Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was an emotional day.[...] What really got to me today? 2 photos: Grandma sitting on the curb and Tylee & JJ in Yellowstone. [...]
MOO.
SBM

This picture is E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
This one moment....
This one place in time.....
I am imagining the split second before Lori distracted Tylee to "look at me", when Tylee scooped JJ up and they exchanged some terms of endearment or just looked at each other (you know that look exchanged between two people who love each other from the depths of their being?).
The way JJ is looking at Tylee. (I bet he has NEVER looked at Lori like that!)
Tylee is holding on to that boy like she never wants to let go!
:(:(

Attachments

• Tylee & JJ.jpg
    Tylee & JJ.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 70
Thank you. I am sure that if LE has the photos, we're all just playing catch up. But it's good to see what we can find.

I think I'm now 100% about that being their group, and the photo was taken at that time. I don't see the cloud definition in any other period that looks like the clouds behind Alex. You can see in the very top left here in this video where the camera lens would have picked up the clouds with light breaking through just enough. Too much earlier and it was just misty and foggy. Too much later, you have rain. This portion of the video is at 11:19 a.m. (Go to 15:49 in the video)

ETA: Then there's another group at 16:56-17:09 that match as well. Thankfully not very many groups of 4 there that day with one shorter kid. The clouds behind and the direction the wind is blowing the steam behind Alex is almost exact. So...I prefer this second group. But either way, this puts them at East Chinaman Spring between 11 and 11:30. If they were there for Old Faithful, they just missed it at 11:05, unless they came from there. Then there's hours and hours to get to many other places in the park. Norris Basin again is not far from Old Faithful nor the entrance at West Yellowstone to get home afterward.
I'm with you on the first group. I've watched it a score of times and am about 95% certain that's them. Watching it at 25% speed helps.

Video feed cuts in at 11:18:53 (15:36 on YouTube) and in the bottom left corner you see two adults emerge from the trees walking away from the camera. The first one appears to be Alex, as he's wearing a dark jacket and blue jeans, like we see in the photo. The second person appears to be Lori and they are wearing a dark hoodie with a white emblem on the front and white pants. In the photo of her we only see her upper body, but she's wearing a dark hoodie and you can barely make out a white emblem on the front, which is mostly covered by her hair.

At 11:18:56 [Lori] stops, turns around facing the camera, and waits for two [children] to catch up. It is here where you can see the white emblem on the front of her dark hoodie. At 11:18:59 [Alex] stops and turns around also. At this point the two [children] emerge from the trees also. The first one appears to be JJ as he's wearing a darkish [green?] sweater and dark shorts (you can see his calves), as seen in the photo. The second appears to be Tylee as she's wearing a light grey jacket. Where I'm uncertain is it looks like she's also wearing light grey pants, whereas in the photo Tylee is wearing black pants.

At 11:19:00 [Tylee] and [JJ] catch up to [Lori] whereupon she turns back around and begins walking again. Seconds later, at 11:19:04 [Alex] turns back around and begins walking again. This shows that these four are definitely together as a group. At this point two other adults emerge from behind the same trees, just behind the group of four.

From 11:19:13 to 11:19:30 it's hard to make out what is happening. The group of four pass behind the next set of trees, followed quickly by the group of two. As they emerge it appears that the group of two are bypassing the group of four. Yet it no longer appears to be a group of four but rather a group of three...?

Up until the video feed is interrupted at 11:20:06 I can't make sense of what I'm looking at. The group of two hurriedly make their way far ahead of what is supposed to be the group of four. But it seems quite clear that the group of four is now a group of three...

Ok, I've watched it several more times now and I've figured it out! It has become a group of three. The three are [Lori], [Tylee], and [JJ], and they continue on ahead until the feed is interrupted. [Alex], for whatever reason, stops at 11:19:13 behind the tree and appears to bend down. He stays hidden in this position until 11:19:53, a good 40 seconds, when he finally gets back up and continues walking forward at a leisurely pace. What's he doing? Tying his shoes? Looking at something? Collecting some nasty swamp goop for future use? o_O

Whatever he's doing nobody seems to have noticed, except [Lori] who turns around briefly at 11:19:23 to look at him and then continues walking forward with the [children].

Ok, I've watched it several more times now and I've figured it out! It has become a group of three. The three are [Lori], [Tylee], and [JJ], and they continue on ahead until the feed is interrupted. [Alex], for whatever reason, stops at 11:19:13 behind the tree and appears to bend down. He stays hidden in this position until 11:19:53, a good 40 seconds, when he finally gets back up and continues walking forward at a leisurely pace. What's he doing? Tying his shoes? Looking at something? Collecting some nasty swamp goop for future use? o_O
SBM.

It appears the coordinates of where Alex stopped and bent down for 40 seconds is roughly:

44°27′40.82′′ N 110°49′50.19′′ W
44.4613406, -110.8306105

ETA. Hopefully I did that right. I'm not too familiar with coordinates and another map system I checked shows a differing one.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussion of two missing kids, JJ and Tylee.

The thread does not exist to chit chat about your own religious doctrines, discuss temples, tithing, BYU, physical appearance, etc. Forty seven of such off topic posts have just been removed.

Do not ignore Moderator warnings.

Stay on topic or thread reply bans or TOs will be issued.
Bringing this forward. We were just warned, please let's help keep this thread on topic.

Nate Eaton - Reporter
7 hrs ·
DAY 65: This is Justin. It’s rare that two local reporters in different states cover the same thing so intensely for months, but such has been the case since December. He lives in Arizona and is doing a phenomenal job uncovering new details on a constantly changing story. We’ve messaged back and forth over the past few weeks but finally met today. Justin’s a good guy after the truth - and he’s made my life better!

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
6 hrs ·
Two journalists bonded by a story a handful of newsrooms dug into. This man works hard and more importantly you can tell he loves what he does. Thank you Nate.

I drove from Boise to Yellowstone in 2017. Passed through Rexburg, gassed up and got nachos at the gas station just off the highway, before continuing on to West Yellowstone, where I slept (cramped and fitfully!) in the back seat of my rental car. In the morning, I entered Yellowstone park to explore my hidey spot for Forrest Fenn's treasure at Madison Junction. Didn't find it though...

But I can reiterate what others have said that when you get past Rexburg, you head up into forested mountains, very rural, with dirt roads leading off into the tangle of wild forested terrain.

The trip into Yellowstone Park may have been a mere pretense of a fun family outing to get Tylee to agree to go, and keep her in a light, docile mood...and then back outside of the park, past the small town of West Yellowstone heading back down through the desolate and rural mountains, one of those side forest roads could have facilitated the ultimate destination for TR's murder.

Just speculation.
I agree. I feel that Old Faithful was the "destination" for Tylee... but not the destination for Lori and Alex.

I just want to say, I hope you stay with us and post in other cases after Tylee and JJ are found (I still have hope at this point they will be found one way or another). You have a real gift for this kind of thing. That's the type of sleuthing WS is all about. Bravo! :)

Also, while I'm certain the FBI has the capability to find the same info (and probably more with the original pic), should someone perhaps send that time and place with that video into LE? I can't recall if you were the VI who has been in contact with police already or if it was another one here, but I think someone needs to let them know what has been found and how it was figured out.

WS members never cease to amaze me with the extent of the info they are able to dig up or the things they are able to deduce. :cool:

MOO.
oh how i agree.. it has been wonderful having you Rex! The power for detail that both you and Gardner have has certainly made my first WS experience so educational..and well... emotional too!

yes.
Please send the FBI your photos: FBI — Seeking Information on Missing Children - Rexburg, Idaho

Even if you don't think you captured any photos of Tylee, JJ, Lori and Alex or their vehicle. There may be other clues that the FBI can look for by comparing your photos with other tourists' photos submitted to them. For example, suppose you took a photo on Sept 7th at a certain location and someone else took a photo at the exact same location late in the day on Sept 8th? If the ground is disturbed or something in the environment is altered slightly in the second person's photo they might not know that without having yours from the day before to compare. The FBI also likely knows some geo-data (specific coordinates) for Lori's icloud photos and some locations for where their phones traveled in the park. They can probably narrow down which of your photos they want to look at for clues or determine if none of your photos are near the areas that Tylee, JJ, Lori and Alex visited. They haven't released very much info to us on specific locations in the park nor how long they stayed. Your photos could be really helpful to the investigation.

MOO
yes..yes... agree. I keep thinking there ARE OTHERS who were part of this plan... Whatever was happening to Tylee probably needed more than one person. Someone had to keep an eye on JJ. And I can't imagine Lori doing any of the specific "dirty work". I keep thinking FBI/LE might have other clues for other individuals but just cannot come out with any of this info... so I would hope that all visitors would send all photos... you just never know.

Good point! AC and LV were not from that area... I think that they would be less comfortable disposing of a body there then say Chad. UNLESS they had read up on the stories of bodies going missing from that area.... effects of the sulfur springs iirc or something of that nature. Or had studied up on the location prior to.

We know JJ at least made it safely back from that trip.... God I hope he didn't see anything happening to Tylee!!! Horrible enough for him losing his very important Doggie... I just can't imagine how it was for him when Tylee disappeared too.:(
There really must be others involved. I sortof think NOT Parrett on this phase of the journey--- because he so publicly went out on a limb to defend Chad and Lori for their behavior. I think he would have stayed more secretive if involved with the Yellowstone plans. Oh how I hope that FBI/LE throw out a couple more "clues" to keep people thinking and sleuthing....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member