Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unfamiliar with Play It Again Sports. I assume it's a resale outlet. Could it be that she took items because she needed untraceable cash?

IMO, (1) Yes; and (2), probably.

Also, don't forget her escape route, *ahem*, "second job", of flight attendant; without passport, nonetheless.

(Refresher: It's a job she has merely applied for; she's the person bringing up passports in connection with it. Not a flight attendant myself; but does anyone else find it odd that your assumption would be that you're starting on international flights/destinations that require a passport? Wouldn't you think that long haul flights are a skillset you would work up to?)

That would explain why we heard nothing else about it except to teesplain that Gannon was interested in hockey. Usually she over explains -- what did she sell, buy, or decide against. You'd expect her to tell us. JMO

Add: She over explains everything -- if she doesn't, it makes me wonder why.

I think this would be a very plausible explanation and, quite possibly, why we have heard very little about this.

JMO, it sounds like the shifts in physical custody were not entirely voluntary on the part of LH, or at least not her first choice based on her health and other issues. If the military move was happening, it likely wasn't much of a question that G and L would go with their dad (at least for the school year). Additionally, LH did say in the presser following the arrest that even she trusted TS.

Couldn't LH have fought against TS having the children if she thought they were in danger, especially moving to CO away from family.

To be quite honest, I'm not convinced that TS ever really wanted custody of the children. I feel like custody became a game/contest to her, and she wanted to win.

When caring for them became difficult, I believe she began telling family and friends about behavioral issues and constant battles with their mother in attempt to garner sympathy.

There have been rumors that Gannon's little sister disclosed TS was not treating her properly. I think TS used this to her advantage as well- most likely claiming their mother put her up to it. She was a martyr, IMO. She wanted everyone to believe she had to deal with "so much" where the children were concerned. She wanted people to feel sorry for her, and tell her what a wonderful person she was for putting up with so much.

I would not be the least bit surprised if additional allegations of abuse come to light regarding the children. I fully believe she will use the "it was a tragic accident, and I panicked" defense. She, it appears, cannot handle anyone having a negative opinion about her and will continue refusing to accept responsibility for her actions. She will claim it wasn't her fault. And, like Chris Watts, she will feel humiliated if people think poorly of her. It's the persona she has spent her entire life building. The very essence of who she believes she is will come crashing down upon her, her lies and secrets will be exposed for the whole world to see. Who knows- maybe she will disclose Gannon's location if she believes it will prevent any of this from happening? I can only hope! Unless LE finds him first- and I don't think she wants this to happen. ;)

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

BBM- I don't believe LS/TS leaked that tape.
The person conversing with LS is the one that sent it to DWAP -
NOT LS

Last edited by a moderator:
The recreational dispensaries where I live (I am not in Colorado) require ID just to walk in the door, and they scan the ID as well so if she went to one there should be a record.

Same in Colorado. Every dispensary has a ton of surveillance cameras all over the place too. I imagine she'd be more likely to get cannabis from someone else rather than going to a dispensary herself, and it could've just been at hand for a while rather than her getting it specifically for the purpose of drugging GS. It's not that uncommon, even in my clean-cut circle of teachers and medical pros, for people to gift each other cannabis much like they'd bring a bottle of wine over for dinner.

That would explain why we heard nothing else about it except to teesplain that Gannon was interested in hockey. Usually she over explains -- what did she sell, buy, or decide against. You'd expect her to tell us. JMO

Add: She over explains everything -- if she doesn't, it makes me wonder why.

PIAS
Trade in and sell old equipment.
The cash one would get is minimal, but worth taking old equipment in to get a % discount on other equipment.
MOO to me nothing she has about the trip that day is really out of the norm.

MOO it is about what happened outside of her narrative.

She does need a defense attorney because the evidence and facts need to get settled.

MOO she has made me extra appreciative of the judicial system, and that there are courts of law where facts can be tried and decided.

45 minutes home to Petco
45 minutes Petco to Castlerock.
Minumum 10 minute visits to Petco each time
45 minutes Castlerock back to Petco.
45 minutes Petco back to home.

Did she kill Gannon before she went to Petco first visit?
Did she kill himbetween Petco and Castlerock?
Did he kill him on way back from Castlerock to Petco or
Did she kill him between Petco and home on return journey?

I'm not subscribing to the theory he died naturally in the truck all by himself and her only task was to dispose of his body.

Am mathematically challenged.
Did she visit Petco at all?

Police took a white car n January 31, day of tV interview.

Did a car swap take place in or around Petco on that day?
Is that the reason LE took the white car, if it was white?

It really looks like she had very little time to kill and dispose of him if above times are accurate?

Are there considerably shorter routes she could have taken?
Even if so, she still had a very tight time frame in which to kill him.
Some have noted Petcos proximity to campuses nearby

Hey everyone,

Tricia has said members can only discuss what TS said in the phone call on the DWAP youtube. That means no discussing the female interviewer or DWAP himself. Obviously TS discusses Petco in the call, so that opens Petco up for discussion.

Also, for some reason, a few members seem to have misinterpreted something about what is now allowed. The video re TS and Gannon on the Saturday night (candle/carpet issue) is STILL off limits as it originated in TS' social media which is no longer available.

Rental Car
I don’t think she was running around all by herself on Tuesday the day she picked up Al. Gannon went missing on Monday and by Wednesday KOAA received a tip that she was already a prime suspect. We don’t really know Tuesdays timeline except the rental pickup and her picking up Al, but I assume there were local searches ( her with Al) and police interviews. I don’t think she would leave Al with the police alone or go disappear for hours without her phone or no one knowing her whereabouts as it would make her look suspicious. I really don’t think she would have had the opportunity to move the body or disappear for hours. I still think the body is west/northwest of the Springs.

i hesitate to compare mental illness with personality disorders, this is not a chemical imbalance or screwed up wiring, there are no specific medications.
very few people with personality disordered would consider themselves mentally ill.
i have a severe chemical imbalance (my brain makes almost no dopamine . fun)
i do not consider that a mental illness either though many may.
i think labelling them illnesses minimises the responsibility of people who are for the most part just the extremes of selfishness, also people with serious mental illness should not be lumped into the same categories with these people.
Was going to say same. Personality disorder is clear here...

LS was pretty young when she had her daughter, 19-20 years old. By all accounts, HH is quite independent and well on her way to becoming an self-sufficient young adult.

I imagine LS felt that she was basically done parenting and ready to get back to living only for herself. This would only exacerbate her resentment, being a primary caregiver for two young children who were not her own.

So why would she marry Al knowing of his children and military career? Why would she help him win custody?

Because she lacks self-awareness and she's impulsive. She obviously doesn't think out long-term consequences and enjoys winning, especially when it's a "victory" against her biggest rival. She wanted another "win" against LH and to be the hero stepmom who stood up to take care of these children.

The reality that she'd very often be the solo caretaker of these children for many years didn't sink in until it actually happened.

Consider this, from her former coworker who vacationed with them:

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article240819176.html

That's why she fought the custody battles alongside Al. To maintain her idea of herself as the ever self-sacrificing family hero.

If TS hadn't been unified with Al in the custody battle, I don't think they would have been married long?

What I find interesting though, she repeatedly says she is the sole caretaker when Al is away from home and alludes to how much time she spends with them. Yet when Gannon went missing. She doesn't have any of the parents/friends phone numbers, Al does. She doesn't know any of their names, Al does.

When I initially started following this case, my hinky meter was up sheerly based on the fact TS couldn't say what friend's house he went to. What eleven year old kid doesn't say "Can I go to {insert friend's name} house to play"? Even if Gannon didn't "ask" permission, he would still say the friend's name.

jumping in several pages behind. But can someone tell me where the mental illness discussion is coming from? Do we know this as fact?
I don’t think she’s mentally ill. I think she has a personality disorder. I think she’s wicked, conniving, and evil. I do not think she is sick. Moo

Abdominal injuries wouldn't explain a pool of blood in the middle of the floor. Even if he had an abdominal wound it would be soaked up by clothing first.

**GRAPHIC***
Sorry if this has already been adressed.

Some were wondering about blood and being able to tell the difference between a head wound, internal bleeding etc...

I believe she abused him Sun night. He was still alive Mon morning. We saw the video of him walking to the truck, walking like he was injured. (I HATE typing this) She had a vomit bag for him. There was blood found in the home, which is why I believe he was possibly vomiting blood. The crime lab can do tests to figure out where the blood came from, internal injuries, "nosebleed" etc....I believe he lost his life in that truck and its possible that someone else helped LS to get rid of him. She did not have enough time to kill him, get rid of his body, other evidence and go on a shopping spree.

GRAPHIC

Vomiting blood may also be caused by more serious conditions such as internal injuries, organ bleeding, or organ rupture.

Regurgitated blood may appear brown, dark red, or bright red in color. Brown blood often resembles coffee grounds when vomited. The color of vomited blood can often indicate to your doctor the source and severity of the bleeding.

For example, darker blood generally indicates that the bleeding is coming from an upper gastrointestinal source, such as the stomach. Darker blood usually represents a less brisk and steady source of bleeding.

Rental Car
I don’t think she was running around all by herself on Tuesday the day she picked up Al. Gannon went missing on Monday and by Wednesday KOAA received a tip that she was already a prime suspect. We don’t really know Tuesdays timeline except the rental pickup and her picking up Al, but I assume there were local searches ( her with Al) and police interviews. I don’t think she would leave Al with the police alone or go disappear for hours without her phone or no one knowing her whereabouts as it would make her look suspicious. I really don’t think she would have had the opportunity to move the body or disappear for hours. I still think the body is west/northwest of the Springs.
Agreed. That’s my thinking on the rental car as well. Just another reason to discount that mileage of 900 miles.

She just wouldn’t have been able to get away for that long. I imagine that many hours were spent in a police interrogation room, and several hours were spent with Al.

Yeah we don't have to agree. People have their own theories. Abdominal injuries wouldn't explain a pool of blood in the middle of the floor. Even if he had an abdominal wound it would be soaked up by clothing first.

But I'm wondering something. If she's the one who told LE about Petco, maybe that IS the reason she went back. She went back and bought something else. Wouldn't suprise me if she bought the exact same three dog jackets. IOW she plans are elminating the first stop but she knows she went there and may have been seen. She bought something.

So she goes back to the store to try to shift the timeline to later in the day to account for the trip. I don't know if I'm making sense but basically she leaves with Gannon and gets there at 11. Finds him dead for whatever reason (or decides to kill him whatever anyone thinks) and then disposes of the body.

So she goes back to the Petco to pretend he was with her the whole time, and that she's left him in the car because he feels sick. But meanwhile she's already disposed of the body. This is why I think he's near her house.

Her original cover story was that he was home and left around 3ish..

But of course none of this matters if the neighbors video didn't blow all that out of the water.
I think she stopped at Petco to get something she needed or to stash her Apple Watch/gannons phone. I think she “reportedly” looked out the windows because Gannon was in the truck and she didn’t want him escaping. She cane back later and made a cover purchase to collect her items. I think she would have never mentioned PETCo if the tape from RD didn’t exist. It’s really not normal to go to the same pet store twice in one day (not in your own neighborhood either).

Agreed. That’s my thinking on the rental car as well. Just another reason to discount that mileage of 900 miles.

She just wouldn’t have been able to get away for that long. I imagine that many hours were spent in a police interrogation room, and several hours were spent with Al.
Yep she would feel the need to control the dialogue as much as possible

No, the audio does not explain "what she had against Gannon". <modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped>

I was referring to why she didn’t take out the younger stepdaughter/witness. She felt a lot closer to her, has known her from a young age n said G was much closer to his nan. She explains these relationships in the audio. I already know what she has against Gannon, some of which is not admissible here and was deleted.

Btw Nutmet, u put up a really long post the other day that I thought was spot on. Meant to comment on it, but when I went back to find it new thread had opened.

Last edited:

She left at 6:50 am iirc? His flight was 12:30ish. Why leave so early?

Yep she would feel the need to control the dialogue as much as possible
She left at 6:50 am iirc? His flight was 12:30ish. Why leave so early?
she certainly didn’t leave without her phone and she had to have gotten tons of calls

It varies, but there are definitely products out there that have virtually no cannabis smell/taste. They even make packets of dissolvable powder THC that can be added to a drink, and you'd never notice. While there are no recreational dispensaries in CO Springs, there are plenty within a reasonable distance including in Manitou Springs. It's also not difficult to get these things "under the table" in CO.

I'd say it's about as plausible as her giving him a ton of Benadryl or any other drug. There's nothing that really leads me to think that she did in fact drug him, though. It could explain his gait on the neighbor's Ring video, but that could be caused by any number of things, including illness/injury.

Having visited dispensaries in Vegas, I can attest that the chocolates in particular completely mask any odor or flavor and just taste like chocolate. And yeah, they can definitely subdue a full-grown adult. But I don't see that happening in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member