Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori “my kids are missing & I need red lipstick and mascara for court” Vallow
Not picking on you, but you bring up a good point. Plenty of people end up being POI and convicted, who have a bunch of tattoos and piercings that I don't get. I have none. But to automatically think. But if you have any sort of "look" people don't approve of means nothing. I'm seeing this on multiple threads about women. I don't value those superficial things and don't see why a look should have anything to do with a murder investigation is silly.

Perfectly lovely, ordinary-looking women and generic men do all all kinds of crimes. How they look, unless they have like Nazi tattoos should really have no influence on your opinion. People might others because their Nazi tattoes or gang tattoo lean toward that.

Old women have killed children. Like, really old women, not just 40-year-old-women people arbitrarily claim are suddenly unattractive, and therefore more likely to be killers....There is no science that proves that women who wear red lipstick are any more inclined to kill stepchildren than ones who don't.

These are things that have no place in these discussions. It's all about their family network, their psychology, and what's going on with the family at the time. Facts. Actions. Not looks. Two days ago it was reprimanded that looks were off the book. It still continues. And, surveys show women are more likely to judge about looks. There's two different parallels... Women who look too good, and women who look too bad. And's there's the third thing about how rewarding it is to see someone who's deemed attractive shown to look Unacctactive. The demise of their looks. Rarely ever happens to men because mimics our predetermined expectations.

Men, not so much. Probably because it mimics what we believe.

I have a question for any legal people. If Lori bonds/bails out and she commits suicide what does that mean in terms of the monies. Thanks odd question but something I was thinking about.

So am wondering why the children weren't even brought up today in Court. Anyone know? I mean, the charges are ABOUT the kiddos, but nada.

Maybe those charges will redound to the federal government/FBI, on account of misused SS payments?

Not to mention they're still searching Yellowstone, which is part of the federal parks system; so it might all be one of a piece.

IMO this is the only rational reason for her smugness.

I hope so. It's my last hope.

What I don’t see, and I think your claims here support this, is a larger network of LDS fringe believers supporting Chad and Lori if the children (or anyone else) have actually been harmed. Their support comes from the belief that the charges are false. This is comforting in the sense that there may not be a larger group at work here that is up to criminal activity. MOO

Absolutely. In fact, if they are found guilty of murder, I hope it opens the eyes of many in this extreme prepper community. But I can also see people digging in and believing fervently that the whole thing was a set up. If bodies/evidence is found, a lot of people will believe it's because they were framed.

Last edited:
My heart breaks for Colby. I have had a family member I loved and who I thought loved me, turn on me and cut all ties. The depth of the pain can not be described. Prayers for Colby, the Woodcocks, and all of the families and friends devastated by the actions of LV and CD. Where are the JJ and Tylee?

Maybe those charges will redound to the federal government/FBI, on account of misused SS payments?

Not to mention they're still searching Yellowstone, which is part of the federal parks system; so it might all be one of a piece.
If I were the judge, I really think I would've asked at least once. Like you KNOW, we can stop all this nonsense if you'd just tell us where the children are, Mzzzz. Vallow.

i am not totally through with all comments after the court appearance...but I feel people are trying to hate all things Lori and not accepting other things. I feel the defense attorney was actually good. She appeared solid as a rock to me. And after I rewatched and rewatched the video... I think both Lori and Chad "were happy" with whatever they were interpreting. I just do not think Chad will break from his "bond" with Lori. As I rewatched I saw more signals of connection than I did initially. Face it, they are thick as thieves in this. I kindof feel pissed that they will get the chance to be "together" in crime... But I am so anxious to see if the FBI is up to snuff with some surprise information that will be brought out to cancel my thoughts of them being together in some "bliss".

Sorry I'm so behind! I've been really busy at work and we've all been glued to the screen watching all the local news proceedings about the case. I'm trying to catch up to questions asked in the last thread.

@Sticksandspades You asked:

"What part of any doctrine could they possibly twist to justify hiding these kids for so long or worse prematurely ending their life on earth?

Surely, any vision/whisper/voice that broke a generally accepted commandment would be questioned?"

The extreme LDS preppers who are focused on the end of days are very suspicious of government conspiracies. I watched someone very close to me in this community go through a three year period where they were convinced they were being followed and watched by the FBI. Why? Because this person was "speaking truth" about the latter day prophecies and the government wanted to silence them. I even had a bizarre meeting with this person out in a 40 acre field. We couldn't bring phones and had to be checked for wires before this person would tell me how their family was doing. They spoke in whispers the entire time. Maybe important to note: This person was a prominent member of a regular LDS and functioning in a high/upper calling. They are still a respected member and no one would suspect their paranoia and end-of-days obsession if they didn't know.

That's an extreme example, but it's one of the first things I thought of when I first heard the breaking news about Lori and Chad. This was confirmed as I visited various groups/forums I'm still a member of and saw people standing up for these people and excusing their behavior as a way to "protect the kids" against modern "Gadianton Robbers" (see Book of Mormon teachings, Gadianton Robbers are secret oath groups.) I'm really cautious about outing myself as I am afraid of a lot of these people. But their supporters seem to mostly believe that the kids are safe and are being hidden to protect them from a larger conspiracy. Either government-based or custody-case based (as Chris Parrett announced in his leaked 'vindicated' post.) We've discussed how ridiculous the custody case thing is, but these people believe anything is possible and greatly fear that they themselves might be next in a huge, orchestrated smear campaign in order to silence them.

I don't have any direct ideas about why someone like this might actually take a life. There are examples in scripture of god directing the sacrifice of a life --Nephi / Laban in the BOM, Abraham and Isaac in the Bible (though that was stopped), and many cities being destroyed by the command of god without any mention to the innocent children that would die in such an event. LDS strongly believe in life after death, so I could see in some extreme cases that being twisted to mean murder would equal protection. The fear surrounding end-of-days can be really, really high with these people, and the prophecies we have can be terrifying. In an extreme case I could see a mother feeling like it was an act of love to send her children on to the next life, though no normal member of the LDS church would condone ANY of these behaviors. But I could see an extremist going so far down a particular path that they seek to justify actions using these kinds of stories and beliefs. When Nephi kills Laban in the Book of Mormon, we're told in scripture that it's better for one man to die than for an entire nation to dwindle in unbelief. See how that could mean god endorses murder in special circumstances?

It's pure conjecture. It does seem to fit somewhat, with what has been leaked about Lori's beliefs re: bad spirits taking over a person and that person needing to be taken out by any means necessary. I also think that perhaps some undiagnosed mental illness comes into play here. I hesitate to suggest this as I struggle with depression and anxiety and don't appreciate every terrible criminal being chalked up to 'being mentally ill.' But I've seen personal friends/family get so extreme in their LDS beliefs that I begin to wonder if there aren't some serious things developing that go undiagnosed and unmedicated. Brian David Mitchell who kidnapped and raped Elizabeth Smart certainly fits under this umbrella of extremism. He was LDS, had serious mental illnesses, prophesied, wrote his own book of scripture, and justified his actions with religious precedent.

Thank you very much. That was supper helpful to get a better understanding of their possible motivations.

Someone very close to me always smirks at what most people would consider an inappropriate time. After much counseling and reflection he has determined it’s an anxiety response. As a situation is happening, his anxiety, increases and the smirk is revealed. It used to get on my nerves, but now I recognize this as a trigger and try to de-escalate the situation and in turn his responses are more appropriate.

Sometimes I wonder if that’s what’s happening with Lori. I’d have to go back and watch the 3 hearings again to see if there is a smirk pattern correlated to what’s being said.

Hope LE can find enough evidence in the trove of data to get a search warrant for the underground bunkers!

What I don’t see, and I think your claims here support this, is a larger network of LDS fringe believers supporting Chad and Lori if the children (or anyone else) have actually been harmed. Their support comes from the belief that the charges are false. This is comforting in the sense that there may not be a larger group at work here that is up to criminal activity. MOO
Hope you are right ..
Or are they hiding from the light of day like cockroaches?

Sorry, OT, but how do you cancel a post reply?

<snip>
Hope LE can find enough evidence in the trove of data to get a search warrant for the underground bunkers!

I should note that the only "bunkers" I know of aren't designed for people, but for stashing gold, seeds, ammo, or guns for end-of-days scenarios when the economy is prophesied to break down and these people fear they'll have to defend against a corrupt/attacking government and/or outside force.

I seem to recall the red book pushed by Chris Parrett (I don't know if he's the author or of it's the Young person) containing instructions for these types of things, but it has been years since I read it. I could be wrong.

Anyway, just wanted to note I don't know of anyone in the area personally who has an actual bomb shelter they could hide children (or bodies) in, but I wouldn't put it past anyone. There are plenty of people with finished basements, spare loft apartments over garages, MIL apartments, barns, outbuildings, grain silos, cabins near Yellowstone... Either way, I hope any and all of it is being investigated.

I hope so. It's my last hope.

Absolutely. In fact, if they are found guilty of murders, I hope it opens the eyes of many in this extreme prepper community.
Here are my problems with thinking that the kids are in some kind families basement. First, no one, not one person who has seen them, or heard they are there, wants the monetary reward. Not one? Second, Lori is willing for Tylee and JJ to be able, in case they ever do get found, to testify against her in the Chandler case and put her away forever? Third, they are willing, for no reward, in fact, willing to face Federal OG charges, for what? Not money, and as part of that, take care of JJ, who would be beyond difficult in that situation? This family or commune is taking on a huge massive problem when they could be buying all the prepper supplies of their dreams with the reward? Yeah, I just can't see it. MOO (I wish I could, so much.)

I thought Lori's defense attorney was excellent, very professional. Unfortunately Lori has at least one good lawyer - for now.

I’m curious, LVD was able to hire 3 defense attorneys - whats the process for an defense attorney to evaluate an ultimately take a case?

Would they have asked if the kids were alive/hidden? Would some DA not take a case if they didn’t get the answer they wanted? Do they consider if the case is winnable...

Yes, I believe something along those lines. Not to mention I do not personally believe, they are paying all these attorney's, bail, etc, by themselves people that have same extreme belief system are financially backing them. Personally..
Yes you could be right. I am kinda wondering if these lawyers have accepted her as a client on a “ProBono” basis.... meaning free of charge. From what I have seen most of the lawyers in past high profile cases go on to be celebrities. They usually end up being TV pundits or write books etc. Also with the exposure of doing this case it puts their name out there and everyone will want to use them. It always ends up being a win win for the lawyers involved. Obviously this is JMO

Nugget from prosecutor during the hearing - " ...and at that point, the defendent is gone. Now they say it's a planned move, maybe they did plan to move to Hawaii however, they clearly left very quickly as soon as they were contacted by LE, the vast majority of their belongings were still in that apartment."

I knew they left some toys behind but I didn't realize they left everything else. We kept hearing they packed up a truck so I assumed they cleared out and dumped everything. Surprised that didn't come up at Kauai bail hearing.

Page 5 of affidavit says clothing in Lori's apt was removed but furniture was still there: Affidavit of Probable Cause

Alex's apt was empty except for a few items in the garage. I think perhaps the truck was for Alex's stuff and he decided to move back to AZ to hide. He probably thought he could hide from police for a few months by getting married and changing his name to Pastenes (end of the world is in July if he believed the cult). MOO.

What county is that in?
Jefferson County just south of Rexburg. My thought if Parrett is such an avid believer and supporter , maybe willing to house these 2 idiots in his own home. MOO

ESSidXHWAAYt9uq

Kim Powell on Twitter

My heart sank a little when bail was reduced, but we move on. I have to try and find the positives...somehow.

The one thing that makes me smile is knowing a little about the ankle monitor she has to wear. I work with criminal youth and they have to wear them also. They are really don't stop them from running. The youth cut them off all the time. I am pretty sure LE is not relying on her ankle monitor to keep an eye on her. If she cuts it off she will be caught. But, the real fun thing is that many of the monitors have microphones and a listening device. Now before you get excited, it's against the law to listen in on the wearer, but can you imagine how paranoid they will be. They won't dare talk about their dastardly plans.

We are presently booked for four nights in YNP from 25May-29May, camping at Bridge Bay. Typically the snow will have melted significantly enough to hike backcountry. If there is a search my wife and I will be more than willing to assist LE if they put out a request for volunteers. One can only hope that a more favorable outcome for the children will present itself prior to then, but sadly I don’t feel too confident in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc