Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just Lysol sprayed the Jimmy John driver who ignored my commands to put it "over there on the food tray" he goes out out of his way to walk all the way over to my desk and proceed to breathe on me ....so I sprayed him , I said it 2x.....hope there's no legal issues but Good lord EVERY building he has been is a risk! POLL AM I CRAZY? I have 2 girls one has type 1 diabetes and asthma and 1 with just asthma, so I dont need you breathing on me !
What you mean you Lysol sprayed him?

I know people here are agreeing with you, but I don't think it's a good idea - for a few different reasons - to spray something on another person who didn't agree to be sprayed.

Be careful with that, imo.

jmo

JMO
Im already starting to debate with myself if I want to be the first in line to get an available Vaccine for this new Coronavirus when it first becomes available.

I am beginning to debate with myself about it. Do I want to be the first wave to trust and take the Vaccine or do I wait a little bit to make sure we dont start hearing about reactions or complications from the new vaccine.

I guess its one of those things where we will all have to make an individual decision on when or if we will go and get the first Vaccines for this when they finally become available.

Scientists really know how to make vaccines at this stage. As long as there’s no live virus, I’m in line. I have Kaiser and they’re already asking for volunteers for clinical trials in vaccines for this.

I don't think anyone who has prepared is overreacting. I started stocking up three weeks ago. I don't want to be caught up with panicked buyers. It is all products I will use, just in greater quantities.

I have also been keeping up with laundry. If one of us gets sick, I sure don't want loads of laundry to deal with.

My friend, who is going on a cruise mid-March, is currently at the doc with wheezing. She thinks it is allergies. I am hoping and praying the doc tells her she can't go with lung problems. She won't listen to me. *shakes head*
Even with the current travel warning for cruises? I suppose it's not a mandatory thing, but still, should make those planning cruises take notice and react appropriately. I'm shaking my head with you.

WHO presser has started over 2 hours late.

In the future, they will now only have Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Now that virus has foothold, threat of a pandemic has become very real. But is the first potential pandemic that be controlled... the decisions that we all make.... can influence the trajectory..epidemics at local level

Thank youuuuu

From @dixiegirl1035 post above “Now that virus has foothold...threat of a pandemic has become very real. But is the first potential pandemic that be controlled... the decisions that we all make.... can influence the trajectory..epidemics at local level”

ETA wow watching...”P” word in the context you mentioned above...I can not even tell you now glued I am to this and can not WAIT to also hear from Dr. Mike and Dr. Maria...

Last edited:
What you mean you Lysol sprayed him?

I know people here are agreeing with you, but I don't think it's a good idea - for a few different reasons - to spray something on another person who didn't agree to be sprayed.

Be careful with that, imo.

jmo
Yeah, I'm not wild about spraying people. I can't breathe if Lysol aerosol is sprayed in my vicinity. Had a major thing with a co-worker about it a couple of months ago, actually, followed by my throwing all aerosols in the trash.

JMO
Im already starting to debate with myself if I want to be the first in line to get an available Vaccine for this new Coronavirus when it first becomes available.

I am beginning to debate with myself about it. Do I want to be the first wave to trust and take the Vaccine or do I wait a little bit to make sure we dont start hearing about reactions or complications from the new vaccine.

I guess its one of those things where we will all have to make an individual decision on when or if we will go and get the first Vaccines for this when they finally become available.
I vote "wait."...... I almost killed my one year old son many years ago, getting him a Swine Flu shot, during that Scare. He spent four days in the Hospital, strapped down, with an IV stuck in his little head......Scared his Mother and I darn near to death.........moo

Courts and Coronavirus

All jury trials, both civil and criminal, have been postponed in Seattle and Tacoma federal courts. Grand juries are not meeting there, either.

Federal courts in New York's Southern District, including Manhattan, are restricting entry. No one will be allowed in who traveled within the past 14 days to China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, or Iran or who had close contact with someone who has. The chief judge has also ordered that no jail inmates can be brought to court for hearings if they have a fever.

The Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts has notified all federal courts to make certain they can maintain essential functions in the event of a pandemic, by substituting teleconferences for face-to-face meetings, requiring staff to stay home and the first sign of symptoms and encouraging more telework.

Coronavirus updates live: World markets tumble as anxiety grows in D.C.

Thank youuuuu

From above “Now that virus has foothold, threat of a pandemic has become very real. But is the first potential pandemic that be controlled... the decisions that we all make.... can influence the trajectory..epidemics at local level”

ETA wow watching...”P” word...I can tell you now glued I am to this and can not WAIT to also hear from Dr. Mike and Dr. Maria...
They went there? With the P word?

I mentioned yesterday that I had a necessary doctor appointment today where the waits are long and the waiting room is crowded. I decided it wasn’t that “necessary” and called this morning to cancel. I hate to cancel the day of and expected push-back. But when I explained that I didn’t want to sit in the crowded waiting room for an hour with coronavirus happening, she said she totally understood. I thanked her profusely.

They went there? With the P word?

Will need transcript. Still watching, I’m only a couple minutes in...I haven’t heard official declaration of one yet, still listening.

But he says this as we start: Now that the virus has foothold in so many countries, the threat of a pandemic has become very real.”

Last edited:
Amazon tells employees in New York and New Jersey to work from home

Amazon is asking employees at its New York and New Jersey offices to work from home if they can until the end of the month.

The company informed employees of the change on Monday.

The Amazon-owned audiobook company, Audible, is headquartered in Newark, New Jersey.

Amazon also employs thousands of people in New York City, including employees at Amazon Web Services and members of sales and marketing teams, among other units.

Coronavirus live updates: Cruise ship heads for Oakland, NYC mayor urges staying home

Los Angeles
2 new cases....person traveled from Japan
another may be first case of community transmission
social distancing to be in effect immediately for elderly, pregnant women, health compromised people
over 330 facilities for interim housing
long term care facilities to be monitored and to take precautions
LA no numbers yet on # of people tested, started last Friday
only one lab....60 people only tested
schools not yet to be closed

For the love o bleeping Pete...60 freakn tests for LA!!! This is f'n criminal, somebody ought to lose something over this...and I mean at the TOP...

7-year-old in NYC diagnosed with coronavirus

... in the Bronx. This is not the first child in the U.S. to be diagnosed. An elementary school student in Indiana, as well as another New York City child, have also been diagnosed.

Coronavirus updates live: World markets tumble as anxiety grows in D.C.
I'm wondering if the Bronx student is connected to the previous cases - the New Rochelle lawyer who was hospitalized had at least one child who attended school in Riverdale, Bronx. Perhaps his child or a classmate has been diagnosed. If so, I think those Riverdale schools are already closed.

jmo

Regal Princess is currently in her berth at Port Everglades. Scheduled for departure this evening at dusk; specific time TBD. Regal Princess was supposed to depart (new voyage) yesterday but was delayed due to COVID-19 testing. It amazes me that people are still willing to take the chance on sailing with possibly-infected passengers and/or crew. If I had a cruise scheduled now, I would have canceled at the first sign of trouble.

Port Everglades Webcam - Live Streaming Video from PTZtv
I am very glad you aren’t on a cruise during this mess.

Hi everyone! I’m back from my absolute last store run for a while—Thankfully I was able to get my medical marijuana, that was the last thing on the list. I have now done everything I can possibly do to help prepare me and my family. This has taken weeks to do with much planning ahead, special orders from the pharmacy, multiple trips, etc. That’s it, nothing more, no more kidneys left to sell. But I have basic needs such as dog food, medicines, toilet paper, food, rubbing alcohol, wipes, etc. Nothing over the top, only essential items so I won’t have to go to the store for a few weeks. If there was more money I would’ve prepared for at least 3 months but that just wasn’t feasible so I did the best with what I had. This has all cost a small fortune.

Some of you may remember when I went to the store a few days ago and was literally mocked to my face that it’s “only the flu, we’re all going to do die sometime, it’s all a government conspiracy and a bunch of media hype”. I was ridiculed and fed with a bunch of BS and misinformation by the clerk, as well as the other two people with me at the check out line. Due to that, I said I was “1 out of 4” who cared out the CV in my area and 25% of who was taking this seriously.

Well guess what, I have now changed that number to 1 out of ten after returning from the store. Not only did a 20ish year old clerk say, “I’m not worried, I’ll take coronavirus, it’s just a cold”, but my other friends at the store insisted on hugging me even though I TOLD them when they asked “What’s up” that I’m very concerned and out preparing. I was also very obviously keeping a distance and standing there with latex gloves on holding a chlorine wipe in my hand but they still didn’t get the message. They were trying to high five, hug...They just don’t understand the seriousness of this AT ALL. (Of course I’m grateful for the love and hug but you guys KWIM).

As I said in another post, do not expect some people to understand or even respect your boundaries. Expect them to think you are way over the top.

I was fed with more conspiracy theories and minimizations, and once again was the ONLY person in the room even minutely phased by the whole situation.

I can’t wait to catch up here. After my trip, once again I’ve started to doubt myself and wonder if I am really overreacting...again, I’m sure once I start reading here and mingling with my colleagues that I love and respect so much that I’ll be right back where I was yesterday, 110 percent concerned and trusting my own instincts and education on the matter.
moooogarita, This is all your own fault for being so darn huggable. Here, catch a big old hug from West Texas.......O.........moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member