Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just Lysol sprayed the Jimmy John driver who ignored my commands to put it "over there on the food tray" he goes out out of his way to walk all the way over to my desk and proceed to breathe on me ....so I sprayed him , I said it 2x.....hope there's no legal issues but Good lord EVERY building he has been is a risk! POLL AM I CRAZY? I have 2 girls one has type 1 diabetes and asthma and 1 with just asthma, so I dont need you breathing on me !
LOL !...... Best post of the day so far.....LOL !.....moo

@gitana1, omggg please see my above post. I’ve been thinking about you all morning when I ask myself if I’m crazy when everyone else around me is minimizing this and literally mocking and ridiculing me—I’m telling myself that you, and others, who are so smart and whom I respect so much, feel and think the same way, so surely my concern is valid.

Remember, we all here are in RL are getting the same from folks, you aren't alone! Until it hits where we live..

We support you Margarita!

Ireland's Euro 2020 play-off still scheduled to go ahead amid coronavirus concerns

THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION of Ireland says that the upcoming Euro 2020 play-off between the Republic of Ireland and Slovakia is still scheduled to be played.

Fears over the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus have had a sizeable impact on the sporting calendar.

The postponement of the Six Nations rugby international between France and Ireland, which was due to be played in Paris this Saturday, was confirmed today.

Anxiety in an aging Congress as coronavirus marches across U.S.
"There's a lot of concern that members could bring it home," a senior Democratic leadership aide says as offices discuss recessing Congress.

Anxiety in an aging Congress as coronavirus marches across U.S.

Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga., said in a statement on Monday that would self-quarantine for 14 days after CPAC officials "discovered a photo of myself and the patient who has tested positive for coronavirus." Collins met with President Donald Trump last week during a visit to the CDC headquarters in Atlanta.

An aide for Collins told NBC News that in addition to the congressman, two staffers from his office are also self-quarantining

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, announced late Sunday that he will stay home in Texas this week because he also had a brief interaction with a person attending CPAC who has tested positive.

Gosar, Cruz and Collins all said they were experiencing no symptoms but were acting out of caution.

"Members are very nervous," a senior Democratic leadership aide said. "There's a lot of concern that members could bring it home."

Full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak

BBM. This is 3rd Congressman to do so.

The death toll from coronavirus has drastically risen over the last couple of days in Italy. Reuters reports that there are now 463 people dead and 9172 cases. Based on those numbers alone, that would mean more than 5% of those diagnosed have succumbed to the virus in Italy. It’s quite a jump from Sunday when the death toll stood at 366 and on Saturday when it was 233.

Coronavirus Death Toll Spikes In Italy - News & Guts Media

ETA Are these fatalities from older population? Medically compromised population?

The death toll from coronavirus has drastically risen over the last couple of days in Italy. Reuters reports that there are now 463 people dead and 9172 cases. Based on those numbers alone, that would mean more than 5% of those diagnosed have succumbed to the virus in Italy. It’s quite a jump from Sunday when the death toll stood at 366 and on Saturday when it was 233.

Coronavirus Death Toll Spikes In Italy - News & Guts Media
over 9000 now ?! This morning it was 7375 according the the Johns Hopkins CSSE, horrible enough.

Hi I hit pause because I’m soaking in that sentence.

You guys know how much I value every word of these gentlemen.

—-

I’m outside listening to the birds thinking about this.

I eagerly await the rest of the conference.

Puppy is thrilled to have fished something out of the laundry basket and is running around happy as can be (thankfully the item is nothing FOMIDable (hahaha))

Anyway, yeah man. Talk about right down to the minute. I just get home from my last shop run after weeks of planning and work and Doc T throws the “P” word around. We know he does not take this word lightly, obviously. I can not wait to hear what he says.

—-

Random musing before I go back in. I noticed while listening to the birds I was touching my face, my chapped lips to be exact, rubbing the dead skin off. Yeah gonna have to quit that one.

Qmfr re: “hitting pause” / bringing forward WHO PC / going back in:
Will need transcript. Still watching, I’m only a couple minutes in...I haven’t heard official declaration of one yet, still listening.

But he says this as we start: Now that the virus has foothold in so many countries, the threat of a pandemic has become very real.”

Last edited:
BBM

The American Conservative Union (ACU) said in a statement on Saturday that a CPAC attendee tested positive for COVID-19 at a New Jersey hospital shortly after attending the convention. ACU said that the patient was exposed to the virus before attending the convention and that he was now under quarantine in the hospital.

The attendee did not come in contact with President Trump or Vice President Pence, ACU said. Though ACU chairman Matt Schlapp told The Washington Post that he interacted with the patient and then shook Trump's hand on the last day of the conference.

GOP Rep. Doug Collins self-quarantines after exposure to coronavirus patient

Try again...

Another one from DC Conference.
3 Ohioans test positive for coronavirus; DeWine declares state of emergency
The three cases are from Cuyahoga County, and all patients are in their mid-50s, DeWine said.

Two are a husband and wife who had been on a cruise ship. One of the two is hospitalized, the other is not.

The third person is a man who attended a political conference in Washington, D.C. He is not connected to the husband and wife, and he is not hospitalized.

My stepson works at MD Anderson in one of their cancer research departments. He’s told us about some meetings but this is the first official info I’ve seen. The canceling business travel and personal travel will result in screening is a good idea.
CORONAVIRUS LATEST: MD Anderson limits visitors, postpones campus tours
CORONAVIRUS LATEST: MD Anderson limits visitors, postpones campus tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads