail than the courts response. When I have time, I will look through the previous thread to locate it. But until then, you can read the courts response. The second paragraph alludes to reasons more than defending TS's rights.

Attachments

• Order - ExtMC.jpg
    Order - ExtMC.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 176
I'm less concerned about his 'presser' being streamed live than the fact that it was a nothing burger, less than a nothing burger and less than Sheriff dept statements which state they definitively have NOT located Gannon's body.
A permit was granted for one station to livestream and the link to that was posted earlier, they all expected subsequently to be granted permits and they all tweeted in anticipation.
I for one, am glad that he didn't show his cards. It will all come out in due time, until then, we keep sleuthing.

Me too. I fell asleep and woke up to this. Wow. What was her plan, to escape? No one will forget her mug, she’s not going anywhere. Or maybe trying to look hard? Like she’s tough to other prisoners? They will show her what hard really looks like. She’s an idiot.
I doubt very much that she was trying to escape, she probably didn't like something she heard like probably....SHUT UP!! lol

Oh she’ll face additional charges. I think she was making an escape attempt, as she knows her days as a free woman are forever over.

I can’t wait for the details.

Given what we know now, I wonder what was behind her comments during her bond/extradition hearing in SC, when she was insisting she didn’t try to run from them, wasn’t making trouble, etc...

Yes, right at the end she started to leave too soon and had to wait a few seconds before moving off camera. She wanted out of there bad. Wonder if she could feel the hate coming from that female inmate on the back wall?

oooooweeeee. she's out of control. no wonder they had her sedated at her hearing.

Yep... Looped

That’s the question. She either got out of them, or merely moved them to the front before attacking.
Do you think she was able to get the key from the officer when she attacked him/her?

I’m confused about how she attacked. I haven’t caught up yet, but wouldn’t she have been handcuffed?

And for all of us that continue to want to look for the smallest bit of good in every human..she’s sure making this hard. With past charges, unspeakable things to Gannon, and now this. I’m having a hard time finding it.
Yes my little good girl she-wolf is getting her butt kicked by her evil twin.

The defenses request was posted earlier and explains much more detail than the courts response. When I have time, I will look through the previous thread to locate it. But until then, you can read the courts response. The second paragraph alludes to reasons more than defending TS's rights.
That's right, the defense submission was posted 24 hrs ago, almost exactly.

He owes us nothing. We aren’t entitled to know the details of the case, especially when those details can jeopardize that.

The affidavit is sealed, and this press conference was completely standard.

We’ll agree to disagree, but this case is too important for this guy to screw up by saying too much to the media.
You said it better than me @MassGuy I want him to carefully calculate every move he makes, so that TS ends up in prison, where she belongs.

This makes a lot of sense. That would be a “precipitating stressor.”

In serial killers for example, there is usually a major life event that sets the ball in motion towards committing murder (job loss, financial problems, relationship issues).

She’s not a serial killer, but this could have similarly triggered her misdirected rage towards Gannon.

The El Paso County woman arrested on a murder charge related to the disappearance and presumed death of her 11-year-old stepson was fired from a middle school teaching job just days before the boy went missing.

Leticia Stauch was going through orientation for a job at Mountain Ridge Middle School in Academy School District 20 when her employment offer was rescinded.

“Academy District 20 rescinded her employment offer after finding inconsistencies in her employment application,” district spokeswoman Allison Cortez said.

RBBM

YUP...more fuel to the fire.....

Yes, she will absolutely face additional charges! She proved that "the rage is real".

She is not making her case easy for her defense attorney.

Not only that but she will have to be shackled when meeting with her defense attorney as she has shown that she is violent and dangerous.
If her lawyers anger her, she’ll do the same thing to them, if given any opportunity. She’s rabid and doesn’t care.

Handcuffs were too large and she got her hands out apparently.
I wonder if she was provoked and if it was part of a strategy?
Rather careless of them if not.
I also wonder whether the officer was wearing a bodycam at the time?
I don't think it was provoked. She probably saw the opportunity and once she was out of the cuffs fought like hell to try to escape.

She hurt the officer enough that they needed to go to the hospital so she really must have put up a fight.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member