Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe that Tylee disappeared mid-trip. What kind of explanation would have not made JJ question it? IMO it's possible that it happened in the following days and that JJ was told that she went off to school or to visit relatives. JJ didn't seem to like the babysitter, so he probably didn't talk to her about Tylee.

I’ve been thinking about this as well. It’s been mentioned on another site that they may have met another group at YNP. The appearance was then made to JV that TR was going off with her friends. It was also implied that the group was FLDS. They even went so far as to talk of remote hideouts in So. Dak. My head starts spinning when trying to grasp all of this, but with what’s transpired so far, almost nothing is beyond the realm of possibility, MOO.

Usual apologies about not being able to keep up with this thread so maybe this was discussed.

Shortly before the last thread was closed yesterday, Sticksandspades posted the statute for Abandonment or Nonsupport.

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Snipped section 2 out for focus, BBM:
(2) Willfully omits, without lawful excuse, to furnish necessary food, clothing, shelter, or medical attendance for his or her child or children, or ward or wards; provided however, that the practice of a parent or guardian who chooses for his child treatment by prayer or spiritual means alone shall not for that reason alone be construed to be a violation of the duty of care to such child;

I'm not a lawyer but I interpret this to mean LVD's defense could be that she prayed for the children so she didn't violate the law. I realllly hope I am wrong about this and one of the attorneys, or someone who plays an attorney on WS, can correct me.

If not this, what legs does the defense have to stand on?
I think that is in regards to withholding medical attendance (BBM) for prayer? JMO

Usual apologies about not being able to keep up with this thread so maybe this was discussed.

Shortly before the last thread was closed yesterday, Sticksandspades posted the statute for Abandonment or Nonsupport.

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

(2) Willfully omits, without lawful excuse, to furnish necessary food, clothing, shelter, or medical attendance for his or her child or children, or ward or wards; provided however, that the practice of a parent or guardian who chooses for his child treatment by prayer or spiritual means alone shall not for that reason alone be construed to be a violation of the duty of care to such child;

I'm not a lawyer but I interpret this to mean LVD's defense could be that she prayed for the children so she didn't violate the law. I realllly hope I am wrong about this and one of the attorneys, or someone who plays an attorney on WS, can correct me.

Ugh.

85015"]That must have been the pit bull's doing. Makeup and hair roots touch up. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look presentable in the courtroom, but this was a bit excessive.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking there was no mirror. For all of LV's flaws, garish makeup didnt seem to be one.

ALSO. Edited for mistake in who got married in the methi

Not sure what the conversation is about cuz I'm just jumping on for a second. But this appears to be a claim against Charles' estate by someone for a Note of some kind (promissory note, mortgage note) etc. that Charles executed for $200,000.00.

I’ve been thinking about this as well. It’s been mentioned on another site that they may have met another group at YNP. The appearance was then made to JV that TR was going off with her friends. It was also implied that the group was FLDS. They even went so far as to talk of remote hideouts in So. Dak. My head starts spinning when trying to grasp all of this, but with what’s transpired so far, almost nothing is beyond the realm of possibility, MOO.

Not sure I buy the part about handing off to an FLDS group, but your post does make me wonder if that photo of JJ and Tylee hugging each other with such feeling....and the reason it was captured on film....was because it was the moment Tylee was about to leave (to where?) and that that was their goodbye hug.

I'm estimating a minimum of 115K for your list.

I didn't include potentially giving each of his children any sum.

I think he has money in an interest bearing account somewhere.

I also think Lori had from $750-$2000 per month coming in for the children.

Jmo

And remember in Kauai paperwork CD has or had over a 100k in a Hawaii bank

According to the prosecution, she was collecting SSI for both kids, even when in Hawaii.

The SSA should investigate this immediately - they need to make her produce ALL Receipts, any Checks written on behalf of the children for food, clothing, medical, school, etc.

And I bet that Lori canNOT produce any receipts, etc., which would prove LV spent the $$$ and the children are no longer alive.

All JMO and MOO

Jon Noetzel on Twitter

When was the last time you saw a county inmate appear at an IA/bond hearing wearing a fresh coat of makeup? I don't believe I've ever seen that in my near 30 years in this business. Trial yes, IA never. Maybe that's standard procedure in Madison County.
I just assumed she got it at commissary. She’s very vain.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to arrange such a meeting nearer to Rexburg and without JJ's presence?

For those upset with special privileges, I have been part (behind the scenes) of several higher profile cases in a rural community. They were not near this magnitude but they were murder/death penalty cases that drew alot of attention in our rural area. When plans were made to transport the defendants, there were death threat considerations, media considerations, that were huge for an area that had never addressed these issues . The resources alone were huge. So, cut them a break. From the hearing yesterday, this is a bigger case than this county has ever had. It is very difficult logistically to even hold a small hearing with the massive publicity and likely fear of death threats. They have to protect CD and LV on their watch. Rather than special treatment, after my much smaller experiences, I feel for the courthouse personnel and law enforcement trying to pull this off. I cannot even begin to explain how tough this would be and all the things they have to consider.

I find it hard to believe that Tylee disappeared mid-trip. What kind of explanation would have not made JJ question it? IMO it's possible that it happened in the following days and that JJ was told that she went off to school or to visit relatives. JJ didn't seem to like the babysitter, so he probably didn't talk to her about Tylee.

I’m sure it’s not hard to brainwash a child with special needs that was being raised by a father that’s also his uncle who was killed by his other uncle, who subsequently died. My head is spinning after typing that. ... poor kid. Lori could have told him “don’t tell anybody that Tylee is going with these people and you can’t tell anybody because you will be taken away from me” or something along those lines.

Like most, I can’t keep up with the posts so I apologize for what I’m about to say if it has already been covered....

The woman who claims she possibly interacted with Tylee at the concert in Tennessee is on to something? Maybe people met up with them at YS and took her to Tennessee? However, I don’t know why anybody would be stupid enough to take her to a concert when her picture is all over the tv/ internet.
I believe the kids are alive; hidden because of lori’s PERCEIVED notion that they would be taken away from her... maybe a guilty conscious developed from the deaths of CV, TD, AC...
Why keep the kids items in storage if you didn’t want to keep it? It seems like there is some attachment there, but forgot to pay the bill?

What, huh? Where did you hear about any of this?? I realize the FLDS do a lot of child trading between ranches and hideouts, but usually only vicitmize their own. Never hear of them bringing in an outside child in their sex trades.

And remember in Kauai paperwork CD has or had over a 100k in a Hawaii bank
Can you remember where that information came from? I was trying to find it earlier and remember something about the assumption that $150,000 or so was all he had left. That is a huge assumption though. He could have had more money elsewhere.

For those upset with special privileges, I have been part (behind the scenes) of several higher profile cases in a rural community. They were not near this magnitude but they were murder/death penalty cases that drew alot of attention in our rural area. When plans were made to transport the defendants, there were death threat considerations, media considerations, that were huge for an area that had never addressed these issues . The resources alone were huge. So, cut them a break. From the hearing yesterday, this is a bigger case than this county has ever had. It is very difficult logistically to even hold a small hearing with the massive publicity and likely fear of death threats. They have to protect CD and LV on their watch. Rather than special treatment, after my much smaller experiences, I feel for the courthouse personnel and law enforcement trying to pull this off. I cannot even begin to explain how tough this would be and all the things they have to consider.
This. I couldn’t agree more. I hate when this site veers towards conspiracy theories involving the courts and law enforcement. We are smarter than that here. Leave that for the other sites.

Complete speculation / MOO --

I've also been surprised by the concern for Lori's safety (kevlar? secret decoy vans? last-minute changes in travel plans?) Do they really expect anyone in the community -- which seems to be first and foremost concerned with finding the children -- to try to kill her without first finding out where Tylee & JJ are?

Or do LE/FBI know more about other groups involved that they're not saying? Early LDS temple oaths included vows (taken from Masonic rituals) not to reveal any of the sacred things that happened there, or else their "throats be cut from ear to ear and our tongues torn out by our roots." (LINK) Although the mainstream LDS church has discontinued and disavowed these oaths, if these splinter groups believe that the mainstream LDS church is in apostasy, it wouldn't be too farfetched to think they might reinstate this type of secrecy vow.

Could LVD & CD be in danger from others in their splinter group who think they might reveal "secret/sacred" information in the court proceedings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes